Start by marking “Bombshell: Explosive Medical Secrets That Will Redefine Aging” as Want to Read:
Bombshell: Explosive Medical Secrets That Will Redefine Aging

Bombshell: Explosive Medical Secrets That Will Redefine Aging

Are you ready to rethink and redefine your approach to aging? This powerhouse book tells you how to go from dreading it to making it the greatest passage of your life!

Dubbed a health pioneer by the Wall Street Journal and called “crazy smart” by Dr. Mehmet Oz, Suzanne Somers has repeatedly opened up new terrain to health seekers worldwide. And now, with Bombshell, she doe
Published May 8th 2012 by Harmony (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Bombshell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bombshell

Alice
Jan 22, 2017 Alice rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a very informative book. I can see how some readers might feel overwhelmed by the information if most of this topic is fairly new to them. LOVED it! I can't wait reading a few other books by Ms. Somers.
Laura Larson
Jul 02, 2012 Laura Larson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was absolutely fascinating. I find myself wishing I had all these doctors to help me figure out a health plan for me and my future. BUT all of that takes a lot of money, which all celebrities (including Suzanne Somers) HAS. So I get a little frustrated with all the things they're able to change in their life because they have MONEY! But aside from that fact (that all of this costs money) , I am still grateful for all the wonderful knowledge in this book. I learned a lot about what step ...more
Charmin
Oct 10, 2013 Charmin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: health
Highlights:
1. Daily= Vitamin C, eat clean, exercise, take supplements, and get quality sleep. Cut out: stress, sugar, processed foods. Detox to help clean out the liver. Keep the body more alkaline.
2. Learned: Testing for inflammation is as important as testing for cholesterol (high-sensitivity C-reactive protein test). Skin and hair are good indicators of interior health.
3. Putting vegetables in blender releases nutrients for absorption. After 92 years old, your body doesn’t age anymore.
Mandy
Jul 14, 2012 Mandy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book took me totally by surprise. It was absolutely fascinating to read about the new technologies that are currently available or will be available in the near future of medicine and curing disease. The overarching theme of the book was to educate yourself and to not assume that western medicine is always the answer. The author places heavy emphasis on eating healthy, clean foods, exercising, sleeping properly, reducing stress, and on nutritional supplements. Although I'm well educated abo ...more
Jack Koford
Mar 29, 2015 Jack Koford rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
From the title and the author, I normally would not be likely to seek out this book, but it was suggested by a physician friend of mine. Very readable book and GREAT information presented. The book is a series of interviews with experts in various health-related topics. Whether you agree with the "experts" or not, it is worth your while to take a look.

Get over thinking of Suzanne Somers as a "dumb blonde" or as the queen of the thigh-master. Mainstream medicine may dismiss much of what she says
Nikki
Jul 07, 2012 Nikki rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great book by Somers. She interviews anti-aging doctors who work with the most advanced medical techniques for helping people age well. This book is full of really interesting information. Somers does a great service by bringing medical knowledge to an audience otherwise oblivious. She has been criticized by some as being one who embraces 'kook' medicine. She has, however, been vindicated by the fact that much of what she has preached in the past is now becoming mainstream. A great book ...more
Angela Whiting
This book was a little difficult to read -- I didn't understand all of it because some parts were pretty technical/medical. The book did have a lot of good information though and great hopes for the future of medicine and prevention of diseases such as cancer. I will definitely start thinking twice about the things I put into my body.
Andrea
Mar 09, 2016 Andrea rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a good read in the sense that I am fascinated by the human body and all of the science behind it. It was informative and interesting. However, it is written by a celebrity with vast amounts of time and money to be spending on anti-aging pills and medical procedures. It was mostly far-fetched for the average person to strive for.
Sue Labadi
Jul 04, 2016 Sue Labadi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
From the time I started Bombshell: Explosive Medical Secrets That Will Redefine Aging, I took copious notes. Then I got busy with life's demands...and just re-read until completion. This book has so much useful information and resources that I will use to refine and verify my own anti-aging protocol.
Vicki
Jun 30, 2012 Vicki rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lot's of interesting stuff. Some I felt was very good and helpful and some that was over the top! A good book to weed though and help you think about your health and how you can age in a healthy and positive manner.
Linda Burke
Jun 22, 2012 Linda Burke rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
She couldn't possible use all the supplements she recommends to be used DAILY!
Alfajirikali
Would perhaps find more compelling if the layout of book wasn't so much like an infomercial.
Janey Joseph
Jul 17, 2012 Janey Joseph rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very informative, she has done her research and is fortunate to the resources of sharing it Thank you for that.
Debbie Stclaire
Very interesting. Makes me hopeful about reversing the aging process
Grace P.
May 27, 2012 Grace P. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
lot of good ideas.
Nancy Sievert
Aug 30, 2013 Nancy Sievert rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Awesome
Evan
Mar 26, 2013 Evan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The magnum opus of modern America
Janet
May 24, 2012 Janet rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book is DANGEROUS ridiculous pseudo-science ... avoid at all costs if you value your health and your life!
Linda
Nov 12, 2012 Linda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lots of supplements, and strict diet, might work.
Rebecca
Jul 19, 2012 Rebecca rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lots of little tips and really detail information about her replacement breast surgery she received . Also the importance of Vitamin K2 for our vein health.
Michelle
Jan 18, 2017 Michelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Always relevant & great info!
Cheri
Oct 30, 2014 Cheri rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great information!
Roland
Jun 21, 2012 Roland rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
great. I want to learn as much about aging as i can, and what to do to age well.
E. Scott Harvey
Aug 17, 2012 E. Scott Harvey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Never thought I would read a Suzanne Somers book, but I'm glad I did!!!

She is really helping to expose a large cross-section of America to cutting edge alternative health protocols.
Shelly Gross
Oct 22, 2013 Shelly Gross rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Almost too much information. I had to take a break from reading it & read a novel before finishing it.
Julia
May 11, 2012 Julia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good information.
Julia Guth
Jul 20, 2013 Julia Guth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great new ideas with how to action tips and resources. A bit new agey for me but she does try to get scientific backup for sone things.
Lucy Chronicles
Lucy Chronicles rated it really liked it
Jul 26, 2015
Peg
Peg rated it liked it
May 02, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • The Skinnygirl Rules: For Getting and Staying Naturally Thin
  • Excitotoxins: The Taste that Kills
  • 20 Years Younger: Look Younger, Feel Younger, Be Younger!
  • Unleash the Power of the Female Brain: Supercharging Yours for Better Health, Energy, Mood, Focus, and Sex
  • Karmic Management: The Secret Laws of Karma that will Create Success in All Aspects of Your Life
  • Running SUCKS! How to Run for Fast Weight Loss - For Busy Women Who HATE Running
  • Holy Sonnets
  • Danielle Walker's Against All Grain: Joyful, 25 Christmas and Holiday Gluten-free, Grain-free and Paleo Recipes
  • True Freedom: On Protecting Human Dignity and Religious Liberty
  • The Reiki Manual: A Training Guide for Reiki Students, Practitioners, and Masters
  • Adrenal Fatigue: The 21st Century Stress Syndrome
  • The Gift of Forgiveness: A Magical Encounter with Don Miguel Ruiz
  • 10 Pounds in 10 Days: The Secret Celebrity Program for Losing Weight Fast
  • The Cortisol Connection: Why Stress Makes You Fat and Ruins Your Health � And What You Can Do About It
  • The Biggest Loser Success Secrets: The Wisdom, Motivation, and Inspiration to Lose Weight--and Keep It Off!
  • The Souls of Animals
  • Everyday Cooking with Dr. Dean Ornish
  • The Wrinkle Cure: Unlock the Power of Cosmeceuticals for Supple, Youthful Skin

Suzanne Somers is an American actress, author, and businesswoman. Best known for her role as the ditzy blonde Chrissy Snow on the ABC sitcom Three's Company, she also had a noted starring role on the sitcom Step by Step as Carol Foster Lambert. She later capitalized on her acting career by also establishing he
More about Suzanne Somers...