Start by marking “Cats, Cats, Cats!” as Want to Read:
Cats, Cats, Cats!

Cats, Cats, Cats!

In a big house on the edge of town live Mrs. Brown and all of her cats. All day long they lie around and nap while Mrs. Brown does her chores. But as soon as Mrs. Brown pets each cat on the head and goes upstairs to bed..."it's party time!"
Published March 1st 2001 by Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Cats, Cats, Cats!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cats, Cats, Cats!

Bentley&Lou
May 25, 2010 Bentley&Lou rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another birthday present for Katie. The pictures are really pretty watercolors and really pretty funny too. Actually they're super funny pictures the more you look at them. It defines a real cat lady from just a lady with cats since she doesn't get mad when they make a huge mess.
Dolly
Feb 12, 2014 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: childrens, pets, rhyming, 2014
This is a humorous, rhyming tale about a lady who owns a lot of cats. As I began logging it here on Goodreads, I discovered that Lesléa Newman had also written Dogs, Dogs, Dogs! and Pigs, Pigs, Pigs!, so I thought we'd borrow them from the library as well.

The story is entertaining and fun to read aloud and we loved the antics of the cats. The cat lady is funny, but unfortunately we know a few people who ended up with far too many pets than they can handle, which makes this story a bit sad to me
Amy Rae
If you love cats, you'll understand the appeal of this book immediately. If you don't, it might not be quite such a joy to read. For those of us who wouldn't mind being neck-deep in kitties, it's a silly paean to cats, cats, cats.

I'm not the hugest fan of the illustrations--while the piles of cats tickle my fancy, the way Mrs. Brown is rendered doesn't--but they aren't terrible.
Vesra (When She Reads)
A cute little story about an old woman name Mrs. Brown, who has a house full of cats, and how she copes with a houseful of them. Pretty cute book for kids. love the illustration the best

Josiah
Aug 30, 2009 Josiah rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This picture book offers rhymes that flow to virtual perfection, and a fun story about a woman and her "family" of cats that should be fun for many readers. The most humorous scene, in my view, is when the woman sweeps up all the cats with her dustpan.
Rachel
This book is cat-tacular!
Beth
Sep 25, 2016 Beth rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kiddie-lit
A cute, harmless little book about a cat lady, and how her cats party all night while she's asleep.
Beck
Jun 10, 2009 Beck rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute poem and pics about a crazy cat lady.
Melle
Nov 18, 2014 Melle rated it liked it
Recommends it for: hoarders
Cat hoarding at its cutest and most lyrical. Dreamy soft watercolors, musical rhyming, and a sweet, if not very memorable, story.
Melinda
Jan 18, 2015 Melinda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s
Lots of cats, cute and rhyming story, and a 100% pro–cat lady message. Would read again.
Brendan Howard
Jul 28, 2014 Brendan Howard rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-to-zahara
Something about this story that smiles on a cat lady made me very happy about being in the veterinary industry.
Marcia
A crazy cat woman is glorified in this pretty rhyming book. The water color illustrations are very nice. Humour and warmth make this a nice choice for the very young.
virgodura
My future.
kelly
Jun 27, 2008 kelly rated it really liked it
My 3-year old really liked this one. Not only does the old lady have lots and lots of cats, but she cherishes them them all and is amused by thier crazy night-life.
Mary
May 20, 2008 Mary rated it it was amazing
Shelves: storytime-books
Great for kitty storytime!
Veronica Ika
Veronica Ika rated it liked it
Sep 05, 2016
Dewi
Dewi rated it it was ok
Feb 15, 2016
Londonmabel Mabel
Londonmabel Mabel rated it liked it
Jul 14, 2012
Alicia
Alicia rated it liked it
Jan 22, 2011
Natalie Malone
Natalie Malone rated it liked it
May 03, 2015
Shonna Froebel
Cute story with very good illustrations.
Tom Jones
Tom Jones rated it really liked it
Jul 03, 2014
Anna
Anna rated it really liked it
Nov 14, 2011
Michelle
Michelle rated it liked it
Jan 22, 2017
MaryJo
MaryJo rated it liked it
Aug 24, 2015
Stevie
Stevie rated it it was amazing
Jan 12, 2016
♥ Susan
♥ Susan rated it it was amazing
Feb 25, 2011
Kristin
Kristin rated it it was amazing
Oct 16, 2013
Morgan
Morgan rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2008
« previous 1 3 next »
Lesléa Newman (born 1955, Brooklyn, NY) is the author of over 50 books including Heather Has Two Mommies, A Letter To Harvey Milk, Writing From The Heart, In Every Laugh a Tear, The Femme Mystique, Still Life with Buddy, Fat Chance and Out of the Closet and Nothing to Wear.
She has received many literary awards including Poetry Fellowships from the Massachusetts Artists Fellowship Foundation and th
More about Lesléa Newman...