One, Two, Buckle My Shoe

One, Two, Buckle My Shoe

3.58 of 5 stars 3.58  ·  rating details  ·  31 ratings  ·  6 reviews
One, Two, Buckle My Shoe is a book with a new twist on a classic nursery rhyme. Young children will learn to count from one to ten as they recite this favorite rhyme. Colorful abstract shapes transform into playful circus scenes with the turn of a page. Watch as the two polka dots magically become a clown's shoe; see ten different colored circles transform into juggling ri...more
Published November 30th 2011 by Robin Corey Books (first published January 25th 2011)

Sylvester
2* art
3* concept

The window cut-outs really make this book - Squirt peeks through them, turns the pages backwards just to get a better look, puts his hand through the windows... His favorite part is "3,4, knock on the door" - he knocks on the picture of the door and says "knock! knock! - which is adorable (in my opinion).
Elizabeth K.
Aug 16, 2012 Elizabeth K. rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Elizabeth by: NYPL
Shelves: 2012-lucy
We get a kick out of this, although I confess it took a little while to grow on me. As a general thing, Lu likes books with cut-out illustrations, so reading it is a more of a combo visual-tactile experience, and at 18 months, it's a big deal for her to be able to find and identify the ringmaster mouse on each page.
Anastasia Tuckness
This is an amazing rendition of the nursery rhyme, with cut-outs that let you guess what's next and brightly colored simple illustrations representing the words in the rhyme and the numbers themselves. Truly masterful and educational and enjoyable!
Chrystie
My daughter adores the book. The cutouts on the page make it more fun for her to turn the pages, and the last two pages fold out for big fun. Very cute!
Robin
This will be fun to use with the lapsit story time program next month! Colorful yet simple.
Lindsay
Rivals Keith Baker's Big Fat Hen as my favorite version of this rhyme.
Megan
Cute, but not among my favorites.
Megan
Emily
Emily added it
Mar 21, 2014
Anusha
Anusha marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2014
Usman Tahir
Usman Tahir marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2014
Hafsa Altaf
Hafsa Altaf marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2014
Oct 18, 2013
Emily
Emily added it
Sep 27, 2013
I am the author/illustrator/designer and format engineer of nearly 200 novelty and board books for young children. I strive to make each book entertaining, educational and uniquely interactive.

My awards include the 2009 Oppenheim Toy Portfolio Gold Seal, Best Book Award, for both TOYS and ROCK & ROLL COLORS (Scholastic). OPPOSNAKES (S&S) was a 2009 finalist for the CBC's Children's Choice...more
More about Salina Yoon...
Penguin and Pinecone Penguin on Vacation Penguin in Love Do Cows Meow? Opposnakes: A Lift-the-Flap Book About Opposites