Start by marking “Starting Your Day Right: Devotions for Each Morning of the Year” as Want to Read:
Blank-133x176
Starting Your Day Righ...

Joyce Meyer

Starting Your Day Right: Devotions for Each Morning of the Year

4.5 of 5 stars 4.50  ·  rating details  ·  560 ratings  ·  43 reviews
Readers are invited to start the morning off right with #1 New York Times bestselling author Joyce Meyer's devotions for each day of the year.
ebook
Published March 15th 2004 by FaithWords (first published November 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Starting Your Day Right, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Starting Your Day Right

Yolanda
This book is on my desk at work. I read the day's devotion every morning to set my mind in the right place. I think I must have read it completely through at least 3 times. I always get something new and encouraging from it, so I'll just keep it up.
Melissa Mc Lees
This daily devotion was good, but be extremely careful about how you read it, and make sure that you get a dictionary to look up words that you do not understand. Also read this book when you are fully awake.
Lisa Topp
Joyce Meyer is one of my favorite authors. This is the best daily devotional I have ever found - and I've tried a lot! Short, relavant and powerful!
Alissa Cook
I have several books just like this one, and I love them all!! It's so nice to read these each day. There's one page dedicated to each day of the year. I have plenty of time to do my thing in the mornings but I know some of you are on a tight schedule each day and don't have time to spare. This book is perfectly suited for you, in that if need be, the day's excerpt can be read very quickly and you can move on if you don't have the time to sit and ponder what you've just read, sort through your t ...more
Jennifer Cox
I love this book as "Ending Your Day Right" very much. When I was deployed to Afghanistan I really had little time to do any kind of lengthy Bible studies. These books made my life much better and picked me up when I was down. They made me get up and get going when I did not want to, and good about the things I had done throughout the day. They were just enough of a reminder to listen to God throughout my day. I will read them again and again I am sure!
Nichole
My Nana gave this book to me when I graduated from college. At first I was apprehensive because I'm not the most keen Christian. But honestly? Every day I have read the advice, for one reason or another, it's been... uplifting to say the least.
Janet
I love this!! Must Read it daily. My 19 year old got it for me for Christmas. It actually is bound with Ending your day Right on the Flipside of the book. what can I say.. I haven't listed all of my Joyce Meyer reads, but we go waaay back :) I watch her every weekday morning at 6 am, and pull her up on my laptop if I miss or on the weekends.
When it comes to emotions, the power of the mind & words, overcoming obstacles, true forgiveness, honest truth of looking at ourselves and making changes
Samantha
Review coming soon...
Rene
This is an amazing start to your day!
keep it under your arm for feeling whole, place it in your heart, and further further to bible verses for more knowledge :)
Every time I open this book for the particular day, it manages to conquer just the right spiritual stronghold of the day :)
God is infused in the book, and allows you to live life in a loving, Christian way :)
Ditch your silly horoscope, and live life like Christ!:)
Rena Jane
This has a Bible quote and a short passage about applying it to daily life. I'm enjoying this devotion as a way to begin my day.

I'm continually impressed with how, even at a random level, these daily devotions help set me up for my day, and often bring comfort and affirmation when I need it most. They so often touch me right where my greatest concerns are and give me strength, hope and inspiration.
Mimi
I loved this book because it motivated me to start my day thinking positively and to embrace my spiritual connection with God and one of the most important messages of this book is to be grateful for the things you have and never forget the heavenly father.

It's a great book to read daily.
Kate
Feb 18, 2009 Kate rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone
Recommended to Kate by: Mom
This was a gift from my Mother. It might mean more to someone who has a tish more faith than I. I have a hard time reading anything that comes from the bible. Religion doesn't sit well with me. At least not Christianity. Nice gift, some good "devotions" to think on, but most are only common sense.
Danielle Schmidt
Oct 13, 2007 Danielle Schmidt rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Even the non early birds!
Short weet small easy to carry devo for each day of the year!
Everday has a verse with a short thought the grand total of 2 paragraphs easy for night owls(like me) to even fit in the morning routine!
Jennifer Hall
This was a gift from my sister in law, Jennifer, and it's one of my favorite books. You can read it over and over each year. It's a nice way to start the day out on a positive note.
Donna
The first devotional book I've read entirely! Will probably pick an other of Joyce's devotionals for 2013. So many times it seemed to "speak" directly to me about issues in my life. Wow!
Kelsey
Mar 22, 2011 Kelsey marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I think everyone wakes up to an unhealthy enviorment but this book will help you to wake up to a good start and be excited about what god has in store for you!!
Debra Davison
I have this on my nightstand and try to read it every night. I have had it for several years and still get something out of it every time I read it.
TSS
Nice way to start the morning off with a daily read of scripture from the bible and word of encouragement from the author, Joyce Meyer.
Adam
Feb 15, 2008 Adam rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone seeking encouragement and inspiration.
Recommended to Adam by: My daughter, Lucinda
I'm currently reading this book. It's a great way to remind myself daily, of my own goals and the wonderful future that's soon to come.
Jamie Leeper
This book is a great way to start your day! Short devotions with great messages! Joyce Myer speaks plain and to the point.
La-Shanda
"Starting Your Day Right" is a very spiritual and uplifting book that gives meaning and reasons to live a positive life everyday.
Arlene Biddulph
Mar 30, 2012 Arlene Biddulph is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
I got this from a friend, and I read every single day. Love this book, and the meditations always are spot on for me!
Sheri-Paola Lirio
You know it's going to be a great day if you start it with God's words.

An ongoing book I read everyday. :)
Carmen
All of Joyce Meyer's books are amazing! I highly recommend. Your life will change.
Marianne Pita
Great daily devotional! Clear, inspiring, and a great way to start the day.
Reagan
Such a great start to the day! Daily devotional - a little bit goes a ong way!
Dawn
I read this every day! It is amazing how is always is relavent!
Simona Noce
Its an amazing boost for your mornings! simple, short and filling.
Bridget
Love Joyce Meyer! Great way to set your day on the right path.
  • Rick Warren's Bible Study Methods: Twelve Ways You Can Unlock God's Word
  • The Lady, Her Lover, and Her Lord
  • God Will Make a Way: What to Do When You Don't Know What to Do
  • Becoming the Woman God Wants Me to Be: A 90-Day Guide to Living the Proverbs 31 Life
  • The Tongue - A Creative Force
  • The Power of a Praying® Woman Book of Prayers (Power of a Praying)
  • The Ultimate Guide to the Daniel Fast
  • When GOD Winks on Love: Let the Power of Coincidence Lead You to Love
  • Leadership Promises for Every Day: A Daily Devotional
  • Daily Readings from Your Best Life Now: 90 Devotions for Living at Your Full Potential
  • What Is He Thinking??: What Guys Want Us to Know About Dating, Love, and Marriage
  • If the Buddha Got Stuck: A Handbook for Change on a Spiritual Path
  • Transitions: Prayers and Declarations for a Changing Life
  • Experiencing the Heart of Jesus Workbook: Knowing His Heart, Feeling His Love
  • One Thing You Can't Do in Heaven
JOYCE MEYER is one of the world's leading practical Bible teachers. A #1 New York Times bestselling author, she has written more than seventy inspirational books, including The Confident Woman, Look Great, Feel Great, and the entire Battlefield of the Mind family of books. She has also released thousands of audio teachings as well as a complete video library. Joyce's Enjoying Everyday Life® radio ...more
More about Joyce Meyer...
Battlefield Of The Mind - Winning The Battle In Your Mind Me and My Big Mouth!: Your Answer is Right Under Your Nose The Confident Woman: Start Today Living Boldly and Without Fear Approval Addiction: Overcoming Your Need to Please Everyone The Penny

“God is Good...Jesus is Lord
Be Good to Yourself and each Other
J-Jesus..O-Others..Y-Yourself”
33 likes
“Speak Life Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and they who indulge in it shall eat the fruit of it [for death or life]. PROVERBS 18:21 If we ride to work with somebody and gossip about our boss and talk about how we hate our job and what a stupid place it is, we will have a bad day. The Bible says, “A man’s [moral] self shall be filled with the fruit of his mouth; and with the consequence of his words he must be satisfied [whether good or evil]” (Proverbs 18:20). Clearly, we will have to eat our words, so we need to talk about the right things to be happy. If we murmur and gossip, we will eat the fruit of death. But if we speak life, we will eat the fruit of the Spirit (see Matthew 12:37). Choose to eat good fruit today.” 1 likes