Start by marking “From Rags” as Want to Read:
From Rags

From Rags

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  10,636 ratings  ·  666 reviews
There has only been three people in Jaxxon Carter's life who truly mattered to her. Her mum, who committed suicide. Her sister, who she hasn’t seen since her teens. And Connor McKenzie, who disappeared from her life the same day he left their foster home. The hardest part of that was that he never completely left her life because she was forever seeing him on T.V. or in ma ...more
Published March 4th 2012 by Suzanne Wright (first published January 14th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about From Rags, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about From Rags

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesBared to You by Sylvia DayFifty Shades Darker by E.L. JamesGabriel's Inferno by Sylvain Reynard
Most Possessive Romantic Men
33rd out of 896 books — 1,439 voters
Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesBeautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireBared to You by Sylvia DayFifty Shades Darker by E.L. JamesFifty Shades Freed by E.L. James
Controlling/Sexy/Possessive Men
141st out of 2,065 books — 4,897 voters

More lists with this book...

4.5 Stars

“If you were hoping to find that despite my background I’m some kind of lovely young lady who birds tweet at, prepare to be disappointed. I’m a moody cow and I k now it. This isn’t a Cinderella story, this is more like Harry Potter and the Gob of Ire.”

Meet Jaxxon:

She is feisty, hard-headed, curses like a sailor and a can be a moody beatch. And....I loved her!

Nothing angelic about Connor; he wore either a frown or a cocky smirk and was anything but delicate with his athletic build and
Alexis *Reality Bites*
Spoiler Free Review -Quick Review
4.5 STARS out of 5
Genre: Adult Contemporary Romance

Loved. Every. Damn. Line. I. read.
Jaxx is hands down one of the best female characters I have had the pleasure to read! Loves her! ;)

From Rags is a hilariously sexy story about a young girl that goes from foster care and growing up in the slums. To having her face on the cover of magazines and being known worldwide as the face of Allure cosmetics.

Jaxxon Carter has not had an easy life, in fact after only having t
Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog
Five++ Bloody Brilliant Stars :)

Okay. I need to calm my arse down a little here. Normally I would swoon over the Hero, but I must say, I loved the heroine more. Yes, I would go bi for this cheeky Brit. Mother Lord Jaxxon was a fantastic female lead. She was not your typical heroine. She’s beautiful, but she’s no where near conceited. She’s ballsy, curses like a sailor, and not at all intimidated by anyone. She tells it how it is and there is no censor on that mouth of hers. She’s mental and I ef

5 Surprising, In your Face, No Holds Barred, Gutsy Broad Stars * * * * *

I don't know about you... but I love surprises. The idea of something unexpected jumping out and grabbing you ... either a happy feeling of joy... or it can be the shock of thinking you know exactly what will happen and then Bam the story takes you to a whole other place... I love all of it.

And the best type of surprise is meeting an author, not knowing anything about them and falling head over heels in love. Suzanne Wright
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~

Anytime I leave my beloved M/M genre, I realize the following:

1. I really am a gay man trapped in a straight woman's body. Officially no doubt.

2. When you call a female character "strong," she has to be more than a cocky, my-way-or-the-highway, fuck-you-telling-me-what-to-do kind of girl. Cause that's not strong, just immature.

This really was another self-published, silly NA erotica with an over-the-top angsty plot, a very jealous and violent leading man (since when is that attractive?
“Sometimes people who you loved just didn’t love you back, even if they were supposed to.”

I can honestly say that this was probably one of the best books I’ve read lately. It’s sooooo good and you can’t help but be stuck to the story since the first page.

Jaxxon and Connor met in foster care when she was 12 and he was 14. Since the beginning Connor was ultra protective of Jaxx and she can’t help have a huge teen crush on him. On the day he celebrates 16 years he has to get out and foster car
He fisted a hand into her ringlets and tugged so she’d look up at him. “I have to have you, Jaxx. I want to fuck you so bad my cock actually fucking hurts. They might not be sweet, flowery, poetic words – the kind you’d laugh at – but that’s the truth. I have to know what it’s like to be deep inside you.”

HONKA.HONKA.HOLY.SEXY.MAMA !!! God that didnt even make any sense !!

Suzanne Wright , damn you woman !!!! Why must you write about such yummy , scrumptiously delicious , all man-man , ho
Dec 20, 2012 ♥Rachel♥ rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to ♥Rachel♥ by: Buddy read with Bethany & Jenn
From Rags is a blend of everything I love: SMOKING HOT sexual tension that comes from an antagonistic relationship, suspense filled mystery, and a romance stemming from a long-time friendship. To find such an addicting story from a self-published author is gratifying.

Jaxxon grew up in foster homes when her loser mother overdosed and died when she was eight. She had no one but her older sister Leah and Connor McKenzie, another foster care mate. Both left her and never came back when they were at
“Like it or not, your business became mine the minute you let me inside your body.”

I like this book. Especially the banter & the hot scenes (plenty hot scenes @_@)

Uploaded with
It started when Jaxxon was fourteen years old and her sister leaving her on foster house. Left alone by all she love including Connor who promised to visit her & kissed her before he left. Fast forward, after eight years, Jaxx was discovered and became the face of "Allured". She became popular with
Kellie is a bookwhoreasaurus

Usually In these sorts of books love the Alpha and like the heroine.

I LOVED the heroine Jaxxon as much as I loved the Hero Connor.

Jaxxon and Connor grew up in foster care together, when he left when he was 16 and she was 14, he kissed her told he cared for her and would come back.

He never did.

Fast forward 8 years later..

Jaxxon is a hardass self proclaimed (and def is! )bitch, she's working in a shit hole of a pub. When modelling agent Richie spots her and asks her to try out for the face of
Aug 16, 2012 Juls rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Juls by: Dominique
Its official! Jaxxon is my now Fav female lead. She was amazing! I loved her attitude to life, love, relationships, and just everything. She doesn’t bow down to anyone. Not even the hunky love of her life, Connor.
Those two had the worst kind of childhood but like the title they went From Rags to Celebs. But the best part about them was they never left themselves from who they really are, they were real. Yeah Connor might have had his share of women but Jaxxon and Conner were grounded, at least
Cover - naff as fuck, 1 out of 5
Title - 3 out of 5
Favorite Line - "Here's something for you to remember; you might have been born into money, but you came out of a vagina the same as everyone else. Popping out of one that's rich doesn't make you anything but lucky, or susceptible to being stuck your own arse. Whichever."
Favorite Character - Jaxx

I was not expecting to like this book even half as much as i did, seriously! Jaxx is an amazing character, her attitude & humor rocked throughout th
I honestly don’t even know where to start with this book. I just loved every single thing about it. Jaxxon and Connor are absolutely incredible.
One thing that I think gave this book the extra edge, for me personally was the English slang. Whenever there was a typical English phrase I almost wet myself laughing, I don’t even know why really. It was just refreshing for me to hear so many words that I, and friends, use all the time. I loved it. Just seeing the word ’arse’ and not ’ass’ made me a
Akanksha❤ Søren♰
Oct 20, 2012 Akanksha❤ Søren♰ rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: EVERYONE!!!
Recommended to Akanksha❤ Søren♰ by: Lucinda - I JUST LOVE TO READ
English slag *swoons*
The author is really something!! The funny, frank, blunt, full of humor and angry comebacks are sheer epic and a pleasure to read!! LOVED IT

Connor <3 LOVE YOU so effing much :D :D

Jaxx! Woah! One of my favorite characters ever :D Crazy chick..
She is probabilly the best chick character I've ever read, so re-freshing and so not at all the 'Bella' types who needs a man to be who she wants to be.. She stands for herself, fights her own battles and thank fucking hell she doesn
This is the type of love story I encounter now and then that has many flaws but I ignore them and love it anyway lol While reading this book I was frequently shaking my head thinking ‘these characters /situations are over the top but I’m enjoying it so much, I must be losing it’. It needed a better editing, plus there were some British slang/words I didn’t understand. The H/h emotional entanglement was shown mostly during the love scenes but it worked for me this time. The heroine was outspoken, ...more
3 stars.
It was okay.
Some of it was really good.

The British slang was a highlight for me,
but I like watching Eastenders and Downton Abbey???
(not sure how that signifies)
The sex scenes are actually stellar, imho
(not that I am an expert, but hey they rocked my world a little bit).

The rest was pretty much just ok.
There wasn't much emotional development between the two leads. We were told about "it", "it' took place off screen, but we didn't get to experience "it".

This is basically the story of h
Rating 3.5
Well I have to be honest I wouldn't have given this book a try if it wasn't for a friend's recommendation and I liked the book, it was in one word pretty crude and sexually charged, featured a heroine who was in one word outspoken and a hero/heroine who had a tendency to air their sexual laundry everywhere and acted kind of like brats publicly making a spectacle of themselves and the cave-man behaviour. So, I have now listed what all stuff you will find in the book and these may make y
Holy hotness Batman!

All I can say is that Wright sure knows how to write a good sex scenes, and I mean GOOOOOD! The tension, attraction, aggression between Jaxx and Connor top notch!

The story line was not the most original or surprising and what are the chances of two most famous people in the world coming from the same foster home?

There was a lot, and I mean a lot of editing and grammar errors. I don't know who's fault was it, I'm suspecting Kindle's but than again Feral Sins version I got a
*sigh* I love stories of childhood crushes reunited in adulthood only to find that they are both still mad for each other! And OMG were these two mad for each other!

The sexual tension in this book is absolutely INSANE! And they were not afraid of letting it all out – and they didn't care who was listening! Some of their teasing made me blush, both of them having absolutely no shame! And then when they actually got together. Holy freaking hotness! So much steam!

But I digress….

Jaxxon Carter grew
Really liked it. Few gripes about it - some of the spelling was awful: think chalet has only one "l". Leah's husband was a plumber not a plummer. Also I think if you went to a posh restaurant at a ski resort in France I doubt if garlic bread would be on the menu or vinegar on the table .... but other than that it was a good read!
****4.5 Hammering Stars****

Hot! Hot! Hot!

I loved this book! I don't know why I've waited so long read it!!

The intensity of the sex scenes is mind blowing. Some of the hottest yet tasteful scenes I've read in a while. The slow build up is what makes them stand out- well that and the Jackhammering ! Woo! Yes that's right ladies! That alone should make you want to read it!

In the beginning, I felt there was a lack of dialogue but that soon changed so it didn't deter from my rating!

I enjoyed wa
Jaxxon and Connor grew up together in a foster house... They're were always together and he was constantly protecting her from others.
Until the day he was 16 and left the house, promising her he would be back! She never saw him since then.

Image Hosted by

To make matters worse, after he left, the few people she cared about, left her too...The last blow, was her sister leaving her and telling her how Connor was her boyfriend and how he always ended up around Jaxx for pity.

" One thing that had kept Jaxxon from l
I really wanted to love this book but it just fell a bit flat for me. The characters felt two dimensional at times and the story lines were resolved too quickly. I like a story to have some tension building and angst and this one just didn't! I liked alpha Connor but I didn't love him and Jaxxon wasn't a sympathetic character for me. 3 so-so stars.
in light of the seriousness of some of the situations this book had me giggling! I adored Jaxxon's girl-power and her banter had me in hysterics! this was a great start to my 2013 book challenge :)

this would have gotten more stars but the cover is a snooze! you'd never expect that this book packed serious serious STEAM! steam people! !!!
Lisa Jayne
Enjoyable, easy, yummy characters, great story line, steamy.

This book had everything in it to be great and it was. There were some annoying mistakes in it which at points made the book not flow as it should - but I absolutely loved the storyline. A part of me hopes this book gets re edited in the future as I think it's a Shame for such a great read not to shine at it best! But moving on ...

Ok the yummy bits for me, I love love loved the heroine Jaxx - which is unusual as I often find the main fe
Sarah ❤️ Literary Hottie
4.5 stars, really enjoyed this one and would definitely recommend. Loved the feisty, strong willed heroine and the truly alpha lead male. Loved that there was a strong and interesting story line to go along with the steamy hot bedroom (oh and outdoor) scenes! Was such a quick read because I couldn't put it down. Will now be looking out for other books by this author.
Jennifer Kyle
Jaxx and Connor what a pair! Foster kids/Racecar driver & Model

Jaxx is an amazing female character she has smarts, attitude and a fresh mouth. Connor is a racecar driver and play boy. They share a connection from their past and an more intense connection once they are reunited! Through and through this was a great read!
At fifteen Jaxxon Carter's life went from bad to worse. She had lost her mother years before when she committed suicide, her best friend and protector in her foster home left promising to come back, but never returned, and lastly her sister is walking out of her life leaving some biting words in her path. Alone Jaxxon learned the hard way how to protect herself and make a life for herself, even if it is living in squalor at least it's a life.

Years later Jaxxon is a waitress full of attitude when
Once again Suzanne Wright has done an awesomelyfantastic job! I am quickly going through all her published books and so far I have absolutely loved all of them! From Rags was no exception! I have to admit though, that it wasn't super high on my list to read, until it was chosen for me in a PIFM challenge. I am so glad it was too because it was fabulous! Connor is probably one of the most possessive alpha swoon worthy hunks of man flesh I have read about in quite some time, if ever! Jaxx was one ...more
Smitten's Book Blog

Mmmm... how to go about review From Rags? I always feel bad rating less than four stars but... I don't know whether it was my state of mind, the fact I read this after reading a book I couldn't shift from my mind or the fact that this just didn't hit the spot... but I found it hard to connect with this book.

It was ok, and I didn't feel the need to throw in the towel at any point, but I wasn't chomping at the bit to get to it when real life got in the way and I did get distracted a lot whilst rea
Anyone else surprised by this book? 12 135 Oct 25, 2014 10:17AM
Great read 7 48 Nov 22, 2013 10:25AM
characters like Jaxx? 3 107 Jun 30, 2013 03:13AM
What's The Name o...: Friends that lose contact and refind each other later on, then fall in love?[s] 4 70 May 04, 2013 07:22PM
Fifty Shades Supp...: Buddy Read- From Rags 179 174 Oct 30, 2012 06:20AM
  • A Modern Love Story
  • Evelyn Vine Be Mine
  • Insufferable Proximity (Insufferable Proximity, #1)
  • An Ordinary Girl
  • Brother's Keeper
  • With Everything I Am (The Three, #2)
  • The Trouble with Tomboys (Tommy Creek, #1)
  • Painted Faces (Painted Faces, #1)
  • Happy Hour (Racing on the Edge, #1)
  • Freeing Asia (Breaking Free, #1)
  • Truth and Humility (Captive, #1)
  • The Do-Over
  • Exquisite (Exquisite, #1)
  • Awakening the Mobster (Mobster, #2)
  • Wicked Game
  • Black Butterfly
Suzanne Wright lives in England with her husband, two children, and her bulldog. When she's not spending time with her family, she's writing, reading, or doing her version of housework - sweeping the house with a look.
More about Suzanne Wright...
Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1) Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2) Here Be Sexist Vampires (Deep In Your Veins, #1) The Bite That Binds (Deep In Your Veins, #2) Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)

“Here's something for you to remember; you might have been born into money, but you came out of a vagina the same as everyone else. Popping out of one that's rich doesn't make you anything but lucky, or susceptible to being stuck your own arse. Whichever.” 74 likes
“Even bitches can get a break in life.” 57 likes