Start by marking “Kiss the Crystal Sun” as Want to Read:
Kiss the Crystal Sun

Kiss the Crystal Sun (Spellbound Trilogy #2)

With Nicholas gone and Justin fighting for his soul, Calista attempts to get back to a normal life. But when Ana reveals a shocking secret about the family's past, and Callie discovers the most important truths in her life are lies, she is faced with a devastating choice...One that will change everything.
Published March 15th 2012 (first published March 14th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Kiss the Crystal Sun, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kiss the Crystal Sun

Rebecca
After reading the first book I wasn't sure whether to read the second - but I did...obviously.

This book was much better than the first, more action, more drama and more mystery. But like the first one, it was just...good. Not great but not bad either. Everything is so obvious, I predicted the story myself and got it right. As I mentioned on the first book, although this one isn't as bad, it's still very 'disney-esque'.

Would I read it again or recommend it? No. But it's good for a light read wh
Christina Browne
Jan 29, 2013 Christina Browne rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, gr
calista is starting to get a glimpse of herself when everthing comes crashing down on her everything she thought was the truth was a lie received from goodreads first reads
Emma
Oct 27, 2012 Emma marked it as to-read

Im desperate to read it
But I don't know how
Linda
Feb 02, 2013 Linda rated it really liked it
After reading book 1, I was really gung ho to read book 2. I wasn't disappointed but I almost liked book 1 better which is strange. I think in part because Calista was all over the place in this book.

What is good is she learns more about her past...or better yet, more about her mom and dad's history, how her mom died (but didn't really die), and how she actually has a different father. She learns Nicolas is actually part of the coven that killed her grandfather (which happens to be the same cove
Julie(Reading By The Beach)
Mar 27, 2012 Julie(Reading By The Beach) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arr
View this review and more here -> http://readingbythebeach.blogspot.com...

If you read my review of Witchy, Witchy (book 1 of the Spellbound trilogy), then you know that I liked it, but was not swept away. Well, that was not the case for Kiss The Crystal Sun!

Calista has grown from a character that was somewhat likable to completely lovable, she alone grabbed my attention as she proceeded to grow into a commendable young woman. I desperartely wanted to love Witchy, Witchy and Calista, but now I
Susan
Sep 03, 2012 Susan rated it really liked it
Kiss the Crystal Sun is the second book in the Spellbound Trilogy. Calista's story continues where we left off in Witchy, Witchy. Justin and Nicholas are gone and Calista is left to wonder what will happen and we are left to ponder how she will deal with them the situation.As any true reader will know, there is always going to be more to the story than just the current story line.

Penelope King must begin to reveal more about Calista in order for us to find out who she really is...and so she did.
Heather Boustead
Kiss the Crystal Sun
Book Two of the Spellbound Trilogy
By Penelope King

Calista isn’t an ordinary girl she recently found out that the special powers she has always exhibited have come from a long line of witches, but when she was a baby her mother placed a spell on her that made her all but invisible to the rest of her maternal family and when her mother died she grew up thinking she was the only one of her kind. Soon after she moved to California and met her maternal grandmother she also met the
SarahSmith
Apr 27, 2012 SarahSmith rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-ebooks
I received this from the author after I agreed to read and review the first book in this trilogy Witchy, Witchy, from the ARR Paranormal Romance part of the Making Connections group on Goodreads. For those of you that read my initial review of Witchy, Witchy, you know that I really enjoyed the first book. I didn't think it was possible, but Kiss the Crystal Sun was even better than the first!

I don't want to give anything away, except to say that Calista matured a lot in a short time, which may s
Literary  Chanteuse
Mar 21, 2012 Literary Chanteuse rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-paranormal
This second book in this series started just a tad slower for me in comparison to the first however the further I got into the story it completely had me hooked. The magical journey the heroine goes on is incrededible. The descriptions are vivid and the turmoil that the she is feeling really comes across. She is a character that I really came to like in the first book and there are so many surprises and twists I can't wait to find out what will happen in the the third segment.
Adrienne Testa
Oct 17, 2013 Adrienne Testa rated it liked it
Calista spends her time pining over Nicholas,while he is away trying to rid Justin of the hunter curse. Calista learns her life is a lie and Lily and Sophie knew and didn't tell her. As she is growing closer to Nicholas and trying to save Justin from having his memory erased by the coven she faces a battle with her grand mother.
Mary Armour
Jun 26, 2015 Mary Armour rated it really liked it
Much better :)2nd book
Emily
Sep 30, 2013 Emily rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: ya
Recommended to Emily by: WITCHY, WITCHY
After reading WITCHY, WITCHY, I had no doubts about continuing the series. Like the first book, I enjoyed this ya paranormal romance.
MM
Jun 18, 2015 MM rated it did not like it
50% of the book was spent on fillers describing Cal's anxiety over Justin and Nicholas. This book was quite predictable.
Stitch_Princess
Aug 14, 2012 Stitch_Princess rated it it was amazing
Fantastic sequel completely devoured in less than 24 hours. Couldn't put it down. Cannot wait until October for the third!
Jessica Noble
Dec 05, 2014 Jessica Noble rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love it

Everyone this is a good book. The teen romance between 2 guys and a girl. Calista who will you choose Justin or Nicholas. Find out.
Lisa  Schlottmann
Nov 25, 2012 Lisa Schlottmann rated it really liked it
I liked this one and like the story. I'm annoyed that the third book was due in the summer and is still not out...
Kerry
Jan 27, 2014 Kerry rated it really liked it
Ooooo cliff hanger mal sure you have book three ready to go.
Sheila
Jul 26, 2012 Sheila rated it it was amazing
This book was pretty good. Can't wait to find out what happens in book 3.
Marcia
Oct 19, 2012 Marcia rated it really liked it
Very strong second book. The action keeps going, including some unpredicted twists, and I very much enjoy this magical world.
Samantha Adams
Apr 17, 2012 Samantha Adams rated it it was amazing
Loved it!! Review to come :)
Michelle
Mar 12, 2012 Michelle rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
A little slow at first, but wow what an ending! Can't wait to read the final book to find out what happens.
Sasha
Dec 17, 2012 Sasha rated it really liked it
Great Read! The only reason I am giving it 4 stars is because the into is kinda weird as I think it should have been in the first book. Other than that I can't wait for the 3rd book to come out!!!
Jossie
Jossie rated it it was amazing
Jan 05, 2016
Paul
Paul rated it it was amazing
Feb 24, 2014
Leonor
Leonor rated it liked it
Nov 23, 2014
Brittany
Brittany rated it it was amazing
Nov 15, 2012
Alyssa
Alyssa rated it it was amazing
Dec 19, 2013
Cari Tijerina
Cari Tijerina rated it really liked it
Aug 08, 2013
Nicki
Nicki rated it liked it
Jul 22, 2013
Alyssa Vilas Boas
Alyssa Vilas Boas rated it it was amazing
Dec 19, 2013
  • The Fate of the Muse (Marina's Tales, #3)
  • Cleopatra Ascending (Shadow's Edge, #2)
  • The Forbidden Trilogy (The Forbidden Trilogy #1-3)
  • Neophyte
  • Path of Needles
  • When, At Last, He Found Me (Memoir of a Mermaid, #1)
  • The Sin Collector (The Sin Collector, #1)
  • The Cursed Nile (JJ Sterling, #2)
  • Florence (Florence Waverley, #1)
  • Empyreal Fate
  • Destiny's Revenge (Destiny, #2)
  • The Mirror & The Meretrix (Blackstone & Brenwen, #1)
  • Forever Werewolf
  • The Gatekeeper (The Marenon Chronicles, #2)
  • Blood of Half Gods (Witch Fairy, #5)
  • Reassigned (Codename Fairy Godmother, #1)
  • Simmer (Midnight Fire, #2)
  • Enchanted Ever After (Mystic Circle, #3)
Penelope King is the author of several bestselling Young Adult fantasy-romance novels, including the "Spellbound Trilogy" and the "Demonblood Series."

Penelope graduated from the University of California, Irvine and currently resides in Charlotte, North Carolina

For more information please visit: authorpenelopeking.blogspot.com
More about Penelope King...

Spellbound Trilogy (3 books)
  • Witchy, Witchy (Spellbound Trilogy, #1)
  • Dawn Of The Morningstar (Spellbound Trilogy, #3)