Start by marking “Christ Our Mediator: Finding Passion at the Cross” as Want to Read:
Christ Our Mediator: Finding Passion at the Cross

Christ Our Mediator: Finding Passion at the Cross

4.24  ·  Rating Details  ·  105 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews

WHAT’S THE KEY TO HAVING MORE PASSION FOR CHRIST, THE CROSS, AND THE GOSPEL ?

The answer is to look at the death of Christ not from our point of view, but from God’s. That’s what this book helps you do in a profound, strategic, and life-changing way.

Author C. J. Mahaney exposes our human tendency to look at the Savior’s death (and at everything else!) through our own sub
Published October 12th 2011 by Multnomah (first published September 21st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Christ Our Mediator, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christ Our Mediator

Michael Andrzejewski
Christ our Mediator, by CJ Mahaney does one thing well. It pleads with the reader to consider the supreme importance of understanding of Christ's substitutionary death on the cross. Mahaney posits, "...by better understanding His suffering, we'll grow in a consistent joy and zeal that will equip us for whatever trials God brings our way in the process of sanctification."

A quick read of only 63 pages, simply written and concise, Christ our Mediator reads more like a sermon that an actual book. In
Jon
Jan 05, 2011 Jon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A study on the various aspects of the Passion of our Savior. This book diagrams beautifully the emotion, love, sacrifice, and majesty of my wonderful Lord. I watched as C.J. Presented the cross as a personal act of love for me. The main thrust behind this book is that “before we can see the cross as something done for us, we must see it as something done by us.” - John Stott. What a concept. My Christ, as a gift from my God, sacrificed that I might have a relationship with Him. “For there is one ...more
Wendy
Take a look "with more depth and detail at why He suffered and what He uniquely accomplished by His suffering in relation to God and for the sinner" as C.J. Mahaney explores the gospel, beginning with what he calls "The Divine Dilemma", the solution, and what that meant for Jesus to die in our place, for our sins, so we may be forgiven and reconciled to God.

This is a short read, but presents the gospel with a little different emphasis than I'm used to - namely the very personal person of Jesus C
Kelly Schulz
Jul 14, 2014 Kelly Schulz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was tickled pink to find this small hardcover/coffee table style book being practically given away at my local library.
A fan of CJ Mahaney, I nabbed it up and have found that for it's concise length, it holds rich and deeply vibrant gospel truth.
It sums up all the powerful salvation clarity and theological profundity of CJ's previously authored title, "Living the Cross Centered Life" in a shorter, but equally effective work.
Excellent resource for gifting, outreach/welcome bags etc.
Randy Alcorn
Christ our Mediator is a much-needed correction to this culture of entitlement. It should astound us that Jesus went to hell on the cross so we’ll never get what we deserve. We’ve grown too accustomed to grace-we need to be floored by it. C. J. Mahaney gives us a fresh look at our Lord and His cross. I was drawn closer to Jesus through this book-what higher complement could I offer?
John
Jul 12, 2009 John rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good book for any Christian to read, but it would be exceptional especially in its use with a new believer or in an evangelistic relationship. My only complaint is that Mahaney doesn't plunge as deeep as I'd like at times (the book's brevity doesn't allow for it).
Philip
Jun 30, 2012 Philip rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is vintage C.J. All Gospel, all the time. It takes you through the Gospel storyline from beginning to end offering wonderful new perspectives and an outstanding glimpse into C.J.'s passion for the Cross.
Emily Cipalla
Sep 11, 2012 Emily Cipalla rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this was one of my husband's favorites! Thanks to great friends we met along the way, this helped JOe and I walk closer with Christ and come to baptism in the faith WE accepted
Sally Andrews
Jun 19, 2012 Sally Andrews rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really great book. It begs to be read slowly. Absorb it and THINK as you read. Don't hurry through, but listen to God speaking.
Benjamin
Benjamin marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2016
Othym
Othym added it
Jun 11, 2016
Ricky LLanes
Ricky LLanes marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2016
Angus
Angus marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2016
Josh.Hill23Gmail.Com
Josh.Hill23Gmail.Com marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2016
Tony Fernandez
Tony Fernandez marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2016
Kourtney
Kourtney marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2016
Xaviel
Xaviel is currently reading it
Mar 22, 2016
Stephen
Stephen marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2016
Alex Morgan
Alex Morgan marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2016
Kristen
Kristen marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2016
Brittany Evans
Brittany Evans rated it it was amazing
Jan 22, 2016
Adam Packer
Adam Packer marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2016
Gideonite Prince
Gideonite Prince marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2015
Daniel Emma
Daniel Emma rated it really liked it
Nov 19, 2015
Rachel
Rachel rated it it was amazing
Nov 05, 2015
Lori
Lori marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2015
Nick Brown
Nick Brown rated it really liked it
Oct 27, 2015
Chana Marie
Chana Marie marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
C.J. Mahaney leads Sovereign Grace Ministries in its mission to establish and support local churches. He spent 27 years pastoring Covenant Life Church in Gaithersburg, Maryland.

He currently co-hosts the Together for the Gospel conference with Mark Dever, Ligon Duncan and Albert Mohler and serves on the Council of the Alliance of Confessing Evangelicals, and on the boards of The Council on Biblica
More about C.J. Mahaney...