Start by marking “The Indignation of Haruhi Suzumiya (Haruhi Suzumiya, #8)” as Want to Read:
The Indignation of Haruhi Suzumiya (Haruhi Suzumiya, #8)

The Indignation of Haruhi Suzumiya (Haruhi Suzumiya #8)

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  348 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Two stories continue the adventure in Volume 8 of the Haruhi Suzumiya series.
Editor-in-Chief, Straight Ahead!Since the beginning of the year, the SOS Brigade has been masking as the Literature Club to be recognized as an official high school organization. But when the new student council president threatens to disband the group, the members must write a collection of liter
Published November 20th 2012 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (first published May 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Indignation of Haruhi Suzumiya, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Indignation of Haruhi Suzumiya

Kaitlin
The 8th installment in the Haruhi Suzumiya light novel series contains two short stories. In the first, the student council finally makes a move to disrupt the activities of the SOS Brigade via the Literature Club. It is up to the brigade members to put together a literary anthology in a week so that they can keep their (stolen) clubroom. The second short story follows the brigade as they try to solve the mysterious illness that is befalling dogs in a nearby area, including one owned by a classm ...more
Dave Lefevre
I tend to like the full Haruhi novels better than the books of stories, but I still loved this new book with a pair of novellas. The first of the two didn't even have supernatural or sci-fi elements, which is different than normal. They are cute stories for the ya crowd with enough extra that adult readers can get a hold of them too. I always love it when a new Haruhi translation comes out. The next one is released in April.
Raistlin
No es el mejor libro de la serie, salvo algún par de detalles aislados creo que no aporta mucho. El primer relato es demasiado largo para lo poco que aporta a los personajes en general, y al lector en particular. El que se desvele la identidad del presidente del Consejo tan pronto creo que juega muy en contra del interés de este relato. Y todo lo demás no deja de ser una "aventurilla" sin mucha importancia.

En cuanto al segundo relato, es una historia sobre otro misterio a investigar, así que par
Derrick Lim
After a few lulls in the series, the story finally took off again. In the first portion of the book, Haruhi is spurred into action by Koizumi's maneuvering. Nagato's character development continued on, and she's my favorite character in the series now. I especially enjoyed her concise and poetic-like stories. We also got a good back story about Kyon during his middle school days. The publication writing exercise was a smart way of giving a context for the the characters to share about themselves ...more
Kuno
4.5 out of five stars

As much as I adore the Haruhi Suzumiya novels (my all-time favorite novel series), I didn't enjoy this one to the extent that I enjoyed the rest. This one lacks something that takes away that solid five... It's funny and interesting, don't get me wrong. Just lacking in something minor. Still recommended though! Plus the illustrations by Ito are wonderful, like always.

Out of the two stories in this book, I enjoyed the first one slightly more. Perhaps it was the second story t
Tim [AFK]
In the Indignation of Haruhi Suzumiya, there are 2 short stories. In the first, The SOS brigade receives a threat to have their not-so-legitimately-obtained Literacy club room evicted.In order to keep the base, the student council dictates that the brigade must do at least 1 big piece of literacy. Haruhi, being the "Editor and Chief" forces the others members to make stories, and Kyon gets...love story?2
In Wandering Shadow,, Haruhi and Kyon's classmate, Sakanaka, visits the brigade because her d
James
In the eighth instalment of the series, the SOS Brigade first come up against a suddenly-all-powerful student council that has the Brigade firmly in its sights. Haruhi faces off against the President when the Literature Club is forced to actually do something to ensure it remains a school club. The Brigade produce a literary magazine to placate the president but it turns out that he is an employee of the same agency for which Koizumi works, ensuring that Haruhi is not kept bored.

In the second s
Lucas Suárez
Una historia light para componer el sueño, vaya que me ayudó durante esta semana de globales (que de hecho estuvo difícil). Más que nada me encantó la "segunda parte" sobre las entidades de información que van a infectar a los infortunados perritos, sobre todo el soliloquio de al final. Hemos sido tocados por "espíritus" llenos de conocimiento?. La ciencia ficción de Tanigawa da para pensar de una manera bastante entretenida y fácil.

PD: no me llamen otaku, ni ninguna de aquellas denominaciones,
Daniel
Both stories are somewhat believable, which is not much of an expected quality for this series.

From the beginning I thought the narrator, Kyon, was the most interesting character, but since the previous book it seems to me that he has more parts on the story.
Deadwish
Reseña en proceso (puede tardar en aparecer porque tengo que hacerle la reseña a 5 libros anteriores de la misma saga xD)
Eddie
Although the book is enjoyable as part of the series, it in my opinion is the weakest so far.
Halász Máté
Weakest book so far, especially 'Wandering Shadow', which is absolutely skippable.
Nagato
Nagato is currently reading it
Dec 26, 2014
Via Marielle
Via Marielle marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
Mark Bain
Mark Bain marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2014
Dominique
Dominique marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
  • Spice & Wolf, Book 2
  • Book Girl and the Wayfarer's Lamentation
  • Slayers - The Ruby Eye (Slayers, #1)
  • Artificial Things
  • Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World
  • The Mask of Destiny (Billionaire, #3)
Nagaru Tanigawa (谷川 流 Tanigawa Nagaru)

Nagaru Tanigawa is a graduate of the Kwansei Gakuin University School of Law. In 2003, he won Kadokawa's Grand Prize for Literary World for his work on the Haruhi Suzumiya series.
More about Nagaru Tanigawa...
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Vol. 1 (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, #1) The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (Haruhi Suzumiya, #1) The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya (Haruhi Suzumiya, #4) The Boredom of Haruhi Suzumiya (Haruhi Suzumiya, #3) 涼宮ハルヒの溜息 (Haruhi Suzumiya, #2)