Start by marking “Space (Magic Tree House Fact Tracker #6)” as Want to Read:
Space (Magic Tree House Fact Tracker #6)

Space (Magic Tree House Fact Tracker #6)

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  589 ratings  ·  28 reviews
Magic Tree House Research Guides are now Magic Tree House Fact Trackers! Track the facts with Jack and Annie!

When Jack and Annie got back from their adventure inMagic Tree House #8: Midnight on the Moon,they had lots of questions. How did the universe begin? How long does it take to get to the moon? How hot is the sun? What does it feel like to be in space? Find out the
Published February 29th 2012 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Space, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Space

Aug 23, 2008 Julianna rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Kids Who Want to Lean About Space
Reviewed for

Magic Tree House Research Guide: Space presents a lot of interesting information about space in a fun, easy-to-read format that is accessible to younger readers. As a child, I was very interested in the solar system and space travel. For a time, I studied and followed space travel very closely, and this book was like a nice walk down memory lane. There were a few notable omissions from the book though, such as the Pioneer and Voyager interstellar space probes, Mars
Peyton Hyder
I really think that space is really cool especially since the sun is so hot and so far away from Earth, and it gives all that heat onto Earth. What do you think of that? Isn't that cool that the sun gives all this heat from a very, very, very far distance and that sun waves coming from inside of the sun vibrate on the outside of the sun? I think that space has many secrets to it, and speaking of space, there's a show called Sailor Moon that I think you would want to watch. Unless you are really ...more
I didn't find space particularly interesting when I was in second grade, but I forced myself to read through this book the first time, continued to read through it over and over, and still remember all the knowledge I've learned to this day, more than six years later. Surprisingly, this information has seriously saved me in scattered little situations and moments that I still marvel upon. I have no idea why I forced myself to read through it the first time, but I am so tremendously glad that I d ...more
So far I am on page 49 of Space. Space is a wonderful book! The book starts out with and intersting introduction it talks about Astronomy and how we have always wondered about the sky. It also has so many fun facts like the word solar come from Sol (ancient Roman God of the sun), it take the sun's heat eight minutes to reach the Earth, one light year is 5,880 billion miles,that when the sun grows older it will become a red giant star and so much more! I am about to read more into detail about th ...more
this book was mostly about all the people that went up to space and all about space but its was a good book if you what to learn about space.There is a lot of good facts about space in this book about how space works this book could be good if u need to study about space then i would suggest this book.
Ms. B
Even though this book is dated (copyright 2002), it provides a good overview and will be of interest to young readers. Even though, Pluto is included as a planet; there were already many scientists who felt it was not a planet because it was the same size as it's moon, Charon.
Ben Williamson
Space- By Will Osborne and Mary Pope Osborne
From this book, I learnt a lot about astronomy and the solar system. It was all spelt out in a very simple way, but was fun to read. From it I have learnt a mnemonic, how to remember all the planets names in order from the sun without fault, using the first letter of each planet - My Very Eager Mother Just Served Us Nine Pickles. But because Pluto isn’t a planet anymore I had to change it slightly to, My Very Eager Mother Just Served Us Nachos. It was
Shreya Goyal
This is my first book of magic tree house fact tracker. It is the best magic tree house book till now( in which I have).
Mar 29, 2009 Dolly rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is a great book to introduce the basics about space and astronomy to children. It really complements the book Midnight On The Moon and once again, I'm surprised at how much our girls enjoyed reading it, since it's not a story. They are eager to read more of the Research Guides!
This is the second Magic Tree House Research Guide that I have read and I loved it. Will and Mary Pope Osborne did a fantastic job of explaining some rather complex space concepts in a way that intermediate age students on up can enjoy and learn from. The book is a little bit dated since it was published in 2002, and scientists have done things such as land a prob on Mars. I would love if the Osbornes would revise this book sometime in the future with updated information.
Abby Johnson
The Magic Tree House Research Guides are conversational nonfiction that could be paired with books from the Magic Tree House series. These are great choices for kids looking for recreational reading. The books include an index, a list of further resources (including books, websites, and more), and tips for kids doing their own research.
Reading Level: intermediate and up

This is a great resource for both students and teachers. It allows students to find out the facts about our solar system. It is put in simple terms that are easily understood. I love the pictures that compare the sizes of solar system members to items that students readily know. This book is a great companion to any science fiction book about our solar system.
My 6-year-old and I read this book together. Not only was it educational for him, it was a good reminder of things that I learned in elementary school, plus I learned new things. This book is good for any child interested in space even if your child has not read the corresponding Magic Tree House book.

Well I'm sure it was an good book. What I liked about it was reading about the planets and some planets are the biggest and some the smallest but at least I learned a lot. My most favorite was the Planet Mars. Since it has the red spot.
This book was very informative. It was full of great facts presented in a way that was fun for young children. A great book for children who like the Magic Tree House series and are also interested in learning about space.
Charity Cole
Read it to my girls as part of our science unit. There was a paragraph of evolution that was unnecessary, but it was an easy, age-appropriate read on space.
Kristine Pratt
At least Pluto is still called a planet? Too much theory in regards to origins of things. I'd rather these books just stuck with facts.
A.K. Klemm
Follow my Magic Tree House Adventures with my toddler:
The Research Guides are great supplements to the books. I've even used some of them for school projects, including this one.
how they found the information, about the planets
Valentina Tereskova was the first woman to travel in space.
Autumn Cook
This book was very interesting
plants to planets are really fun.
I read this series in elementary school
Saturn has at least 30 moons.
Jason Bamberg
Jason Bamberg marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2015
  • Dolphins And Sharks (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #9)

Magic Tree House Fact Tracker (1 - 10 of 28 books)
  • Dinosaurs (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #1)
  • Knights and Castles (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #2)
  • Mummies and Pyramids (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #3)
  • Pirates (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #4)
  • Rain Forests (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #5)
  • Titanic (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #7)
  • Twisters and Other Terrible Storms (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #8)
  • Dolphins And Sharks (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #9)
  • Ancient Greece and the Olympics (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #10)
  • American Revolution (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #11)
Dinosaurs (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #1) Knights and Castles (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #2) Titanic (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #7) Mummies and Pyramids (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #3) Pirates (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #4)