Start by marking “The World of Quest, Vol. 1 (Illustrated Edition)” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
The World of Quest, Vo...

Jason T. Kruse

The World of Quest, Vol. 1 (Illustrated Edition)

In the land of Odyssia, former hero Quest unwittingly becomes the body guard to Prince Nestor a young smart-alec who knows the whereabouts of a mystic dagger that is key to ultimate power. Together, they'll face creatures, bounty hunters and other evils vying for the weapon. In the meantime, they'll have to deal with each other.
ebook
Published November 17th 2011 by Yen Press (first published November 14th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The World of Quest, Vol. 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The World of Quest, Vol. 1

Nick
A fun graphic novel, adapted from a television series. While not great, it contains enough humor to keep kids reading, if they pick up the book in the first place. There is a serious adventure buried under all of the goofiness, which should help as well.
Keith Giffen, the comic book writer and artist, is quoted as calling it "Conan the Barbarian by way of Calvin and Hobbes," and he's not far off.
Christen
Nov 14, 2011 Christen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
I cracked up just looking at the cover and the humor pretty much held throughout the pages. Nestor is an entitled little runt and Quest has the attitude proportional to Batman. Together they made a hilarious, if reluctant, team. The humor translates perfectly into the illustrations.
Hamster
Love the art and the story. The only problem I had with this comic was the obvious computer grainy-ness. If you're not going to use computers, fine, but just make sure it doesn't look like a picture blown up too big for the pixel count.
Hannah
Apr 01, 2016 Hannah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This graphic novel didn't blow my mind, but it was pretty good. The art was almost like animation you would see in a cartoon rather than a comic. The reluctant hero draws both laughter and sympathy from me, so the frustrated Quest is great. I am curious to know what happened in the last battle of the war before that got him exiled. It must have been something pretty bad to gain the distrust of his fellow Rousters as well as his queen, although she wasn't queen at the time, it seems. And yet, eve ...more
Stewart Tame
Oct 15, 2014 Stewart Tame rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's a shame that this series isn't more well-known. Quest is a reluctant warrior with a mysterious past. Prince Nestor wants to hire him as a bodyguard, but he's totally not interested. This is an excellent comedy fantasy series with wonderfully quirky artwork (why does everyone dress like superheros with capes and all? Dunno.) As far as I know, only the two volumes were ever published. And the animated series promised on the cover of this volume didn't make much of a splash if it aired at all. ...more
Jason
Surprisingly good for an independent kids' comic. I actually want to read the second one :). Some cliched characters, but clever dialogue and (so far) an interesting premise, even if it's nothing new.
Darlene Jepsen
Apr 23, 2015 Darlene Jepsen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoy this comic and found it funny. I can not wait to read the next one that I have on my overdrive. My favorite part was Nestor and the walking prison. All I can about it is Quest and Nestor will be up there with my favorite comic book character.
Danielle
Aug 18, 2011 Danielle rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids
All the kids in the house liked this one.
Jonathan Hunsberger
Pretty entertaining and kid safe.
Out_of_Bounds Reading
Simply fun and adventurous! My sister really enjoyed me reading her this one.
Snow
Feb 07, 2008 Snow rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens-comics
read for NoveList booklists
Kirstin
Kirstin rated it really liked it
May 27, 2014
Galen
Galen rated it liked it
Jun 08, 2014
Parker
Parker rated it it was amazing
Mar 12, 2016
Eric H
Eric H rated it really liked it
Nov 12, 2012
David Caldwell
It was like reading the preview of a story. For the bash and booger set.
Coldcupcake Costain
Coldcupcake Costain rated it it was ok
Apr 07, 2013
Scott Robins
Scott Robins rated it liked it
Sep 25, 2011
Tamsyn
Tamsyn rated it liked it
Jul 09, 2008
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it did not like it
Jul 23, 2011
Shannon
Shannon rated it really liked it
Sep 20, 2013
Malcolm
Malcolm rated it liked it
May 31, 2011
Elizabeth P
Elizabeth P rated it it was amazing
Jul 04, 2013
Derek W
Derek W rated it it was amazing
Jun 28, 2013
Polly
Polly rated it really liked it
Aug 02, 2009
Jane Huber
Jane Huber rated it really liked it
Mar 27, 2013
Aydan
Aydan rated it really liked it
Mar 23, 2014
Jurgen
Jurgen rated it liked it
Jan 10, 2016