Start by marking “Flipped” as Want to Read:
Flipped

Flipped

3.48 of 5 stars 3.48  ·  rating details  ·  147 ratings  ·  34 reviews
Carter Hope would do just about anything for his best friend. When Mario gets the bright idea to buy a POS house together to flip, Carter swears he's out of his mind.

Unfortunately, Mario Gutierrez is hard to resist. After one weird conversation at a bar, and one meaningful look across their empty beer bottles, Carter isn't sure he's not the one flipping for his friend. The
Published April 21st 2012 by Silver Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Flipped, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flipped

Arthur
Carter and Mario were best friends. Both worked in construction, so it's natural that they planned to flip houses. They bought an upper fixer, and lived there until they could finish the renovation.

House, however, was not the only thing that needed fixing. Years ago, Carter was hurt by his-then-boyfriend that he feared of being bottom. So, he always topped when he had sex. But so did Mario, who just couldn't be bottom.

When one day the best friends realized that they might have developed differen
Serena Yates
This is a story that is as much about friendship and trust as it is about a developing relationship. Even though Mario and Carter are best friends, the issues they encounter when they decide to take things further are not easy to solve. They discover that ‘trust’ does not equal ‘trust’, and that compromise can be more difficult than it sounds.

Carter is a landscape foreman by day and a house-improver over the weekend. He has some real issues – in the form of an idiotic ex who made him suffer thro
Macky ~ Sinfully...Addicted To All Male Romance
On reflection after reading this there's not an awful lot of content but of course when novellas are as short as this its not easy to pack a lot in - but what story there is , is so enjoyable that you can overlook the lack of a more complex plot and just enjoy this friends to lovers story where two best friends realise that friendship is turning into something stronger and they will be great together as lovers if they can get over the glaring problem of them both being tops! How they get over th ...more
Sandra
This was a nice little Kindle freebie. Not super memorable, but I liked the chemistry between the guys, and I'm always a fan of friends-to-lovers. I do usually like an Epilogue to get closure and whatnot, but in this case I didn't find it necessary. I had no doubt that these guys would stay together, and it got a little cheesy and overkill. (view spoiler) ...more
❧Gwen❦
3 Stars~

Sweet Lunch Break Read~

Honestly short stories are not really my thing,however, I do occasionally look for a great short book that I can read when I only have a few minutes to spare.

This worked for my busy day today.

BUT...Overall it is one big Sweet Sexy Scene.

And no that's so not my thing either

BUT...what makes this book likable is reading that this book has TWO TOPS, that fall in lust, and work it out ever so sweetly, and that was AWESOME!

But, be prepared, there is a lot at least for
Bee
This was cute. I really liked the beginning where the friendship was showcased; I warmed to the two characters and thought they had a sound dynamic between them. I also really enjoy the whole friends-to-lovers trope in general, so that part fit me perfectly. It was a sweet story with a lovely friendship, then things escalated quickly between them and there was a lot of sex. Annnndddd… yeah. That’s it. Simple but effective.

I did have some issues with the whole “two tops together would never work”
Serena Yates

Lisa
3.5 stars. I really enjoyed it but wish it would have been a little longer. Since Kris was mentioned significantly, I would have liked to know what happened there. Also would like to know why Mario felt the way he did.

Quick, easy, enjoyable read..
Meggie
Flipped was emotional easy developed story of two best friends and a new possible deeper relationship between them. Sure this story was short, but even so it was a warm romance.
Rachel
Fun, short story. I enjoyed the writing and ease of the characters together.
Camille
Heh...it was okay.

No substance, no real story, just sex and sugar.
Sheilad37
Quick read, would have liked a little more.
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Kindle freebie again 12/3/13!
Lasha
4.5 stars, rounded to 5.

This short novella is a wonderful representation of the friends to lovers trope and was a delightful read. Carter and Mario have been friends for years. Currently they are living together and renovating a house, hoping to ‘flip’ it and make a tidy profit. However, one night something changes in their relationship and their close friendship turns even closer.

What I loved about Flipped by Olivia Brynn was the relationship between Carter and Mario. You could feel the history
Valentina Heart
This review was originally written for Hearts on Fire Reviews and can also be found there.

Flipped is a short story about two tops best friends who suddenly realize there is more between them than their friendship.

Mario and Carter bought a house to flip, but while a part of the book, their occupation isn’t all that relevant. To me the most interesting aspect of this story was the relationship between the guys. Their friendship seemed really solid, and their jokes funny enough to have me chucklin
Kelly Liang
This book is about two young kids named Bryce and Juliana. Bryce moves next door to Juliana and Juliana falls head over heels for him, also known as "love at first sight". I like this book cause it's like puppy love/teenage love. In the beginning, Bryce doesn't like Juliana because she raises chicks and sits in trees and he thinks she is wierd. Later on, Juliana begins to wonder if she likes him anymore. Then Bryce begins to see that the odd things about her make her stand out even more. In the ...more
Pia Veleno
A sweet (and hot) friends to lovers story.

Sometimes short stories end with a feeling that something is lacking, but that is definitely not the case with Flipped. I got just enough background about Carter and Mario's friendship to understand what they had and what they were risking. The tale felt complete in and of itself, even if I would like to see more of these two. (Isn't that always the case with a good match?)

This is Brynn's first M/M story, and I hope she writes more of them.
Kyra
May 17, 2012 Kyra rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: shorts
I was thinking between 3.5 and 4 stars but in the end I rounded it up because even though the ending was a bit too sweet for my taste I loved the beginning. I really enjoyed the funny, witty back and forth between two obviously very close friends and I liked how comfortable they were with each other. The chemistry was undeniable and later the sex was very hot. So in this case all that balanced out the slightly sappy ending.
Janie
Awwww, Mario and Carter were perfect for each other. I loved that Carter was brave enough to let Mario top him after his past experience. And I loved that Mario was so loving and gentle with him throughout it. And I especially loved the squeaky porch swing!
Emily Cale
A quick and hot friends-to-lovers story. Even though it is short, there is a lot of tension and build up. Can't wait to read more of Olivia's m/m romances.
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewed by: Valentina
Genre: M/M Contemporary
Rated: 4 hearts

Check out the review on http://heartsonfirereviews.com/
Verona Robinson
This book was great. This was a cute read about friends becoming lovers. This has to go on my read again list.
Gigi
Friends to lovers short story that went right on my favorites shelf. Beautiful with a perfect, extra sappy HEA. :)
K
This was actually pretty fucking good. It just needed to be longer. I'm really sad that it wasn't, tbh.
Jane Harper
It's really more of a half-flip. I was kinda expecting a full 360.
Nancy
Fires of hell hot with touch of sweet. Very short though.
Leaundra
Loved it! So sweet and really hot ;-)
  • Weekend Boyfriend
  • Winter Chill: A Gay Novella
  • Connecting Flight (Turbulence, #4)
  • Lenny for Your Thoughts
  • Supplicant (Dominance, #1)
  • The Park at Sunrise
  • Bayne and Lucas (Dragoste Academy, #1)
  • Hidden Talents (Hidden Talents, #1)
  • Gold Standard
  • The Lord of Twink's Bottom
  • First Impressions (First Impressions, #1)
  • In the Blaze of His Hungers
  • Where I Am Now
  • First Kiss
  • Journal of a Lycanthrophile (Scattered Dark, #1)
  • Alabama Summer
  • First Frost (Neighborly Affection, #3.5; Dino Martini, #2.5; Highlander Heat, #0.5)
  • The One for Me
Olivia's Goodreads account is pretty slim. Look for Alanna Coca's Account (http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/... see what she's reading. To keep Goodreads reader-oriented, Olivia does not leave ratings on books she's read, nor does she comment on reviews, but she appreciates each and every reader who invests time in her work.

Olivia Brynn is the very saucy alter ego of romance author Alanna Coca
More about Olivia Brynn...
Falling Star (Earth Scents, #1) Last Call Position Secured Tempting Tessa Tessa's Pride