Start by marking “A Simple Autumn (Seasons of Lancaster #3)” as Want to Read:
A Simple Autumn (Seasons of Lancaster #3)

A Simple Autumn (Seasons of Lancaster #3)

For fans of Cindy Woodsmall and Beverly Lewis, Rosalind Lauer’s Seasons of Lancaster novel A Simple Autumn is a wonderful Amish story about two brothers navigating through the troubled waters of love.

A LOVE THAT REMAINS HIDDEN,
A FORK IN A THORNY ROAD

Published October 16th 2012 by Ballantine Books (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about A Simple Autumn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Simple Autumn

Rachel Brand
GENRE: AMISH ROMANCE
PUBLISHER: BALLANTINE BOOKS
PUBLICATION DATE: OCTOBER 16, 2012
RATING: 3.5 OUT OF 5 – GOOD

PROS: Good conclusion to the series; characters displayed realistic emotions; relaxing, easy read; accurate depiction of the Amish and of Lancaster County

CONS: Gabe’s conflict seemed to be wrapped up too quickly; plot not as compelling as previous two books in series; readers will appreciate this book more having read the rest of the series

With their older brother and sister making prepar
Kathleen (Kat) Smith
The King family has had a rough time trying to raise a family in the Amish community. Their parents were murdered leaving a large family to find ways to work together. At first, like most Amish communities, whenever there is loss, they rally around and help one another, which they did at first. But over time as the oldest children Adam and Mary grew, they realized they could all work together as one to provide for one another. Adam the oldest son is being looked out through the eyes of the commu ...more
Aug 06, 2013 Laura rated it liked it
ISBN: 978-0345526755
Genre: Amish

A LOVE THAT REMAINS HIDDEN,
A FORK IN A THORNY ROAD

Jonah King has no desire to leave his close-knit community. All his hopes and dreams lie in Lancaster County, and many of them revolve around his longtime love for Annie Stoltzfus. For years he’s been trying to get her to see what burns inside his heart, yet he remains all but invisible to her. Annie’s beautiful eyes reflect only her
Marcy
Nov 25, 2012 Marcy rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Lovers of Amish fiction
Recommended to Marcy by: Net Galley
Shelves: books-reviewed
This book is about a four star but not quite. I did not read the first 2 books in the series; maybe if I had I would have liked it more. It was a standalone book, in other words you can read it without the other 2 but it leaves you wanting the back story of the King family.

There is a great moral to the book that of finding love in the ones around you. I this case Annie Stoltzus has always loved one brother, who left the Amish community, came back when his parents were murdered but not for Annie,
Cynthia
Jul 11, 2012 Cynthia rated it it was amazing
The third book in The Seasons of Lancaster County Series, this book follows the story of the King family. Jonah King, also known as the Quiet One, is learning how to express himself and talk about how he feels. His love for Annie hasn't diminished over the years, even though she never knew it.

At the same time Gabe King is wanting the best of both worlds. Still in his rumspringa, running around years, he enjoys riding on motorbikes. His love for Elsie is also growing stronger and he wants to marr
IrenesBookReviews
Nov 21, 2012 IrenesBookReviews rated it really liked it
This book is part of the series called Seasons of Lancaster. You do not have to read the others to enjoy this book. This story is about two brothers and one girl. The girl has to decide which brother best fits with what she wants for her life. Will she choose the brother who always gets her attention or wills he finally notice the brother who is always there for her?

I gave this book 4/5 stars. The story was a little slow. I have read many Christian Fiction Amish books so I was hoping this would
Susan Erhardt
I read this for work, as we are challenged to read a couple of books outside our comfort zone. I found it excruciatingly slow and painfully repeptitive. I don't think it was necessary to repeat half a dozen times that Remy won't ever fit in due to her flaming hair.

Annie was described (by Jonah) several times near the beginning of the book as feisty, but I never really saw any evidence of that sort of nature in her actions. Her entire ambition in life was to have a baby. Some pretty tired plot de
Vera
Oct 05, 2014 Vera rated it really liked it
Annie was so disappointed when Adam decided to marry someone else. Johan his brother had loved Annie for years, but too shy to tell her. She never took him serious. Even tired to set up her sister with him.

When Johan finally told her of his love, she couldn't accept it. But yet Johan wouldn't take no for an answer. She even planned to move away from her family. But it took a family emergency for those plans to chance and in the process to find out that there were feeling for Johan.

Enjoyed readi
Alex
Apr 14, 2015 Alex rated it liked it
Shelves: christian-books
I didn't love this nearly as much as the other two books. Annie and Emma were just not as interesting or likeable as Remy and Sadie, and I didn't feel the romance between Annie and Jonah or Emma and Gabe at all.

(view spoiler)

As a conclusion to the series it was pretty good, but as a story in its own right it
Jenny
Jan 15, 2013 Jenny rated it it was ok
meh.

The writing was so boring - as if she just jotted down the plot without thinking to hard about it.
The romances were fairly dry, and slightly unrealistic. If a boy is told no often enough, for heavens sake he'll let it go.
And you think a guy in love with motorbikes is just going to one day see a man on a horse and think, "What was I thinking? Now THAT's a man."
Right.
I didn't even bother with the final 2 chapters.
So, meh - C+?
Donna
Mar 14, 2013 Donna rated it did not like it
Shelves: ugggghhhhh
This really should have been a youth novel. I would have rated it higher if they had. It was filled with benign dialog, which was painful to wade through. It was so pollyanna...I really expected there to be unicorns frolicking in the amish fields under big bright rainbows. I don't mean to be mean or hateful....all I am saying is that if you really want to read a great book....this is not it. I usually like amish fiction...but this was just so juvenile.
Kate
Aug 26, 2016 Kate rated it really liked it
This definitely had some twists and turns to it, right up to the very end, so you never knew quite what was going to end up happening with the King brothers and the women they loved. That said, though the ride was winding, it was definitely worth the while. I appreciated the lessons about blooming where you're planted, and how the wisdom of loved ones lives on even after they've passed from this life. A very fitting end to this series.
Jill
Jan 03, 2016 Jill rated it really liked it
Sparks do not fly when Jonah and Gabe fall for two women in their Amish community. Author Rosalind Lauer, discusses whether it is a question of faith or a question of love, that impedes relationships.
Marianne Stehr
May 18, 2015 Marianne Stehr rated it liked it
A predictable ending to a nice story. These books are filled with good, loving people, they make you feel good, but in my opinion they are not as good as other Amish fiction. The story is predictable, a little intrigue or mystery would be nice.
Sue Klasing
Good book to end series.
Marg
Mar 03, 2014 Marg rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this series
Marie Buccellato
Mar 17, 2014 Marie Buccellato rated it really liked it
Great series about the Amish people - Absolutely loved this series & I recommend it
Kate
May 06, 2012 Kate rated it really liked it
Another nice edition to the series! I'm still shocked that I like anything bordering on Christian romance, genre-wise, but it's such a break from things I usually read.
Danielle Rush
Dec 06, 2012 Danielle Rush rated it really liked it
This was a satisfying conclusion to the series.
Donna Schubert
Nov 26, 2012 Donna Schubert rated it it was amazing
VERY INTESTING
Audrey Lawrence
Nov 19, 2012 Audrey Lawrence rated it it was amazing
Excellent!! A great sequel to the others in the series.
Diane
Sep 08, 2016 Diane rated it really liked it
Very sweet and engaging
Elaine Briceland
Apr 08, 2013 Elaine Briceland rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoys stories about amish families
Very much enjoyed this 3rd book in the series "A Seasonsof Lancaster" . Looking forward to more books by Rosalind Lauer.
D. Hodges
Jun 25, 2013 D. Hodges rated it really liked it
I am enjoying this series of books. It is nice to read a good book that talks about love and God. You will learn about the Amish culture while reading this series.
Sally
Aug 04, 2012 Sally rated it really liked it

Sweet read.
Martha Valasek
Nov 11, 2012 Martha Valasek rated it liked it
the story dragged a bit in the middle but I really loved the ending
Julie
Julie rated it really liked it
Jan 31, 2013
Isa
Isa rated it really liked it
Dec 22, 2012
Juliet
Juliet rated it really liked it
Jul 18, 2016
Karen
Karen rated it it was amazing
Aug 16, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Abby Finds Her Calling (Home at Cedar Creek, #1)
  • An Amish Wedding
  • Beyond Hope's Valley (The Big Sky Series, #3)
  • Saving Gideon (Clover Ridge #1)
  • A Wedding for Julia (The Pebble Creek Amish, #3)
  • An Uncommon Grace
  • Leah's Choice (Hannah's Daughters, #4)
  • Living in Harmony (New Beginnings, #1)
  • A Cousin's Challenge (Indiana Cousins, #3)
  • The Protector (Families of Honor, #2)
  • The Lesson (Stoney Ridge Seasons #3)
  • Lilly's Wedding Quilt (Patch of Heaven, #2)
  • A Season of Love (Kauffman Amish Bakery #5)
  • The Little Amish Matchmaker: A Christmas Romance
  • Autumn Winds (Seasons of the Heart #2)
  • Simply Sara (Plain and Simple, #2)
Rosalind Lauer grew up in a large family in Maryland and began visiting Lancaster County’s Amish community as a child. Lauer attended Wagner College in New York City and worked as an editor for Simon & Schuster and Harlequin Books. She now lives with her family in Oregon, where she writes in the shade of some towering two-hundred-year-old Douglas fir trees.
More about Rosalind Lauer...

Seasons of Lancaster (3 books)
  • A Simple Winter (Seasons of Lancaster #1)
  • A Simple Spring (Seasons of Lancaster #2)

“Life on the farm had fed his soul since he was a child. he was ever grateful to Gott for giving him a chance to work the land and live by the seasons. It was a good life...but a lonely one for a man his age, a man too old to be living with his family.” 1 likes
“He had never imagined that a man in love could be so lonely.” 0 likes