Start by marking “The Adventures of Little Nutbrown Hare” as Want to Read:
The Adventures of Little Nutbrown Hare

The Adventures of Little Nutbrown Hare (Little Nutbrown Hare)

3.98  ·  Rating Details  ·  126 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
The beloved Nutbrown Hares hop back in four exciting new stories from the author of the best-selling Guess How Much I Love You stories.

Just like young children everywhere, Little Nutbrown Hare likes to explore, play, venture out into the world, and sometimes just savor the comfort of being at home with loved ones. But whatever he does, and wherever he goes, Big Nutbrown Ha
Published August 28th 2012 by Candlewick (first published August 14th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Adventures of Little Nutbrown Hare, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Adventures of Little Nutbrown Hare

Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice SendakThe Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric CarleGreen Eggs and Ham by Dr. SeussThe Cat in the Hat by Dr. SeussBrown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin Jr.
Best Childhood Picture Books
99th out of 380 books — 406 voters
The Runaway Bunny by Margaret Wise BrownGoodnight Moon by Margaret Wise BrownThe Velveteen Rabbit by Margery WilliamsKnuffle Bunny Too by Mo WillemsThe Adventures of Bunny and Jody by Mandy Gray
Best Picture Books about Rabbits
37th out of 103 books — 25 voters

More lists with this book...

Vera Godley
Mar 11, 2013 Vera Godley rated it it was amazing
The Adventures of Little Nutbrown Hare is an absolutely beautiful book illustrated in delightful watercolors by Anita Jeram. The author, Sam McBratney, also wrote the best-selling classic Guess How Much I Love You. Teamed together, Jeram and McBratney have collaborated to bring us four short stories about Little Nutbrown Hare as he explores the world around him.

He is cautioned by his father, Big Nutbrown Hare, of the dangers; yet he is given some room to explore and make decisions. Little Nutbro
Margaret
Aug 06, 2012 Margaret rated it really liked it
Recommended to Margaret by: Candlewick Press
If you’re a Creative Madness Mama fan, you might remember a couple months ago my sharing a new book love of Little Chick by Amy Hest as they were coming out in separate board books I was loving the all-in-one omnibus edition of the stories. This is similar with Little Nutbrown Hare. How often do you find picture books that you just love to read again and again with your children and then wish there was more to the story. Now with this fabulous picture book there is more adventures for you to rea ...more
Kristina Silverbears
Sep 09, 2014 Kristina Silverbears rated it really liked it
Shelves: babies
A collection of cute father/son stories. This collection is even better than the classic "Guess How Much I Love You" featuring the same characters because there is no competition between the father and son. Each of the four stories features its own theme which allows the reader to discuss its message with their children. Definitely a book babies can grow up with.
Erma Talamante
Jul 21, 2014 Erma Talamante rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kid-s
A sweet addition for fans of 'Guess how Much I Love You' and the television series of the same name. Little Nutbrown Hare goes on four new adventures, taking Big Nutbrown Hare with him. Beautiful illustrations allow you to tell your own stories with your Little Nutbrown Hare - I know we did!
Rebecca
Very cute -- almost an oversize early reader, with four short stories about Little Nutbrown Hare. I especially like the one about hearing the voice of Big Nutbrown Hare cautioning, and how it becomes the voice of caution inside Little Nutbrown Hare's head. I think this captures something amazingly simple/complex about the parent/child relationship. I also like how Big Nutbrown Hare is never specified to be mother, father, or big sibling, etc: he is just a genderless guardian.

No love for the ski
Melanie
Little Nutbrown Hare and Big Nutbrown Hare return in this 4 story picture book. The two play hide-and-seek, develop courage, learn boundaries, and feel safe.
Julie
Mar 03, 2015 Julie rated it liked it
A collection of short stories for fans of Nutbrown Hare.
Tonya
Aug 12, 2014 Tonya rated it liked it
Read when I was a child. Good Book!
Shu Xiao
Feb 25, 2015 Shu Xiao rated it really liked it
Karen Arendt
Nov 27, 2012 Karen Arendt rated it really liked it
I loved Guess How Much I Love you and especially loved reading it to my children when they were young. This new story featuring Little Nutbrown Hare is a picture book of four chapters. Little Nutbrown Hare attempts to spread his wings and become more independent from Dad while always feeling more secure when Dad is around. He expresses the exact feelings children do when told no, yet the story still is full of love and understanding. A perfect addition.
Pamela
Little Nutbrown Hare has to decide what he'll do when he finds himself in front of an intriguing hole that, earlier in the day, his parent (mom or dad, is not clear) warned him about. But that hole looks so interesting. I asked younger kids to predict what Little Nutbrown Hare would decide to do when he was on his own. Then we looked at what the author wrote. Author's choice surprised many.
Debbie
Jun 07, 2015 Debbie rated it really liked it
An absolutely adorable continuation to Guess How Much I Love You. There's maybe not a plot across the stories, but there is definitely a motif that weaves through - tying the setting of each story together - and the final story in the collection is as nostalgic and sweet as Guess How Much I Love You.
Laura DeLuca
Nov 28, 2012 Laura DeLuca rated it it was amazing

This is a wonderful story for preschool aged children. It teaches children about being careful with their exploration, but also to appreciate the adults who try to protect them. My daughter loved the adorable illustrations. Its a story she's had me read to her almost every night since we got it.
Allison
Sep 21, 2012 Allison rated it it was amazing
Four short stories about Little Nutbrown Hare all in one book. These stories are adorable, and teach a life lesson in each one, as Big Nutbrown Hare guides and takes care of Little. It's a really great father-son (or grown up-little kid) story.
Paula
While exploring their surroundings, Big and Little Nutbrown Hare play hide-and-seek in a giant tree, blow dandelions atop a mountain, and chase daddy longlegs across a field. Four seperate story with these two as the main characters
Tiffany
"The Adventures of Little Nutbrown Hare" is a beautifully illustrated collection of short stories for young children. I was thrilled when my husband won this book in a giveaway, as it makes a wonderful addition to the girls' library.
Lillian Angelovic
Jan 01, 2013 Lillian Angelovic rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
Sweet stories of the Little Nutbrown Hare which show, yet again, just how much that Big Nutbrown Hare loves him. Beautiful drawings and wonderful stories.
Emily
Mar 20, 2013 Emily rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
My 3YO daughter and I both really enjoy this one, and the artwork is beautiful.
Ann Babcock
Feb 17, 2013 Ann Babcock rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Can't wait to buy it for my granddaughter!
PWRL
Apr 23, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2013-new
A
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2016
Kate Bracy
Kate Bracy marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2016
Gwyn
Gwyn marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2016
Halima
Halima marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2016
Chris
Chris rated it really liked it
Jan 20, 2016
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2016
Beck
Beck added it
Dec 30, 2015
Anne G.
Anne G. rated it really liked it
Dec 20, 2015
  • What To Do If an Elephant Stands On Your Foot
  • Squeak, Rumble, Whomp! Whomp! Whomp!: A Sonic Adventure
  • Dog Loves Drawing
  • The Daddy Mountain
The Northern Ireland native started writing children's books when he was a teacher in his thirties, with the aim of helping out students who had trouble reading. But he continued writing for a more-personal reason: "the act of imagining simply makes me feel good," he says. The fifty-seventh book of Sam McBratney's career, and his first book with Candlewick Press, was the much-loved GUESS HOW MUCH ...more
More about Sam McBratney...

Little Nutbrown Hare (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • Guess How Much I Love You
  • I Love It When You Smile
  • When I'm Big: A Guess How Much I Love You Storybook
  • Guess How Much I Love You All Year Round
  • My Baby Book: Based on Guess How Much I Love You
  • Colors Everywhere (Guess How Much I Love You)
  • Let's Play in the Snow: A Guess How Much I Love You Storybook