The Little Puppy

The Little Puppy

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  50 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Full-color photos. A boy and his dog enjoy their first six months together.
Published September 28th 2011 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published September 12th 1984)

To ask other readers questions about The Little Puppy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Little Puppy

Eva Leger
Julia found this and The Little Kitten at the library so we took them both home. She thinks it's hilarious that I was only 6 years old when this story was written and the pictures were taken. She's almost 6 so I think that makes it a little more relatable for her - imagining Mommy at 6 years old.
Anyway, I'm not 6 anymore. Not even 16. And not 26. (Don't go too far now.) So it's obvious this is fairly dated right? I mean, the cover alone shows this fact. Poor little Timmy is in the story and pict...more
Chris
All I'm going to say is this: This book has always been my favorite kids book. The puppy is so cute, and when I was a kid, I always wanted one of these dogs, as shown. However, I had to listen to my parents and own whatever dog was available from the local shelter. A dalmatian dog had to take over it's place in the list.
Libby
This was an adorable book about a puppy and all of the mischevious things that he does to himself. The photographs are really cute and the puppy in this book reminds me of my dog Fisher when he was a puppy and all the trouble that he caused.
Wooden Horse
This book brings back fond memories of my younger brother. The pictures were taken in the early 80's and the haircut is exactly what my brother had for many (many) years.
Bree
Notes:
real animals and kids in gorgeous photos
perfect for preschool age 3-4
Brenda
Brenda added it
Sep 10, 2014
Heather
Heather is currently reading it
Sep 02, 2014
Annika
Annika added it
May 23, 2014
Stephen
Stephen marked it as to-read
May 22, 2014
Tiffany Thomas
Tiffany Thomas marked it as to-read
May 09, 2014
Becky
Becky added it
Apr 13, 2014
Ryan Hillman
Ryan Hillman marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2014
Alexander Ling
Alexander Ling marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2014
Maxwell
Maxwell marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2014
Elida Garcia
Elida Garcia marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
The Little Rabbit The Little Kitten The Little Duck The Little Lamb From One Child to Two