Start by marking “Nanny Piggins and the Wicked Plan” as Want to Read:
Nanny Piggins and the Wicked Plan

Nanny Piggins and the Wicked Plan (Nanny Piggins #2)

4.31 of 5 stars 4.31  ·  rating details  ·  180 ratings  ·  44 reviews
The world's most fabulous nanny pig is back in this side-splitting sequel to The Adventures of Nanny Piggins! When Mr. Green announces his diabolical plan-he has decided to get married-his children are horrified. Because if he finds a wife, he'll get fire their beloved nanny. Breakfast without chocolate? Never! Someone must stop him, and Nanny Piggins is just the pig to do ...more
Published July 10th 2012 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Nanny Piggins and the Wicked Plan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nanny Piggins and the Wicked Plan

Stephanie
Love, love, love Nanny Piggins! It will make you cringe and laugh at the same time (great for the facial muscle workout).
Hayley
Oh, how I love Sarah Matahari Lorelei Piggins. As funny as the first book, with plenty more absurd situations which are usually resolved with cake. Made me chuckle all the way through.
Monica Edinger
What fun! I remember looking at the first in this series, but never read it properly. Clearly I should of as this is a hoot. Want to read more of them now.
Oh, Nanny Piggins, how much do I love your absurdity, your outrageousness, and your love of cakes?

A lot!

These books are laugh out loud funny. If you are feeling down, turn to Nanny Piggins for the cure - she won't let you down.

I love Nanny Piggins so much I attempted to see if the books that have been released in the UK and Australia that have not yet been released here in the States could be found for a reasonable price. (The answer is no. No ebook releases via amazon.uk and no release yet in C
Peg
The Green children—Derrick, Samantha, and Michael—absolutely adore their Nanny Piggins, a glamorous flying pig who ran away from the circus and came to be their nanny. Her “brother” Boris the dancing bear also lives with them. While most would think her unqualified, she is masterful at leading the children on one adventure after another and making and devouring chocolate cake! To Nanny, there’s nothing a piece of chocolate cake can’t solve. In this sequel to The Adventures of Nanny Piggins, she ...more
Cheryl
So much fun! The story goes every which way, with hilarious, goofy, and absurd incidents that defy reason and the laws of nature and physics and offer no edifying lessons about morality. Nanny Piggins is the anti-Mary Poppins, the anti- Mrs Piggle Wiggle. The particular charm of the book is the fantastic and silly things in it that you can see in your imagination: imagine a ten-foot bear driving a convertible with his eyes shut because the bugs keep flying into them and a boy sitting next to him ...more
Emmet O'Neal Library- Children's Department
Mary Poppins is probably rolling over in her grave. Nanny Piggins turns logic on its head: up is down, right is left (or is it wrong?), forwards is backwards, and cake is king.

In this second volume of pure absurdity, Nanny Piggins and her three child charges - Derrick, Michael, and Samantha - and Boris the dancing bear (Nanny Piggins' brother, of course) march themselves into one adventure after another. Nanny Piggins breaks into prison (oops!), gets fired from a cannon over Dead Man's Gorge, se
Antione Spriggs
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!! :D

this book is funny, awesome, adventurous and amazing. I highly recommend it. Never not have fun, with Nanny Piggins! (I agree with her on her opinion of cake.)
Shannon
Excellent. Wish I had this series when I was into Amelia Bedelia but seeking something a little bit longer. Each chapter is really a different vignette and could be read separately.
Hadley Coughenour
I read this book in third grade and when I read it again, I liked it, but it was very simple, and very easy to read.
This is the 2nd installment of Nanny Piggins and her shenanigans ..lol It was really nice to read something so light hearted after Wild Swans.

Mr.Green plays a bit more of a focus point in this novel because he's usually up to 'no good' as they see it.

I just love the style this book is writen in..Free flowing and fun. I've managed to make quite a few people fall in love with the Nanny Piggins series, including a class of Grade 2 children..haha XD

The only thing I didn't really enjoy was repeating
Jill
Loved it! My daughter and I read the first book as a read aloud, then she read the second book for a book report at school this year. Now that summer is here I finally had time to read the second book. I'm glad I did, I love the humor and silliness of these books. The characters are lovable and funny. There is always a new adventure around the corner when Nanny Piggins is involved. It's sure to make you laugh! I can't wait to read the next book. By the way the author is awesome! We contacted her ...more
Maggie Wrobel
Breakaway funny. Kids grades 5 - 7 will say that Nanny Piggins rocks! Deliriously funny. Like Dave Barry, you never quite know what direction R.A. Spratt is going to take the reader. In this episode, Mr. Green is putting out personal ads to find a wife/ housekeeper. He's not really interested in romance, just someone to shine his shoes. Nanny Piggins puts the fun back into every situation no matter how grim! Some of my favorite chapters: Holisistic Cake Healer, Tunnel to China, Headmistress Pigg ...more
Rebecca Mcewan
Pure fun that kept the whole family listening. Can't wait to read more Nanny Piggins!
Ilana Waters
The only bad thing about this book is that I have to wait until Australia decides to release the rest! Although the theme of Mr. Green getting married isn't carried throughout the entire book (in many chapters, it's forgotten entirely), things here are even MORE absurd and enjoyable than the first Nanny Piggins, if that's possible. Laugh-out-loud humor that sure to brighten the crummiest day. As long as it's read with some cake, of course. ;-)
Felicity ★
One of my favourite series of all time. If you ever short on books to read, I highly recommend this FABULOUS series! (The books are aimed at 9 to 10-year-olds, but since when has that stopped anybody?! It certainly wouldn't stop me...)
Jess
Like the first book, this is a funny, over-the-top story of a pig nanny, her charges, and her love of cake. It's episodic, which both works for it and against it. The book would make for a great read-aloud, chapter by chapter, but this also means that it doesn't build up much momentum or oomph. A fun, silly read.
Sydney
these books have diffrent stories in them.my favorite one in this book is the one that this gypsy queen is in love with nanny piggin's kid's father so she took him.my favorite part in the story is when the gypsy queen and piggins fight over a pit of fire and the queen regrets fighting with the nanny.
Margie
When you combine the wit of R. A. Spratt and the humor found in the illustrations of Dan Santat, you have a winner on your hands. This sequel to The Adventures of Nanny Piggins is over-the-top hilarious.
My full review at:
Jenny
I am embarrassed to admit how many times I laughed out loud when I read this book! And there weren't even any children present. This is the kind of book that makes me want to find one or two young 'uns and start reading out loud. My kids would have loved it when they were little.
Catherine
This book was a trip! It's a feat of thumbing one's snout at the social niceties, and celebrating unlikability, and turning it into a wry, lovable laugh-fest. Numerous allusions and direct referrals to delicious cakes in EVERY CHAPTER only add to the book's charms.

Sharper1
Nanny Piggins is like Amelia Bedelia for older kids. Each book is a collection of sequential stories that can easily be read as one-offs. It would make an excellent read-aloud, though perhaps not at school as Nanny Piggins has such interesting philosophies abt school.
Bella Macleod
i think this book os funny and a great upbeat book to read. I think that because lots of funny things happens in the story on every page.
Janell Bishop
My kids loved this book, especially with my own signature "Nanny Piggins" voice! Now I've just learned there is a whole series of Nanny Piggins books. They'll be thrilled, but now I'm wishing I would've picked an easier voice to do for Nanny Piggins!! *sigh*
Abigail
This was a pretty fun bedtime read aloud. Not a lot of depth though; each chapter was essentially a stand-alone short story, so there was very little story arc or opportunity to scaffold my 8 y/o's ability to connect with a longer book/story.
Angela
Such sly humor! Nanny Piggins is the unbelievable fun and unrestrained Nanny everyone wishes that they had. Told in short-story type chapters this book is full of adventure and laughs. I want more of Nanny Piggins!
Rachel
Reviewed for the Emmet O'Neal Library Children's Department. Click here to access the children's portion of the review.
Dayna
Another Piggins adventure. similar writing to the first...just didn't hold our attention as well as the first. The novelty had sort of worn off for me. We didn't make it all the way through.
  • Chitty Chitty Bang Bang Flies Again (Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, #2)
  • Clara Lee and the Apple Pie Dream
  • The Mistaken Masterpiece (The Red Blazer Girls, #3)
  • The Adventures of Sir Gawain the True (Knights' Tales, #3)
  • The Cheshire Cheese Cat: A Dickens of a Tale
  • The Seven Tales of Trinket
  • The Frog Scientist
  • Winter According to Humphrey (According to Humphrey, #9)
  • Rover Saves Christmas
  • The Second Life of Abigail Walker
  • Robbie Forester and the Outlaws of Sherwood Street
  • The Unseen Guest (The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place, #3)
  • The Misadventures of the Family Fletcher
  • Deadweather and Sunrise (The Chronicles of Egg, #1)
  • Road Trip
  • The Case of the Deadly Desperados (The P.K Pinkerton Mysteries, #1)
  • A Kiss Like This
  • Penelope Crumb
R.A. Spratt is an award-winning author and television writer. She lives in Bowral, Australia with her husband and two daughters. Like Friday Barnes, she enjoys wearing a silly hat.

More about R.A. Spratt...
The Adventures of Nanny Piggins Nanny Piggins and the Runaway Lion Nanny Piggins and the Accidental Blast Off Nanny Piggins and The Pursuit Of Justice Nanny Piggins and the Rival Ringmaster

“Yes, I know, because schools are cruel, illogical, and unfair. But the thing is, life is cruel, illogical, and unfair. That is why the education system works so well. If schools and teachers did a good job and inspired children and made them enthusiastic about every subject, they would only be sadly disappointed when they got out into the real world. Better to disappoint them when they're young. It is more important to learn to cope with disappointment than learn how to do long division." - Nanny Piggins” 4 likes
“Do they ever ask pirates to come and speak to you at your school's career day?'
'No,' admitted Derek. 'They usually just have accountants come and tell us how accountancy is really exciting.'
'They let people come and lie to you?' asked Nanny Piggins. 'Your headmaster is a very immoral man.”
3 likes