Start by marking “Foretold: 14 Tales of Prophecy and Prediction” as Want to Read:
Foretold: 14 Tales of Prophecy and Prediction

Foretold: 14 Tales of Prophecy and Prediction

3.95  ·  Rating Details ·  6,146 Ratings  ·  866 Reviews
Have you ever been tempted to look into the future? To challenge predictions? To question fate

It's human nature to wonder about life's twists and turns. But is the future already written - or do you have the power to alter it?

From fantastical prophecies to predictions of how the future will transpire, Foretold is a collection of stories about our universal fascination wit
Published August 28th 2012 by Delacorte Press (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Foretold, please sign up.

Isabella Richelle Mead wrote "Homecoming" for an anthology, called "Foretold: 14 Tales of Prophecy and Prediction" You should be able to find this at your…moreRichelle Mead wrote "Homecoming" for an anthology, called "Foretold: 14 Tales of Prophecy and Prediction" You should be able to find this at your local book store.

If not, you can go here and read it for free. http://www.kissofvampires.com/book5/H...(less)

Lucy
Is anyone else just wanting to read this for Dimitri and Rose's story?
Stacia (the 2010 club)
I am fangirl, hear me roar.

No, really. I'm not kidding. Me, the one who likes to slap people who squeal too much. We all have our weaknesses which will turn us into a crazed fangirl. Dimitri Belikov is mine. Oh how I love that Russian.

I promise that I will read the Laini Taylor short story (and maybe check out a couple others), but it's no secret that the only reason I had to get my hands on this book was for the extra helping of my Dimka in the Richelle Mead short story.

Creative and insightful
Athena Herondale
ROSE AND DIMTRI! I'm going to die! I fell out of my chair when I saw this. Not kidding.

FYI. that actually really hurt....

OH. MY. GOD. GIMME NOW!

I'M COMING FOR YOU DIMITRI!!!!! I'LL SAVE YOU!

and once i save you, you are all mine Dimka. You are all mine.

DAMN IT I'M BEGINNING TO HYPERVENTALATE!

my mom is giving me dirty looks but...

YOLO.

EDIT 9-10

Today was my birthday and I got the book!!! Off to read :)

EDIT 9-12

I FAINTED AND SCREAMED MY HEAD OFF.

I went to heaven and back.

Amazing.

I didn't even read
Annie
Jul 29, 2013 Annie rated it it was amazing
leave me to dieeeeeeeeeee
i just wanna kill myself everytime i read something about romitri because they suffered so much and they are so perfect for each other and HOW CAN YOU END IT LIKE THIS
H
O
W

i need more romitri and more dimitri povs. im desperate ok. richelle mead i will give you everything you want but PLEASE GIVE ME MORE OF ROMITRI
oh and : he was my badass battle god
i mean HELLO??? DEAD LIKE SO TOTALLY DEAD

im just gonna put the link here so i can find it everytime i want to read it and
Marulett
Aug 13, 2012 Marulett rated it liked it
ROSE & DIMITRIS STORY :))))))

And it was too short and sort of crappy....I expected more...

Rating only for Mead's short story
Dija
This review is only for Homecoming by Richelle Mead.

4/5 stars

*swoooooon* Melty gooey fangirl puddle = me.

I can't begin to express how wonderful it was to revisit Rose and Dimitri and to read something from her POV again. I actually had tears of joy in my eyes when I started this. I also had the sappiest grin on my face throughout, especially reading the ending.

YA heroes like Dimitri and heroines like Rose are quickly becoming an endangered species. Unforgettable characters like these two are
Misha
Mar 17, 2012 Misha rated it liked it
Rose and Dimitri back in Russia. I'm going to die by pleasure! Really!

//after reading

I wasn't as impressed at I thought I will be but I didn't hate it. Meybe one day I'll read other short stories too.
Jolie
Mar 30, 2012 Jolie rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
I just can't wait for Rose and Dimitri the Stigroi's story. I hope so much that it is being released in Australia!
Sharon ∞❥ is an angst book junkie ❥∞
**Only read Richelle Mead's Homecoming**

Rose and Dimitri...isn't that the only thing that matters? and it was even better because they went back to Dimitri's hometown to see his family and for them to see him...alive and not a Strigoi.

All of Dimitri's family makes me laugh and I loved how Rose still fit right in. I couldn't get enough of the little looks between Rose and Dimitri and they just fit...perfectly.

Of course, they have to go on a Strigoi hunt but the best thing about that was the hot
Miriam Mathew
We all wanted an epilogue to Rose and Dimitri’s story. We all wanted more after the stunning conclusion that was Last Sacrifice and Richelle Mead? She bloody gave it to us like the amazing author that she is!!

Homecoming was written in typical Richelle Mead fashion. It was:

Snarky.

Action-filled

Humorous.

And generally, FRICKING AMAZING!!

The characters were no less wonderful. Rose remained the kick-ass, smart-mouthed heroine that she was. Dimitri kept to his mysterious, yet I-can-drop-you-on-the-grou
Lisa RC
Mar 14, 2012 Lisa RC rated it liked it
I've read many short stories before and I really can't wait to read these. Some of the most well-known authors are taking part in this collaboration. It's also edited by Carrie Ryan, the author of The Forest of Hands and Teeth.
Other authors who are contributing include (and some of their famous works):

Heather Brewer

Perfect Chemistry series

Diana Peterfreund
Rampant - Kil
Catarina Szelsky †
OH MY GOSH ,OH MY GOSH, OH.MY.GOSH TAKE ME TO THE FUCKING HOSPITAL.
(breathe in , breathe out..)

JESUS. FUCKING . CHRIST ! Holy mother of god!

AM I READING THIS CORRETLY? DID I JUST READ THAT THIS CONTAINS MY DIMITRI IN IT?.. WITH ROSE?.... IN FUCKING RUSSIA?

Wait.. WHAT THA FUCK? *FACEPALM* *SCREAMING LIKE A DELUSIONAL GIRL*

When I hear about Dimitri aka my beautiful steamy russian god I am kinda like this

AND this

I have this weird tendency to fall in love and obssessed over fictional boys and my swe
AJ
How could I possibly resist the opportunity for more Dimitri Belikov. Easy, I couldn’t! And so I bought the entire Foretold: 14 Tales of Prophecy and Prediction compilation JUST to read 40 pages of Dimitri and Rose, and I really enjoyed it.

Taking place a few weeks after the end of Last Sacrifice, this little story shows us Dimitri’s return home to Siberia to visit his family after the dramatic events at the end of the Vampire Academy series. Of course, while they’re in town, they get roped into
Kaina
Aug 13, 2012 Kaina rated it liked it
A Dimitri quote from foretold *madwomen squeal*

"I haven’t even really tried to win you over, Roza. When I want to, I can be very persuasive.”

*Actual review*
You can find more reviews at These Flying Pages

So I only really read this for the short story Homecoming by Richelle Mead. I've practically been waiting for this forever. So, you can imagine my disappointment when I started reading eagerly and turned the page after about thirty minutes and saw the acknowledgments. I really don't understand wh
Chester Carstairs
Homecoming

"I haven’t even really tried to win you over, Roza. When I want to, I can be very persuasive."

I really, really, really missed my Rozka. I didn't even realize how much until I read this. I was smiling like an idiot the whole time! I don't think I'll ever get tired of these two. It's nice that they get happy moments like these. After everything they've been through in VA, they definitely deserve this! Now I need a Rozka wedding.

Preview of the story can be found HERE.
Kim
Mar 14, 2012 Kim rated it it was amazing
*THIS REVIEW IS FOR RICHELLE MEAD'S 'HOMECOMING' ONLY*

Wow, that's all I can say right about now. Revisiting the Vampire Academy world is not a new thing these days, what with the Bloodlines series continuing the VA adventures; but revisiting in the mind of Rose Hathaway - AMAZING!

I had been missing Rose's voice for so long. The brief glimpses we've had of her in Bloodlines were not enough to keep my need for more Rose from making me go insane. It was incredible the way I fell back into Rose's
M.
May 05, 2012 M. rated it did not like it
I simply loath this type of commercial stunt. Why couldn't the short story about Rose and Dimitri be either sold separately or given for free? It's very common for renowned authors to write short stories and present them to their readers as a sort of thank you. But unfortunately there are those who are too greedy and they want to milk it till no end. One more point against Richelle and the team behind her.
Marga
THAT'S IT?

I WANT MORE!!!

Cristina•●♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥●•
- Fate by SIMONE ELKELES [Perfect Chemistry series] - 4 stars

-Homecoming by RICHELLE MEAD [The Vampire Academy series] - 4 stars
Jenni
CAN'T WAIT!

There is a total of 14 stories with the theme, prophecy and prediction. I'm going to write a short review to each of these stories and give it a rating. The final rating will be the weighted rating of all these stories.

1. Gentleman Send Phantoms by Laini Taylor
It's about three girls who are waiting for the phantom of the man that they are going to marry on St. Faith's Day. St. Faith's Day is a special day where a girl can lure forth the phantom of the man she'll marry, see this man's
Booknut
Jul 30, 2012 Booknut rated it it was amazing
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 &l ...more
Kerrie
Apr 30, 2012 Kerrie rated it it was amazing
I don't care what anyone says, Rose and Dimitri are the BEST YA couple EVER! This short story has me craving for more Romitri. Reading about them, secure in their relationship was just amazing. Made me so happy. Thank you Richelle for creating such beautiful characters, and please continue to give us more of their story.
Büşra Bal
Aug 30, 2012 Büşra Bal rated it really liked it
Hihihi sonunda buldum :D Richelle'in hikayesini en sona koymuşlar,assolistler en son çıkar hesabı :D Gel dimka annene bebeğim,gel :D

Dimka ve Rose Rusya'ya Dimitri'nin ailesini ziyarete gidiyorlar. Evde herkes mutlu ve şaşkın. Kız kardeşler,anne ve tabi süperbabane :D Bu arada Dimitri Rose'la evlenmek istiyor ama Rose 20 li yaşlarına gelmeden bu çok uzak bir ihtimal onun için. Neyse çevredeki herkes Dimitri'nin durumunu merak ediyor.Hala strigoi mi? Düzeldi mi ? vs. Herşeyin yolunda olduğunu göst
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
We are first introduced to Dimitri's family in Blood Promise(which is my favorite book in the series where Rose is concerned), when Rose visits them in the hopes of finding clues on Dimitri's whereabouts after he was turned. In that book we get a glimpse of how "blood-whore" communities work, which is nothing like one would expect by all of Rose's prejudice.

In this short story Dimitri and Rose go to Siberia for a visit about two weeks after the events of Last Sacrifice. Dimitri still tries to fi
Leigh
Mar 14, 2012 Leigh marked it as to-read
YES!!!!!! WE'RE GETTING MORE OF ROSE AND DIMITRI!!!!! WOOOOOOT!!!
Oksana
Since I'm a fan of Rose and Dimitri, both as separate characters and as a couple, I was very excited about 'Homecoming'. It's a very short novella, and it takes place after all the events that happened in the sixth installment of 'Vampire Academy' series 'Last Sacrifice'.

Rose and Dimitri go to his hometown Baia in Siberia, to inform and prove to Dimitri's family that he's no longer a strigoi. Naturally, all the relatives are happy about the news, and the celebration is in order. But, of course,

Klara Louise (klarareads)
Aug 08, 2013 Klara Louise (klarareads) rated it it was amazing
Rose Hathaway and Dimitri Belikov, where do I begin. They touched my heart in a unique way through the Vampire Academy series, but I never felt that when Last Sacrifice finished it was right, I could still feel all of the lose ends. So when I found 'Homecoming' those lose ends were tied up and I finally felt like I could sleep easy about Rose and Dimitri and know that everything they went through to be together was finally at a close and that they could be together and have no one tear them apar ...more
Ain020596
May 24, 2012 Ain020596 marked it as to-read
description

ROSE AND DIMITRI'S STORY??

description

GIVE IT TO ME!!!!
Zemira (Kylo Ren fangirl) Warner
The interaction between Dimka's grandmother and Rose was just priceless. xD
Mizuki
Some of the stories are okay, a few of them are outstanding but as a whole this story collection book is on the disappointing side, here's my comment on each story:

Laini Taylor's r's Gentlemen Send Phantoms feels very average, the writing is nice and the story is descent and interesting, but it's nothing too outstanding. 3.5 stars.

One True Love by Malinda Lo is great, and you can always count on Malinda Lo to give you worthy LGTB YA stories. 5 stars.^_^

Misery is pretty much okay-ish. But nothing
  • The Meeting (Vampire Academy, #1.1)
  • Kisses from Hell
  • Shadow Kissed: Dimitri's POV (Vampire Academy, #3.1)
  • Eternal Lover (Hell on Earth, #2.5; Georgina Kincaid, #2.5)
  • Enthralled: Paranormal Diversions
  • Defy the Dark
  • Loved by the Alpha (The Shadow Pack Rules, #5)
  • Dreams and Desires
  • Under My Hat: Tales from the Cauldron
  • Willful Impropriety: 13 Tales of Society, Scandal  and Romance
  • Two and Twenty Dark Tales: Dark Retellings of Mother Goose Rhymes
  • Coercion: Part 3
  • Teeth: Vampire Tales
  • Resisting The Alpha (The Crane Curse, #2)
  • Magic in the Mirrorstone: Tales of Fantasy
  • Eternal: More Love Stories with Bite
  • Human Date (The Syrena Legacy #2.6)
  • A Killer First Date  (Drake Chronicles #3.5)
Carrie Ryan is the New York Times bestselling author of the critically acclaimed Forest of Hands and Teeth series and Infinity Ring: Divide and Conquer. Currently she’s working on a four book middle grade fantasy adventure series co-written with her husband, John Parke Davis, the first book of which, The Map to Everywhere, will be out November 4, 2014. Her next YA is a romantic thriller titled Dau ...more
More about Carrie Ryan...

“You’ve given some pretty convincing arguments, but you’re still a long way from winning me over.”

“I haven’t even really tried,” he said, in a rare moment of arrogance. “When I want to, I can be very persuasive.”

“Yeah? Prove it.”

His lips moved toward mine. “I was hoping you’d say that.”
46 likes
“A different word usually came to my mind when I thought of Yeva, though it did sound a lot like “witch.” 20 likes