Start by marking “Lemonade Mouth Puckers Up” as Want to Read:
Lemonade Mouth Puckers Up

Lemonade Mouth Puckers Up (Lemonade Mouth #2)

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  178 ratings  ·  28 reviews
Olivia, Wen, Stella, Charlie, and Mo—the members of the legendary band Lemonade Mouth—have been labeled many things. But just how did this little group of misunderstood outcasts end up rocketing from high school nobodies to household names?

In their own words, the band tells the story of the momentous summer when an overworked music promoter, an unwanted visitor from India,
Published November 13th 2012 by Delacorte Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Lemonade Mouth Puckers Up, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lemonade Mouth Puckers Up

Emily
I don't think I've ever felt this way about a book before, to be quite honest: it annoyed me to have to read it. This book literally and completely annoyed me. The only reason I stuck out to the end was because I thought something big was going to happen, even though that was pretty much opposite of what the book was about. When I got to the end, I was sort of happy with it, and sort of pissed that I read this book.

I really think it would have been perfectly fine as just one book. There really
Nancy H
This is an excellent YA novel that will speak to many teens, especially those interested in music. There are many more levels to the story, though, and many teens will be attracted to this story of a teen band whose existence seems to be on a roller coaster ride, sometimes soaring with the stars, and sometimes all the way at the bottom. A very good, hip, current teen read.
Mehreen
Ok so I watched the movie a while ago, never even knowing there were books. And this is really embarassing, but I liked the movie more. Probably because they made it into a Disney movie with a happy ending for everyone. (The movie reference in the book was the funniest part).
Anna (Yoda Is My Spirit Animal)
Naomi
I did enjoy it, but it could've been better.
My complaint is, suddenly these books are trying to spread some huge message. It's always been about the revolution, but it went from sticking up for underdogs to everyones perfect the way they are.
That is a good message, but it seems a bit overdone and sappy. I know they're about equality but, this just seemed a little forced. As if Disney was behind the second novel.
Though I did like it. Olivia's story with her mother was gripping, and probably my
Bryan Rosales
Excellent way to end a simple but good story, I liked this book more than the first. The story felt like it was going the same way as others and they would get everything they wanted in the so called "usual" way however by the end you realize that after many problems they encounter they find success but in their own way which goes completely with the message this book gives. This totally goes with the phrase used in the book "this isn't a Disney movie", even though this book series turned into a ...more
hpboy13
Lemonade Mouth Puckers Up is the epitome of a Hollywood sequel in book form. After an original that is filled with heart and wraps the story up perfectly, the sequel has to do everything bigger and better, and throw everything but the kitchen sink in to disguise the fact that the story has nowhere to go.

I was filled with trepidation upon starting this book, because Lemonade Mouth had one of the most perfect and complete endings I’ve read. But I loved that book, so how could I not read this one?
Ms. Yingling
This sequel to Lemonade Mouth (book, 2007; movie, 2011) finds the quirky band still doing local gigs and enjoying themselves. Told from multiple view points, we reconnect with Olivia, Wen, Stella, Charlie and Mo as they plan on a rather boring summer, only to have their lives become very complicated when legendary agent Earl Decker wants to sign them. He has a vision for the band, and they are happy enough to be made over with funky new clothes, and thrilled to be given more exposure, even thoug ...more
Melissa
Whatever happened to the five teens of Lemonade Mouth? The sequel to “Lemonade Mouth,” which is most recognized as the popular Disney movie, reintroduces us to Olivia, Mo, Charlie, Stella and Wen during the summer before their sophomore year. Told in alternating voices by all five band members, plus family and friends, Lemonade Mouth is offered a fantastic opportunity to contract with the legendary music promoter, Earl Decker. From the beginning of the book, however, we learn that there is a bum ...more
Mikela
Some authors make sequels that don't really measure up to the first book. Lemonade Mouth Puckers Up was NOT one of those books.

The book was really moving, as well as the first book, and I actually felt like I was a fan in the crowd of a Lemonade Mouth concert. Reading this book brought back the feelings of wanting Lemonade Mouth to be an actual band. I like the foreshadow in the story, and Hughes lets the reader know that Lemonade Mouth will be a huge success in the future, but he doesn't reveal
Myndi
A sequel to Lemonade Mouth. As I sat reading, I couldn't help but wish that they'd done a movie sequel as well. This was a very good sequel! What happens when a group of kids DON'T get what they'd always dreamed of, but things are ok anyhow. This tells that story. The writing style is unique to most books I've read...each chapter has view points from several different characters and each of them write differently. In this book, Charlie writes as if writing a screenplay. It was hard to get into h ...more
Bayan Basri
I finally read this! I've been waiting so long for this.

First of all, I loooooved the writing style. It was so simple and it just flows. The author did a very good job in portraying how each point of view was unique and independent. Plus, adding the voice of characters other than the band members was absolutely genius!

The plot was not too complicated but it certainly had its ups and downs, some of them predictable and others....not so much. I cant help but say this but this is so much more reali
Krayton Williams
I really love Mark's writing style. It's just so fun to read. Especially all of the different fonts. I just wanted it to be longer.

"Charlie, this isn't a Disney Movie."

I DIED. SO FUNNY.

Joyce
I loved reading this book and having more Lemonade Mouth!!
This tells of all the ups and downs of the summer after Lemonade Mouth came together. They deal with being actually famous, and not liking the price to pay for it. And there's more revolution.
The characters were great as always, and all different. Charlie's especially changed from his sloppy typing to a play script. That was cool. I also liked Rajeev, and Chet Anders.
Olivia got into contact with her mom, which was huge, and also ended u
Diane
Surprised by how much I liked this story. Will be interested in student feedback.
Paula Gilarde
Not my favorite
Anne
Sequel to Lemonade Mouth. The band is following up from their experiences in the first book to relate in alternating voices what happened afterwards to skyrocket them to success. I had a bit of difficulty keeping the characters straight at the beginning – but this may be because I did not read the first book. However, once I got into it, it was easy enough to tell them apart and I was intrigued by their experiences.
Yumi15kl
I don't think this was as good as the original. That being said, I still found it very entertaining and I do think it is worth reading if you enjoyed the first book. This book still quirky, funny, and charming. I mean, what fun would it be if we gave up on the revolution?

And just for the point of saying it, as said by Olivia, "Charlie, this isn't a Disney movie"
Katie Feagley
loved lemonade mouth and this one both books are great books if you love music.
Beth
Just as good if not better than the first one, so full of intensity, music (yes, even printed) and friendship, yet quirky and hyperreal too. I got this (and the first) from the library, but I might end up buying them...
Matthew
Really goood sequel to the first book, I love the writing style in the books. How Olivia uses letters and Charlie flashbacks. I want a 3rd book now! Definitely reccommended!
Mary Joyce
Apr 15, 2013 Mary Joyce marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Lemonade Mouth Puckers Up by Mark Peter Hughes
Lemonade Mouth Puckers Up
by Mark Peter Hughes
Jessica
It was good, I was confused at first not really following the story line, but then I figured it out
Tiffany Newman
it was ok for me not my type i really don't understand the book really much
Ollie
I read it if only for the nostalgia.
Cute and quick read.
gwenyth fisk
Yet another inspiring Lemonade Mouth.
Kari Carbajal
Just as great as the first one!
Rose
Not as good as the first one.
  • Once Again (Sky Cove, #1)
  • Sealed With a Kiss (Yours Truly, Lucy B. Parker #2)
  • A McCree Christmas (Chasing McCree, #1.2)
  • Six Kinds of Sky: A Collection of Short Fiction
  •  How to Rock Break-Ups and Make-Ups
  • Beautiful Beast (Enchanted Fairytales, #1)
  • Seeing Green (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective, #41; Eco Mystery Trilogy, #3)
  • Storm and Stone (Struck, #1)
  • Turning Amber
  • Facing Facts (Darkest Powers #3.6)
  • Foretold (Daughters Of Saraqael, #3)
  • Valkyrie Symptoms (Valkyrie, #0.5)
  • Water Tales: Aquamarine and Indigo
  • Delilah Dusticle's Transylvanian Adventure (Delilah Dusticle, #2)
  • Moribito II: Guardian of the Darkness (Moribito, #2)
  • Frenemies (Frenemies, #1)
  • Streetlights Like Fireworks
Mark Peter Hughes was born in Liverpool, England in the Oxford Street Maternity Hospital, the same hospital as John Lennon. His family moved to the U.S.A. when he was one and most of his childhood was spent in Barrington, Rhode Island.

Mark’s first novel, I Am the Wallpaper, is the the story of a girl who feels unnoticed and ends up being an unwitting online sensation. Soon after its publication h
More about Mark Peter Hughes...
Lemonade Mouth I Am the Wallpaper A Crack in the Sky Lemonade Mouth: Adapted Movie Tie-In Edition

“In life things often go wrong, and the future rarely happens the way you think it will.” 0 likes