Start by marking “The House at the End of Ladybug Lane” as Want to Read:
The House at the End of Ladybug Lane

The House at the End of Ladybug Lane

3.56  ·  Rating Details  ·  108 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
Angelina Neatolini came from a long line of neat and tidy people. In fact, her great, great, great, great, great, great grandfather invented the garbage can. Her mother ironed her linguini and her father vacuumed the grass. But Angelina liked to roll in the dirt whenever she could.
And like most kids, Angelina wanted a pet, but pets are messy and the Neatolini parents did n
Published March 13th 2012 by Robin Corey Books (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The House at the End of Ladybug Lane, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The House at the End of Ladybug Lane

Miss Melissa
Beautiful illustrations, but the problems presented at the start of the story are not really resolved or even addressed at the end. It all felt a bit random.
The Brothers
Little Angelina Neatolini's parents are extremely neat, while that particular trait was not passed on to Angelina. They refuse to get her a pet of any sort because pets are messy. Angelina still wishes for one and magically a ladybug overhear's her (sorta) and magically produces a pest for her. The pest is a fantastic baker, but Angelina still wants a pet. The hard of hearing lady bug continues to produce a wide variety of other bugs that do amazing things - most of which untidy the Neatolini's ...more
Kendra
The images are beautiful and eye-catching, and the plot is interesting if not fully resolved or unwound by the conclusion. I'd like to see this be a bit more self-reflective, or at least broach some questions about family dynamics and so forth. But hey, it's eye candy, and the kids love it.
Habrewer
Feb 10, 2012 Habrewer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lilly-read
Angelina is a member of the Neatolini family but she is unlike any of them. She likes to get dirty and play. She lives with her parents in a very neat house at the end of Ladybug Lane. She wants a pet but her parents won’t allow it because pets are dirty. With the help of her fairy ladybug the house at the end of Ladybug Lane becomes a home.

This book was a lot of fun to read. The illustrations are whimsical and quite beautiful. Lilly loved looking at the pictures and enjoyed the story a lot. The
Shanshad Whelan
I tried reading this aloud today and it still doesn't make sense to me. Oh I get the gist of Angelina trying to be her messy and untidy self with her parents obsessive compulsive neatness, but the whole adventure of the hard-of-hearing magic ladybug fairy godmother and the critters she summons just didn't work for me.

The "pest" never seems like much of a pest to me. And the ending? it's too precious and pat. I wouldn't mind the parents agreeing to try to unbend a bit, but simply going along with
Debby Baumgartner
Angelina wants a pet but her parents thinks everything has to be neat and clean and a pet would not be. The story changes when Angelina meets a fairy ladybug to tries to grant her wishes.
S.
Aug 11, 2015 S. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really nice illustrations. Beautiful to look at. The magic is fun. My daughter really enjoyed it.
Linda Starr
Was imaginative and had fun illustrations. Strange story though.
This is a great book about negotiation.
Jan 17, 2012 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought the story was delightful, a sort of Seussesque romp with made up creatures and silly things coming out of one girl's imagination misheard. Of course I thought the Pest looked like Oscar, my little pest. My one complaint was that the text was very difficult to read on the screen and might be hard to read aloud--and it is a little long. Honestly I had to get two inches from my very large screen to see that she was saying Pest and not Pet.
Jocelin
Apr 16, 2012 Jocelin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-books
Opposites can co-exist, maybe? Fun story about a little girl who is descended from a long line of neat-freaks. In fact her last name is Neatolini (cute). Her parents are neat; the on the other hand is not. She makes a wish and instead of receiving a pet she gets a pest instead. We see the mayhem that it causes in the Neatolini household. In the end things calm down and happiness resides in the house at the end of Ladybug Lane.
Scottsdale Public Library
Meet Angelina, the naturally scruffy child of two neatnicks (they vacuum their front lawn), and the only ragamuffin in a long line of compulsive tidiers. Poor Angelina longs for a pet of any kind, but pets are “not neat.” One night she acquires a ladybug fairy godmother who mishears her wish, but the results are possibly all the better for it! - Kate D.
Paula
Aug 21, 2012 Paula rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: family, pre-school, bug, insect
Angelina Neatolini's wish for a pet, denied by her family on the grounds that pets are too messy, is overheard by a hard-of-hearing ladybug, who fills their tidy new home with assorted pests.
Jenny
Jun 19, 2012 Jenny rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This whimsical book was a lovely read for my 8 year old daughter. She loved the Neatolinis, especially Angelina! I so hope the author writes some more books about this character, it was so charming!
ReadingWench
I am in love with the illustrations in this book by Valeria Docampo. The story is cute and fun. It is a bit long for a young child, but would be great for an older child.

AR 3.4
Connie
Jun 27, 2012 Connie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jv
Angelina Neatolini does not fit in with the rest of her obsessively neat relatives until a wish is granted that brings the Pests to her house.
Matthew
Apr 08, 2012 Matthew rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was creative and I loved the pest a whole lot. There's nothing better than a nice story about embracing everyone's creative side.
I love ladybugs. Everyone knows that. But I also love these whimsical illustrations. The story is also cute but not amazing.
Shelli
Jun 02, 2012 Shelli rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
This tidy family is determined to keep things super clean. Their daughter is even more determined to get a pet.
Jodie
Oct 16, 2013 Jodie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-book, fantasy
Angelina wants a pet and a magical ladybug grants her wish and gives her a pest, and a few other ones as well.
Bridget R. Wilson
Love the illustrations, especially of the pest.
Andrea Jacobs
Andrea Jacobs marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2015
Andrea Labonte
Andrea Labonte rated it it was amazing
Dec 16, 2015
Maja
Maja marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2015
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2015
Beverly
Beverly rated it really liked it
Oct 12, 2015
Laurie Chester
Laurie Chester rated it liked it
Aug 24, 2015