Start by marking “Dare to Drop the Pose” as Want to Read:
Dare to Drop the Pose

Dare to Drop the Pose

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  57 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Is the REAL you getting lost because the FAKE you is just so annoyingly impressive?

“Stepping onto the platform to preach that morning, I admitted to myself that I was not a pastor first, but a regular, scared, insecure, everyday guy whose life had been changed by Jesus. And if Jesus really loved me as I was (I knew He did), then why should I go on trying to be someone I w...more
Published December 14th 2011 by Multnomah Books (first published August 10th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Dare to Drop the Pose, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dare to Drop the Pose

J.D.
Impressively honest.

I think this is a very important book for many people, pastors and laymen alike. It is especially significant coming from a pastor of such a large church who I'd assume has intense pressure of putting up a front. What we receive in this, however, is the gift to be human and not mindless robots that interact with each other. This is not a book to come to if you're trying to understand what the Bible says about the topic of being real or anything like that. To be honest, there...more
Diane
10 things Christians think but are afraid to say. This was very good. Many Christians feel a need to "play" Christian. It's not that they don't believe or that their desires to please God are false... but it isn't neccesary to try to look as though you have it all together in order to be pleasing to God. On the contrairy, this gets in the way as it tends to become more "your" doing/scrambling than just resting in Christ and letting him "do through you".

In parts of this book I even found myself...more
Doug
Originally Called confession of a pastor Craig Groschel loosely touches on many things that leaders struggle with. If you want to be challenged and open up in growing with your walk and desire not to "fake it" when it comes to how you lead, this book is for you.

I would recommend for anyone in leadership positions. It is written from a pastors perspective, but is applicable to anyone who desire to develop themselves.

This was read in my bible study and discussed in a group. There are questions i...more
Trent Gillespie
A great look at hypocritical Christians, written by a Christian Pastor. He really doesn't like praying. Neither do I. I have ADD praying that goes off on tangents. He struggles to be a good Christian, as do we all (who are Christians). Insightful, honest and with good strategies to try to make yourself a better Christian, not the perfect Christian, just better. A wonderful read for a Christian like me.
Regina
I really like this book. The only thing I don't like is that in Weird (his new book) he puts quite a bit of the same stories in it.
Kent Brindley
A great read and beautiful, personal reminder for those of us struggling to retain our Christian identities.
Karen
Everyone who was raised in church should read this book. Especially pastors.
Dean
Dean marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Theresa Gilmore
Theresa Gilmore marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Richard Fitzgerald
Richard Fitzgerald marked it as to-read
May 26, 2014
jeric6389
jeric6389 marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Dax Pueschel
Dax Pueschel marked it as to-read
May 10, 2014
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2014
Caleb Surly
Caleb Surly marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2014
Vicki Glover
Vicki Glover marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2014
Randy
Randy added it
Aug 02, 2014
Laura Skrebunas
Laura Skrebunas marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Craig Groeschel (born December 2, 1967) is the founder and senior pastor of LifeChurch.tv, a church with thirteen locations in six states. He is married with six children and lives in Edmond, Oklahoma, a suburb of Oklahoma City, where LifeChurch.tv is based.

Groeschel was born in Houston, Texas and grew up in southern Oklahoma, attending Ardmore High School. He attended Oklahoma City University, a...more
More about Craig Groeschel...
The Christian Atheist: Believing in God But Living as If He Doesn't Exist Weird: Because Normal Isn T Working Soul Detox: Clean Living in a Contaminated World It: How Churches and Leaders Can Get It and Keep It Altar Ego: Becoming Who God Says You Are