Start by marking “Michael Symon's Carnivore: 120 Recipes for Meat Lovers” as Want to Read:
Michael Symon's Carnivore: 120 Recipes for Meat Lovers

Michael Symon's Carnivore: 120 Recipes for Meat Lovers

4.19 of 5 stars 4.19  ·  rating details  ·  163 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Celebrity chef, restaurateur, and meat lover Michael Symon—of Food Network’s Iron Chef America and ABC’s The Chew—shares his wealth of knowledge and more than 100 killer recipes for steaks, chops, wings, and lesser-known cuts.

Fans across the country adore Michael Symon for his big, charismatic personality and his seriously delicious food. But there's one thing Michael is k
Published October 16th 2012 by Clarkson Potter (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Michael Symon's Carnivore, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Michael Symon's Carnivore

David Williams
Michael Simon talking about meat, what's not to like? The layout is excellent, the tone is enjoyable conversational and the veggie recipes are awesome.

Book received for free through Goodreads First Reads program.
Darryl Attwell
Bacon!!!! I lived this book!
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
Let me preface this by saying, I cook. A lot. I call it a hobby, others call it an obsession, Sur La Table & Whole Foods call it a windfall. I've made many, many recipes by a whole host of chefs & I can honestly say I usually tinker with most recipes. There are 2 chefs I never alter their recipes-Micheal Symon & Thomas Keller. Why mess with perfection? And before I go any further there is a recipe that he's made on his show for spicy potatoes that's the shit, the bee's knees, the cat ...more
Bunny
I'm pretty much a fraud for even picking this up at the library, for two reasons.

1) John Besh should've won Next Iron Chef. I've never forgiven that show for picking Symon over him.

2) I'm only 1/4 carnivore. I don't eat lamb, or bunnies (OB-viously). I eat steak maybe once ever four months, and it's the cheapest kind every time because, you know. Poor. My go-to protein is chicken, and even then, it's simple chicken breasts, browned down, breaded, or baked.

However. This was on the new book shelf
Joan
If you enjoy meat then this is the book for you. If you've ever wanted to try your hand at making your own hot dogs, bacon, pastarimi, sausage, or corned beef, then this is the book for you. If you want some new recipes for cooking beef, pork, lamb, goat, poultry or game then this is the book for you. There is even a chapter on sides to go with your meat dishes.

Michael Symon gives you tips on the best ways to cook the cuts of meat you choose for your family as well as suggestions for sides to ro
Lee
chefs don't always put out the best cookbooks for everyday cooking for the non chef. I'm sure his food is delicious, but I'm not going to stuff my own sausage, buy a pork tongue to make head cheese, or eat such things as lamb necks, rabbit thighs, or animal livers.

Rebecca
I like his style of cooking and the layout of this cookbook. There is something for everyone and all types of meat are separated into categories. If you have a hungry husband or are a meat eater yourself, there is a recipe for you. I won't ever find or cook wild boar, but it's in there too!
Joanne
I got this from the library to see if I wanted to add it to my ever-expanding cookbook collection. Although I really enjoyed reading it and it had some great recipes, it won't be going on my shelves, however. I like to cook, but an Iron Chef I am not, and a lot of the recipes were geared toward serious cooks! There are recipes for making your own sausages and even hot dogs, not to mention a whole chapter devoted to game. Symon also has some great recipes for offal that look great if you have a m ...more
Gail
I won this book in a first reads free giveaway but I still have not received my copy..I received my copy yesterday in the mail. There are some pretty interesting recipes in the book. I don't eat any wild game and some of the recipes seem pretty intense. I will be using this book as part of my gift swap gift for Christmas. Thanks for the free copy.
I just had to tell you that my son-in-law just loves the book. I had used the book with an Outback Gift Card as my swap gift and my son-in-law kept try
Dorothy
There are some really great and easy recipes in this book. I haven't book an actual hardcover book in a few years, but Michael Symon was doing a book signing at the local Barnes & Noble so I wanted to get it signed. He is such a sincere person and if you had any questions about any of the recipes in the book you could write him and he would definitely respond. They are so simple and clear though there shouldn't be any problems making these. If you love meat, any kind, even chicken you will l ...more
Tammy
I received this as a giveaway from good reads. It has a lot of useful tips but the recipes consist of ingredients most people do not have. Also there are techniques that many people will never use. The pictures are enticing I just can't see myself ever smoking my own bacon. For those reasons it did not receive a five star.
Bonnie
Some great recipes in here, and its hard not to love a book that loves Cleveland so very, very much. However, if you've never seen the man cook or are otherwise unfamiliar with his work, there are times when you will be absolutely lost. Less a cookbook and more a 'recipes from our show/restaurant' book.
Heather
He wasn't kidding about this book being almost all meat...what I especially appreciate is that is is all meats from headcheese to tripe to calf liver, done in a way that isn't intimidating. For an Iron Chef this book is easy peasy with not too much ingredients and simple processes.
Nicole
These are not recipes for the everyday home cook. Who has the time to grind their own sausage? Not my kind of food, nut I love Michael Symon as both a chef and a tv personality, and the directions for the recipes were clear and easy to understand.
Kristen
Great cookbook for meat lovers!!! There are a ton of great tips.... starting with purchasing to the best way to prepare each cut of meat to side dishes to accompany them. Michael Symon is the bomb!
Jesselyn
I actually rented this from the library and loved it so much I bought it!
Great recipes for my carnivore hubby who cannot understand the world's obsession with quinoa and gluten free...
Jeff
Gathered a couple good ideas. I will definitely be attempting to home cure/smoke my own bacon and pastrami.
Wendy
I don't eat a lot of meat, and I hardly ever cook it at home, but I adore Michael Symon!!
Patti
Beautiful pictures and great reading. But the recipes are not for the average home cook.
Janet
I liked it enough and found some things I want to try making
Melinda
Melinda is currently reading it
Dec 12, 2014
Christian Harris
Christian Harris marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
Damone Jackson
Damone Jackson is currently reading it
Dec 03, 2014
  • Now Eat This! Italian: Favorite Dishes from the Real Mamas of Italy--All Under 350 Calories
  • The Chew: Food. Life. Fun.
  • Cooking with Love: Comfort Food that Hugs You
  • Martha's American Food: A Celebration of Our Nation's Most Treasured Dishes, from Coast to Coast
  • Baked Elements: The Importance of Being Baked in 10 Favorite Ingredients: The Importance of Being Baked in 10 Favorite Ingredients
  • Made With Love: The Meals On Wheels Family Cookbook
  • Let's Eat: Recipes from My Kitchen Notebook
  • Ten Dollar Dinners: 140 Recipes and Tips for Delicious, Budget-Friendly Meals the Whole Family Can Enjoy
  • Waffles: Fun Recipes for Every Meal
  • The Preservation Kitchen: The Craft of Making and Cooking with Pickles, Preserves, and Aigre-doux
  • True Food: Seasonal, Sustainable, Simple, Pure
  • Cook Like a Rock Star: 125 Recipes, Lessons, and Culinary Secrets
  • The Best of America's Test Kitchen: The Year's Best Recipes, Equipment Reviews, and Tastings
  • The Epicurious Cookbook: More Than 250 of Our Best-Loved Four-Fork Recipes for Weeknights, Weekends & Special Occasions
  • Little Flower: Recipes from the Cafe
  • Barefoot Contessa Foolproof: Recipes You Can Trust
  • 200 Appetizers
  • Relish: An Adventure in Food, Style, and Everyday Fun
Michael Symon's Live to Cook: Recipes and Techniques to Rock Your Kitchen Michael Symon's 5 in 5: 5 Fresh Ingredients + 5 Minutes = 120 Fantastic Dinners Vitamix Create Recipes The Chew: What's for Dinner?: Over 100 Mouthwatering Recipes to Make Your Weeknights Easy and Your Weekends Sensational The Chew: Food. Life. Fun.