Start by marking “Crazy in Love” as Want to Read:
Crazy in Love

Lani Diane Rich

Crazy in Love

3.71  ·  Rating Details  ·  668 Ratings  ·  49 Reviews
Flynn Daly is turning thirty. And thirty is the age where she has to, gulp, get a job. Not just any job, but a job working for her real estate magnate father, a man who's tired of supporting his daughter through her many careers. So when their great-aunt Esther Goodhouse, proprietress of a historic inn nestled in Nowhere, New York, dies, Flynn finds herself smack dab in th ...more
ebook
Published October 1st 2007 by Forever

To ask other readers questions about Crazy in Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crazy in Love

Jane Stewart
City girl with no skills or passion finds unexpected happiness at a rural hotel, mixed in with murder and embezzlement.

STORY BRIEF:
Flynn is 29 years old with no direction in life. She has had a variety of short term jobs, but has never really learned or achieved anything. She has no passion for anything. Her father Richard is a wealthy real estate developer. They inherited a hotel from Flynn’s great aunt Esther who recently died. Richard asks Flynn to go to the hotel to be a presence, while he f
Cheryl Dennemann houston
This was a fast read. The main character Flynn Daly reminded me of Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum in her one for the money series. Silly, in over her head but determined to succeed. Flynn takes a real job with her family In their real estate business when she believes her dad's health is failing and she feels the pressure of turning 30. Her first assignment is to go to nowhere upstate New York and assess the hotel her great aunt left to her family when she died. Throw in a hot bartender, some ...more
Aliza Tafoya
Just - The romance reader
May 03, 2010 Just - The romance reader rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Jennifer Crusie fans.
Shelves: at-library
Such a fun read. The characters were funny, sexy and smart. Add to that, they had great chemistry, and you've got yourself a story bound to keep you interested.

I'm a huge Jennifer Crusie fan, and I found Crazy In Love reminded me a lot of Crusie's books. I know Crusie and Rich have teamed up, so it makes sense that their styles would perhaps be similar. Similar styles or not, it's a great, fun read.
Nguyễn Hoàng Vũ
Lâu lâu đọc romance giải trí. Điểm cộng là đối thoại hài hước, cốt truyện pha chút hình sự, khá là thú vị. Điểm trừ là hồn ma bà cô già. Mình mua truyện này vì câu giới thiệu "Và vì hồn ma bà cô già vẫn còn nhiều điều ấm ức chưa nói hết..." và mình mong đợi một hồn ma láu cá hơn.
Gail
Oct 14, 2008 Gail rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this one a while ago, and had to go back and look at it again, because I couldn't remember it from the back cover copy. The copy makes it sound like a hundred other humorous contemporary romances--and while it is...it isn't. The heroine seems like your typical ditz--can't stick with any job, has flitted from one to another unlike her workaholic sister. Now she's 30, just quit another job and, I think, broken up with another boyfriend, though she doesn't seem too broken up about it. And he ...more
Olga Godim
Nov 04, 2012 Olga Godim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Although this quaint story, in compliance with its chic lit genre, has two main characters, Jake and Flynn, the novel’s unquestionable treasure is its female lead.
Flynn is a rebel in a family of rich overachievers. While her father and sister have been managing their real estate empire, she has been skipping through a variety of dead-end jobs. She doesn’t want to work in real estate; she wants to find her own place in the world, but that place seems to be elusive. By the time the book starts, a
Wendy
This is the third of Lani's books that I've read, and honestly, they just keep getting better and better. I couldn't put this one down. Started reading it last night just before bed, and got up this morning and read it until I was done. Been a long time since I read a book like that.

Great romantic leads, with immediate connection and mutual attraction, who also happen to be real people with other stuff going on in their lives before they meet. Terrific secondary characters, especially the ghost
Aug 23, 2015 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If romance is your thing, I really would recommend Lani Diane Rich. I've read several of her books now (this is a 'prequel' to Wish You Were Here) and I have always found them to be an enjoyable read. The characters are reasonably complex, no caricatures in sight and the 'getting together' component is always pretty believable. This is a quick and fun read.
Helen
Sep 30, 2014 Helen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was fun, with engaging characters and a good mystery. Flynn is coerced out of her unsettled, directionless lifestyle by her older sister and guilted into taking on a job for their father, temporarily managing a hotel they've inherited until the property can be sold. Turns out the property contains the elderly relative's ghost and a staff that is used to doing things their way. Flynn would have enough on her plate trying to be a grown-up for once in her life and dealing with an old lady ghos ...more
Cary
Apr 07, 2015 Cary rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought the writing was great and the plot was not a retread of so many others. Even though there was sexual tension there wasn't much sexual description which was terrific in my opinion. Just one thing prevented me from going with more stars... Lots of swear words that did not enhance the book.
Patrice
This book was fun. I enjoyed it very much. I feel that it's style is similar to that of Janet Evanovich and Katie MacAlister, with a quirky heroine, Flynn Daly, and a gorgeous, brave, hero, Jake Tucker. Flynn is pulled into the family business against her will by her sister, Freya. She has held many jobs over the course of the past several years never sticking with one for more than a few months. She has been trying to find her niche. She is sent to "Shine Town" to her deceased great aunt's hote ...more
Erin
Sep 03, 2013 Erin rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was one of the better romance novels I've read recently. Not too sappy, only slightly unbelievable at times, but gave you a good laugh here and there. I wished some of the side characters had been fleshed it a bit more, like hassles sisters--especially Mercy. She seems like she'd be a riot!

***SPOILER ALERT***

One big thing that annoyed me is when Freya shows up, about three quarters of the way through the book and starts taking charge, the Flynn who was finally getting herself together, final
Laurie
Jul 27, 2013 Laurie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book. I enjoyed the character of Flynn, an almost 30 something woman who's gone through life not really finding her way. She's had one dead end job after another as she looks for the one job/calling that will be 'it.'
When Flynn's father has her go to an inn that they inherited from Flynn's Great Aunt the intention is to assess the property and keep the employees happy until they sell it.
Flynn didn't count on meeting the handsome ex-cop/bartender of the inn who is trying to get to th
Shay
Feb 13, 2014 Shay rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a funny story mixed with romance, mystery, and murder. I really liked the characters, the mystery, and most of all, the wit.
Brenda
Feb 17, 2014 Brenda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Had some cute parts - the aunt was entertaining. Had some continuity errors.
Lauren Morris
Feb 10, 2015 Lauren Morris rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cute romance novel. Liked the characters and setting of the book.
Juli
Apr 22, 2014 Juli rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3-stars
3.5
Traci
This was cute, but, to me, there was a lot missing. There could have been more focus on the Inn and the workers since that was Flynn's job to "be a presence." A lot of the secondary characters were just floating in and out when it was convenient as well (no pun on Esther's ghost!). I liked Flynn and Jake and their chemistry, but even parts of their story seemed...off (hello, cabin scene). The ending, as assumed, was exciting and a bit predictable.

We'll go 3.5 on this one.
Betsy  Tsukada
Apr 20, 2008 Betsy Tsukada rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I always us Amazon to recommend books for me... I read the reviews and request them online from the library. It's very handy that way. Imagine my surprise when I discovered the author I've been enjoying lately (Lani Diane Rich) is technically a ROMANCE NOVELIST! I was shocked! I was also alarmed at how much I had enjoyed them. They won't grow you any new brain cells or even strengthen the ones you do have in any way... but, (nervous giggle) I liked them.
Tammy
Dec 04, 2013 Tammy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ok This was as super fast read for me, read almost the whole book in one sitting. I just couldn't stop at the end of the chapter and go to bed. I really liked the characters and setting of the book. The ghost was a great addition, have read a few other books with a ghost and I really enjoy that vibe. This was a great mystery, chick lite love story. I will be on the look out for more by this author.
cathy neiswonger
I loved the greataunt

recommend this book to anyone who likes a good mystery romance with a twist. I. Have a couple of other books by this author and they were great also
Susan Riley
Aug 03, 2013 Susan Riley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't expect to like this book as much as I did. It was a fast read; but I came to care about getting Flynn and Jake together. I did figure out some of the plot way in advance, but that was ok. If you're looking for a chick lit romance with mystery, murder, and mayhem, this could be the book for you.
Margo
Dec 16, 2013 Margo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a fun read. A drifting 30-year-old gets an opportunity to find her way (and prove herself to Dad) by stepping into temporary management of a historic inn. From the way-too-hunky bartender to some wacky enemies to being haunted by the ghost of the former owner, Flynn has her hands full.
Vicki Scullion
Dec 10, 2013 Vicki Scullion rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think I just found a romance author to put at the top of my list next to Jude Deveraux. This romantic mystery was fun to read, full of action and interesting characters, and just right for relaxing with after a busy day at work. I enjoyed every minute I spent with this book!
Tina Axell
Oct 24, 2012 Tina Axell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read A Little Night Magic by Lucy March and was disappointed to find it was the only one. Until I discovered she is aka Lani Diane Rich. I love that she infuses mystery and magic into her chick lit. I really enjoy reading her books, they make me feel good!
KStar0330
Sep 21, 2013 KStar0330 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was totally a fun, crazy read. I really enjoyed all the crazy and I mean crazy characters, knick knacks and all. Mystery, mayhem, murder, sweet, cute, crazy, funny, and a little romance too. Definitely a page turner for sure. :)
Matu Nila
This had some interesting twists. (view spoiler) I liked the way the hotel was described and I would love to taste some of Mercy's cookings!

I liked the writing and the characters.
Ann Marie
Aug 16, 2009 Ann Marie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a great story. It was a little slow in spots but rallied along nicely. Flynn Daly was a great, genuine character. Jake was believable. But it was Aunt Ester who I loved best. Even if she was a ghost.
Jessica
Aug 12, 2012 Jessica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ever since reading the wonderful debut by Lucy March, I have been tracking down all books written under her other name, Lani Diane Rich. I certainly don't regret the investment - they've all been fantastic!
  • Out of Time
  • Sleeping Beauty (Fairy-Tale Series #2) (Larger Print Love Inspired #415)
  • Blame It on Paris
  • Do or Di
  • Divorcees.Biz
  • When the Heart Lies
  • Accidents Make the Heart Grow Fonder
  • Worth Lying For
  • Snoops in the City
  • Make Me a Match
  • Weddings and Wasabi (Sushi, #4)
  • Good Girls
  • Unscripted
  • That Touch of Magic (Nodaway Falls, #2)
  • Lighting the Flames
  • The Coach House
  • He Could Be the One
  • Lucretia and the Kroons

“I won’t be target practice in whatever little pissing contest you’ve got going on with him” 2 likes