Start by marking “Keelevääratus” as Want to Read:
Keelevääratus

Keelevääratus

3.89  ·  Rating Details  ·  162 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
Ärapanijast raadiosaatejuhti Julian Shaw’d armastavad kõik… peale mehe, kes teda tulistas.
Karmikoeline raadioreporter oleks arvanud, et satub surres pimedasse tunnelisse, näeb eredat valgust või kohtub teda pärliväravate ees ootava vanaema hingega… Selle asemel langeb ta hoopis koomasse, saab endale vaimust juhi, kelle nimi on Gus, ning kohtub talle lepingut pakkuva deemon
Published 2010 by Ersen (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Keelevääratus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Keelevääratus

Sara
This book was so intense, I'm having the hardest time processing it.
(view spoiler)
E.J. Godwin
Jun 03, 2016 E.J. Godwin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Wonderful tale of soul mates

A compelling balance of romance, deep themes, and comedy. But it never loses focus on the most important part of storytelling: characters you genuinely care about. I was rooting for Kate right from the beginning.

If I have a criticism is that there were a few times I got confused about who was talking. Also, there were some references to real-life political figures that momentarily took me out of the story. But none of this deterred my interest, or my desire to keep tu
Evelyn Wilson
Apr 28, 2014 Evelyn Wilson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nook-books-read
Loved this book, want to read more of this author's books !!!!
Leslie - keepsbooks
"No Spoilers!

This is an entertaining romp with the "ghost" of Shock-Jock DJ Julian Shaw (think Howard Stern, only cuter) playing guardian angel to a nice girl with a broken heart named Kate Darby. I must correct one thing from the book description: Jules isn't dead, he's in a coma & his spirit is in the Neither Here Nor There while his body fights to survive.

Katie is a likable heroine who is friendly to her neighbors, beloved of her coworkers, and a lover of dogs & her daddy. Jules (befo
Stephen Parrish
Katie Darby's life takes a turn that makes Murphy's Law seem auspicious by comparison. She catches her boyfriend, who happens to be her most important client, in bed with her best friend. At the same time, her home is ransacked and her beloved dog is missing. Higher Powers intervene and assign an angel, radio shock jock Julian Shaw, to help her cope. Julian is not only reluctant in his new role, he's barren of all human compassion and wholly unsuited to Katie's needs. But 24/7 exposure to her li ...more
Barb in Maryland
Apr 22, 2011 Barb in Maryland rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-goodies
I remember this book from when it first came out. The blurb did not appeal. But recently I read several glowing reviews and decided to give it a try(thank you library!). And I am so glad I did.
Shock jock DJ Julian Shaw may be handsome, but he is NOT a nice person. So it is no surprise when an irate listener shoots him. Julian is not killed outright, but falls into a coma. While in this coma, he is recruited by this mysterious figure named Gus who informs him that he is in a limbo state(cleverly
Andi
Apr 02, 2013 Andi rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, 2013, ebook
The only reason I finished this book was that I'm compelled to finish anything I've started. I can't pick up another book unless I've finished my current one.

I knew from the description that it was light-hearted fluff, but went along because it sounded fun. It wasn't a lot of fun, though, because the author spelled everything out for you. You'd think she'd use the possibilities offered by the presence of angels, demons and other in-betweeners to add some guesswork for the reader, so that you'd b
A.T
Oct 22, 2014 A.T rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I started reading it because it sounded fun , but it was just ...meh. Kate is too perfect, Julian's metamorphosis happened too fast, too good. And why did he think he could only be with her as a spirit? Why not in real life? I didn't completely get that.
And all that ''spiritual'' nonsense... Nah. God ( portrayed here as a She) is all knowing but yet, Gus and Albert hide things from Her...How does that work? Either She is all knowing or she isn't. Wasn't impressed at all.
Laureen Talbott
Sep 17, 2015 Laureen Talbott rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story of true love

You need to let your imagination go along for the ride...I couldn't put the book down....it was one of my favorites reads this summer
Lisa
Mar 14, 2016 Lisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing. I've never read this author before, but I'm sitting here crying after finishing this book, and can't wait to read her others. Just an awesome romance.
Georgine
Feb 15, 2015 Georgine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book of Erica's I have read. It was very enjoyable and funny, Will be looking for more of her books to read
Sharon
Aug 10, 2011 Sharon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wasn't sure about this book at first, but I just went with it and I'm glad that I did. It was a lot of fun and very different. Albert Einstein plays a role as a "Neither Here Not There" Supervisor, ABBA music is used as the perfect cosmic scrambler, and God is a She. This is chock full of lighthearted fun.
The "hero" was my favorite character. Julian is totally bad- but highly amusing and perfect. Come to think of it, I could really use a raunchy, bad-ass, no holds barred evil angel on my side- w
Carolyn
Originally Read in February 2013. Original rating 3 stars. One of my requirements for a 4 star rating is that I would read it again and likewise for a 3 star, I would not. So since I read it again, 4 stars. It is one of those books that is both irreverent and spiritual, offensive yet still sweet. So to clarify, I really enjoyed the parts involving the main characters directly, and all the other behind the scenes stuff, not so much.
Parisa
Shae
Sep 07, 2009 Shae rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Despite all of the god related stuff and the fact that I really dislike ghost/other side/heaven and hell books I couldn't help liking Freudian Slip. The characters were really fun and the ending was adorable. One problem I had with it was that for the first half of the book I pictured Jules as Howard Stern (because of his description) and Gus as Alan Rickman (a British agent of god reminded me of Metatron).
Aberforth
This book definitely is not the sort of book I generally like. Yet... I had a hard time putting it down. It was thought-provoking in a few ways. It was very religious, which is usually a big no for me but... Bits and pieces reminded me of Dogma. You know, if the movie were actually a romance novel. I was amazed at the humor the author was able to inject with so many serious subjects.
Heather Adkins
I heard a lot of good things about this author, so I was a little let down because I was expecting something more out of the writing. The story line was super cute and the characters just flawed enough for me to enjoy, so it was good, I'll read more of Orloff, but so-so.
Aerin
This book is a theological dream. It's brilliant that way. I recommend it be read by seminary students. Oh, and by shelving it on my "chicklit" and "romance" shelves, I mean: for "intelligent chicks who like sophisticated romance."
Marci
Jul 29, 2009 Marci rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is not the best written book on the planet, but it was a delightfully lovely light piece of reading that ended with a happily ever after. Perfect light reading for an endlessly hot summer day.
Yvonne
Nov 07, 2014 Yvonne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: recommended
I came across this book by accident, but I was not disappointed. The characters complimented and brought out the best traits in each other.
Christina
Jul 14, 2010 Christina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is one of those situations where it was a really wonderful book for its genre. This was a guilty pleasure book for me!
Lisa
Feb 04, 2012 Lisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fict-4-very-much
Cloae to a 5 stars Very well done. Fun concept. Well executed. I liked all the spiritual references.
Joe
Jun 29, 2009 Joe rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Humorous, uplifting romantic novel. I especially liked its concept of soul mates.
Cornelia
the idea was really interesting but the story itself was disappointing.
Allison
Jul 11, 2009 Allison rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book. Much more content than your typical chick lit.
Carolyn L
Wasn't impressed at all. Ended up just skimming thru .
Kate Sanderson
Nov 14, 2012 Kate Sanderson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
Very cute, light read - left me with a smile on my face :)
Jodotha
Nov 10, 2011 Jodotha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very enjoyable. Characters I loved getting to know.
Melissa Wehunt
Freudian Slip by Erica Orloff (2009)
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Baby Needs a New Pair of Shoes
  • Spirited Away
  • Quiver
  • The Coming Home Place
  • Final Exam (A Murder 101 Mystery, #4)
  • Sheer Dynamite
  • Everything's Coming Up Rosie
  • These Boots Were Made for Stomping (Superhero Central #5)
  • Wanted: One Perfect Man (Starlight Trilogy, #1)
  • The Last Judgement (Jonathan Argyll, #4)
  • Echoes
  • Sometimes Naughty, Sometimes Nice (Farrel Sisters, #2)
  • Time After Time
  • Getting Some (Getting, #2)
  • Plum Blossoms in Paris
  • Rationality Zero
  • Some Enchanted Season (Bethlehem, #2)
  • Reconstructing Brigid
"Erica Orloff is a native New Yorker, novelist, blogger, mother of four, chronic insomniac, alt-rock loving, voracious reader (and prolific writer) who has written over twenty novels across a number of genres and pen names. She currently lives in Virginia where she rarely sleeps, roots for the Yankees and the NY Giants, knits in her almost-never free time, herds worms with her six-year-old Pirate ...more
More about Erica Orloff...