Start by marking “Blood Crime (The Hollows Graphic Novel, #2)” as Want to Read:
Blood Crime (The Hollows Graphic Novel, #2)

Blood Crime (The Hollows Graphic Novel #2)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating Details  ·  896 Ratings  ·  72 Reviews
You can’t tell the story of how it all began for supernatural cops Ivy Tamwood and Rachel Morgan without telling how it all nearly ended. The fiery living vampire and erstwhile earth witch never asked to be paired up in the first place. And having to work Inderland Security’s crummiest beat—busting two-bit paranormal street punks—sure didn’t sweeten the deal. But when it c ...more
Published October 30th 2012 by Del Rey Books

To ask other readers questions about Blood Crime, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood Crime

Fight Club by Chuck PalahniukThe Bourne Identity by Robert LudlumThe Road by Cormac McCarthyThe Godfather by Mario PuzoLonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry
Best Manfiction
367th out of 1,153 books — 451 voters
Gunmetal Magic by Ilona AndrewsFair Game by Patricia BriggsLover Reborn by J.R. WardTangle of Need by Nalini SinghLothaire by Kresley Cole
Upcoming Fantastika 2012
164th out of 201 books — 104 voters

More lists with this book...

VampireNovelFan
Felt Like Familiar Territory

I.S. cops Ivy Tamwood and Rachel Morgan were having a pretty good week, working their beat, busting brimstone street dealers left and right. That is until they realize someone may be gunning for them directly. That'll put a damper on anyone's week. Fortunately dodging risky attempts on their lives, it's up to Ivy to figure out whose targeting them and why. Could it be Piscary? Does he want to eliminate Rachel to get Ivy back in his clutches faster? Or could it be a
Clay
Jan 10, 2015 Clay rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novels
I've read seven of "The Hollows" books and I was lost many times as I read this prequel to the series. Several important plot points had no explanation, either in the text or in the art. This is especially annoying when a short caption or a couple of extra panels on the page could have made things so much clearer.

For example, Ivy and Rachel are checking out a warehouse. On the page, in panel 1 is Rachel chastising Ivy, panel 2 is Ivy looking chastened, panel 3 is Rachel throwing Ivy to the groun
Yodamom
Sep 27, 2014 Yodamom rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics-anime
Rachel, Ivy. Piscary, and Kisten all looked so ugly. The faces drawn so rough with ugly features. Where was Jenks ? How is it possible that Jenks would miss any of this ? This aaas a failure for me as a huge fan of the series. It was the art that was wrong, it took me out of the story and into some world that I didn't relate to.
Valerie
This was an improvement over the previous graphic novel adaptation of The Hollows, but just barely. The story is a bit more fleshed out and polished for this edition, yet it still comes across as stilted and wooden.

This edition once again is told from Ivy's perspective in the early days of working with Rachel. Someone is trying to kill Rachel or Ivy, or maybe both. Ivy suspects Piscary is involved, so that main emphasis for the story is the dynamic between Piscary and Ivy. Once again, the novels
Tara Day
Oct 09, 2015 Tara Day rated it really liked it
The second graphic novel in this series features a lot more of the Hollows lead vampire - Ivy. Though Rachel is still involved and still her feisty partner, she's not as frequent in this one as she is in the first, which is sad because her humor would have really uplifted the dark vibes of this one.

The plot is more about Ivy and her relationship with Piscary, but I did enjoy the fact that Art came back and the foreshadowing of his involvement later in the series (White Witch, Black Curse especi
Marianne
Another prequel/graphic novel in the Hollows series. This book gives us further insight into the thoughts of living and dead vampires; how their twisted minds really work. I appreciated the opportunity to explore Ivy's desires and temptations from her POV, and watch her growing realization of how Piscary's been manipulating her all this time. Got my first glimpse of my most DETESTED Hollows character as well. I really wish Ivy would had finished him completely, not just put him in jail, the bast ...more
Snail in Danger (Sid) Nicolaides
Oct 01, 2012 Snail in Danger (Sid) Nicolaides marked it as maybe-read-sometime
Recommended to Snail in Danger (Sid) by: GR monthly e-mail
I wasn't impressed with Blood Work: An Original Hollows Graphic Novel but enh ... Rachel and Ivy. Who knows, I might be in the mood at some point.
Ivy
Piscary seems to be nuts. I wonder if Ivy will figure out that Piscary had tried to have Rachel killed. Will Ivy go back to being a detective?
Dynila
The story was super simple, a couple pages of a short story if it hadn't been illustrated. Not bad, but not awesome.

The art, though?! It just did not fit the characters and their world at all. Too cartoon-ish, too round-edged and inconsistent - just not the right flavor at all.

Also, I know the hunger shadows were the author's idea, but for me they really distracted from the story. I had to read the artist's notes at the back to know what they were.

I love the world of the Hollows, but I'm not sur
Thomas Edmund
Mar 15, 2013 Thomas Edmund rated it it was ok
I enjoyed the previous Hollow's graphic novel Blood Work, if only for the pretty artwork and the enjoyment of seeing the novel characters come to life on the page.

Blood Crime however flopped. My first criticism is the lack of true 'story-telling.' As narrator Ivy essentially just tells us everything thats going on both with the action, and with her emotions (telling, rather than showing is surely even more of a literary crime in graphic novels.) Ivy flip-flops throughout the story, rather than p
Cathy
I think the timing is just bad, I'm kind of irritated with Harrison and her tendency to write self-hating want-to-be lovers for Rachel. If I hadn't just finished Into the Woods: Tales from the Hollows and Beyond I would have been looking at this with fresh eyes and it wouldn't have bothered me as much, but seeing it as a part of the whole story arc of the series, it just bugged me more. I can see why so many self-haters would be drawn to a woman who likes herself so much, but the theme is gettin ...more
Marianna
I suppose I should have known I would not be the biggest fan of the graphic novels of this series. Being that it is Ivy's POV I should have known. Basically, I see Ivy as a little one note. It is always the same thing with her. She struggles to maintain but gains no insight or real strength by doing that. She NEEDS Rachel, blah blah, and WANTS her. I found that tiring in the books. It was endless and always seemed to be the same problem. I have no issue with the author having the two ladies hook ...more
Jessica (a GREAT read)
Nov 28, 2013 Jessica (a GREAT read) rated it it was amazing
Kim Harrison and Gemma Magno come together again in the second Hollows Graphic Novel, Blood Crime! So continues the tale of Ivy and Rachel while they were still working for the I.S.

This is definitely one of my favorite graphic novel series as I loooove the Hollows! Seeing Rachel and Ivy and other characters, like Kisten...sigh...all colorful on the page is astounding!! I am hoping this graphic novel series continues, but there isn't any available info for a continuance! I keep hoping we see how/
IbNancy
Nov 25, 2013 IbNancy rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-it, urban-fantasy
I won this book from a book bloggers site, and I think I was more excited to win the autographed book from Kim Harrison than anything else! Of course with Canada Post being what it is it took over 7 weeks to get here from the time I won it to actually getting to read it!

Blood Crime is a graphic novel, which is basically a short story of characters we know from the series of books, done with graphics like a hard covered comic book. While some of the art was fantastic some of it for me wasn't what
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
This review was posted at Under the Covers

If you had the chance to read the first graphic novel for The Hollows, BLOOD WORK, you will know that these glimpses into the series are told from Ivy’s POV. Also an important point is that they are telling of their early days as partners working for the IS. I find that I can just eat these up! They are full of an emotional and conflicted side of Ivy, when she wasn’t as in control and comfortable with herself.

In BLOOD CRIME she is still very much under P
Jaime
Oct 09, 2014 Jaime rated it really liked it
Great POV of Ivy:
She's worried about how tight a hold Piscary has on her and how he [just may be] seeing Rachel as a threat.
Then there's another vamp who wants Ivy dead.

I love how the demon of the vampires is shown.
Piscary is very frightening.

The additional concept art at the end was wonderful.
Stephanie
Aug 24, 2014 Stephanie rated it liked it
While I still enjoyed seeing a visual representation of the Hollows and hearing Ivy's viewpoint, I didn't like this one as much as Blood Work. Too much of the focus was on vampire politics. While that's an important part of this world and Ivy's life, the vampires are one of my least favorite species in this world.
Amy
Nov 02, 2014 Amy rated it liked it
Continues the story of Blood Work and similarly unsatisfying. The artwork is in and of itself fine; I like the way the characters are drawn. But a lot of the action is very unclear visually. I guess this story is supposed to lead directly into Dead Witch Walking, so again no real conclusion.
Jackino Amato
May 07, 2014 Jackino Amato rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Hallow's Fans everywhere
Recommended to Jackino by: no one
Not what I expected. I really liked the story, but I did not like the art work, not how I envisioned the characters to look like. I like the versions in my head better. it did make me want to read the first graphic novel. I just love most things Kim Harrison.
Kittiehawk
Nov 16, 2015 Kittiehawk rated it it was ok
Having not read the novels, I am having trouble following what is going on in this series. The graphic novels haven't provided enough information about the world and the basic rules of vampirism.

I'm curious, but lost.
Nancy
Aug 01, 2014 Nancy rated it it was amazing
Continuation of the Rachel/Ivy back story begun in Blood Work and Kim Harrison's second graphic novel. We learn a little more of Ivy's relationship with her vampire master Piscary. Great.
Ashley
May 04, 2013 Ashley rated it liked it
I think I would have enjoyed this more had there not been such a huge gap inbetween my reading this and the previous book. Or even if there had been a quick refresher on what had happened and who was who in book one. While Rachel, Ivy, Kisten and the like don't need backstories if you're a Hollows fan some of the other characters like Art (?) I had no memory of who they were and why they were importany. Not bad on the whole, art was acceptable (I'm really picky about art involving characters tha ...more
Reggie
Oct 13, 2012 Reggie rated it really liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
A must read for any Hollows fan.
This is the second prequel to the Hollows series telling the story of Rachel and Ivy as partners in the I.S. (before Jinks). The point of view is from Ivy, which gives a nice insight into her that's not as clear in the novels.
The story is well presented and ties into the novels quite nicely. The art work is good, although I expect this is where Hollows fans will complain. Everyone has their own idea of what the characters in the novels should look like so not eve
Elaine
Nov 15, 2012 Elaine rated it it was amazing
I loved this novel from start to finish. The story gave a more depth look at Ivy and how she felt about Rachel who is completely ablivious to Ivy's affections.
I loved the art work and thought Gemma Magno had got Ivy and Rachel just right but Ivy's hair was longer than all the books but maybe she had long hair.
As usual Rachel was her quirky self with Ivy been her usual shut of self who is trying to break away from Piscary.
My only issue was there was no Jenks in this novel and I would have loved t
Cora
Nov 04, 2014 Cora rated it did not like it
The story line is weak. The art is good but all the female characters have the same body. Rachel and Ivy are not describe as looking that similar in the books.
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Story is interesting, same with the characters. Might read the books. Good sequel.
Marian
Jan 02, 2014 Marian rated it liked it
I wanted to like Blood Crime more than I did. As it was, the story wasn't bad and I think if it had been in a short story collection I'd have liked it more. It just seemed kind of a waste to use this story in a graphic novel form, you know? There wasn't anything in it that worked better with visuals and in fact the artwork works against the story here more often than not.

David Wickham
Excellent!
Renee
Jan 13, 2015 Renee rated it really liked it
3 1/2 to 4 stars
Fans of The Hollo...: Giveaway - SIGNED copy of Blood Crime by Kim Harrison 5 33 Sep 03, 2013 06:17PM
  • Mercy Thompson: Moon Called, Volume 2
  • Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: The Laughing Corpse Ultimate Collection
  • Angel & Faith: Daddy Issues (Angel & Faith, #2)
  • Demons: Encounters with the Devil and His Minions, Fallen Angels, and the Possessed
  • Spike: The Complete Series
  • The Dresden Files: Storm Front, Volume 2: Maelstrom
  • Box Office Poison (Linnet Ellery, #2)
  • Bounty Hunt (Otherworld Stories, #13.4)
  • Soulless: The Manga, Vol. 3
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: On Your Own (Season 9, #2)
  • The Asylum Interviews: Trixie (The Asylum Tales, #0.6)
  • Hidden Truth (Truth, #2)
  • Gargoyles: Clan Building, Volume 1
Kim Harrison, author of the New York Times #1 best selling Hollows series, was born in Detroit and lived most her her life within an easy drive. She's currently working on the Peri Reed Chronicles, and when not at her desk, is most likely to be found landscaping her new/old Victorian home, in the garden, or on the links.
Kim reaches out to her audience at Facebook https://www.facebook.com/KimHarris
More about Kim Harrison...

The Hollows Graphic Novel (2 books)
  • Blood Work (The Hollows Graphic Novel, #1)