Start by marking “Daniel X: The Manga, Vol. 1” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Daniel X: The Manga, V...

James Patterson

Daniel X: The Manga, Vol. 1 (Daniel X: The Manga)

4.15  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,112 Ratings  ·  80 Reviews
When his parents are murdered by an intergalactic criminal, Daniel X vows to take on his father's role as Earth's sole Alien Hunter. Life isn't easy, though, when you're a young boy on your own, tracking down the galaxy's deadliest outlaws. Luckily, Daniel has a gift: the ability to create anything he can imagine - including his parents, his sister, and his best friends, w ...more
ebook
Published October 31st 2011 by Yen Press (first published October 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Daniel X, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Daniel X

Kate
Dec 20, 2010 Kate rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Daniel X
Art: Clean. Oh thank you! After Twilight manga it may have been hard for yen to redeem it's self in some readers eyes however this manga does. The art is smooth and clean cut not shonen or shojo just art drawn by a guy who knows art and manga well. No nitpicks nothing is wrong with the art in fact just the opposite it should be praised on some pages nothing is photoshopped or done poorly. Line with changes when need be but its not jarring the screen tones are done well and everything fit
Larissa
Jan 27, 2011 Larissa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
As a three year old Daniel witnessed the murder of his parents and although too young to have done anything to save them he still feels responsible. Twelve years later and Daniel is continuing the work his parents started, hunting aliens and protecting the earth. But always at the back of his mind are his parents and the one alien that killed them. One day he will find that alien, but in the mean time...

The list holds all the known alien threats on earth ranking them in order of most dangerous b
Gail Grim
Aug 04, 2015 Gail Grim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Daniel’s parents were killed by an alien named Prayer when he was only three years old. Their mission had been to defeat the evil aliens wreaking havoc on Earth and its people. Daniel’s witness to the horrific scene leaves him plotting his revenge. The next twelve years are a time for honing his unique alien abilities of telepathy and creating anything he can imagine. With these special skills, Daniel is able to manipulate his world to include his parents and a group of friends who come to his ...more
Aelvana
When he was three, Daniel lost his parents to a vicious attack by an alien called The Prayer. Now fifteen, Daniel spends his time hunting down dangerous aliens who menace Earth. His powers to create things have kept him alive so far. But when he decides to go after Ergent Seth, Number 6 on the List of Alien Outlaws, even that power may not be enough.

This is the manga version of James Patterson's The Dangerous Days of Daniel X. The story is changed a little bit, mostly for brevity---Daniel's enco
Bridget
Mar 27, 2015 Bridget rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this book, was amazing. I would recommend this book to anyone.
Olivia Williford
First read on September 30 2013
Read July 17 2015
Yolanda Sfetsos
I have to admit that I've never read a James Patterson book before, so I was curious about this Daniel X character. :)

This is a beautiful book. The art is lovely, the frames action-packed, and the story interesting, yet a little sad. Daniel is a sympathetic young boy who has several strange abilities, a vendetta he wants to fulfill, and a list full of aliens that need to be captured. His loneliness makes him use his gift in a bizarre way--he actually creates his parents, and his friends, so tha
Summer
Dec 01, 2012 Summer rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I really wanted to like this one but... I just couldn't give it a good rating. The art is really nice (although the faces of the characters all look the same; the only real difference between any of them is their hairstyles) and Daniel's ability to creating anything is really cool, but... it's just so full of awful cliches and typical James Patterson YA-ness that I really couldn't stand it after a while.

... people love James Patterson. I don't know why, but they do. All of James Patterson's YA c
Ottery StCatchpole
I'm not a big fan of James Patterson's writing, and this book hasn't changed that at all. Sorry, I like a little meat and originality to my stories, but that said, the artwork for this manga was ridiculously stellar. The art was gorgeous, so much so that I am honestly, contemplating buying this book.The story was mundane, too cliche in too many places, as far as the main characters actions and the reveal of who the villain was, and even the villains look. Horse villains make me think of Power Pa ...more
Julia
Feb 06, 2011 Julia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Daniel X was once living a great life, he had amazing friends and a wonderful family. But one day, he lost everything. When he was just three years old, his parents were killed by an evil Alien, leaving Daniel alone and forced to fend for himself. Daniel decides to take on his parents' role and kill all the aliens that come to earth. But there is one thing he has that no one else in the entire world has...the ability to create anything he could ever imagine! including his dead parents and friend ...more
Lissibith
If I were to compare manga to food products, Daniel X vol. 1 is pretty much a bag of cotton candy - sweet and quite to digest, but definitely unhealthy in hindsight.

(view spoiler)
Nigarsan
Daniel X,Vol.1 by James Patterson
This book is about a fifteen-year old fighting the world's most deadliest aliens to avenge the death of his parents after they were killed by an alien called the "The Prayer" when he was three.On his journey,he is to find and defeat the sixth deadliest alien on his list that his father had before he died but finds himself on a journey that may be how come he has these special abilities to defeat aliens.

I chose this book because it is a manga from James Patters
Sathursan.K
The book, "Daniel X" talks about a boy who lost everyone he knew. His mom, dad and sister to an alien named "The Prayer". He wanted the list but Daniel was just three years old so he didn't know. After the alien left, he found the list and bow to kill all aliens in this list. Daniel X had a special power, he can create things like his friends: Willy, Joe, Emma and Dana. With them and his family, he goes on a journey as a fifteen year-old boy tracking down and killing every alien on his list. He ...more
Lady Ozma
Aug 13, 2011 Lady Ozma rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
Fresh off reading “Angel”, the latest book in James Patterson’s bird-kid saga, I debated giving his Daniel X a whirl. From what i hear, it’s the same sort of feel so I thought I might enjoy it. Coincidentally, I found the graphic novel for a discount at a store-closing sale. Works for me, I could see what I think, plus have the fun of a graphic novel.

The story did not disappoint. I really like the world created in the Daniel X story. It’s kind of like “Men in Black” – but with a young adult hero
Michael Cha
Mar 13, 2015 Michael Cha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought the art was pretty good. The drawing in the comic was so interesting. I love and kinda hate how Daniel fell for that one horse alien girl. But then she turned around attacked him and turned out to be #6. It almost just almost seemed like he was gonna die. But luckily his friends saved him. Thick and through I loved the book about this young Alpar Nokian.
Alex
Mar 05, 2015 Alex rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
llololololololololololololololololololololoololololollololololololololololololololololooollollololoolloolololoooloollolloololollooololollollooooolllllollolollololoolololloolloloolollolololoololollololololoololollololololololollollolllloloolollooolollolloloolllllolllolllolololllollolololololololoolloloololollololololololololololollololoololollololoolo-
James Jr.
Feb 11, 2015 James Jr. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This manga surprised me. It's simple, but the concept is pretty awesome. Daniel has some awesome powers, and the aliens that he is hunting down are pretty unique too! I actually like the characters in this manga, and too often in manga the characters are cliche, but I really enjoyed this manga! I can't wait to read the next volume.
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
So, I think this author is becoming my new favorite. Yeah, I probably should get around to reading these series.

Having got an idea of what this and the Maximum Ride volumes are like, the art style, the characters and the story is what make these pretty good reads. Good start.

R.A.
Jan 06, 2016 R.A. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was pleasantly surprised by this one! I like our main man Daniel and his friends. I also like the idea that he's fighting bad aliens and there's a scene where he says he wants to meet good aliens. I found the plot engaging although I did feel the last third was a little rushed.
Logan Boyer
Aug 20, 2015 Logan Boyer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-unread
Amazing book and being that the original writer was James Patterson I can only imagine how amazing the actual book was.Though it was not as great as Maximum Ride,(the book and manga) it was still awesome and I would definetly read it again.As my final words this book is amazing,I recommend it and it definetly deserves five out of five stars
Emily
My first and only James Patterson, and though I have to suppose that his involvement here was minimal, it's pretty bad. Artwork was nice, but at various points didn't seem to fit in with the story.
Jessica (BookRockGodess) Bolton
I read the book and the graphic novel just bought it to life. I love graphic novels of books I have already read because it just brings you in to the story even more throughly. You get to see the Authors thoughts and what they envision the characters look like. I think the graphic novel help you keep the love alive for you favorite novels. Daniel X is one of those books that easily translate in to a graphic novel because of its sci-fi content. I was very impressed with this novel because they di ...more
Whacko
Sep 19, 2015 Whacko rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
it was really stupid. i mean the problem and the solution was really obvious. i thought it was really boring there wasn't much excitement either.
Shania
An amazing interpretation of the book! I loved the style and how awesome everything was drawn! If you liked the book, you will like this too!
Hannah Streett
RDUK
Nov 22, 2015 RDUK rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a good book and is much like Patterson's young-adult novels-turned-into-graphic-novels. I liked Maximum Ride, and this book is amazing as well.
Quinn Q
Aug 30, 2014 Quinn Q added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: James Patterson fans and sci-fi
Very good. Like the part when he went back to his home planet and realized the his "imaginary" friends were acutely real.
Adriana
Oct 15, 2015 Adriana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story is fun, emotional, and action packed. Daniel is a great character and role model for younger children and his story is intense enough that adults can also enjoy it.
The art is really cute and it fits perfectly with the overall tone of the story. The artist does an excellent job of making even secondary characters distinct and expressive.
I’ve never read the novel so I can’t comment on how well it was adapted, but I felt like you got a complete story and all the major plot points get res
Belle
Dec 20, 2015 Belle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
I have read the Maximum Ride books, so when I saw these I thought I'd give them a try, because I loved the others. I wasn't disappointed, I don't think. They're well written, and have a sense of uniqueness to them, which makes them interesting. I like how Daniel can create his friends and parents. :)

Daniel X is a seemingly normal kid. Well, if you count being able to create your friends and parents out of thin air even though they're dead, and materialize wherever you like normal. He can do it!
Shawn M.
Sep 19, 2014 Shawn M. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was a cool way to see the book a different way. It showed what happens in the book differently.
  • Cirque Du Freak: Allies of the Night, Vol. 8 (Cirque Du Freak: The Manga, #8)
  • Kingyo Used Books, Vol. 1
  • Sorcerers & Secretaries (Sorcerers & Secretaries, #1)
  • King of Thorn 3 (King of Thorn, #3)
  • Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 5 (Library Wars: Love & War, #5)
  • Mangaman
  • Bermuda Shorts
  • Kingdom Hearts II, Vol. 3
  • Alice in the Country of Hearts, Vol. 02 (Alice in the Country of Hearts, #2)
  • Amazing Agent Luna Vol 6
  • Manga Shakespeare: The Tempest
  • Crimson Hero, Vol. 11
  • Gate 7, Volume 1 (Gate 7, #1)
  • Psyren #02: Baby Universe
  • Princess Ai: The Prism of Midnight Dawn, Volume 1 (Princess Ai, #4)
  • Soul Eater NOT!, Vol. 1
Offical US Site
Offical UK Site
Offical James Patterson Young Adult Site
Offical Site for James Patterson's Middle School Series

James Patterson has created more enduring fictional characters than any other novelist writing today with his Alex Cross, Michael Bennett, Women’s Murder Club, Private, NYPD Red, Daniel X, Maximum Ride, and Middle School series. As of January 2016, he has sold over 350 milli
More about James Patterson...

Daniel X: The Manga (3 books)
  • Daniel X, Vol. 2 (Daniel X: The Manga, #2)
  • Daniel X, Vol. 3 (Daniel X: The Manga, #3)