Start by marking “The Adventures of Little Nutbrown Hare” as Want to Read:
The Adventures of Little Nutbrown Hare

The Adventures of Little Nutbrown Hare (Little Nutbrown Hare / Mały brązowy zajączek)

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  103 ratings  ·  16 reviews
The beloved Nutbrown Hares hop back in four exciting new stories from the author of the best-selling Guess How Much I Love You stories.

Just like young children everywhere, Little Nutbrown Hare likes to explore, play, venture out into the world, and sometimes just savor the comfort of being at home with loved ones. But whatever he does, and wherever he goes, Big Nutbrown Ha
Published August 28th 2012 by Candlewick (first published August 14th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Adventures of Little Nutbrown Hare, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Adventures of Little Nutbrown Hare

Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice SendakThe Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric CarleGreen Eggs and Ham by Dr. SeussThe Cat in the Hat by Dr. SeussBrown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin Jr.
Best Childhood Picture Books
81st out of 307 books — 354 voters
The Runaway Bunny by Margaret Wise BrownGoodnight Moon by Margaret Wise BrownThe Velveteen Rabbit by Margery WilliamsThe Adventures of Bunny and Jody by Mandy GrayPat the Bunny by Dorothy Kunhardt
Best Picture Books about Rabbits
34th out of 96 books — 22 voters

More lists with this book...

Vera Godley
The Adventures of Little Nutbrown Hare is an absolutely beautiful book illustrated in delightful watercolors by Anita Jeram. The author, Sam McBratney, also wrote the best-selling classic Guess How Much I Love You. Teamed together, Jeram and McBratney have collaborated to bring us four short stories about Little Nutbrown Hare as he explores the world around him.

He is cautioned by his father, Big Nutbrown Hare, of the dangers; yet he is given some room to explore and make decisions. Little Nutbro
Margaret
If you’re a Creative Madness Mama fan, you might remember a couple months ago my sharing a new book love of Little Chick by Amy Hest as they were coming out in separate board books I was loving the all-in-one omnibus edition of the stories. This is similar with Little Nutbrown Hare. How often do you find picture books that you just love to read again and again with your children and then wish there was more to the story. Now with this fabulous picture book there is more adventures for you to rea ...more
Kristina Silverbears
A collection of cute father/son stories. This collection is even better than the classic "Guess How Much I Love You" featuring the same characters because there is no competition between the father and son. Each of the four stories features its own theme which allows the reader to discuss its message with their children. Definitely a book babies can grow up with.
E.  Talamante
A sweet addition for fans of 'Guess how Much I Love You' and the television series of the same name. Little Nutbrown Hare goes on four new adventures, taking Big Nutbrown Hare with him. Beautiful illustrations allow you to tell your own stories with your Little Nutbrown Hare - I know we did!
Rebecca
Very cute -- almost an oversize early reader, with four short stories about Little Nutbrown Hare. I especially like the one about hearing the voice of Big Nutbrown Hare cautioning, and how it becomes the voice of caution inside Little Nutbrown Hare's head. I think this captures something amazingly simple/complex about the parent/child relationship. I also like how Big Nutbrown Hare is never specified to be mother, father, or big sibling, etc: he is just a genderless guardian.

No love for the ski
Tonya
Read when I was a child. Good Book!
Karen Arendt
I loved Guess How Much I Love you and especially loved reading it to my children when they were young. This new story featuring Little Nutbrown Hare is a picture book of four chapters. Little Nutbrown Hare attempts to spread his wings and become more independent from Dad while always feeling more secure when Dad is around. He expresses the exact feelings children do when told no, yet the story still is full of love and understanding. A perfect addition.
Pamela
Little Nutbrown Hare has to decide what he'll do when he finds himself in front of an intriguing hole that, earlier in the day, his parent (mom or dad, is not clear) warned him about. But that hole looks so interesting. I asked younger kids to predict what Little Nutbrown Hare would decide to do when he was on his own. Then we looked at what the author wrote. Author's choice surprised many.
Laura DeLuca

This is a wonderful story for preschool aged children. It teaches children about being careful with their exploration, but also to appreciate the adults who try to protect them. My daughter loved the adorable illustrations. Its a story she's had me read to her almost every night since we got it.
Allison
Four short stories about Little Nutbrown Hare all in one book. These stories are adorable, and teach a life lesson in each one, as Big Nutbrown Hare guides and takes care of Little. It's a really great father-son (or grown up-little kid) story.
Paula
While exploring their surroundings, Big and Little Nutbrown Hare play hide-and-seek in a giant tree, blow dandelions atop a mountain, and chase daddy longlegs across a field. Four seperate story with these two as the main characters
Tiffany
"The Adventures of Little Nutbrown Hare" is a beautifully illustrated collection of short stories for young children. I was thrilled when my husband won this book in a giveaway, as it makes a wonderful addition to the girls' library.
Lillian Angelovic
Sweet stories of the Little Nutbrown Hare which show, yet again, just how much that Big Nutbrown Hare loves him. Beautiful drawings and wonderful stories.
Emily
My 3YO daughter and I both really enjoy this one, and the artwork is beautiful.
Ann Babcock
Loved it! Can't wait to buy it for my granddaughter!
PWRL
Gabby
Gabby added it
Nov 07, 2014
Ashley Edmondson
Ashley Edmondson marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2014
Caitlin Wildsmith
Caitlin Wildsmith marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2014
moshie
moshie marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
Maran
Maran marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
  • Charley's First Night
  • Because Amelia Smiled
  • Dinosaur vs. the Library
  • Penguin and Pinecone
  • Christmas Wombat
  • The Town Mouse and the Country Mouse
  • Where Do Diggers Sleep at Night?
  • What To Do If An Elephant Stands On Your Foot
  • I Am So Handsome
  • Mousetronaut: Based on a (Partially) True Story
  • Otto the Book Bear
  • A Bus Called Heaven
The Northern Ireland native started writing children's books when he was a teacher in his thirties, with the aim of helping out students who had trouble reading. But he continued writing for a more-personal reason: "the act of imagining simply makes me feel good," he says. The fifty-seventh book of Sam McBratney's career, and his first book with Candlewick Press, was the much-loved GUESS HOW MUCH ...more
More about Sam McBratney...
Guess How Much I Love You You're All My Favorites I Love It When You Smile Yes We Can! When I'm Big: A Guess How Much I Love You Storybook