Start by marking “Healing from the Heart: A Leading Surgeon Combines Eastern and Western Traditions to Create the Medic of the Future” as Want to Read:

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  55 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Dr. Mehmet Oz, celebrated heart surgeon and co-founder of the Complementary Care Center at New York's Columbia-Presbyterian Hospital, is spearheading the health-care revolution that is yielding powerful new healing tools that will forever change the way we think of medicine. In this ground-breaking book, he describes his pioneering work--combining cutting-edge Western medi...more
Published October 1st 1999 by Plume

To ask other readers questions about Healing from the Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Healing from the Heart

W.K. Lawrence
Dr. Oz shares some of his heart surgery anecdotes. Without getting too graphic, Oz puts heart surgery in simple terms we can all understand. This is an informative book infused with narrative of personal experience and reflection. Oz explores a blending of Western and Eastern medicines and shares how he has brought some elements of the Eastern traditions into the operating room. This is a great book for anyone interested in health and medicine, but of special interest to those who suffer from he...more
Sherry Giardiniere
So far so good. He is such a compassionate, Open-Minded Surgeon. He is amazing. Wish I knew him personally

The book is finished and I learned so many new things. I think this man really knows what he is doing. This is a book I think I will continue to refer to. He quotes and references so many great sources. Besides his knowledge he continues to search out others and their knowledge and puts it too use. His patients are very fortunate.
Kathy
Sep 23, 2007 Kathy added it
Recommends it for: anyone
How profoundly our body and soul responond to alternative or complementary therapies, the ability of the body/mind to heal itself, various recommended complementary therapies and treatments and their benefits. HOw much conventional western medicine has to learn.
Kathleen
Read this when it first came out. I knew about Dr Oz before Oprah did!
Emily
The subtitle of this book sort of says it all. Dr. Oz is creating the medicine of the future. It's very exciting that he is a respected surgeon exploring the various "alternative" therapies out there and taking them seriously. I've read a fair amount of heart books (because of my play, fig. a: The Heart) and this one sort of cheered me up the most. I'm a sucker for the intersection of science and the more "far-out" stuff. Dr. Oz seems like a real scientist to me, in that he is really exploring a...more
Leslie North
Facsinating book. Its been awhile since I read it, but the author is great and the stories of alternative methods from an MD perspective is really nice.
Deanna
Very interesting book about the use of alternative healing methods to enhance healing with use of standard medicine.
Marie-josée Shaar
A pleasant read with surprising and memorable stories!
Dimah Ashkar
Dimah Ashkar marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
Iona  Main Stewart
Iona Main Stewart marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Jill Bunze
Jill Bunze marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
Ricardo
Ricardo marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Letica
Letica added it
Apr 30, 2014
Joe
Joe marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2014
Jean
Jean marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2014
Tatum Schranz
Tatum Schranz is currently reading it
Feb 27, 2014
Barbara L Clanton
Barbara L Clanton is currently reading it
Jan 26, 2014
Sarah Iwanusa
Sarah Iwanusa marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Mehmet Cengiz Oz, best known as Dr. Oz, is a Turkish-American cardiothoracic surgeon, author, and host and commentator for the syndicated daily television program focusing on medical issues/personal health, The Dr. Oz Show.

Oz first appeared on the The Oprah Winfrey Show in 2004, and later on Larry King Live and other TV programs. In 2009, Winfrey's Harpo Productions and Sony Pictures launched The...more
More about Mehmet C. Oz...
You: The Owner's Manual: An Insider's Guide to the Body That Will Make You Healthier and Younger You: Staying Young: The Owner's Manual for Extending Your Warranty YOU - A Sua Beleza In Your Trunk: Your Liver and Pancreas You, the Owner's Manual: Common Sense: Your Sensory Organs (Excerpt)