Start by marking “Space (Magic Tree House Fact Tracker #6)” as Want to Read:
Space (Magic Tree House Fact Tracker #6)

Space (Magic Tree House Fact Tracker #6)

Magic Tree House Research Guides are now Magic Tree House Fact Trackers! Track the facts with Jack and Annie!

When Jack and Annie got back from their adventure inMagic Tree House #8: Midnight on the Moon,they had lots of questions. How did the universe begin? How long does it take to get to the moon? How hot is the sun? What does it feel like to be in space? Find out the
Published February 29th 2012 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Space, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Space

Julianna
Aug 23, 2008 Julianna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Kids Who Want to Lean About Space
Reviewed for www.thcreviews.com

Magic Tree House Research Guide: Space presents a lot of interesting information about space in a fun, easy-to-read format that is accessible to younger readers. As a child, I was very interested in the solar system and space travel. For a time, I studied and followed space travel very closely, and this book was like a nice walk down memory lane. There were a few notable omissions from the book though, such as the Pioneer and Voyager interstellar space probes, Mars
Josiah Kong
Feb 16, 2016 Josiah Kong rated it it was amazing
Magic Tree House Fact Tracker: Space, is a book by Will Osborne and Mary Pope Osborne. The book is all about space. It talks about astronomers like Ptolemy, Copernicus, and Galileo. The book tells about our solar system, the sun, planets, and the moons. In addition, the book tells about space travel, and living and working in space.

There are many interesting facts in this book. One fact is that Sputnik, the first space satellite, was the size of a beach ball! Another fact is that space has no g
Alexis
Oct 26, 2014 Alexis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So far I am on page 49 of Space. Space is a wonderful book! The book starts out with and intersting introduction it talks about Astronomy and how we have always wondered about the sky. It also has so many fun facts like the word solar come from Sol (ancient Roman God of the sun), it take the sun's heat eight minutes to reach the Earth, one light year is 5,880 billion miles,that when the sun grows older it will become a red giant star and so much more! I am about to read more into detail about th ...more
Peyton Hyder
Oct 26, 2014 Peyton Hyder rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really think that space is really cool especially since the sun is so hot and so far away from Earth, and it gives all that heat onto Earth. What do you think of that? Isn't that cool that the sun gives all this heat from a very, very, very far distance and that sun waves coming from inside of the sun vibrate on the outside of the sun? I think that space has many secrets to it, and speaking of space, there's a show called Sailor Moon that I think you would want to watch. Unless you are really ...more
Dolly
Mar 29, 2009 Dolly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is a great book to introduce the basics about space and astronomy to children. It really complements the book Midnight On The Moon and once again, I'm surprised at how much our girls enjoyed reading it, since it's not a story. They are eager to read more of the Research Guides!
Ben Williamson
Oct 20, 2013 Ben Williamson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Space- By Will Osborne and Mary Pope Osborne
From this book, I learnt a lot about astronomy and the solar system. It was all spelt out in a very simple way, but was fun to read. From it I have learnt a mnemonic, how to remember all the planets names in order from the sun without fault, using the first letter of each planet - My Very Eager Mother Just Served Us Nine Pickles. But because Pluto isn’t a planet anymore I had to change it slightly to, My Very Eager Mother Just Served Us Nachos. It was
Angelica
May 12, 2015 Angelica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I didn't find space particularly interesting when I was in second grade, but I forced myself to read through this book the first time, continued to read through it over and over, and still remember all the knowledge I've learned to this day, more than six years later. Surprisingly, this information has seriously saved me in scattered little situations and moments that I still marvel upon. I have no idea why I forced myself to read through it the first time, but I am so tremendously glad that I d ...more
Reagan
Feb 03, 2016 Reagan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
This book has amazing facts about space. It shows all the planets in our solar system. It also says who were the first people to go in space or land on the moon.
Some of the planets are Venus, Mercury, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Uranus, Neptune, Saturn, and Pluto. Some people think that Pluto should not be a planet.

I really like this book. I would rather read about sea monsters but this is good too. You should read this book if you want to know all about space.
Abby Johnson
Mar 27, 2010 Abby Johnson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: blogged
The Magic Tree House Research Guides are conversational nonfiction that could be paired with books from the Magic Tree House series. These are great choices for kids looking for recreational reading. The books include an index, a list of further resources (including books, websites, and more), and tips for kids doing their own research.

Shelli
This is the second Magic Tree House Research Guide that I have read and I loved it. Will and Mary Pope Osborne did a fantastic job of explaining some rather complex space concepts in a way that intermediate age students on up can enjoy and learn from. The book is a little bit dated since it was published in 2002, and scientists have done things such as land a prob on Mars. I would love if the Osbornes would revise this book sometime in the future with updated information.
Patty
Reading Level: intermediate and up

This is a great resource for both students and teachers. It allows students to find out the facts about our solar system. It is put in simple terms that are easily understood. I love the pictures that compare the sizes of solar system members to items that students readily know. This book is a great companion to any science fiction book about our solar system.
Lynn
Oct 19, 2013 Lynn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My 6-year-old and I read this book together. Not only was it educational for him, it was a good reminder of things that I learned in elementary school, plus I learned new things. This book is good for any child interested in space even if your child has not read the corresponding Magic Tree House book.

Lola
I hated science as a kid. I'm not that much more interested in it as an adult. You can't even get adult me excited about a movie where Matt Damon manages to survive on Mars. How hard do you think it was to get kid me interested in space? (Hint: Impossible.) I'm not even sure why I would have read this book.
Logan
Feb 21, 2015 Logan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this book was mostly about all the people that went up to space and all about space but its was a good book if you what to learn about space.There is a lot of good facts about space in this book about how space works this book could be good if u need to study about space then i would suggest this book.
Marlee
May 24, 2013 Marlee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was very informative. It was full of great facts presented in a way that was fun for young children. A great book for children who like the Magic Tree House series and are also interested in learning about space.
Ms. B
Jul 06, 2014 Ms. B rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction, series, 2014
Even though this book is dated (copyright 2002), it provides a good overview and will be of interest to young readers. Even though, Pluto is included as a planet; there were already many scientists who felt it was not a planet because it was the same size as it's moon, Charon.
Chrystal Phillips
Nov 16, 2015 Chrystal Phillips rated it really liked it
Great companion book to 'Midnight on the Moon' - the adventure that sends Jack and Annie into the future and to the moon to find something to help their friend Morgan LaFaye. I love a book that will back up the story with truth and facts about the story itself. Fun.
Melissa Namba
Nov 20, 2016 Melissa Namba rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: coplin
another great research guide. a nice resource and introduction to space and the science behind it. I like the section about aliens and how they might be possible. my nieces and nephews will enjoy this!
Angela
Jan 19, 2010 Angela rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well I'm sure it was an good book. What I liked about it was reading about the planets and some planets are the biggest and some the smallest but at least I learned a lot. My most favorite was the Planet Mars. Since it has the red spot.
Kristine Hansen
Sep 07, 2013 Kristine Hansen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids, space
At least Pluto is still called a planet? Too much theory in regards to origins of things. I'd rather these books just stuck with facts.
Charity Cole
Mar 27, 2014 Charity Cole rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read it to my girls as part of our science unit. There was a paragraph of evolution that was unnecessary, but it was an easy, age-appropriate read on space.
Kimberly
The Research Guides are great supplements to the books. I've even used some of them for school projects, including this one.
Twyla
Shreya Goyal
Mar 28, 2014 Shreya Goyal rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my first book of magic tree house fact tracker. It is the best magic tree house book till now( in which I have).
M
Cool companion book! Learned a few things about the solar system that I didn't learn in grade school.
A.K. Klemm
Jun 06, 2013 A.K. Klemm rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Follow my Magic Tree House Adventures with my toddler: http://anakalianwhims.wordpress.com/2...
Arri Richardson
Arri Richardson rated it it was amazing
Sep 23, 2013
Nimmy Tomy
Nimmy Tomy rated it really liked it
Sep 17, 2014
jennifer feldt
jennifer feldt rated it it was amazing
Dec 25, 2015
  • Dolphins And Sharks (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #9)

Magic Tree House Fact Tracker (1 - 10 of 35 books)
  • Dinosaurs (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #1)
  • Knights and Castles (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #2)
  • Mummies and Pyramids (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #3)
  • Pirates (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #4)
  • Rain Forests (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #5)
  • Titanic (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #7)
  • Twisters and Other Terrible Storms (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #8)
  • Dolphins And Sharks (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #9)
  • Ancient Greece and the Olympics (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #10)
  • American Revolution (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #11)