Start by marking “Ten Tiny Toes” as Want to Read:
Ten Tiny Toes

Ten Tiny Toes

Into the world came ten tiny toes,
a hundred times sweeter than one could suppose....

There's nothing sweeter in the world than a baby's ten tiny toes. From tiny feet nuzzled and tickled in the crib to bath time, playtime, and those very first big steps, here is a wonderful way to commemorate the unforgettable moments in a young child's life.

Marc Brown's adorable collage ill
Published September 4th 2012 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Ten Tiny Toes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ten Tiny Toes

Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin Jr.Smile! by Roberta Grobel IntraterWhere Is Baby's Belly Button? by Karen KatzEat! by Roberta Grobel IntraterMoo, Baa, La La La! by Sandra Boynton
Great Books for Babies
73rd out of 103 books — 12 voters
Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise BrownI Love You Through and Through by Bernadette Rossetti-ShustakBrown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin Jr.Hooray For Fish! by Lucy CousinsPlay Baby Play! by Marilyn Janovitz
Best Books For Babies
18th out of 63 books — 3 voters

More lists with this book...

Margaret Chind
This is a fabulous picture book and a great one to set aside for gift giving for that new baby, adopted or natural. It's all about those ten tiny toes and how special they are. The imagery is fabulous. The card cuts used to make the images really appear 3D and I expect to be able to put a fingernail behind them, but it's all an illusion captured extremely well in the generation of this book. I haven't met a book by Todd Tarpley before, but grew up as a child watching Arthur on PBS so Marc Brown ...more
Sandy Irwin
Oct 23, 2015 Sandy Irwin rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
So cute! I love books with babies in it. And it rhymes! Plus it is multicultural, making it appealing to a wider audience.
Sep 20, 2016 Amanda rated it really liked it
Love this book, but its REALLY long for this age. I would love to read it to my Baby Storytimes and/or my Toddler Storytimes but even if I abridged it, it's still soooo long for those ages. Gorgeous pictures. Very sweet.
Pam ☼Because Someone Must Be a Thorn☼ Tee
I don't normally suggest books to gift to new or expecting mothers, but I am going to say that I think Tarpley's TEN TINY TOES would be a wonderful book for you to consider.

Marc Brown's artwork is sweet and warm. But what I really love is how Todd Tarpley follows the tiny toes from newborn to big-kid to parent of their own delightful little one. If you're a parent of a newborn that probably seems like impossibly far away in the foggy future. But as a mom with a 12 year-old, I can tell you that t
Such a sweet book! This picture book is just right for my 2-year-old as he's beginning to tolerate longer books and is showing a strong preference for picture over board books.

Ten Tiny Toes follows, as you might expect, ten tiny toes as they are kissed and coddled, as they take their first steps, and as they begin to explore the world. My son loves the illustrations of toddlers riding bikes, feeding the dog, and doing all the things that he likes to do "by myself!" I love the schmoopy feeling I
Laura Simon
Oct 23, 2012 Laura Simon rated it liked it
Shelves: simonbookshelf
Ten Tiny Toes is all about babies. New babies come into the world every day. They are all rocked, swung, and kissed by the people that love them. The book says nothing is loved as much as a babies cute, little toes. Eventually those toes begin to walk. The babies with those toes get older and learn to do new things. This book sends a strong message about love and family.
I would read this book to younger elementary students. There aren’t very many words on each page and the illustrations are very
Caryn Caldwell
Jul 18, 2013 Caryn Caldwell rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Follows little babies and their ten tiny toes as they grow up from kissable newborns, to toddlers, to children who can ride bikes and skate, to parents themselves.

I admit it - this one made me tear up the first few times I read it aloud to my toddler, and she enjoys seeing what all the different babies are doing. The collage-like illustrations are colorful and lively, and the rhyming text has a nice rhythm, which is only occasionally thrown off by the awkward wording used to achieve said rhymes
McKenna Banks
Mar 21, 2016 McKenna Banks rated it it was amazing
Ten Tiny Toes is about loving a baby. This book is poetic in nature and reads beautifully. It follows the baby (referring to him as ten toes) as he learns to crawl and run and ride a bike. It is a circle story in a sense that it comes back to loving those ten tiny toes again.

I loved this book! It is like the sweetest thing I have ever read. It was so simple, but it made you "feel" love as you read it. The illustrations were also precious!

This book would be great to read if someone was getting a
Deb (Readerbuzz) Nance
Sep 23, 2012 Deb (Readerbuzz) Nance rated it it was amazing
Who could resist Ten Tiny Toes? The cover alone, with an absolutely adorable baby nibbling on his toes, will sell you on this book.

But there's more. Open the cover and read this gentle tale of a baby, born with his precious ten toes, and learning to use them to walk and run and play, with illustrations from the beguiling Marc Brown….It will charm you and delight you and, if you are like me, ultimately make you cry.

A perfect gift for that new little one. And, perhaps, a new classic.

The Library Lady
Sep 22, 2012 The Library Lady rated it it was ok
Kids do love "remember when" books, but the text is aimed far more at nostalgic parents and is sticky enough to make my saccharine meter quiver. I'm not so sure about the art either--Marc Brown stuff is cute, but there's something discomforting about that baby--it has a weirdly adult face.

Suitable for giving to moms if you want them to think that parenthood is like you see it in the commercials on TV, but I'd suggest giving them a crockpot and an excellent volume of Mother Goose rhymes instead,
Oct 24, 2012 Kasey rated it liked it
This book is very cute and has really great collage type pictures on each page. It's a very easy read and the rhythm of the words makes it a very easy book to listen to and follow. I think this book would be great for a younger reader such as kindergarten. This book talks about the different memories and milestones that a baby goes through. If the kids are doing a lesson about the body or about some memories they have this would be a good book to read to them to get them started on thinking of s ...more
Bambini Travel
May 01, 2014 Bambini Travel rated it really liked it
"Into the world came ten tiny toes, a hundred times sweeter than one could suppose" is how this darling book begins. A sweet celebration of adorable baby toes and the joys of watching little ones grow. Todd Tarpley describes in rhythmic language how we adore little toes and watch them grow up and take on new challenges. Marc Brown's playful and colorful illustrations add brightness and texture to the book with their cut paper, gouache, and colored pencil technique. Adorable book for any new pare ...more
Danica Midlil
Nov 08, 2012 Danica Midlil rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-books
First, I loved the pictures! Those rolly-polly babies are very appealing. However, the text reminded more of Love You Forever by Robert MunschLove You Forever in that it's for adults not children. I like some other's suggestions that the ideal audience might be expectant mothers...
Jul 02, 2013 Anjilou rated it really liked it
This book talks about the adventures of ten tiny toes from the day they come on earth up to the day they have their own toes to take care of, a travel from infancy to adulthood. The language is very rhythmic with some new and interesting vocabulary words to learn from. The illustration is colorful with children of different colors showcasing their own set of toes to the world.

Themes: Family, Love, Toes, Body parts, adventure, laughter and silliness
Sep 15, 2012 Maddypictures rated it really liked it
Sweet and cozy, this is a wonderful celebration of adorably scrumptious babies. A diverse group of families share one thing in common: a deep and abiding connection to their children. Cut paper, gouache and colored pencil illustrations reminded me a little of Brian Karas. End papers show baby footprints walking across the page. Lovely!
Catherine Austen
Jun 13, 2014 Catherine Austen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
Sweet rhyming picture book about loved babies and their adorable toes as they get bigger and on the move. Very nice to read to tiny tots. Love the illustrations, great textures and adorable expressions, especially on the pets.
Marianne Reeves
Nov 28, 2012 Marianne Reeves rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-book
Very sweet rhythmic picture book with lovely illustrations. I especially love the back cover with the baby bending over and peeking through its legs. Nice to read in infant/toddler program and great to give as a gift!
Feb 25, 2014 Sam rated it it was ok
The illustrations are lovely and the rhyming nature of the book make for a fun read aloud. My 'meh' issue on this particular book is the amount of toe kissing and 'delicious-ness' of feet. I mean, sure, kiss a kid's toes or whatever but you will never sell me on delicious feet.

Jun 18, 2013 Taryn rated it it was amazing
Shelves: easy-readers, 2013, babies
Precious. And the artwork is so cute with its collage cut out look. Can't wait to kiss my baby's 10 tiny toes!!!!
Could read part for babytime.
Beautiful paper collage illustrations and sweet text about one's love for babies.
Dec 02, 2012 Pat rated it liked it
Almost a **** book. I got this for a gift. The illustrations were so cute and I thought a wonderful first baby book for the parents.
Sep 11, 2012 Kelsey rated it liked it
Shelves: infant, toddler
Age: Infant-Preschool

A book admiring those ten tiny toes in all their cuteness. Another story a bit more therapeutic to the caregivers than the child.
Teresa Scherping
Sep 19, 2012 Teresa Scherping rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-book, babies
The rhyming text is a little long and the book could be vulnerable to little fingers tearing the pages, but otherwise this is a perfect book for parents to read to their littlest ones!
Cathy Blackler
Charming story told in rhyme, accompanied by Marc Brown's illustrations, celebrating a baby's milestones. This would be a wonderful baby shower gift.
Brenda Kahn
Cute and sweet - high praise from a curmudgeon who no longer finds babies adorable. Really digging Marc Brown's illustration evolution.
Dec 07, 2012 Joenna rated it it was amazing
Shelves: toddler
Illustrations and rhyming text celebrate a parents' joy as ten tiny toes enter the world and, later, learn to walk, bop,and jump.

This book made me tear up, it's super sweet.
Nov 24, 2012 Liz rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2012-13
Wonderful Marc Brown illustrations of adorable children and their cute little toes. Seems to be more for adults than children (like LOVE YOU FOREVER) but very cute.
Emily rated it really liked it
Nov 06, 2012
Jonathan rated it liked it
Jul 06, 2015
Lisa Marie
Lisa Marie rated it liked it
Jul 30, 2013