Start by marking “Gossip Girl: The Manga, Vol. 1: For Your Eyes Only” as Want to Read:
Blank-133x176
Gossip Girl: The Manga...

Cecily von Ziegesar

Gossip Girl: The Manga, Vol. 1: For Your Eyes Only (Gossip Girl: For Your Eyes Only #1)

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  259 ratings  ·  36 reviews
Welcome to New York's Upper East Side, where the claws are about to come out! Blair and Serena were BFFs...until Blair discovered that her boyfriend, Nate, cheated on her with Serena! As if that wasn't enough, Serena then disappeared without a word. Now she's back and trying to make amends with Blair. Too bad Serena's former best friend has no intention of forgiving her. A ...more
ebook
Published November 7th 2011 by Yen Press (first published August 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Gossip Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gossip Girl

Nicola Mansfield
Reason for Reading: This is a Cybils '10 nominee and required reading for me as a graphic novels panelist.

I'm not writing one of my usual reviews for this manga because, I'm sorry to say, I've never said this about a book before, but this was simply "trash". Follow the lives of rich high school students with no adult supervision who party, drink, smoke and sleep with each other as they plan devious revenge against anyone who ticks them off, whether it's their BFF or not. The publisher recommends
Morgan
Another Borders closing $1 special. I was super jazzed when I got it because it's the cheesy manga version of the greatest show of our time aka Gossip Girl. And it really delivers on hilarity. I mean, in the first scene Blair wears a literal crown on her head. And Chuck is always in sunglasses and an ascot. The book would be worth the full price alone for just the little flashback scene of baby Chuck and Blair bonding over being evil. Amazing. As for the storyline, the manga is very much a hodge ...more
Marie
.... Stop looking at me that way. I'll admit it, I started watching Gossip Girls on Netflix and I happened to be at the dollar store, and saw this on the shelf... and for a buck, curiosity won out!

As another reviewer said, it's rich white girl problems. No doubt about that. But if you enjoyed the Gossip Girl tv show, there spirit of that is certainly here. In addition, I also enjoyed the art in this book. It was easy to follow and pretty to look at, so that's always important in a graphic novel.
Michael
This book was pretty good. Although at some parts was "boring", but otherwise I enjoy it very much. I wish I could saw Serena a little more, but hopefully in the next book I will. Anyway, I found some parts humorous and pretty intense. It was good for what it was.
Stephanie Meehan
a new way to read gossip girl and not just the same story from the 1st book. A GG fan must read.
Annabel Lee
Basically about White, rich-girl problems.
Danielle
Manoja K.
***Contains spoilers***

This is more like 2.5 stars, but what the hell, I'll be generous!

I actuully kind of liked it. But not in the way that I would normally like a book. This is actually quite bad, but that's why I like it. It's so bad that it's good. And I found it quite funny (even though I don't think that was the intention). I kind of liked how they twisted the novels and TV show into one, but at the same time it kind of showed that there was no realy original thought.

They portrayed Blair
Lisa
I got this out of the library after finishing all the series's of Gossip Girl on Netflix and I liked it but despite getting the next one out I only got half way through it before I started reading another book. I think I was mainly interested in this because I wanted more Gossip Girl but although it was quite a good storyline it was too much of an expectation after watching it all I guess...
Jeanne
Když bych to měla celkově shrnout, tak musím říct, že se mi tohle zpracování Gossip girl zrovna moc nezamlouvalo. Velkým plusem a lákadlem ale jsou ale rozhodně kresby, které jsou nádherné a je na nich vidět svět společenské smetánky, i přesto že je většina stránek čenobílých. Určitě byste si měli všimnout, že postavy nosí každou chvíli jiné oblečení- což muselo být pracné na kreslení- a odpovídá to pohledu na svět Upper East Side, kde se na oblečení klade velký důraz.
I přes krásné kresby jsem
Ciara
This book is perfect for you like rich, selfish, no standard, girls, backstabbing each other, and guys that lie, and want to rip off any rich girl's clothes, in sight. Not my type of book.
Kerissa
It's been a long time since I've read the Gossip Girl novels, and I wanted to give this manga a try. I really enjoyed it, it was nice to remember what happened. (:
Moira
Já a Gossip girl to nemáme šťastné. Začala jsem to sledovat někde od středu, chytlo mě to, pak jsem něměla čas, tak jsem si dala pauzu a potom... nu, už to nebylo ono. Jsem ráda, že jsem to našla jako mangu, protože si konečně projíždím začátek (i když nemám čas - autobus do školy to zachraňuje)... :D Jediné, co mě doopravdy irituje je fakt, že v tom nejlepším mají chybu ve vázání/tisku, kdy osm jistých stran už bylo na začátku. Sice se tam nic klíčového nestalo - asi (a pokud ano, lehce se to d ...more
Trisha Duncan
not as good as the TV show. its ok. nothing special tho.
Kaylabookworm22 L
This was a very fun read. I liked it a lot.
Seesen9
That was weird. If the characters had different names, I wouldn´t have konown that it has something to do with the Tv show Gossip Girl. The storyline was very defferent, characters fell for different characters, acted differently. Some things were just too far fetched and too difficult to follow, you have to make your own assumptions... but manga tends to be like that, doesn´t it? I wouldn´t know, it´s my first manga ever. But the illustrations were beautiful, nicely done!
Catherine
Miriam
Ett helt ok album och en trevlig läsning, men tror inte jag kommer läsa fortsättningen om jag inte hittar dem gratis/billigt.

Hade inte heller bangat på att ha allt i färg och inte bara de första få sidorna. Men snyggt var det i alla fall ^^

Väldigt annorlunda från tv-serien, var egentligen bara namnen som var samma annars var allt olika.
Alana Hunny Bunny Hunt
the book was mostly about rich girls living the high life. Blaire Who is bullimic .is very jealous of her friend serina. i enjoyed the book i found it very intense. i think people who likes teen-drama and gossip would enjoy this book. I think they should've added more action to it. i have no question for the authr and i have no advice for the author
Kate
True confessions: I was a huge Gossip Girl fan way back when - and when I saw this I was a little giddy. I was pleasantly surprised. It's a lot of fun (reminds me of Peach Girl). It had a lot of the same sort of humor that the early books did when they weren't taken too seriously. I think the TV show sort of ruined that. Looking forward to volume 2.
Šári
Vzhledem k tomu, že se mi Gossip girl nelíbilo ani jako knížka, tak se mi moc nelíbila ani jako manga. Obecně mám mangu hodně ráda, ale tohle se moc nepovedlo. Všichni mi připadali v obličejích hodně stejní a postavy se od sebe těžko rezeznávaly. Ani na poslední stránce sem nevěděla kdo je kdo a to je velké mínus.
Kari Ramirez
Eh. It was okay. The one thing that I don't like about these types of books is the way that the girls with short hair look like boys and sometimes it's just hard to keep them straight. The story was a bit different, but that's okay.
Danielle (is trying to escape reality)
This is a meh adaptation of Gossip Girl as a manga. Fans of the TV series will find nothing new here, only a remixed version of things they already know all about. The art wasn't bad though. Even for big fans, I'd say skip this.
Anna - Boktycke
A fun and fast read. Like the humour! It's not like the tv-series.

Review in Swedish at Boktycke.
Ricki
It was fun to see Gossip Girl in graphic format. Sometimes, the manga style works really well, but at other times, it just looks too childish. It is a fun read, though.
Harley
This is like a whole new Gossip Girl. A little of the books, a little of the show, mix with a whole bunch of new material. Wonder what'll happen in the next one.
Leana
Začala jsem to číst pouze kvůli tomu, že je to manga, kterou mám ráda. Popravdě mě to moc nenadchlo. I když uznávám, že to bylo lepší, než kniha.
erinn
I just love the idea of making manga different from the book and tv show :3
I loved the drawings and I totally love Jenny :3
  • The Clique: The Manga
  • House of Night: Legacy (House of Night: The Graphic Novel #1-5)
  • Who Made You a Princess? (All About Us, #4)
  • Blood Promise: The Graphic Novel (Vampire Academy: The Graphic Novel, #4)
  • Resolve (Wicked Lovely: Desert Tales, #3)
  • The Secret Ingredient
  • Who Is AC?
  • City of Angels (A-List: Hollywood Royalty, #3)
  • Harlequin Violet: Response (Harlequin Ginger Blossom Mangas)
  • Pure Sin (Privilege, #5)
  • Yakitate!! Japan, Volume 4
  • Candy Candy, Vol. 8 (Candy Candy, #8)
  • Confederates Don't Wear Couture (Pilgrims, #2)
  • Ava's Demon: Book One
  • City of Bones: The Graphic Novel
Cecily grew up in Manhattan and went to an all-girl's school on the Upper East Side.
She resides in Brooklyn with her husband Richard, the Deputy Director of the Public Art Fund, their children, Agnes and Oscar, and their two Cornish Rex cats. Von Ziegesar also owns an Appaloosa horse, Golden Rain. She is dreams of having a 'ranch full of cattle' when retired.

More about Cecily von Ziegesar...
Gossip Girl (Gossip Girl, #1) You Know You Love Me (Gossip Girl, #2) You're the One That I Want (Gossip Girl, #6) All I Want is Everything (Gossip Girl, #3) Because I'm Worth It (Gossip Girl, #4)