Start by marking “Dare to Drop the Pose” as Want to Read:
Dare to Drop the Pose

Dare to Drop the Pose

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  67 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Is the REAL you getting lost because the FAKE you is just so annoyingly impressive?

“Stepping onto the platform to preach that morning, I admitted to myself that I was not a pastor first, but a regular, scared, insecure, everyday guy whose life had been changed by Jesus. And if Jesus really loved me as I was (I knew He did), then why should I go on trying to be someone I
Published December 14th 2011 by Multnomah Books (first published August 10th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Dare to Drop the Pose, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dare to Drop the Pose

J.D.
Impressively honest.

I think this is a very important book for many people, pastors and laymen alike. It is especially significant coming from a pastor of such a large church who I'd assume has intense pressure of putting up a front. What we receive in this, however, is the gift to be human and not mindless robots that interact with each other. This is not a book to come to if you're trying to understand what the Bible says about the topic of being real or anything like that. To be honest, there
Diane
10 things Christians think but are afraid to say. This was very good. Many Christians feel a need to "play" Christian. It's not that they don't believe or that their desires to please God are false... but it isn't neccesary to try to look as though you have it all together in order to be pleasing to God. On the contrairy, this gets in the way as it tends to become more "your" doing/scrambling than just resting in Christ and letting him "do through you".

In parts of this book I even found myself
Doug
Originally Called confession of a pastor Craig Groschel loosely touches on many things that leaders struggle with. If you want to be challenged and open up in growing with your walk and desire not to "fake it" when it comes to how you lead, this book is for you.

I would recommend for anyone in leadership positions. It is written from a pastors perspective, but is applicable to anyone who desire to develop themselves.

This was read in my bible study and discussed in a group. There are questions i
Matthew Green
really good book, very thought provoking.
Trent Gillespie
A great look at hypocritical Christians, written by a Christian Pastor. He really doesn't like praying. Neither do I. I have ADD praying that goes off on tangents. He struggles to be a good Christian, as do we all (who are Christians). Insightful, honest and with good strategies to try to make yourself a better Christian, not the perfect Christian, just better. A wonderful read for a Christian like me.
Regina
I really like this book. The only thing I don't like is that in Weird (his new book) he puts quite a bit of the same stories in it.
Kent Brindley
A great read and beautiful, personal reminder for those of us struggling to retain our Christian identities.
Karen
Everyone who was raised in church should read this book. Especially pastors.
John
John marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2015
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
Randall Ritchie
Randall Ritchie marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015
Travis
Travis marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2015
Eric Ingle
Eric Ingle marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2015
BRITTNEY
BRITTNEY marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2015
Kbkimes
Kbkimes marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2015
James Delpierre
James Delpierre is currently reading it
Jan 21, 2015
Funto
Funto marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Kerry Mckibbon
Kerry Mckibbon marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2015
Carlos
Carlos marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2014
Chris Murphy
Chris Murphy marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2014
Sadie
Sadie marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2014
Sabrina Ward
Sabrina Ward marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
Trevor
Trevor added it
Dec 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Craig Groeschel (born December 2, 1967) is the founder and senior pastor of LifeChurch.tv, a church with thirteen locations in six states. He is married with six children and lives in Edmond, Oklahoma, a suburb of Oklahoma City, where LifeChurch.tv is based.

Groeschel was born in Houston, Texas and grew up in southern Oklahoma, attending Ardmore High School. He attended Oklahoma City University, a
More about Craig Groeschel...
The Christian Atheist: Believing in God But Living as If He Doesn't Exist Weird: Because Normal Isn't Working Soul Detox: Clean Living in a Contaminated World It: How Churches and Leaders Can Get It and Keep It Altar Ego: Becoming Who God Says You Are