Start by marking “Your Cat: The Owner's Manual: Hundreds of Secrets, Surprises, and Solutions for Raising a Happy, Healthy Cat” as Want to Read:

Dr. Marty Becker has become known as "America's Veterinarian" because of his educational and entertaining shows and columns. For more than ten years, Dr. Becker has been the popular veterinary contributor to ABC-TV's Good Morning America and is now a member of Core Team Oz on Dr. Mehmet Oz's show.

Dr. Becker will help owners solve problems and enhance their bond with their
Published May 1st 2012 by Grand Central Life & Style (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Your Cat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Your Cat

Dorothy Bandusky
Apr 08, 2015 Dorothy Bandusky rated it really liked it
In this guide to cats, a well-known and respected veterinarian explains the ins-and-outs of cat ownership. The subject matter is arranged logically and headings and subheadings aid those who need specific information.

The easily understood text is divided into four parts. First, common myths about cats are debunked just before the author explains how to go about acquiring a cat/kitten. The second part provides instruction on proper care. An entire section is devoted to teaching good behavior and
Lauren
Sep 04, 2015 Lauren rated it really liked it
"First of all, it's not true that cats are aliens who have enslaved us to do their bidding" OH REALLY? ARE YOU SO SURE?

Okay jokes aside, this is a book with a lot of helpful information. That being said, as someone who grew up with cats and has owned my own for 5+ years, there wasn't much in here that was new; I think this book would be a great resource for a first-time cat owner. He also has a tendency to repeat himself (I think wand and food puzzles were mentioned and described about eight tim
Ginny
Jan 09, 2015 Ginny rated it really liked it
I saw this book at the library and checked it out to see if there was information within that could enhance my cat's life. This book was very well written and contained tons of useful information. I didn't find answers to my cat's behavior and I've never seen a cat with his personality. He is extremely shy and will only come out of hiding for me. If the doorbell rings or anyone enters the house he's nowhere to be found and only emerges after the "threat" is gone. With me, he's the perfect cat an ...more
Kathleen (Kat) Smith

Being a cat owner for as long as I can remember, I always want to make sure I stay on top of not only their care, but their well-being too. I want to make sure that I am doing all I can to make sure that they have the best life possible. Now that we live in our home, we've adopted 4 cats from our local shelters and can say it's always a learning experience with them since each of their personalities are unique and as individual as you are.

When I got the opportunity to review Your Cat: The Owner'
Anji
Oct 18, 2014 Anji rated it it was amazing
I wasn't expecting to read this cover to cover, but I did. Not only is it far more interesting than I imagined it would be, it's also loaded with useful information. It answered several questions I had, more than a few I hadn't thought to wonder about, and is a very enjoyable read for cat lovers.
Liz
Mar 03, 2016 Liz added it
Yeah, this happened. Who have I become?
Jessica
Apr 10, 2013 Jessica rated it it was amazing
Great, easy read chock full of helpful information. No clear bias or covert marketing from Marty which I've found other pet books to be like. Highly recommend.
Robert
Jan 11, 2014 Robert rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
Really learned a lot about being a cat custodian. Helped a great deal.
Patricia
Patricia is currently reading it
Sep 16, 2016
Hope
Hope rated it really liked it
Sep 09, 2016
Kelly
Kelly rated it liked it
Sep 01, 2016
Megan
Megan rated it liked it
Aug 21, 2016
Julie
Julie rated it really liked it
Aug 01, 2016
Sarah P.
Sarah P. is currently reading it
Jul 09, 2016
Mey Wong
Mey Wong rated it liked it
Jun 09, 2016
Evelina Gorski
Evelina Gorski marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2016
Michael
Michael rated it really liked it
Apr 07, 2016
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2016
Elizabeth Chipman
Elizabeth Chipman rated it really liked it
Mar 08, 2016
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2016
Jameela Alnakkas
Jameela Alnakkas marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2016
Bernice
Bernice rated it really liked it
Dec 19, 2015
Natalie Newman
Natalie Newman marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2015
Sarah marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2015
Hannah
Hannah rated it really liked it
Nov 22, 2015
Alex Elizabeth
Alex Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Oct 09, 2015
Deborah Heritage
Deborah Heritage marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2015
Leah Durbak
Leah Durbak marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2015