Start by marking “DC Comics: The Sequential Art of Amanda Conner” as Want to Read:
DC Comics: The Sequential Art of Amanda Conner

DC Comics: The Sequential Art of Amanda Conner

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  32 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Acclaimed artist Amanda Conner, currently illustrating and cowriting BEFORE WATCHMEN: SILK SPECTRE, is the focus of this new hardcover collecting some of her greatest work for DC Comics!

This spectacular new hardcover features SUPERMAN: LOIS LANE #1, BIRDS OF PREY #47-49, JSA CLASSIFIED #1-4, SUPERGIRL #12, the GREEN ARROW/BLACK CANARY WEDDING SPECIAL, plus stories from SEC
Published November 13th 2012 by DC Comics (first published September 18th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about DC Comics, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about DC Comics

I ordered this hardcover collection of Amanda Conner’s work around this time last year and I will be honest, until Jimmy Palmiotti tweeted about it a couple weeks ago I had forgotten about it. It was well worth the wait though, as the oversized hardcover is a beautiful compendium of Amanda’s work peppered with notes from some of her high profile colleagues and peers. The presentation is wonderful and there is a great amount of insight into the progression of Amanda’s career and the perception of ...more
My one great problem with any collection where a good many of the stories end with "To Be Continued" is that you are forced to hunt down the succeeding issue. (My other problem with this collection is a matter of a story that features an aspect that is increasingly seen in 'poor taste.') But other than the quibbles, the stories are told and illustrated with a good amount of sensitivity.
You actually get to see a progression in how Ms. Conner's art evolves from a sort of "Archie" flatness to full
Michael Alexander Henke
I was slightly misled by the title of this book. I thought it would be like most other art books, featuring things like sketches, covers, interiors, etc. In actuality it just reprints assorted comics drawn by Amanda Conner.
The reprints cover a decent span of time, so it's cool that you can see how her style changed. Unfortunately lots of the comics are out of context, you have no way of happening what came before, or what will happen after. On top of that there were quite a few that I already ow
Ian Shaughnessy
It's a book showcasing Amanda's gorgeous art, so that's what I'm basing my review on. Of course, her line work is nothing short of stunning. The GREEN ARROW/BLACK CANARY WEDDING SPECIAL (which she inked herself) is one of the most well-drawn single issues of all time. Amanda Conner is a modern legend and this package is a must-own.
Ryan added it
Sep 07, 2015
Robzy marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2015
Skylar marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2015
Apr 27, 2015
Apr 21, 2015
11aparkinson marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Amy Ratcliffe
Amy Ratcliffe marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2014
Amani Cooper
Amani Cooper marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
Monique is currently reading it
May 12, 2014
Melissa Wert
Melissa Wert marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2014
Traag marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2014
Dec 26, 2013
Mike is currently reading it
Sep 11, 2013
Harley Quinn, Vol. 1: Hot in the City Harley Quinn #1 (The New 52) Harley Quinn #2 (The New 52) Harley Quinn #0 (The New 52) Harley Quinn #3 (The New 52)