Start by marking “Live the Dream: No More Excuses” as Want to Read:
Live the Dream: No More Excuses

Live the Dream: No More Excuses

4.23  ·  Rating Details  ·  102 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
At the age of 24, working with his wife at a car wash, Larry Winters was struggling to get by. He decided he needed to make a change for the better, so he seized control of his life and, day by day, built his own business. Along the way, he learned many lessons about sacrifice, personal responsibility, determination and independence

LIVE THE DREAM: No More Excuses, is Winte
ebook
Published April 3rd 2012 by Center Street (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Live the Dream, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Live the Dream

Valenfore Alestreneon
A masterpiece written by my senior business mentor. A man who went from being a Car wash manager to being a beloved mentor by millions of people in the USA. As typical of Larry's style it has his Christian Republican biases, which are not necessarily factual, but I'm secure in my paradigm so I can just ignore them since the meaty stuff is too good! In any case, I recommend it for anyone.
Grace
I've had the privilege of hearing this author speak live, and his writing is like his speaking - simple, honest, down to earth, and real. It's an inspiring true story of how one family decided to make some changes in their habits, thoughts, and lifestyle - and how those decisions have paid off to benefit not only them, but generations of their family and thousands of other people.
Maurice Butler
Jul 06, 2012 Maurice Butler rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I know the author of this book personally. He's one of my life coaches. Everything he talks about is true. He has made a major impact in my life. His passion is empowering everyone who is willing to become more. Take what you learn from this book and win in every area of your life. This should be on the mandatory reading list in schools.
Martha
Apr 07, 2016 Martha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is Great! Everyday you should have a new goal, or even resetting a goal that will help you reach towards your 'vision' but first of course you need that vision. Larry Winters does an awesome job bring that to the surface and calling one to action.

Spaced repetition is a beautiful thing because of what it accomplishes with our mind, so even though I have read books that have spoken on similar concepts as this one and have loved them I still think this one is great too! Loved reading it.
Bingley
Apr 20, 2012 Bingley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
From a writing standpoint, this book is conversational in tone and it's organization is story-like. That kinda gets to me but the content was interesting enough and enjoyable enough to compensate. Generally the book follows an autobiographical narrative with frequent use of flashback to different points in the authors life and business. The general impression I got was encouraging, helpful, and humorous at times. If you are reading or want to read Napoleon Hill and similar "wealth mentality" rea ...more
Jeff Dilbert
I liked the positive message but it was as Yogi Berra said "It was deja vu all over again". Too much repetition. Same message stated in 20 different ways over and over and over. Finally called it off at Chapter 7.
Anna Williams
Jul 28, 2014 Anna Williams rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! What a great book about overcoming obstacles in order to become victorious! This is a great read for anyone wanting to move their life forward.
Aaron Cash
Pretty Good. But doesn't give any actual practical opportunities.... questions to ask.
Maeby215
Apr 17, 2013 Maeby215 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: leadership
Mr Winters book is a message of hope. He really does remove all of the excuses that I have personally made or have heard from other people. I believe that this book challenges you to be better than you are and to chase your dreams with your whole heart. His examples, personal stories, and anecdotes make this story relatable to people in all walks of life. Mr winters has proven that anything is possible if the dream is big enough and you have enough self discipline to keep on trying. Thank you fo ...more
Knows
Apr 10, 2012 Knows rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
If you want to get real help in starting a business that can build off your natural talents, tools like The Unique Genious by Aaron Ross are way better. They provide specific success examples of all different kinds of businesses (not MLM) that tie into what you are actually good at and what you enjoy. I'm sure there are also a ton of other good books and tools that provide real and specific advice - but this book by Larry Winters is not one of them.
Kyle
Jan 15, 2013 Kyle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very insightful and thoroughly enjoyable read for anyone in any type of business. Great leader with unbelievable drive, vision and advice for developing/implementing success principals. Amway is a great organization and highly recommend anyone looking for a low cost business model check out the company, people and products. http://www.amway.com/kylemusser

Stephen
Jun 18, 2012 Stephen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was written by our business leader. It is great for me to read how someone worked his own home-based internet business, and made more income than any 9-5 job could do. It inspires me to continue to work my own business for more time to do other activities during the week.
Dorothy
Jul 17, 2012 Dorothy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help
This book is a real inspiration. Once you pick it up you won't wantto put it down. He focuses on business and puts God where He belongs in the center of business and life. Read it! For it will open the eyes of your heart.
Renee
Dec 21, 2012 Renee rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
There wasn't much in the way of solid specific ways to live the dream. I kept looking to see the plan but never could find it other than don't think job mentality
Victoria
Oct 31, 2012 Victoria rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Thought process is what this book is about, and readability from someone who connects easily with an audience.
Jessica Metcalf
Jun 20, 2012 Jessica Metcalf rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read. What a success story, climbing from being a car wash employee to multi-millionaire in his own business.
Katarina
Jul 05, 2015 Katarina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You just have to read it. It changes everything.
John Rudder
John Rudder marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2016
Jasmine
Jasmine rated it it was amazing
Aug 25, 2016
Chad
Chad is currently reading it
Aug 14, 2016
Angela
Angela added it
Aug 10, 2016
Aaron
Aaron marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2016
Richard Moore
Richard Moore marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2016
Ashley Briggs
Ashley Briggs rated it it was amazing
Jul 23, 2016
Stacey Jean Smith
Stacey Jean Smith marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2016
Ashley
Ashley added it
Jul 01, 2016
Devon Darden
Devon Darden marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2016
  • Jeremy Lin: The Reason for the Linsanity
  • Be Fearless: Change Your Life in 28 Days
  • Wired that Way: The Comprehensive Personality Plan
  • Work Happy: What Great Bosses Know
  • How Great Women Lead: A Mother-Daughter Adventure into the Lives of Women Shaping the World
  • The Freshman Survival Guide: Soulful Advice for Studying, Socializing, and Everything in Between
  • Dynamic People Skills
  • Tweak It: Make What Matters to You Happen Every Day
  • Shadowbosses: Government Unions Control America and Rob Taxpayers Blind
  • Win: The Key Principles to Take Your Business from Ordinary to Extraordinary
  • Once Upon a Gypsy Moon: An Improbable Voyage and One Man's Yearning for Redemption
  • Government Bullies: How Everyday  Americans Are Being Arrested, Abused, and Terrorized By the Feds
  • The Referral of a Lifetime: The Networking System That Produces Bottom-Line Results...Every Day!
  • How Successful People Lead: Taking Your Influence to the Next Level
  • Hot or Not: : How to Know If Your Business Idea Will Fly or Fail
  • Rebounders: How Winners Pivot from Setback to Success
  • The Perfect Gentleman: A Muslim Boy Meets the West

“As President Reagan once said, “Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again.” 0 likes