Start by marking “The Moogees Move House” as Want to Read:
The Moogees Move House

The Moogees Move House

3.23 of 5 stars 3.23  ·  rating details  ·  31 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Leslie McGuirk spins the story of a very particular family in search of a home, with lively verse and quirky illustrations.

The Moogees want very much to find a new home. Mama Moogee says, "We need a new place that is on the ground. It would be nice if it were round." Papa Moogee adds, "I’d love to find a home with class, a nice wide yard, and plenty of grass." But the thre
Published November 13th 2012 by Candlewick

To ask other readers questions about The Moogees Move House, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Moogees Move House

Tam
We moved a few weeks ago and my 8-year-old enjoyed this rhyming book about a family looking for a new house because their current house has too many stairs. Mama Moogee wants a round house on the ground. Papa wants a home with class, a nice yard, and grass.

They meet with a real estate agent. He shows them three houses. Each time the parents find something wrong and the three little Moogees scream, "Waa waa moogee doogee wee wee low lum!" He didn't think they'd like the last house but it was per
Treasure
Strange looking, cartoonish creatures called Moogees are hunting for a new house. Mom and Dad Moogee have issues with each of the houses they are shown, but the three baby Moogees only say "waa waa moogee doogee wee wee low lum!". Finally, Mom and Dad find the right house and the realtor realizes that the babies have been saying all along that they are happy anywhere, as long as they are with their loved ones.The story is cute, but the point of the story (being happy anywhere...) is told, never ...more
Lara
Omg, this book totally cracked me up--I couldn't stop smiling. I think it's the absurdist humor of it--the ridiculousness of the moogees and what they are looking for in a house, and especially what the real estate agent is trying to sell them on. I don't know, there's just something about it that had me in giggles the whole time. Definitely recommended if you're in the mood for something silly!

P.S. Read this to my preschool group and they thought it was hilarious too!
IrenesBookReviews
This is a great book about finding just the right house for a family. I gave this book 5/5 stars for multiple reasons. The illustrations are perfect with bright colors and fun characters. The text of the story is funny and easy to follow. I think this book would be great for any family about to move or even one that has recently moved.
Amalia Ricksecker
PB 47: This was a cute book! My friend who moved a lot as a kid read it to us and she enjoyed it a lot as well. I liked that there was a saying that was repeated a lot which by the end even we (full grown adults) were saying it aloud with her :)
Kelsey
Age: Preschool-Kindergarten
Familiar experience: moving

A quirky book with forced rhymes. At least kids will have fun with the baby moogees' nonsense chant.
Paula
A Moogie family decides it is time to move to a new house, but nothing the real estate agent shows them seems to be quite right.
Daryl Murphy
PB24 - Interesting book with a warm ending that puts family first.
Rachel
An odd little book, but kids will enjoy it.
R.
R. added it
Nov 28, 2014
Angelo
Angelo added it
Jul 05, 2013
Jeanine Cortes
Jeanine Cortes marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2013
Genevieve
Genevieve marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2013
Leslie McGuirk is the author-illustrator of several books about Tucker the dog, including LUCKY TUCKER, TUCKER'S SPOOKY HALLOWEEN, and HO, HO, HO, TUCKER! She also co-authored and illustrated WIGGENS LEARNS HIS MANNERS AT THE FOUR SEASONS RESTAURANT. She lives in Vero Beach, Florida.
More about Leslie McGuirk...
If Rocks Could Sing: A Discovered Alphabet Lucky Tucker Gobble, Gobble, Tucker! Ho, Ho, Ho, Tucker! Tucker's Valentine