Start by marking “The Indignation of Haruhi Suzumiya (Haruhi Suzumiya, #8)” as Want to Read:
The Indignation of Haruhi Suzumiya (Haruhi Suzumiya, #8)

The Indignation of Haruhi Suzumiya (Haruhi Suzumiya #8)

Two stories continue the adventure in Volume 8 of the Haruhi Suzumiya series.
Editor-in-Chief, Straight Ahead!Since the beginning of the year, the SOS Brigade has been masking as the Literature Club to be recognized as an official high school organization. But when the new student council president threatens to disband the group, the members must write a collection of liter
Published November 20th 2012 by Yen On (first published May 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Indignation of Haruhi Suzumiya, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Indignation of Haruhi Suzumiya

Josef Hare
Edit in Chief, Full Speed Ahead!:
This story has some very interesting elements, but it's far too long for what it is. I really enjoyed reading the stories-within-the-story written by different members of the SOS Brigade, they were a great way to offer insight into the characters' psyches, Nagato's in particular was truly riveting. But why does Tanigawa insist on bridging the events of his brilliant sci-fi/high-school drama with tedious, empty droll? Reading the later Haruhi novels, I often feel
Matisse
May 31, 2015 Matisse rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In the afterword, Tanigawa recalls finding a box of books he had read when he was young. He takes a few paragraphs and wonders: if he had not read those specific books at the point in his life when he did, what would his life and personality look like?

I smiled when I read that.

Anyway.

Tanigawa brought his characters back to basics in this volume. 'The Indignation of Haruhi Suzumiya' is comprised of two novellas. In 'Editor in Chief: Full Speed Ahead!', the SOS Brigade is charged with writing a
Raistlin
No es el mejor libro de la serie, salvo algún par de detalles aislados creo que no aporta mucho. El primer relato es demasiado largo para lo poco que aporta a los personajes en general, y al lector en particular. El que se desvele la identidad del presidente del Consejo tan pronto creo que juega muy en contra del interés de este relato. Y todo lo demás no deja de ser una "aventurilla" sin mucha importancia.

En cuanto al segundo relato, es una historia sobre otro misterio a investigar, así que par
Derrick Lim
Mar 28, 2014 Derrick Lim rated it really liked it
After a few lulls in the series, the story finally took off again. In the first portion of the book, Haruhi is spurred into action by Koizumi's maneuvering. Nagato's character development continued on, and she's my favorite character in the series now. I especially enjoyed her concise and poetic-like stories. We also got a good back story about Kyon during his middle school days. The publication writing exercise was a smart way of giving a context for the the characters to share about themselves ...more
Kuno
Aug 25, 2014 Kuno rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: scifi-fantasy, comedy
4.5 out of five stars

As much as I adore the Haruhi Suzumiya novels (my all-time favorite novel series), I didn't enjoy this one to the extent that I enjoyed the rest. This one lacks something that takes away that solid five... It's funny and interesting, don't get me wrong. Just lacking in something minor. Still recommended though! Plus the illustrations by Ito are wonderful, like always.

Out of the two stories in this book, I enjoyed the first one slightly more. Perhaps it was the second story t
Tim [AFK]
Jun 08, 2013 Tim [AFK] rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: june-extra
In the Indignation of Haruhi Suzumiya, there are 2 short stories. In the first, The SOS brigade receives a threat to have their not-so-legitimately-obtained Literacy club room evicted.In order to keep the base, the student council dictates that the brigade must do at least 1 big piece of literacy. Haruhi, being the "Editor and Chief" forces the others members to make stories, and Kyon gets...love story?2
In Wandering Shadow,, Haruhi and Kyon's classmate, Sakanaka, visits the brigade because her d
Kaitlin
Jan 06, 2014 Kaitlin rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
The 8th installment in the Haruhi Suzumiya light novel series contains two short stories. In the first, the student council finally makes a move to disrupt the activities of the SOS Brigade via the Literature Club. It is up to the brigade members to put together a literary anthology in a week so that they can keep their (stolen) clubroom. The second short story follows the brigade as they try to solve the mysterious illness that is befalling dogs in a nearby area, including one owned by a classm ...more
James
In the eighth instalment of the series, the SOS Brigade first come up against a suddenly-all-powerful student council that has the Brigade firmly in its sights. Haruhi faces off against the President when the Literature Club is forced to actually do something to ensure it remains a school club. The Brigade produce a literary magazine to placate the president but it turns out that he is an employee of the same agency for which Koizumi works, ensuring that Haruhi is not kept bored.

In the second s
Ivan
Mar 29, 2016 Ivan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A cute story merging high school politics, mystery and the usual Haruhi Suzumiya shenanigans and powers.
Adrian
Aug 18, 2016 Adrian rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Finally we get a break from the time traveling shenanigans of the previous novels. The first story involves a student council president attempting to shut down the SOS Brigade by disbanding the literature club. This particular story was a lot of fun and had some great dialogue exchanges. The second story involves the Brigade helping their classmate Sakanawa solve the mystery as to why the dogs in her neighborhood are getting sick. This story was far less entertaining than the first story but it ...more
Lucas Suárez
Jun 01, 2013 Lucas Suárez rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Una historia light para componer el sueño, vaya que me ayudó durante esta semana de globales (que de hecho estuvo difícil). Más que nada me encantó la "segunda parte" sobre las entidades de información que van a infectar a los infortunados perritos, sobre todo el soliloquio de al final. Hemos sido tocados por "espíritus" llenos de conocimiento?. La ciencia ficción de Tanigawa da para pensar de una manera bastante entretenida y fácil.

PD: no me llamen otaku, ni ninguna de aquellas denominaciones,
Ashley Will
Jul 30, 2014 Ashley Will rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
entertaining read
Dave Lefevre
Nov 11, 2012 Dave Lefevre rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I tend to like the full Haruhi novels better than the books of stories, but I still loved this new book with a pair of novellas. The first of the two didn't even have supernatural or sci-fi elements, which is different than normal. They are cute stories for the ya crowd with enough extra that adult readers can get a hold of them too. I always love it when a new Haruhi translation comes out. The next one is released in April.
Daniel
Nov 29, 2014 Daniel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fun
Both stories are somewhat believable, which is not much of an expected quality for this series.

From the beginning I thought the narrator, Kyon, was the most interesting character, but since the previous book it seems to me that he has more parts on the story.
Deadwish
Reseña en proceso (puede tardar en aparecer porque tengo que hacerle la reseña a 5 libros anteriores de la misma saga xD)
Eddie
Mar 03, 2013 Eddie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although the book is enjoyable as part of the series, it in my opinion is the weakest so far.
Halász Máté
Mar 18, 2013 Halász Máté rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series
Weakest book so far, especially 'Wandering Shadow', which is absolutely skippable.
Buunny
Buunny marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2016
Goh Yu Shaun
Goh Yu Shaun marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2016
Kelsey  Thib
Kelsey Thib marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2016
Luke Nicholas  Freeman
Luke Nicholas Freeman marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2016
DarKraD
DarKraD marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2016
E.
E. marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2016
Jordan
Jordan marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2016
David Harper
David Harper marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2016
John
John rated it it was amazing
Aug 21, 2016
  • Book Girl and the Wayfarer's Lamentation
  • Artificial Things
  • Kino No Tabi: Where Nothing Is Written
  • Usurper of the Sun
  • Gosick: The Crime That Has No Name (Gosick, #2)
Nagaru Tanigawa (谷川 流 Tanigawa Nagaru)

Nagaru Tanigawa is a graduate of the Kwansei Gakuin University School of Law. In 2003, he won Kadokawa's Grand Prize for Literary World for his work on the Haruhi Suzumiya series.
More about Nagaru Tanigawa...

Haruhi Suzumiya (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (Haruhi Suzumiya, #1)
  • 涼宮ハルヒの溜息 (Haruhi Suzumiya, #2)
  • The Boredom of Haruhi Suzumiya (Haruhi Suzumiya, #3)
  • The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya (Haruhi Suzumiya, #4)
  • 涼宮ハルヒの暴走 [Suzumiya Haruhi no Bōsō] (Haruhi Suzumiya, #5)
  • The Wavering of Haruhi Suzumiya (Haruhi Suzumiya, #6)
  • The Intrigues of Haruhi Suzumiya (Haruhi Suzumiya, #7)
  • 涼宮ハルヒの分裂 (Haruhi Suzumiya, #9)
  • 涼宮ハルヒの驚愕 (前) (Haruhi Suzumiya, #10)
  • 涼宮ハルヒの驚愕 (後) (Haruhi Suzumiya, #11)