Blank-133x176
Daniel X: The Manga, V...

James Patterson

Daniel X: The Manga, Vol. 1 (Daniel X: The Manga)

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  835 ratings  ·  61 reviews
When his parents are murdered by an intergalactic criminal, Daniel X vows to take on his father's role as Earth's sole Alien Hunter. Life isn't easy, though, when you're a young boy on your own, tracking down the galaxy's deadliest outlaws. Luckily, Daniel has a gift: the ability to create anything he can imagine - including his parents, his sister, and his best friends, w...more
ebook
Published October 31st 2011 by Yen Press (first published October 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Daniel X, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Daniel X

Larissa
As a three year old Daniel witnessed the murder of his parents and although too young to have done anything to save them he still feels responsible. Twelve years later and Daniel is continuing the work his parents started, hunting aliens and protecting the earth. But always at the back of his mind are his parents and the one alien that killed them. One day he will find that alien, but in the mean time...

The list holds all the known alien threats on earth ranking them in order of most dangerous b...more
Bridget Mulcahy
love this book is amazing I would recommend this book to any one
Kate
Daniel X
Art: Clean. Oh thank you! After Twilight manga it may have been hard for yen to redeem it's self in some readers eyes however this manga does. The art is smooth and clean cut not shonen or shojo just art drawn by a guy who knows art and manga well. No nitpicks nothing is wrong with the art in fact just the opposite it should be praised on some pages nothing is photoshopped or done poorly. Line with changes when need be but its not jarring the screen tones are done well and everything fit...more
Yolanda Sfetsos
I have to admit that I've never read a James Patterson book before, so I was curious about this Daniel X character. :)

This is a beautiful book. The art is lovely, the frames action-packed, and the story interesting, yet a little sad. Daniel is a sympathetic young boy who has several strange abilities, a vendetta he wants to fulfill, and a list full of aliens that need to be captured. His loneliness makes him use his gift in a bizarre way--he actually creates his parents, and his friends, so tha...more
Summer
I really wanted to like this one but... I just couldn't give it a good rating. The art is really nice (although the faces of the characters all look the same; the only real difference between any of them is their hairstyles) and Daniel's ability to creating anything is really cool, but... it's just so full of awful cliches and typical James Patterson YA-ness that I really couldn't stand it after a while.

... people love James Patterson. I don't know why, but they do. All of James Patterson's YA c...more
Ottery StCatchpole
I'm not a big fan of James Patterson's writing, and this book hasn't changed that at all. Sorry, I like a little meat and originality to my stories, but that said, the artwork for this manga was ridiculously stellar. The art was gorgeous, so much so that I am honestly, contemplating buying this book.The story was mundane, too cliche in too many places, as far as the main characters actions and the reveal of who the villain was, and even the villains look. Horse villains make me think of Power Pa...more
Julia
Daniel X was once living a great life, he had amazing friends and a wonderful family. But one day, he lost everything. When he was just three years old, his parents were killed by an evil Alien, leaving Daniel alone and forced to fend for himself. Daniel decides to take on his parents' role and kill all the aliens that come to earth. But there is one thing he has that no one else in the entire world has...the ability to create anything he could ever imagine! including his dead parents and friend...more
Lissibith
If I were to compare manga to food products, Daniel X vol. 1 is pretty much a bag of cotton candy - sweet and quite to digest, but definitely unhealthy in hindsight.

(view spoiler)...more
Nigarsan
Daniel X,Vol.1 by James Patterson
This book is about a fifteen-year old fighting the world's most deadliest aliens to avenge the death of his parents after they were killed by an alien called the "The Prayer" when he was three.On his journey,he is to find and defeat the sixth deadliest alien on his list that his father had before he died but finds himself on a journey that may be how come he has these special abilities to defeat aliens.

I chose this book because it is a manga from James Patters...more
Sathursan.K
The book, "Daniel X" talks about a boy who lost everyone he knew. His mom, dad and sister to an alien named "The Prayer". He wanted the list but Daniel was just three years old so he didn't know. After the alien left, he found the list and bow to kill all aliens in this list. Daniel X had a special power, he can create things like his friends: Willy, Joe, Emma and Dana. With them and his family, he goes on a journey as a fifteen year-old boy tracking down and killing every alien on his list. He...more
Lady Ozma
Fresh off reading “Angel”, the latest book in James Patterson’s bird-kid saga, I debated giving his Daniel X a whirl. From what i hear, it’s the same sort of feel so I thought I might enjoy it. Coincidentally, I found the graphic novel for a discount at a store-closing sale. Works for me, I could see what I think, plus have the fun of a graphic novel.

The story did not disappoint. I really like the world created in the Daniel X story. It’s kind of like “Men in Black” – but with a young adult hero...more
Emily
My first and only James Patterson, and though I have to suppose that his involvement here was minimal, it's pretty bad. Artwork was nice, but at various points didn't seem to fit in with the story.
Jessica (BookRockGodess) Bolton
I read the book and the graphic novel just bought it to life. I love graphic novels of books I have already read because it just brings you in to the story even more throughly. You get to see the Authors thoughts and what they envision the characters look like. I think the graphic novel help you keep the love alive for you favorite novels. Daniel X is one of those books that easily translate in to a graphic novel because of its sci-fi content. I was very impressed with this novel because they di...more
Shania
An amazing interpretation of the book! I loved the style and how awesome everything was drawn! If you liked the book, you will like this too!
Hannah Streett
Selah Bell
I have read the Maximum Ride books, so when I saw these I thought I'd give them a try, because I loved the others. I wasn't disappointed, I don't think. They're well written, and have a sense of uniqueness to them, which makes them interesting. I like how Daniel can create his friends and parents. :)

Daniel X is a seemingly normal kid. Well, if you count being able to create your friends and parents out of thin air even though they're dead, and materialize wherever you like normal. He can do it!...more
Tt (Never Ending Stories Book Blog)
This was so good that I want to read the book now. Really Ben 10-ish!
Kendra Marie
Ahhhhh I loved this manga so much more than I thought I would!
Heidy M. trujillo
Interesting story and awesome art.
Hannah
I have recently re-read this book to refresh my memory for the second. Overall, I think that it was very well written and draw. I can remember times where I've caught myself staring at a picture for a little bit. I'm not one for going back and reading a book that I've already read, but this one was quite a good one to re-read. I really enjoyed this book and couldn't put it down. It was so good that I finished it it one day. In the future I'd like to see myself read more books like this.
Cat
Overall, this title wasn't bad. Nothing too original however and has a depressive overtone. The artwork is great and fun to look at but the story didn't hold my attention much and I don't have any interest in finding out what happens next which is something I'd call a failure for a first volume of a series. If you like simple, straightforward storylines then this story might appeal to you but if you crave originality and a complex plotline then I'd suggest skipping this one.
Isabel
Here Daniel starts his adventures as an Alien hunter when his parents are murdered. Hes off to find number 6 on the list. When he finds him number 6 takes Daniel to Daniels home planet, Alpar Nok. number 6 had destroyed everything but Daniel meets his family and kills number 6 with the help of his imaginary friends and then returns to earth. All this in manga coming from "The Dangerous Days of Daniel X".
Kerry
I only gave it 2 stars because I still can't decide if I liked it or not. I don't really care if I read the next one or not so I guess I didn't care much. I've never read a Patteson novel and so far I haven't been impressed with the manga. It's not a very complex story and the writing is fairly simple as well that makes me think it's audience is younger than originally intended.
Ninjagrl1
hmm it was interesting. A little rushed and I felt the story could have been flushed out a bit more. I haven't read the actual book so I can't compare the two. But the art looks great! I don't think I would buy any more volumes but would like to check out the graphic novel series based off of the Max.Ride by James Patterson.
Tosha
This is a good comic book. It's about a alien boy who's parents were murdered. He finds a list of alien outlaws. He is searching for the alien that killed his parents. So he is going to hunt down each alien one by one. He has an ability to shape shift and make things by imagining it. So this book is pretty good.
☆Kiran ☆
Mar 16, 2013 ☆Kiran ☆ rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: lovers of laughter and james patterson
Daniel X the comic was the first thing that got me into this series. Without the book i wouldn't have gotten into his other books. Since i liked the comic that got me into his acutal book. I exspecially love the way they drew Daniel... he looks so cute!!!! (squeals)(fanigirl moment) Why can't he be real ?!?!?
Angelina Justice
I have to be honest that I wasn't terribly impressed with this Graphic Novel. I don't know if it is because the story is not suited to MANGA or if it's just a badly written.

I suppose I'll have a better idea once I finish the original novel. The artwork is about the only redeeming quality.
An amazing tale of a young alien hunter who's lost it all. While searching for and fighting the next enemy, he learns a great deal about himself, his family, and his home. Can't wait to read the book!
Alana Hunny Bunny Hunt
i think that it was a good book and cant wait for the second volume to come out.. im not gona taslk about this book and i love this author so i need as much people to read it and support him. :)
Davina Ombati
This book is also about Daniel, but this time he's going against number six.Who is also on the top 10. So he yses him and his imaginary friends to defeat #6. Daniel has the power to create.
  • Cirque Du Freak: Hunters of the Dusk, Vol. 07 (Cirque Du Freak: The Manga, #7)
  • Amazing Agent Luna, Volume 1
  • Kingyo Used Books, Vol. 1
  • Princess Ai: The Prism of Midnight Dawn, Volume 1 (Princess Ai, #4)
  • I Am Here! Omnibus Vol. 02
  • Gate 7, Volume 1 (Gate 7, #1)
  • Inuyasha, Volume 1 (VIZBIG Edition)
  • Black Bird, Vol. 8 (Black Bird, #8)
  • D.N.Angel, Vol. 7 (D.N.Angel, #7)
  • Psyren #02: Baby Universe
  • Alice in the Country of Clover: Cheshire Cat Waltz, Vol. 01 (Alice in the Country of Clover: Cheshire Cat Waltz, #1)
  • Spice & Wolf, Vol. 1 (Spice & Wolf: Manga, #1)
Offical US Site
Offical UK Site
Offical James Patterson Young Adult Site
Offical Site for James Patterson's Middle School Series

The subject of a Time magazine feature called, "The Man Who Can't Miss," James Patterson is the bestselling author of the past year, bar none, with more than 16 million books sold in North America alone. In 2007, one of every fifteen hardcover fiction books sold was a Patter...more
More about James Patterson...
Kiss the Girls (Alex Cross, #2) Along Came a Spider (Alex Cross, #1) 1st to Die (Women's Murder Club, #1) The Angel Experiment (Maximum Ride, #1) Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas