Start by marking “Callie's Cowboy” as Want to Read:
Callie's Cowboy

Callie's Cowboy (The Brides of Destiny #1)

Under the Texas moon, Karen Leabo explores the deep longings that lead to romance in a poignant tale of young love and faraway memories, tender promises and revealing truths.

His soul was at home in the West—whether riding a bull at a rodeo or working the family ranch—but his heart belonged to her. Though Sam Sanger had always planned on sharing his life with Callie Callo
Published August 13th 2012 by Loveswept (first published September 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Callie's Cowboy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Callie's Cowboy

Rhonda
Sep 13, 2012 Rhonda rated it liked it
Callie's Cowboy by karen leabo
3 STARS

Callie's Cowboy is a Loveswept classic romance. Thier are a lot of love scenes in this book. It was a good plot but I really could not connect with the hero.
Callie and two other high school friends get thier fortunes told by a gypsie who is at thier carnaval fundraiser. Then she gives them a token to rember it. Then disappears.
Callie Calloway had just broken up with her boyfriend and she was not going to marry a cowboy. Later when her boyfriend Sam Sanger a
Kim Reads (Read Your Writes Book Reviews)
Reviewed on: http://readyourwrites.blogspot.com

Callie’s Cowboy is a re-issue of Karen Leabo’s book from 1996. However, I’ve never read anything by Karen before, so this book is new to me.

I got more than what I was looking for with this book. Instead of being just a straight forward contemporary romance, it’s a contemporary romance with a little mini-suspense mixed in.

The Prologue sets up this three part Brides of Destiny series. The series involves three high school best friends, Callie Calloway
Danielle
Aug 20, 2012 Danielle rated it it was ok
Shelves: did-not-finish
I really wanted to like this book but I just couldn't get into it. I don't know what to make of the relationship between the h/h. In the prologue we see them as teenagers who have just broken up because the hero decides to take a job in Nevada. Then in the next chapter it's ten years later, and the h/h haven't seen each other for eight but what we don't see is that they apparently had gotten back together and the hero asked the heroine to marry him in which she declined. Why wouldn't the prologu ...more
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Lee's review posted on Guilty Pleasures

If you’re looking for another cowboy fix, you can hold yourself over with Callie’s Cowboy. I’m sure you’ll enjoy it as much as I did.

Callie and Sam had been sweethearts for as long as anyone could remember, but in order to fulfill her dreams Callie ended it with Sam and has spent the last eight years wondering if she made a mistake.
Sam came home to attend the funeral of his father and he and Callie have to deal with outside conflicts as well as the spark th
Linda Kearney
Jan 29, 2013 Linda Kearney rated it liked it
Cute. Three friends one fortune teller. This is Callie's story
Lorren
Lorren rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2015
Henny
Henny rated it really liked it
Nov 13, 2014
Oletha Hall
Oletha Hall rated it liked it
Apr 25, 2016
Amy
Amy rated it it was ok
May 29, 2016
Kaitlin Yell
Kaitlin Yell rated it it was amazing
Feb 25, 2013
Hildegart
Hildegart rated it liked it
Aug 01, 2012
Charles S
Charles S rated it it was amazing
Sep 27, 2014
Heidi
Heidi rated it it was ok
Sep 25, 2014
Jennifer rated it liked it
Feb 21, 2014
girlygirl (aka arlene)
girlygirl (aka arlene) rated it really liked it
Aug 12, 2013
Celeste
Celeste rated it liked it
Apr 24, 2013
Jasmine
Jasmine rated it liked it
Oct 04, 2015
Lupe Haro
Lupe Haro rated it really liked it
Sep 20, 2012
Mario Saverino
Mario Saverino rated it did not like it
Sep 14, 2012
Hildegart
Hildegart rated it liked it
Aug 01, 2012
Lee
Lee rated it liked it
Jan 14, 2017
Valerie
Valerie rated it liked it
Sep 03, 2015
Simone
Simone rated it liked it
Sep 09, 2012
kenneth bowman
kenneth bowman rated it liked it
May 18, 2016
Leticia
Leticia rated it liked it
Jan 10, 2013
Joy
Joy rated it liked it
Jan 21, 2013
Trisha Kirkendoll
Trisha Kirkendoll rated it liked it
Jun 24, 2013
Dalia
Dalia rated it really liked it
Apr 13, 2014
Angela
Angela rated it really liked it
May 10, 2014
Tiffany
Tiffany rated it liked it
Jan 31, 2013

The Brides of Destiny (3 books)
  • Lana's Lawman
  • Millicent's Medicine Man (Brides of Destiny #3)