Start by marking “The World of Quest, Vol. 1 (Illustrated Edition)” as Want to Read:
Blank-133x176
The World of Quest, Vo...

Jason T. Kruse

The World of Quest, Vol. 1 (Illustrated Edition)

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  66 ratings  ·  11 reviews
In the land of Odyssia, former hero Quest unwittingly becomes the body guard to Prince Nestor a young smart-alec who knows the whereabouts of a mystic dagger that is key to ultimate power. Together, they'll face creatures, bounty hunters and other evils vying for the weapon. In the meantime, they'll have to deal with each other.
ebook
Published November 17th 2011 by Yen Press (first published November 14th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The World of Quest, Vol. 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The World of Quest, Vol. 1

Nick
A fun graphic novel, adapted from a television series. While not great, it contains enough humor to keep kids reading, if they pick up the book in the first place. There is a serious adventure buried under all of the goofiness, which should help as well.
Keith Giffen, the comic book writer and artist, is quoted as calling it "Conan the Barbarian by way of Calvin and Hobbes," and he's not far off.
Christen
I cracked up just looking at the cover and the humor pretty much held throughout the pages. Nestor is an entitled little runt and Quest has the attitude proportional to Batman. Together they made a hilarious, if reluctant, team. The humor translates perfectly into the illustrations.
Ryan
Love the art and the story. The only problem I had with this comic was the obvious computer grainy-ness. If you're not going to use computers, fine, but just make sure it doesn't look like a picture blown up too big for the pixel count.
Jason
Surprisingly good for an independent kids' comic. I actually want to read the second one :). Some cliched characters, but clever dialogue and (so far) an interesting premise, even if it's nothing new.
Out_of_Bounds Reading
Simply fun and adventurous! My sister really enjoyed me reading her this one.
David Caldwell
It was like reading the preview of a story. For the bash and booger set.
Susan
I'm sure if I was younger I would have loved this. It was fun.
Danielle
All the kids in the house liked this one.
Jonathan Hunsberger
Pretty entertaining and kid safe.
Snow
read for NoveList booklists
Chris
Chris added it
Sep 02, 2014
Zura
Zura marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2014
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
May 21, 2014
Maria
Maria added it
Mar 07, 2014
Jessalyn Sommer
Jessalyn Sommer marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2014
Cate
Cate marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
The World of Quest (Volume 2) The World of Quest, Vol. 2 The World of Quest, Vol. 2: v. 2 Scratch9 Volume 1: Pet Project Arctic Attack