Start by marking “Deadline (The Deadline Saga, Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Deadline (The Deadline Saga, Book 1)
Preview

Deadline (The Bayou Secrets Saga #1)

4.31 of 5 stars 4.31  ·  rating details  ·  193 ratings  ·  30 reviews
See new and improved edition
Paperback, This version no longer relevant-New edition available, 306 pages
Published February 9th 2012 (first published February 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Deadline, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deadline

Judy McDonough
Jun 13, 2014 Judy McDonough rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
So much better than the old version. I even surprised myself. :)
Will
I'm very particular about the type of books I read. If you look at my "read shelf" you will notice a pattern in the types of books I devote my time to. I purchased a copy of this book intrigued by the paranormal aspect of it, the love story in Deadline was expected, but still caught me completely by surprise. I joked with a friend about my feelings for one of the characters, and she hinted at certain things and and I felt it upset me. I felt as if I was a part of the love story, I was a part of ...more
Kacy
I was very much wanting to read this book! Once I started, I couldn't stop! Judy is such a talented author! This book has a wonderful flow to it! I can't wait to read the next books in the series! Awesome story! I'm extremely proud of my old friend! :)
Ashley Marie
So this is my first time ever leaving a review about a book... However...

THIS BOOK WAS AMAZING!!!
I just got it in the mail Saturday && spent most of my time reading it because I could not put it down. I am so excited to read the next book in this series. I absolutely love Cade!! I adore this series already && it has become one of my favorite books I have ever had the pleasure of reading! So THANK YOU Judy McDonough for writing such an incredible book! I am seriously looking forw
Kimberlie
The characters were probably my favorite part of this story. Each was unique and different from the others. Caroline tackles her problems head-on, Trevor is the fiance with *something* up his sleeve, Cade is the charming Bayou boy she wasn't expecting to meet, and a cast of others including her long-lost father, a manipulative step-mother, two siblings, a best friend, and most importantly, the ghost of her gr-gr-gr grandmother.

The beginning starts off strong and pulls you right in! The first cha
Jackie
can hardly wait for the next part of the saga-smile
Sherrie Graham
One of the best books I have read in a very long time. Couldn't put it down and I can't wait for book #2!
Cheryl
Romance filled with suspense and ghosts!!

This was such a great story I am almost afraid to look for the next book in the series in case it's not ready yet. Caroline and Caden developed such a sweet and charming romance that just lightened my heart. Good thing she comes to her senses and throw in her Chicago fiance life turns upside down for her add in an old relative haunting her dreams and her bedroom this is not a story that should be missed. Deliciously sweet with wide eye innocence its a won
Tabitha Ormiston-Smith
This book, like many independently published novels, is rather rough and could have done with editing. In particular, the constant switching of tense made it difficult for me to read and gave me a headache.

However, the story was a good one and I was interested right up to the end. I thought more could have been made of some of the minor characters, and in general character development seems not to be one of this writer's strengths, which lean more to the plot itself, but I did enjoy the book des
Ana Hovhannisyan
what an interesting book i was completely hooked!
Adrienne Testa
Ms. McDonough is a master story telling weaving a story that keeps you turning the pages until the every end. A mystery, a paranormal with romance and some humor, she its it all in this story. You can't help but get involved with the characters and cheer when Caroline finally steps up and is honest with herself and her feelings. The secrets and mysteries of two families from the deep south are uncovered and played out in the present day. While one family is seeking revenge and another is learnin ...more
Mama Moon
I bought this book after a childhood friend of mine recommended that I read it.(The author is a friend of hers) So I decided I would give it a shot and help out a new author by writing a review.

Sweet Caroline……..you had me at that! What a great beginning to a new series. I found that I totally related to the characters, I fell in love with Cade the minute that Caroline ran into his naked body! (OMG and what a body he has!) Kristy and Caroline have a great BFF relationship, it’s awesome to know t
Alyson Mitcham
This is a must read! I am not much of a reader but the author is a friend of mine so I wanted to check it out. Could not put it down. I couldn't wait to get the kids bedded down so I could have my alone time with Deadline. You won't be disappointed. Can't wait until Lifeline!
I loved it! Being a Louisiana native I'm usually disappointed in the way it's culture and language are depicted but "wow, you nailed it"! Downloading the next one tonight. Beautiful love story and the mystery has me so anxious!
Emily
Sep 04, 2014 Emily rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: ghost fans
Recommended to Emily by: free ebook on Amazon
A Bayou based romance with a side of ghostly paranormal.

This was a great read...a few grammatical errors here and there, but not enough to distract me.

The story itself is very good. I loved Cade. Yummo.
C. Noelle
I received an ARC of Deadline by Judy McDonough and began reading just as a cool front arrived. The wind was howling in the windows and I had a cup of hot tea in hand - a perfect setting in which to enjoy this story.

Being in love with the South and romanced by Louisiana history and culture, I enjoyed following Caroline on her journey to discover more about her past. Even more enjoyable was watching her fall more truly in love with someone she did not expect to find in the Bayou.

If you love a goo
Denise  Davis
Deadline

loved this book couldn't put it down was so enthralled and became a part in the book itself as I read it
Marilyn
Good

this book is all about how the great grandmother from the past helped the women to keep her from being killed..
Elizabeth Cribb
Amazing book!! There were times that I wanted Caroline to open her eyes and see Trevor for what he was.
Kerryn Taylor
I liked the plot combining the spiritual/paranormal and genealogy but the relationships and romance were too over the top for me.
Nancy
This was an excellent book, I would highly recommend this book to any one who want's an excellent read. I look forward to reading more of this author's work.
Haley Schnurr
Awesome book! Highly recommended!!!!
Kara O'Neal
What a wonderful setting for a historical mystery! I loved delving into the past with Caroline. And Cade is absolutely HOT! The author was able to create a hero who was forward but respectful at the same time. I instantly fell in love with him. The only thing I didn't like was the heroine's thought process or reasoning for staying with her fiance, but this didn't interfere with my want to keep reading. If you love secrets from the past and heroes who save their women from it, this is the book fo ...more
Kristin Young
I couldn't wait to read this book. When I started reading it, I couldn't put it down. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time, anticipating what would happen next. I hope the sequel comes along quickly, I can't wait to find out what Caroline & Cade are up to next.
Krystal Mccoy
This book is very well written. You cringe when the heroine does something embarrassing! It has several points of view, which are interesting, and a great plot!
Labeth
I loved this book and so proud of a home town Beebe girl. I loved all the southern sayings throughout the book....many I have heard all my life. Can't wait for book 2!
Sprgrni
Excellent debut novel. Romance, mystery and paranormal activity keeps reader intrigued.
Laurie
Really enjoyed this book. I'm hoping the next one will be just as good!
Desha
Ready for book 2!
Shawna Brooks
Shawna Brooks marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
  • Awakening (The Lewis Legacy Series, #1)
  • The Curious Case Of The Clockwork Menace (London Steampunk, #3.5)
  • Reckless for Cowboy (Stampede Sizzler, #2)
  • Soul Search
  • Bound to the Highlander (Highland Chiefs, #1)
  • Jump (The Senses, #1)
  • Recovery (Nicci Beauvoir #2)
  • Victoria's Demon Lover
  • An Unholy Communion (Monastery Murders, #3)
  • Ascension (Shadow and Light Trilogy, #1)
  • Darlin' Druid (Texas Druid, #1)
  • Dark Star (Rockers of Storm Crow #3)
  • Millie's Rose
  • Left (Still Standing, #1)
  • The Last Madam: A Life in the New Orleans Underworld
  • Secrets, Spies & Sweet Little Lies (Secrets & Spies, #1)
  • Underground Guardians Box Set (Underground Guardians, #1-2)
  • Bonded In Brazil
5771908
Author of The Bayou Secrets Saga
More about Judy McDonough...

The Bayou Secrets Saga (2 books)
  • Lifeline (The Bayou Secrets Saga, #2)
Lifeline (The Bayou Secrets Saga, #2) Musings Box Set: 14 Authors