Start by marking “Angels at the Table (Angels Everywhere, #7)” as Want to Read:
Angels at the Table (Angels Everywhere, #7)

Angels at the Table (Angels Everywhere #7)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  3,292 ratings  ·  565 reviews
Has two page preface by author telling us how the new apprentice angel came into her writing.

NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER

In this joyous and whimsical holiday novel, Debbie Macomber rings in the season with the return of Shirley, Goodness, and Mercy, deliveringlaughs, love, and a charming dose of angelic intervention.

Shirley, Goodness, and Mercy know that an angel’s work is
Published October 23rd 2012 by Ballantine Books (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Angels at the Table, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Angels at the Table

Rebecca Jo
I love Debbie Macomber... & love her Christmas series... especially when it involves those little mischevious angels, Shirley, Mercy & Goodness. And this time, they have a new angel trying to learn the ropes, Will.

Will learns right away how, as hard as they try, these 3 angels are getting themselves in trouble...

Will has in hand in letting two people, Lucie & Aren, meet... on New Years Eve... & they connect instantly. The bad thing? They're not supposed to meet until later down
Janet
Sometimes I get a strong urge to watch a sweet romance comedy while eating ice cream. There's something so satisfying about a formulaic love story, complete with the happy ending, that makes me feel warm and snugly. Never have I ever encountered a book that made me feel that way. Thanks to my friends and Avid employees Will and Tyler, I now own a book that made me feel warm and fuzzy in the same way my rom-coms do. As a small business owner who's very driven, the lead character's successful but ...more
Jonel Boyko (Pure Jonel)
This novel in Macomber’s Angels Everywhere series is comical, as always. They say that God works in mysterious ways. Macomber’s story here definitely embodies that. At the same time, she in no way pushes her readers towards religion. Macomber makes the setting easy to picture and the story easy to immerse yourself in. This well written & presented novel combines all the best of the Christmas season in a package that can easily be enjoyed year round.

I absolutely love these angels. Even thoug
Loraine
SUMMARY: In this joyous and whimsical holiday novel, Debbie Macomber rings in the season with the return of Shirley, Goodness, and Mercy, delivering laughs, love, and a charming dose of angelic intervention.

Shirley, Goodness, and Mercy know that an angel’s work is never done, especially during a time as wondrous as New Year’s Eve. With an apprentice angel, Will, under their wings, they descend upon Times Square in New York City eager to join in the festivities. And when Will spies two lonely str
A Well Read Woman (April)
Shirley, Goodness, and Mercy are at it again, and this time they have an apprentice angel under their wings, Will to help lend a heavenly hand to the humans down below. On New Years Eve, they meddle in the affairs of Lucie and Aren, a couple who seemingly are meant to be. Unfortunately, the Angels' plans for the pair hit a bump in the road.

A year later, Lucie and Aren haven't forgotten about each other, and neither have the Angels. They devise a plan to reunite the pair, and give them their happ
Tonya
Shirley, Goodness and Mercy are back for another eventful season! And they have a new member of the clan, an apprentice, Will. From Psalm 23:6, " Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever." So there you have it! A new angel in training.

All of our angels mean the best in their actions, but sometimes they don't understand that God gave us humans free will. In addition we are stubborn. So on New Year's Eve when our 3 angels
Megan Readinginthesunshine
The first thing that drew me to this particular book was the title. I’m a huge believer in Angels, I love everything about them and it is not often that I read a story with angels in. I’d LOVE to read more fiction that features Angels, and after reading this one, I’m now on the look out for more!! I must also say that the cover of this book is GORGEOUS. It is very warm and invites you in before you have even opened the first page!

Mercy, Goodness and Shirley are Angels. They are Prayer Ambassador
Caroline Gurgel
É só começar Dezembro que já começo a procurar livros cujas histórias se passem no Natal. Adoro essa época do ano e, assim que Anjos à Mesa foi parar na minha lista, descobri que a autora é famosa nos comentários que recebi.

Depois da decepção do último livro “natalino” que li, O Presente (Cecelia Ahern), comecei esse sem grandes expectativas. Anjos à mesa é como um filme leve de sessão da tarde: às vezes é tudo que queremos, outras vezes, não conseguimos ver graça naquilo. Eu estava no dia de qu
Ashlee Telschow
This was a really cute read. But it wasn't the best book I've ever read, just a fluff one.

This is also my first Debbie Macomber book. So because I haven't picked up a Shirley, Goodness, and Mercy book before- that could be why I didn't care for it as much. In all honesty, the angels irritated me at some points in the book. When they were talking about how they wanted to shake humans and how dumb we were, etc. It was a little offensive. Also the way they talked and acted so clueless about certain
Stormi (Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my!)
I meant to review this before Christmas and I forgot so I will do it now. I have only read a few of Debbie Macomber's books. One of them was with the Mrs. Miracle character, but I haven't read any of the angel trio.

If you are looking for a quick whimsical read then you will enjoy Angels at the Table. Shirley, Goodness and Mercy are always getting themselves into trouble. Now they have an apprentice angel, Will. They should have never taken him to earth to look around, but they can't help wanting
Joyce
Love Debbie.

Mary
Always a good read!! Snuggle up under the covers and get ready to not put this book down!! Debbie MaComber has done it again (and so have her angels!! LOL). You have to read the note that Debbie writes in the book BEFORE you start reading the story to see how she gets the idea for the "apprentence angel." Very creative I must say.

Shirley, Goodness and Mercy are at it again at the very start of the story. They are showing Will what Earth looks like, without Gabriel knowing about it, and how fasci
Nanie Dias
Anjos à Mesa, de Debbie Macomber
Novo Conceito - 219 páginas
Uma história de amor no Natal que, infelizmente, não conseguiu me conquistar.

Título: Anjos à Mesa
Ano Original de Lançamento: 2012
Nº de Páginas: 219
Série: Angels Everywhere - Vol. 7

Ruim.

Não sei se eu que estou com pouco espírito natalino ou o excesso de trabalho me deixou meio amarga, ma
David Caldwell
Shirley, Goodness, and Mercy are Prayer Ambassadors (what we would call Angels). They have a new apprentice named Will. While showing Will New Year's Eve in Times Square, they accidentally cause two mortals to meet before they were scheduled . While Lucie Farrara and Aren Fairchild hit it off, another twist of fates pulls them back apart. Now it is a year later, and the Angels have a plan to bring the two back together.

While this is a typical romance in a lot of ways, there is one main point tha
Maureen Timerman
What a delightful read. When I read why Debbie added Will...the Prayer Ambassador, I was hooked. Psalm 23:6, " Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever."
Of course anytime Shirley, Goodness, and Mercy get together, and add in the trainee Will, mayhem will happen. You will be giggling with each little oops that happens.
A very uplifting, feel good, and delightful read. You don't want this one to end. Can you picture a cam
Ronna
This is the latest, and best installment, in the Debbie Macomber 'angles' series. It seems like an updated, Christian fun redo of the movie, An Affair To Remember.

The angles--Shirley, Goodness, Mercy, and the newest addition, Will are 'prayer ambassadors' from heaven who push the boundaries of their assignments. This time they cause two lonely people to meet in Times Square on New Years Eve. They have an instant attraction, but problems arise and the angels 'help' causes problems for the new co
Kathryn
Am I growing out of Debbie Macomber books like I did Danielle Steel so many years ago? This Christmas story was way too predictable and sweet. I've always enjoyed Debbie Macomber as she lives in the same state as I do and her books take place in this great state of Washington. This was just not enough depth for me...
Sugarplumfairy
We usually listen to audiobooks whenever we go on long drives, and each of us has different tastes, so whenever a book is chosen it's either a romance for my mom or a thriller for my dad. This one was a typical romance set in New York around Christmas, beginning on New Year's Eve when angels (who aren't supposed to intervene on earth but do so all the time and upset Gabriel, yes, Gabriel) accidentally make two strangers bump into each-other and love at first sight ensues.
The "angels" acted much
Amanda
ANGELS AT THE TABLE BY DEBBIE MACOMBER
THE BLURB
Sometimes love needs a helping hand

Lucia Farrara and Aren Fairchild meet after bumping into each other - seemingly by accident - in Times Square on New Year's Eve. They immediately hit it off and find they have a lot in common: Lucie is a chef and Aren is a respected food critic. But just as quickly as they're brought together, another twist of fate tears them apart.

It's going to take a miracle to bring these two together again. But everyone knows
Nicholaseliasinyahoo.com
A Christmas Tell
Book By; Debbie Macomber
Rate: Five Stars

The book/Audiobook “(Angels at the Table),” By:Debbie Macomber was a very interesting book. It was a short and sweet romance novel about love that brought two people together. The book was about how four angels named Shirley, Goodness, Mercy and a new angel they were training named, Will, who slipped out of heaven every year to help humans find love and help those in need around the New Years and always end up getting in trouble by the ange
Cathy
I love these stories about Shirley, Goodness and Mercy. Three prayer ambassadors that always want to come earth and mingle with us humans to help someone in need.

This book introduces an apprentice pray ambassador "Will" a brilliant suggestion from Rose a reader/fan of author Debbie Macomber.

Lucy and Aaron meet in Times Square New York on New Years Eve an accidentally bump into one another....at midnight and kiss.
However the timing is all wrong thanks to a mistake made by Will.

The story has it
Pauline
This book had all the right ingredients; Christmas romance, angels bringing people together, even meeting on top of the Empire State Building. Unfortunately the mix was just not right. The angels were completely annoying. The chef and the food critic went pear shaped and the whole thing was a bit too under cooked.
However as it is the season of good will to all men; I'll give it three stars instead of two.
Just - The romance reader
A sweet holiday story. The angels and their young apprentice were so funny and full of spirit and the human characters were pretty great too. This story moved st a faster pace (but not too fast) compared to how I feel about most Dennie Macomber stories I have read. It's a bit early but this definitely helped spark my Christmas spirit.
Christy
I just love Debbie Macomber - her books are full of laughs and cheer, or at least those I have read. "Angels at the Table" is no exception. Here she has three angels: Shirley, Goodness, and Mercy... and new Angel Will. Will is new, so he doesn't really understand people on earth and their behaviors. So when Lucy Farrara and Aren Fairchild bump into each other - seemingly an "accident," they seem to hit it off immediately. Sadly, as quickly as fate brought these two together, it tears them apart ...more
Darlene ysaguirre
I Loved this book finished it in two days and thats saying something because im a mother of 3 small children.In the wake of the sandy hook tragedy it was good to get away for a bit in such a great holiday story and believe that angels do exist and come to guide us through the hard stuff every so often
Tina P.
I am a new lover of Debbie's books. After watching some of the movie adaptations of her books and absolutely loving the cedar cove series. I came across a few of her books and picked them up. I first bought God's guest list which made me think about the people who have entered my life. I then bought Angles at the table. I remembered almost picking it up 5 or 6 times before, but never did because dealing with angels in a book can be tricky based on the writers beliefs. I love, love loved this boo ...more
Lila
Shirley, Goodness and Mercy are angels who are assigned with the task of guiding and training an apprentice angel named Will. Unfortunately they decide to go to Earth and usher the meeting of Aren and Lucie before God's timing. As a result things escalate in the wrong direction and the four angels must make amends and set things right. I *loved* reading this book.

If you want to read a heartwarming Christmas story about angels helping humans then pick up this book. There are times when I want to
Carol
Another great Shirley, Goodness and Mercy story!!! If you haven't read this series they are charming, funny and poignant at the same time. Shirley, Goodness and Mercy have a new apprentice angel Will (what else) and he makes 2 lonely people meet on New Years Eve. They are immediately attacked but it's the wrong time and they loose touch. God had planned for them to meet in about a year so the angel interference was not good. This sets the angels on a course to correct their mistake and bring the ...more
Kathy Warren
Wow! Stayed up all night reading this novel. I love Shirley, Goodness, and Mercy along with new Angel Will. This romance is truly a touch of heavenly magic.
Heather
The angels didn't interest me at all, I actually had to skip some of the beginning to get into it and even then it seemed watered down and predictable.
  • A Winter Dream
  • The Christmas Clock
  • The Christmas Note
  • A Season of Angels (Cape Light, #13)
  • The Gift of Christmas Present
  • The Snow Globe
  • The Bridge
  • An O'Brien Family Christmas (Chesapeake Shores, #8)
  • A Wreath of Snow: A Victorian Christmas Novella
  • The Christmas Singing: A Romance from the Heart of Amish Country
  • An Amish Christmas
  • Finding Father Christmas (Father Christmas, #1)
  • Christmas with Tucker

Macomber is the author of more than 100 novels, most recently the instant #
More about Debbie Macomber...

Angels Everywhere (7 books)
  • A Season of Angels (Angels Everywhere, #1)
  • The Trouble with Angels (Angels Everywhere #2)
  • Touched by Angels (Angels Everywhere, #3)
  • Shirley, Goodness and Mercy (Angels Everywhere, #4)
  • Those Christmas Angels (Angels Everywhere, #5)
  • Where Angels Go (Angels Everywhere, #6)
The Shop on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #1 ) A Good Yarn (Blossom Street, #2) 204 Rosewood Lane (Cedar Cove, #2) Twenty Wishes (Blossom Street, #5) Back on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #4)