Blank-133x176
Believing It All: What...

Marc Parent

Believing It All: What My Children Taught Me About Trout Fishing, Jelly Toast, and Life

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  73 ratings  ·  13 reviews
The acclaimed book in which a natural-born storyteller relays the vital lessons and inspiration he has drawn from life's most perfect teachers: children.
ebook
Published May 23rd 2001 by Little, Brown and Company (first published May 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Believing It All, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Believing It All

Topmar
This is one of those reads that begs me to mix metaphors: the cat's meow, apple of my eye, bees' knees (and do bees really have knees? or do wasps?)... A find from my little library down the street. Even my snooty English grad school pal had to admit the writing is superior.

A must for anyone out there with kids.

(P.S. I prefer the original subtitle of what must be the first hard cover edition. It's "What my children taught me about trout fishing, jelly toast, and life".)
Anna- Lesa
It was good, but a little corny too. I'm not gonna lie, I cried a few times, but overall exactly what you would expect.
I also thought the author focused on his oldest child way more than the little guy!
Heather
A quiet little series of reflections from a stay at home dad living with his two little sons on a rural area, trying to make sense of life and find wisdom in their childhood. Quick read.
Erika
Nov 09, 2008 Erika rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Parents--especially of boys
Recommended to Erika by: My nieghbor - a parent of two boys!
As a parent of two young boys, I really enjoyed this. Marc Parent is a beautiful writer and nails many of the emotions that come along with parenthood on the head!
Shawna Prather
Great book for anybody with kids..kinda makes you think about the stuff that is really important like mud puddles and comes from a realistic perspective
Susan  Thompson
Loved, loved this book! Poignant and beautifully written, this is the story of a stay-at-home / writer dad and his two young boys.
Mary
I love this book. I've given it away to friends who are parents. It's warm and thoughtful and hilarious.
Kallie
I loved reading this book. The way the author described things about life really resonated with me.
Mindy
One of the few books I have read twice. Listen to audio version for added enjoyment.
sleeps9hours
Really liked this reflection on parenthood by an insightful father.
Lisa Burtt
Great little book about a stay-at-home dad - very cute!
L.
The joys of fatherhood as told by a stay-at-home dad.
Joan
Good thought fodder.
Dawn Chapman
Dawn Chapman marked it as to-read
May 29, 2014
Zuzana Boudová
Zuzana Boudová marked it as to-read
May 22, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2014
Brad
Brad marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2013
Apryl
Apryl added it
Oct 25, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Turning Stones: My Days and Nights with Children at Risk: A Caseworker's Story The Secret Society of Demolition Writers Homosexuality In History Stella Believing It All: What My Children Taught Me about Trout Fishing, Jelly Toast, and Life

“Falling as deeply in love with as many people, places, and things as you possibly can -- that's the best revenge on the unjust brevity of this fragile life.” 15 likes
“In the end, it's not what we keep our children from that will save them. It's what we put into them in the first place.” 11 likes