Start by marking “One, Two, Buckle My Shoe” as Want to Read:
One, Two, Buckle My Shoe

One, Two, Buckle My Shoe

One, Two, Buckle My Shoe is a book with a new twist on a classic nursery rhyme. Young children will learn to count from one to ten as they recite this favorite rhyme. Colorful abstract shapes transform into playful circus scenes with the turn of a page. Watch as the two polka dots magically become a clown's shoe; see ten different colored circles transform into juggling ri ...more
Published November 30th 2011 by Robin Corey Books (first published January 25th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about One, Two, Buckle My Shoe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One, Two, Buckle My Shoe

Sylvester
2* art
3* concept

The window cut-outs really make this book - Squirt peeks through them, turns the pages backwards just to get a better look, puts his hand through the windows... His favorite part is "3,4, knock on the door" - he knocks on the picture of the door and says "knock! knock! - which is adorable (in my opinion).
Jenna
Very cute and simple, taking the classic nursery rhyme and depicting it in a concrete way. I was a bit discombobulated by the varied lyrics ("Knock at the door" versus "Shut the door"), but it still went over, especially by adding additional sound effects and actions. The very bright illustrations and interactive pages gave a surprise element to the book.
Elizabeth K.
Aug 16, 2012 Elizabeth K. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Elizabeth by: NYPL
Shelves: 2012-lucy
We get a kick out of this, although I confess it took a little while to grow on me. As a general thing, Lu likes books with cut-out illustrations, so reading it is a more of a combo visual-tactile experience, and at 18 months, it's a big deal for her to be able to find and identify the ringmaster mouse on each page.
Anastasia Tuckness
This is an amazing rendition of the nursery rhyme, with cut-outs that let you guess what's next and brightly colored simple illustrations representing the words in the rhyme and the numbers themselves. Truly masterful and educational and enjoyable!
Elle Markov
May 15, 2015 Elle Markov rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Little toddlers learn to count in this bright and rhythmic short book. It's bright and engaging and the cardboard pages means no matter how rough the little ones get the book is safe for another day.

Rating 5 out of 5
Read@Book
Chrystie
Apr 29, 2011 Chrystie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s
My daughter adores the book. The cutouts on the page make it more fun for her to turn the pages, and the last two pages fold out for big fun. Very cute!
Gilbert
Gilbert rated it really liked it
Apr 05, 2011
Melissa
Guessing/hoping my copy was missing pages 9/10? Otherwise, this would be a very weird book.
Tiffany
Tiffany rated it it was ok
Oct 01, 2012
Elke Erickson
Elke Erickson rated it liked it
Aug 26, 2014
Sarah Gioia
Sarah Gioia rated it liked it
Feb 09, 2016
Lydia Darais
Lydia Darais rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2012
Harry
Harry rated it it was ok
May 01, 2011
Lisa Roberts
Lisa Roberts rated it really liked it
Apr 01, 2014
Carina
Carina rated it it was ok
Nov 30, 2015
Hittheslopes
Hittheslopes rated it really liked it
Feb 23, 2016
Mary Luzader
Mary Luzader rated it liked it
Nov 01, 2016
Theda
Theda rated it really liked it
Apr 29, 2012
Ms.
Ms. rated it really liked it
May 17, 2014
Benjamin
Benjamin rated it liked it
Jul 24, 2013
Heather
Heather rated it it was ok
May 31, 2011
Rachael
Rachael rated it it was amazing
Sep 12, 2016
Marietta
Marietta rated it really liked it
Dec 20, 2012
Kellee
Kellee rated it really liked it
Jun 13, 2014
Pinky
Pinky rated it liked it
Apr 26, 2013
Sydney Byrne
Sydney Byrne rated it did not like it
Sep 08, 2015
Annie Liss
Annie Liss rated it really liked it
Dec 15, 2013
GoldfiKids
GoldfiKids rated it really liked it
Mar 11, 2011
Megan
Cute, but not among my favorites.
Miranda
Miranda rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2015
Salina Yoon is an award-winning author/illustrator of over 150 books for children, including Penguin and Pinecone, Penguin on Vacation, Penguin in Love, Penguin and Pumpkin, Penguin's Big Adventure, Found, and Stormy Night.

Her latest book, Be a Friend, was a Winter 2015-2016 Kids' Indie Next Pick. Among her other awards are a Scholastic Teachers Top 10 Picture Book for Penguin's Big Adventure, an
More about Salina Yoon...