Start by marking “Zombies Hate Stuff” as Want to Read:
Zombies Hate Stuff

Zombies Hate Stuff

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  413 ratings  ·  107 reviews
Zombies hate kittens.

Zombies don't mind babysitting.

Zombies really hate sharing.

Zombies love one thing...
Published March 21st 2012 by Chronicle Books (first published March 7th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Zombies Hate Stuff, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zombies Hate Stuff

Becky
Last weekend, I was visiting my brother and I saw that he had a copy of this book. He mentioned having another copy that was signed so I asked for one, and he gave me the unsigned copy. The cheapskate. I am the elder child, therefore I should have all the prime goodies, dammit!

*sigh*

Although... It was free and has zombies I won't complain TOO much. Maybe.

Anyway, so, even though it was the obviously less desirable copy, I read it. "Read" being mostly figurative, since there are only 80 words in
Peter Derk
I'm confused. Not so much by the book but more as to why there are so many reviews of the book.

Not to mention one that's hidden because it contains spoilers.

People, let's calm down with the use of "spoiler alerts" on everything. There's a difference between a spoiler and saying something that happens in the book.

If you'll indulge me for a second, this book lets you know that zombies hate roving bands of ninja. Okay, so that's a thing that happens in the book. But we already knew that zombies ha
Beth
Meh. I think Stones could have done a lot better with this. It seemed to be a collection of things that the author despised, and he just stuck a zombie in the picture. Some were kind of funny, like dodgeball and mannequins, but most of them were puzzling. I mean, regifting? Seriously?! And there were some I plain didn't get, such as "naked." Why wouldn't zombies like naked people? Doesn't that mean dinner is easier to get? Some just don't seem very well thought out.

On the plus side, this book to
Laszlo
This book is basically telling us about the emotions of zombies, who, until now, most of us have thought of as emotionless. We follow one zombie around for a while and we investigate its Psychology: What it likes, hates, etc. We also, at the end of the book, learn about the one thing that it loves: You!

Some people may say that this book is simple and made for entertainment, but lo, analyze the material and find out that in fact its Philosophical resonances are one of the main things within the b
Karen
I have to agree with Zombie that sock monkeys and mannequins ARE creepy while ice-fishing Canadians (with hockey sticks) are a-OK. This short, funny graphic novel made YALSA's Quick Picks list and I already handed it off to a reluctant reader who gave it two thumbs up for the moon penguins alone. Each page places Zombie in a full-color, minimalistic yet evocative setting with a one or two word caption. Could inspire a "Stuff Zombies Hate" guessing game (charades or drawing) at a library zombie p ...more
Dave
ONE MINUTE REVIEW

What’s it about?
Charming, absurdist picture book. Kind of a novelty gift for zombie geeks.

Is it any good?
It is! See zombies terrified and perplexed by the things they hate - sock monkeys, weddings, dog poop, and more - as rendered in a quirky, watercolor style that uses repetition of proscenium staging for its humor. Bonus sections on things zombies "Don't Mind" (like Canadians) or "Really Hate" (like Moon Penguins) bring the book to a fun wrap.

Any problems?
Nope.

Who would like i
Cheryl
I got this for a friend who is a little zombie obsessed - ok, a LOT zombie obsessed (he even has a gun where the safety says "zombies"). What makes this little gem of a book funny is the absurd choices of things Zombies hate, really hate and don't mind. I guess I will go to Canada in the event of the zombie apocalypse because Zombies apparently don't mind Canadians. I also enjoyed the illustrations, which some made me laugh out loud. My husband even thought this book was funny and he couldn't ca ...more
Arminzerella
I don’t know what “moon penguins” are, but zombies really hate them. And also unicorns, roving bands of ninja, and llamas (aw.) This collection of things zombies hate (complete with illustrations of a particular zombie hating them) is bizarre, but you’ll likely crack a smile after a page or two. I’m not sure how zombies’ tastes were tested or if they were polled, but who cares? It hits my funny bone in ALL the right places.

There's something about this book. It makes me laugh more every time I lo
Cat
Great illustrations.
Susan
I am confused by all the terrible ratings of this book. What were you all expecting, fine art or enlightenment? It looks like some guys drank a couple beers and for laughs made a list, illustrated the list and then convinced a publisher it was a good idea. When we found this at the library we had to be shushed we were laughing so much.

This book is a novelty, it is not literature. Lighten up and have fun. I hate sharing too!
Courtney
Did you know that Zombies hate hippies? And kittens? They do. They don't seem to mind Canadians or teddy bears. But they really hate trees. And they love you.
This is a hilarious little book that can be read in about 2 minutes. So if you have a couple minutes to spare, find out what else Zombies hate. It could mean the difference between life and death during the Zombie Apocalypse. Or not.
Beth Wood
This adult comedy book is basically a picture book of single-page drawings. The selection of things zombies hate is fairly random, which adds to the humor. The zombie drawings are excellent, especially the ones where the hapless zombie is missing a body part. Good for a few laughs, probably a must-have for the zombie aficionado in your life.
Brandy Shark
This is a super cute and funny book. I don't know why there are negative comments; what are people expecting from a book like this?

It's meant to be fun and enjoyable, and I laughed out loud.
Paul  Hankins
Hey. . .sometimes you just need a little "mental floss" reading. This is a fun "list" of items that zombies hate, don't mind, really hate. . .and one thing they love.

Good fun, but the illustration accompanying, "disrespect" may prove troublesome for classroom usage.

Elizabeth
I was hoping for sentences, for stories or jokes, and I was surprised to find only one word on each page. The book is profusely illustrated, and it is funny enough for what it is. Quirky and slightly cute. I think my review is longer than the book.
Thomas Shaw
In a rare turn, I was wondering through a B&N when I came across this gem. It took me all of three minutes to read it but it enhanced my day 100 times over. Read if you want a good laugh.
Best coffee table book I could ever have.
Shanda Kinkade
This book was so cute and clever. The sheer randomness of just what Zombies hate, really hate and don't hate had me and my friends giggling with every turn of the page.
R
Seriously--too funny! I loved the juxtaposition between things that zombies hate (such as kittens and hippes). It just cracked me up how this was put together.
Anelis
Zombies really hate disrespect.

description
Eli Poteet
A present from my big bro, this is a fantastic book! Highly recommended.
Alexis Winning
Whew! Thank goodness zombies don't mind Canadians.

I also hate moon penguins.
Briony
I didn't get it whatsoever. Barely any of it made sense to me.
Megan
Zombies and I have something in common. We BOTH hate moon penguins.
Zim Dela Peña
Boooyah Zombies! HAHA! <3 <3 <3
Jessica
Hilarious and crude in just the right combination. My favorites include: hippies, mannequins, Santa, sheep, bagpipes, clowns, moon penguins, roving bands of ninjas, and, the one I laughed the hardest at, disrespect.
Jason K Dach
Super fun

Great coffee table book. You have no soul if it doesn't make you smile.
Six more words are required for finished
Stefani
A fun, quick read with humorous illustrations explaining what zombies hate, don't mind, and really hate.
Jessica
Meh..... it could have been better. It was not great, but OK. It made me smile a couple of times.
  • Marvel Zombies 4
  • Countdown to Darkness
  • Echo: The Complete Edition
  • Frankenstein
  • Brief Thief
  • Gastroanomalies: Questionable Culinary Creations from the Golden Age of American Cookery
  • Dog Shaming
Penguins Hate Stuff Zombies Have Issues Goodbye, Penguins Ninjas Have Issues Sock Monkeys Have Issues