Angels at the Table: A Shirley, Goodness, and Mercy Christmas Story

Angels at the Table: A Shirley, Goodness, and Mercy Christmas Story (Angels Everywhere #7)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  2,449 ratings  ·  490 reviews
NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER

In this joyous and whimsical holiday novel, Debbie Macomber rings in the season with the return of Shirley, Goodness, and Mercy, deliveringlaughs, love, and a charming dose of angelic intervention.

Published October 23rd 2012 by Ballantine Books (first published January 1st 2012)

Rebecca Jo
I love Debbie Macomber... & love her Christmas series... especially when it involves those little mischevious angels, Shirley, Mercy & Goodness. And this time, they have a new angel trying to learn the ropes, Will.

Will learns right away how, as hard as they try, these 3 angels are getting themselves in trouble...

Will has in hand in letting two people, Lucie & Aren, meet... on New Years Eve... & they connect instantly. The bad thing? They're not supposed to meet until later down...more
Janet
Sometimes I get a strong urge to watch a sweet romance comedy while eating ice cream. There's something so satisfying about a formulaic love story, complete with the happy ending, that makes me feel warm and snugly. Never have I ever encountered a book that made me feel that way. Thanks to my friends and Avid employees Will and Tyler, I now own a book that made me feel warm and fuzzy in the same way my rom-coms do. As a small business owner who's very driven, the lead character's successful but...more
April Wood
Shirley, Goodness, and Mercy are at it again, and this time they have an apprentice angel under their wings, Will to help lend a heavenly hand to the humans down below. On New Years Eve, they meddle in the affairs of Lucie and Aren, a couple who seemingly are meant to be. Unfortunately, the Angels' plans for the pair hit a bump in the road.

A year later, Lucie and Aren haven't forgotten about each other, and neither have the Angels. They devise a plan to reunite the pair, and give them their happ...more
Tonya
Shirley, Goodness and Mercy are back for another eventful season! And they have a new member of the clan, an apprentice, Will. From Psalm 23:6, " Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever." So there you have it! A new angel in training.

All of our angels mean the best in their actions, but sometimes they don't understand that God gave us humans free will. In addition we are stubborn. So on New Year's Eve when our 3 angels...more
Megan Readinginthesunshine
The first thing that drew me to this particular book was the title. I’m a huge believer in Angels, I love everything about them and it is not often that I read a story with angels in. I’d LOVE to read more fiction that features Angels, and after reading this one, I’m now on the look out for more!! I must also say that the cover of this book is GORGEOUS. It is very warm and invites you in before you have even opened the first page!

Mercy, Goodness and Shirley are Angels. They are Prayer Ambassador...more
Ashlee Ford
This was a really cute read. But it wasn't the best book I've ever read, just a fluff one.

This is also my first Debbie Macomber book. So because I haven't picked up a Shirley, Goodness, and Mercy book before- that could be why I didn't care for it as much. In all honesty, the angels irritated me at some points in the book. When they were talking about how they wanted to shake humans and how dumb we were, etc. It was a little offensive. Also the way they talked and acted so clueless about certain...more
Stormi (Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my!)
I meant to review this before Christmas and I forgot so I will do it now. I have only read a few of Debbie Macomber's books. One of them was with the Mrs. Miracle character, but I haven't read any of the angel trio.

If you are looking for a quick whimsical read then you will enjoy Angels at the Table. Shirley, Goodness and Mercy are always getting themselves into trouble. Now they have an apprentice angel, Will. They should have never taken him to earth to look around, but they can't help wanting...more
Joyce
Love Debbie.
In this joyous and whimsical holiday novel, Debbie Macomber rings in the season with the return of Shirley, Goodness, and Mercy, delivering laughs, love, and a charming dose of angelic intervention.

Shirley, Goodness, and Mercy know that an angel’s work is never done, especially during a time as wondrous as New Year’s Eve. With an apprentice angel, Will, under their wings, they descend upon Times Square in New York City eager to join in the festivities. And when Will spies two lonely...more
Mary
Always a good read!! Snuggle up under the covers and get ready to not put this book down!! Debbie MaComber has done it again (and so have her angels!! LOL). You have to read the note that Debbie writes in the book BEFORE you start reading the story to see how she gets the idea for the "apprentence angel." Very creative I must say.

Shirley, Goodness and Mercy are at it again at the very start of the story. They are showing Will what Earth looks like, without Gabriel knowing about it, and how fasci...more
Nanie Dias
Anjos à Mesa, de Debbie Macomber
Novo Conceito - 219 páginas
Uma história de amor no Natal que, infelizmente, não conseguiu me conquistar.

Título: Anjos à Mesa
Ano Original de Lançamento: 2012
Nº de Páginas: 219
Série: Angels Everywhere - Vol. 7

Ruim.

Não sei se eu que estou com pouco espírito natalino ou o excesso de trabalho me deixou meio amarga, ma...more
Maureen Timerman
What a delightful read. When I read why Debbie added Will...the Prayer Ambassador, I was hooked. Psalm 23:6, " Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever."
Of course anytime Shirley, Goodness, and Mercy get together, and add in the trainee Will, mayhem will happen. You will be giggling with each little oops that happens.
A very uplifting, feel good, and delightful read. You don't want this one to end. Can you picture a cam...more
Ronna
This is the latest, and best installment, in the Debbie Macomber 'angles' series. It seems like an updated, Christian fun redo of the movie, An Affair To Remember.

The angles--Shirley, Goodness, Mercy, and the newest addition, Will are 'prayer ambassadors' from heaven who push the boundaries of their assignments. This time they cause two lonely people to meet in Times Square on New Years Eve. They have an instant attraction, but problems arise and the angels 'help' causes problems for the new co...more
Kathryn
Am I growing out of Debbie Macomber books like I did Danielle Steel so many years ago? This Christmas story was way too predictable and sweet. I've always enjoyed Debbie Macomber as she lives in the same state as I do and her books take place in this great state of Washington. This was just not enough depth for me...
Pauline
This book had all the right ingredients; Christmas romance, angels bringing people together, even meeting on top of the Empire State Building. Unfortunately the mix was just not right. The angels were completely annoying. The chef and the food critic went pear shaped and the whole thing was a bit too under cooked.
However as it is the season of good will to all men; I'll give it three stars instead of two.
Just - The romance reader
A sweet holiday story. The angels and their young apprentice were so funny and full of spirit and the human characters were pretty great too. This story moved st a faster pace (but not too fast) compared to how I feel about most Dennie Macomber stories I have read. It's a bit early but this definitely helped spark my Christmas spirit.
Darlene ysaguirre
I Loved this book finished it in two days and thats saying something because im a mother of 3 small children.In the wake of the sandy hook tragedy it was good to get away for a bit in such a great holiday story and believe that angels do exist and come to guide us through the hard stuff every so often
Kathy Warren
Wow! Stayed up all night reading this novel. I love Shirley, Goodness, and Mercy along with new Angel Will. This romance is truly a touch of heavenly magic.
Heather
The angels didn't interest me at all, I actually had to skip some of the beginning to get into it and even then it seemed watered down and predictable.
Judy
Debbie Macomber books are fast reads. They are simple and sappy and sweet. They will never win a literary prize but I love them all.
Tammy Lyons
I "read" this as an audio book, which I often do while I'm doing other things. This was my first book by Macomber. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't really great. I have a hard time believing that angels are as clueless about humans as they are made out to be, or that they screw up as much as these ones do. The book makes angels look like a bunch of Chesters and Heaven as wholly dependent and out of control as they are.

The storyline was pretty good, and I liked most of the characters. The romance wa...more
Ingrid Fasquelle
Avec Les anges s'en mêlent, Debbie Macomber s'en donne à cœur joie. Sa comédie romantique s'inscrit dans la plus pure tradition américaine des romances de Noël ! On s'étonnera même de la voir figurer en seconde position des ventes du New York Times !

L'histoire est fraîche, légère et même si on sent venir le happy end dès les premières pages, on ne tiendra absolument pas rigueur à l'auteure de ne pas avoir fait preuve d'un peu plus de finesse et de subtilité.

Ce court roman de Noël, bien que prévi...more
Danielle Swartz
I picked up this audio book from the library for a light and sweet holiday read with little expectation other than to read something nice around Christmas. I had never read Debbie Macomber before and was happy to finally read a book from this popular author. What I got was exactly what I expected: a sweet and sentimental read to enjoy during the holiday season.

Angels at the Table is a holiday novel from Macomber's Shirley, Mercy and Goodness series of novels about three angels who seem to alway...more
Lynne
Sep 06, 2012 Lynne marked it as to-read
I can't wait. The previous books are awesome!
Andréia Renata
Anjos À Mesa é o primeiro livro que eu leio da aclamada romancista Debbie Macomber. O livro é narrado em terceira pessoa, o que eu gostei bastante já que possibilita entendermos o ponto de vista e o que está acontecendo com vários personagens durante a narrativa.

O livro narra às travessuras dos anjos que são Embaixadores da Oração: Shirley, Goodness, Mercy e de seu aprendiz, o anjo Will, eles recebem ordens de fazer cumprir a vontade de Deus, que é realizar o pedido de determinadas orações.

'' -...more
Dawn Schlauderaff
LOVE anything by Debbie Macomber !!
Sue
Glad to see the angels are back!
Vicki
Debbie Macomber is a prolific writer with a gift for telling one heart-warming story after another, and her skill is rewarded with a huge and loyal fan base. Angels at the Table features recurring characters, Shirley, Goodness and Mercy, angels who take on yet another assignment to answer prayers sent from Earth. The angels are a little more scatter-brained than one might have expected, but their hearts are obviously in the right place.

In this sweet romance, they find themselves assigned to trai...more
Richard
This is another of Ms. Macomber's light-hearted books that she is known for writing about the Holiday Season. This time the three angels Shirley, Goodnes and Mercy have a traineee angel in tow to show him how not to do the work of angels. Will gets carried away and also gets involved in the lives of two young people -- which he has been told not to do. However, the other three angels seem to also get involved in seemingly harmless ways to try to bring the young couple together.

After meeting on...more
Stephanie (Stepping out of the Page)
This is the second Christmas themed book I've read by Debbie Macomber, again featuring the Shirley, Goodness and Mercy, three Christmas angels who are also prayer ambassadors, aiming to help those on earth who take the moment to make a prayer, or need a miracle. This time, the angels have a young apprentice angel to guide...

Once again, this is a book that is typical of Macomber. It's typical comfort reading material - the type of book that you could snuggle up with and read contentedly all night...more
Debbie
The responsibility of training a new Prayer Ambassador was left to Shirley, Goodness and Mercy, so they knew they had to do their best to follow all the rules, to the best of their abilities. The lure of New Years Eve celebrations was just too much, they had to return to Earth to be a part of and see the fun of it all. Showing Will the festivities of the season should not be too hard to follow the rules. In an attempt to get through a breakup, Aren Fairchild moved, took a new job and started a n...more
  • A Winter Dream
  • The Bridge
  • The Christmas Secret (Christmas Hope, #5)
  • The Snow Globe
  • Making Spirits Bright
  • Last Chance Christmas (Last Chance, #4)
  • The Christmas Shoppe
  • The Christmas Clock
  • A Plain & Fancy Christmas
  • An O'Brien Family Christmas (Chesapeake Shores, #8)
  • Finding Father Christmas (Father Christmas, #1)
  • The Sins of the Mother
  • Christmas in Snowflake Canyon (Hope's Crossing, #6)
  • The Christmas Singing: A Romance from the Heart of Amish Country
  • Home in Time for Christmas
  • Christmas with Tucker
  • Candlelight Christmas
  • Christmas Jars Reunion

Macomber is the author of more than 100 novels, most recently the instant #...more
More about Debbie Macomber...
The Shop on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #1 ) A Good Yarn (Blossom Street, #2) 16 Lighthouse Road 204 Rosewood Lane (Cedar Cove, #2) Twenty Wishes (Blossom Street, #5)