Start by marking “Low Pressure” as Want to Read:
Low Pressure

Low Pressure

3.85  ·  Rating Details  ·  12,340 Ratings  ·  1,192 Reviews
Bellamy Lyston was only 12 years old when her older sister Susan was killed on a stormy Memorial Day. Bellamy's fear of storms is a legacy of the tornado that destroyed the crime scene along with her memory of what really happened during the day's most devastating moments.

Now, 18 years later, Bellamy has written a sensational, bestselling novel based on Susan's murder. Bec
Published September 18th 2012 by Grand Central Publishing (first published 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Low Pressure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Low Pressure

♥Sharon♥
Feb 26, 2015 ♥Sharon♥ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I honestly didn’t expect to like this one as much as I did. It started off slow but around the 30% mark, in true SB form she throws in a twist in and I was hooked.

I really enjoyed the two main characters, Denton Carter and Bellamy Lyston Price. But in the best of SB books she always surrounds them with a cast of secondary characters that are fantastic and in this one I think they are what kept me so engaged.

There is Gall Hathaway which is the only one that Denton considered family. He provided
Mo
Feb 26, 2015 Mo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I started this book twice and gave up. I even posted gifs stating that I was bored. So I put it aside. The I saw this review ...

Sharon's wonderful review

I thought to myself, "Mmmm, now Sharon and myself like a lot of the same books. We LOVE most of the SB books we have read, so what was I missing here?" Decided to give it another shot. I mean, a bad SB book for me is a GOOD book. I started again from the beginning 'cos, as you know, at my age, the memory isn't the greatest. I swear I thought I w
Jill
Aug 21, 2012 Jill rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Bellamy Price has written a best-selling novel under an assumed name. The novel, is a fictionalised account of her family's tragic true story. Eighteen years ago her sixteen year-old sister was murdered, strangled to death at a Memorial Day barbecue hosted by her wealthy parents. A tornado ripped through the celebrations soon after, scattering any evidence to the four winds.

When her real name is exposed and the truth behind the fiction revealed, Bellamy starts receiving threats. The novel for B
Crista
It's been awhile since I struggled to finish a book as much as this one. After reading the sensational book Lethal, I had high hopes and expectations for this one. Unfortunately, this one fell way short.

The chemistry that was so scorching and believable in Lethal was missing in this book. I love romantic suspense novels, and I would concede that it is difficult to find a book that can balance both the romance and the suspense plots equally.

Low Pressure tells the story of a woman who is trying t
NinaReader
Aug 07, 2015 NinaReader rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
4.25 Surprising Stars!

I ended up liking this more than I thought. It was thrilling and the story was laid out in layers and and the reveals are done slowly and by all the different characters.

This was a very well written thrilling story that I thought I had figured out but the last couple of chapters twisted and turned and my assumptions were dead wrong. I wasn't even close.

And though this one tragedy affected the lives of so many, it ends with a bit of romance and a conclusion that's hopeful.
Jen
Sep 13, 2012 Jen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fv, brown
Bellamy and Dent

Tight suspense plot and so-so romance. A lot of players but done very well.

Full review on Fiction Vixen Book Reviews

Sandra Brown is known for her strong romantic suspense novels. I have always been a fan. Low Pressure is the title of a book written by our main protagonist Bellamy Lyston Price and also happens to be the title of this book.

As with most other Sandra Brown books there are many players. We have our main couple of Dent and Bellamy, Bellamy’s family which in
Edie Houston
Oct 01, 2012 Edie Houston rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I am a fan of Sandra Brown and have read most of her releases throughout the years. I find that most of her books can be classified as ‘easy reading’ in that they do not require a great deal of emotional investment and you can generally get through them in one day. ”Low Pressure” is no exception.

I, personally, prefer books that involve me a bit more. I like to have to work at guessing who the killer is and, hopefully, the ‘why’ as well. I like to identify with the heroine and I like to find the
Ya~
Jun 17, 2015 Ya~ rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sandra-brown
Even with a predictable plot, Brown wrote a tight-knit story without exaggerated twists. Unfortunately, an absence of chemistry between MCs did make them a rather dull, uninteresting couple:/
Laylah
Aug 24, 2013 Laylah rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Picked this up at the airport, desperate to read something. It was a perfect read for that purpose, much the same way trashy magazines are. I had hoped from the cover blurb for a bit more to it though. I figured out who the killer was three chapters in. Had not figured out the motive until half way through, but was close enough it didn't matter. The red herrings are explained almost as quickly as they are introduced. I was a little appalled at the heroine's behavior, with regard to dying relativ ...more
Maldivianbookreviewer
I have been putting off reading some of the standalone romantic suspense titles by Sandra Brown that had been published of late because some readers have attested to the fact that some of the titles were pure suspense with very little romance in them. Though I love a thriller every now and then, I need my dose of romance in novels to satisfy the closeted romantic deep inside of me. Which is why Low Pressure proved to be such a delicious surprise because the romance between Bellamy Lyston Price a ...more
Chloe
Feb 19, 2015 Chloe rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recently, I read Lethal my first Sandra Brown book and I loved it - "5 fabulous stars" loved it in fact. So, as you can imagine, I had high hopes for this one. I had visions of Sandra Brown becoming a new fav author of mine!

Unfortunately, this book fell way short of the mark for me. Romantic suspense? While it worked brilliantly in Lethal, it was just plain missing in Low Pressure. The main character of Dent (view spoiler)
Linda Boyd
This book kept me on a rollercoaster the entire time, I was totally surprised when I found out who the killer was and I had not idea until I was near the end of the book. Bellamy Lyston Price wrote a book about her sister's murder that happened 16 years ago and it totally destroyed their family. Bellamy could not get the whole ordeal out of her head so she decided to write a book about it and she hoped that the murder would become clear in her mind. There was 1 thing that kind of got on my nerve ...more
Marleen
Sep 28, 2014 Marleen rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Maybe it wasn't the right time for me to read this book, because I didn't enjoy it.
I wonder if my rating is valid as I only read the first 200 pages. Nevertheless what I read was boring, predictable and unoriginal. Mostly I didn't enjoy the characters, especially the lead female, a self-righteous, colorless, rich girl that didn't think about the consequences of her actions (= writing a book about her family secrets without giving the heads-up to all involved). I so didn't like Bellamy from the
Tesrin
I am so freaking tired and I need sleep but I can't put it down 4.5

So here's the deal, I was NOT sure about this story, because although it was good the book does NOT take off until the 2nd half. And boy are there twists and turns.

First of, let's get this out of the way, I looooooooove Dent, my kinda hero, bad boy and smart-ass, all rolled up in one fine package. Bellamy is my kinda heroine too, she's tenacious and brave, even though what happened 18 years ago was horrible and you know how horri
İlkim
Fena bir kurgu değil ama çok uzatılmış öncelikle. Ayrıca pardon da katil başka kim olabilirdi ki?
Keri
This was more like it. I love it when SB gets in right for me. Tight, sexy romantic suspense.
José Jorge
Tirando as partes super lamechas, até houve situações que surpreenderam.
Christina
Never read Sandra Brown before and this book was on sale at B&N so I decided to give it a go.

It was... ok.

The gist of the book is the main character, Bellamy, writes a book under a pseudonym about her sister's murder which happened years before. She does it as "therapy" to help her come to turns with the loss. Also because she thinks the guy in jail may not be the guy who did it. Stretching this already thin premise even further is she arranges to give the book to the ex-boyfriend of her si
Vi
Jan 29, 2016 Vi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Read full review on Gone With The Books

Sandra Brown knows how to fascinate the readers eye. Low Pressure is an intriguing thriller, bloody, full of passion, hate, rage and very plain-spoken. But never vulgar, never dull. The Author masters the fine thightrope walk perfectly without losing her high language level. She has a very sensitive and unique way to tell a high class plot. The perfect mixture of language, big feelings, a breathtaking landscape and great scenes gives the thriller a fantasti
Dale Harcombe
I picked this up from the library on the off chance. The story is about Bellamy who was twelve when her sister Susan was murdered. Eighteen years later, in an attempt to try and make sense of it, she writes a novel based on her sister’s murder. Bellamy had hoped to remain anonymous, but the truth of her identity and that it is based on a real event surfaces.
Then there is Denton Carter, a pilot who had been Susan’s boyfriend when she was sixteen and till just before she was killed. Circumstances
Carrie
3.5*
Grade B/B-
Narration B

I enjoyed the book, including the narrator, Stephen Lang. At times I thought he was almost as good as Viktor Slezak as far as his voice, but he isn't as consistent as Slezak is. I was satisfied, however and it was a good listening experience.

The story wasn't my favorite.. mainly because it took so long for the protagonists to come together in any real way. They were antagonistic for a long time. The plotting also didn't seem quite as smooth as some of Brown's earlier boo
Aimen
LOW PRESSURE is one of those books that is partly AWESOME and partly really, really to-the-point-of-inducing-seriously-harmful-eyerolling dumb. I'm surprised this book is labelled specifically as ROMANTIC suspense because personally, I thought that the romance was lukewarm at best and laughable at worst. It was all just so painfully and neatly patterened that despite all the build up or lack thereof, I knew exactly when something was going to happen between Bellamy and Dent and exactly when they ...more
Silvia Ribeiro
3,5 estrelas.
Um dos melhores elogios que se podem fazer à Sandra Brown é que as ler os livros dela parece que estamos a ver um filme. Tal é a velocidade com que as ações se desenrolam. Logo nunca se torna chato. Tem falhas ao nível da história com um final que acaba por ser previsível, mas cumpre as expetativas que tinha. Ótimo para ler na praia.
Maureen
I loved the premise and setting of this book, and dove right into it as soon as it became available on NetGalley. It's not the type of book I normally read, to be fair, so it didn't knock my socks off. There was enough suspense to keep me turning the pages, though, but the romance between Bellamy and Dent was a little farfetched. I also found Bellamy to be a little too naive for the type of woman she was portrayed to be. It was a good summer beach read, though, and I am sure fans of Sandra Brown ...more
Liliana Pinto
Este foi o primeiro livro que li de Sandra Brown e, até um quarto do livro estava maravilha. E depois cheguei ao final e fiquei tipo... O que é isto?! Não sei o que se passou na cabeça da escritora mas não era nada daquilo que eu estava à espera.

Susan, a irmã mais velha de Bellamy foi assassinada num dia de feriado que ficou marcado por uma tempestade. Dias mais tarde o alegado assassino de Susan foi preso e acabou por morrer na prisão. Anos mais tarde Bellamy decidi contar a história da sua fam
Diana Donnelly
Jul 09, 2013 Diana Donnelly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Sandra Brown. She knows how to write a great mystery. This book did not disappoint. She knows how to keep you guessing and interested until to last page. Thanks to my daughter for getting this for me. It was a pure pleasure!
Inês Beato
Oct 25, 2014 Inês Beato rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014, owned-paper
Bellamy escreveu um livro sob um pseudónimo acerca do homicídio da sua irmã há 18 anos atrás. O presumível culpado foi preso e morreu na prisão, mas muitas perguntas ficaram por responder sobre esse dia... Quando a identidade de Bellamy é descoberta, bem como o facto dos acontecimentos relatados no seu livro serem nada mais nada menos que a história da sua vida vista pelo prisma de uma rapariga de 12 anos, foram abertas as hostilidades e instalou-se o caos, não só para Bellamy e para a sua famíl ...more
Laylaw
Apr 02, 2015 Laylaw rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is no secret that Sandra Brown has become one of my all time favorite authors, that doesn't mean I love everything (re: Honor Bound), but more often than not she hits it out of the park. Low Pressue was a good book, to the point that I would consider it one of the greats but it wasn't without its issues. (I saw the twist coming early- but I will just chalk that up to my being great, LOL).

photo low pressure.jpg

Regardless of my ability to figure the plot twist out, it was still a great read. Studying the complex c
Lynsey A
Well, I got one of my two hopes for this book. It had a much better epilogue than Lethal. However, the sleazy reporter didn't get his commeupance, but did end up getting the guy who was sleazier than he, with the help of our heroine, of course.

This was a fast read (and the big font helped) and an intriguing story. Bellamy and Dent are at odds through a great deal of the book but it didn't bother me too much. Their love story was sweet in that she got to end up with her childhood crush. There wer
Lucie Paris
Sep 25, 2012 Lucie Paris rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Impeccable! As usual, I was not disappointed by the new romantic thriller wonderfully written by Sandra Brown. The reading is rhythmic, absorbing and fascinating with tons of surprises... Impossible to put down this book before it was finished!

I admit I'm rarely disappointed by a plot proposed by this author. Action, suspense and new developments. There is also depth in the characters that are never smooth, never made of one single color. Nothing is ever simple with Sandra Brown like in real lif
  • Shiver
  • Driven by Fire (Fire, #2)
  • Stalked (Lucy Kincaid, #5)
  • If You See Her (The Ash Trilogy, #2)
  • Close Your Eyes (Kendra Michael, #1)
  • Sweet Talk (Buchanan-Renard, #10)
  • Scorched (Tracers #6)
  • What She Doesn't Know
  • Where There Is Evil
  • You Don't Want To Know
  • Cold Pursuit (Cold Justice, #2)
  • Prey
  • Backfire (FBI Thriller, #16)
  • Reno Gabrini: A Man in Full (Romancing the Mob Boss #8)
  • Run from Fear (Dead Wrong, #3)
  • Her Own Best Enemy
  • Edge of Midnight (Chasing Evil, #3)

Sandra Brown is the author of more than sixty New York Times bestsellers, including FRICTION (2015), MEAN STREAK (2014), DEADLINE(2013), LOW PRESSURE (2012), LETHAL (2011), & TOUGH CUSTOMER (2010).

Brown began her writing career in 1981 and since then has published over
More about Sandra Brown...

“...I have a healthy respect for gravity. The ground is always there, trying to pull you down. It's the most important thing to keep in mind.” 2 likes
“Have you ever heard of the Swiss cheese model?

In order for a catastrophic event, such as a plane crash, to occur, a sequence of events precedes it. Think of these separate factors as slices of Swiss cheese lined up one behind the other. If any one of the holes in them doesn't align with the others, the series of events is changed or curtailed, and a catastrophe is prevented."

"But if all the holes line up ---"

"The door is open for disaster.”
0 likes