Start by marking “Snow White & the Huntsman” as Want to Read:
Snow White & the Huntsman

Snow White & the Huntsman

3.36  ·  Rating Details ·  4,321 Ratings  ·  594 Reviews
A breathtaking new vision of a legendary tale. Snow White is the only person in the land fairer than the evil queen who is out to destroy her. But what the wicked ruler never imagined is that the young woman threatening her reign has been training in the art of war with a huntsman who was dispatched to kill her.
Published June 5th 2012 by Poppy (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Snow White & the Huntsman, please sign up.

Kayla Not really.I guess there are like little crushes but nothing actually blossoms out of it.

Richard Denney
Jun 17, 2012 Richard Denney rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-favorites
I did it!! I finished the book before I saw the movie at 5:00pm today.

MOVIE:
You know what? I loved the book and the movie. Charlize Theron is a wonderful actress and she went hard as the Evil Queen "Ravenna". Chris Hemsworth *Swoon* I love him and as "Eric" he was perfect. I can't see anyone replacing him. Now onto Snow White... Snow... Oh, Snow... Kristin... Snow... WHY? To be honest I still don't think she brought anything to "Snow White". I'm sorry Twilighters but she will forever be Bella f
Helen
Jan 24, 2015 Helen rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Kristen Stewart fans
Recommended to Helen by: The movie
Unlike most, I rather enjoyed the Snow White & the Huntsman movie. Charlize Theron as Queen Ravenna was almost hypnotic to watch, while Chris Hemsworth was – as usual – an utter treat to see in yet another period-esque yet action based film. These two were in their element throughout. Even the newbie actor Sam Claflin did a good job.

The cinematography and scenery were fantastic. And the costumes were just fabulous! These two elements were the movie's strongest points, which is why it was nom
Anzu The Great Destroyer
I have no idea why I wanted to read this book. I just saw the cover and felt like I had to do it. Are they trying to brainwash me? Quick, bring me my tin foil helmet!

Snow White and the Huntsman comes as a pretty good concept. I like the idea of the Raven Queen, the creepy forest, the Huntsman *coughchrishemsworthcough* and Snow White being finally useful. But imagine having to squeeze all this in 200, give or take, pages. It feels hurried. Many scenes end up shortened, stiff and uninteresting. T
Maddie
Jul 17, 2016 Maddie marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
This video is so adorable, I must share :D

Snow White and the Seven Thugs by Todrick Hall
Caroline Victoria Murphy (CazzReadsYA)
Warning: MIGHT be spoilers.. I say a bit about the plot but I've done my best to leave out spoilers, but a couple might of slipped

I've seen the advertisement for the film on TV many times and it looks amazing, but going to the cinema is so expensive so I can't afford it which is why I decided to pick up the book instead.

And I'm so happy I did..

As you can tell from the title, this is a re-telling of the fairy tale Snow White by Brothers Grimm and it was also made into a Disney movie.

I am a huge
Jenna~Ice Queen~Dreams
3.5 stars.

Quick, enjoyable book. The ended ended WAY too fast though. I am excited to read other books by this author though, for sure.
Kira
Aug 08, 2012 Kira rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fairy-tales
I should have known better than to read a book based on a movie based on a folk tale, but I read it anyway. It had a lot of potential, plot-wise; I would be all about a well-written story in which Snow White escapes her evil stepmother and is trained to fight in order to kill the evil queen. But the book moved too fast. A teenage girl who has been locked in a dungeon for ten years is not going to be physically fit, even if she had spent those years doing situps and pushups and jogging in place ...more
Brittain (Tara Belle Talking)
I so wish this book was better. I wish it was 200 pages longer and written with more detail.

Alas, it is not so.

Full review this afternoon. Such disappointment. Wow.
Leeanna
Jun 12, 2012 Leeanna rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Tie-in books are hit and miss, usually miss.

“Snow White and the Huntsman” was a definite miss. I really wanted to like it, because I was so excited about the movie. The trailers looked amazing!

I read the book to tide me over until the movie comes out on DVD, as I won’t be seeing it in the theatre. But reading the tie-in made me not want to see the movie at all. The story, which seemed so cool and different in the trailers, was boiled down to a lackluster tale that went from A to B to C.

The wr
Jun 27, 2012 Sarah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
First of all, I haven't yet seen the movie...
Secondly, dispite giving this book 3 stars (I felt it was too rushed all the way through) I did enjoy it, and I still want to see the movie. (Chris Hemsworth DOES help swing this though lol)

To summerise: A nice, quick read :)
Ana
Jul 13, 2012 Ana rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I'm beginning to think that books based on movies are forever doomed. From last year’s Red Riding Hood to this new gothic fairy tale remake, these types of books are setting the bar excruciatingly low for their kind.

I want to begin this review by saying that I have not yet seen the Snow White and the Huntsman movie. I do plan to see it when it comes out on DVD I’ve actually heard great things about it, which is why I picked up the book in the first place. Unfortunately, the book sucks.
I mean, Bl
Stephanie (Stepping out of the Page)
I confess that I'm a little wary of reading books based on movies as it seems a little unnatural - surely movies should be based on books? Still, I wanted to know what all the fuss was about surrounding Snow White and the Huntsman. To be honest, I lack the concentration span for films, so it was actually great to see that a novel was being released - I can use my own imagination and take it at my own pace.... but now, after reading the book, I do want to go and see the film version!

I have read
Amelia
Who will you be when faced with the end?
The end of a kingdom,
The end of good men,
Will you run?
Will you hide?
Or will you hunt down evil with a venomous pride?

Rise to the ashes,
Rise to the winter sky,
Rise to the calling,
Make heard the battle cry.
Let it scream from the mountains
From the forest to the chapel,
Because death is a hungry mouth
And you are the apple.

So who will you be when faced with the end?
When the vultures are circling
And the shadows descend
Will you cower?
Or will you fight?
Is your hear
Eliana Rivero
Reading Challenge 2016.
1. Un libro basado en un cuento de hadas

No estoy acostumbrada a leer este tipo de libros, no me llaman la atención. Sin embargo, resultó envolvente desde las primeras páginas. Casi no recordaba la historia de Blancanieves (es de mis princesas menos favoritas), así que fue un giro agradable y diferente al hacer a una Blancanieves fuerte, con carácter, y desarrollar una historia con un cazador que debía matarla.

La prosa es simple y llana, nada muy literario ni elaborado. Lo
Rachel
Jul 29, 2012 Rachel rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Since I saw the movie, that's probably why I gave this 2 stars, at first. This was a shoddily written book. I could have done better at writing it. It should have been listed as a junior novelization, it's that poorly written, except some junior novelizations are quite good. I like the character of the Huntsman, which saved this. More back story could have been included on every character, including Snow White.

She spent most of her life in a tower, yet she wasn't bitter, but kind. She should hav
Mae Faller
My bestfriend gave this book to me on my birthday so I started reading it right away :) It was quite an easy read. I finished withing 5 hours. Anyway, as everyone may already know its a book based on a movie that's base on a folk tale. The plot was promising though I think the story moved wayyy too fast. Snow White was trapped inside the dungeon for 10 years, it's a bit skeptical that she learned how to fight and hold a sword in just a few days. How the heck did she also have the stamina to run ...more
Lyndi Steinhilber
Can't wait to see the movie!
It needs to hurry up and be June 1st already, SWATH is the movie I am most excited for this year for sure!
Kristen Stewart makes a perfect Snow White, she is so beautiful and talented. and Chris is a perfect choice for the Huntsman!
I can't wait to see the chemistry between Chris and Kristen as The Huntsman and Snow!

Kristal Kitap
bu kitabı okuyacağınıza masalını okuyun daha iyi. -_- hiç bişey yoktu kitabın içinde. dümdüz okundu ve bitti.
Céline
ik heb best wel genoten van dit boek. Was beter dan verwacht.
Giulia
Molto carino, decisamente meglio del film. Consigliato!
Mandie B.
Oct 19, 2016 Mandie B. rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Well. That was... it pains me to say that it would take a lie to claim this book was even halfway interesting.

It lacks that extra oomph, that special something to set it apart from every other Snow White retelling one can find. The Evil Queen, at least, has a name. Even the Huntsman has an identity other than that of his profession. But Snow White still remains the cliché pale, black-haired beauty from the classic fairy tale, flawless and utterly despicable because of it.

Throughout this book,
Rosy
Jun 17, 2012 Rosy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This review was written for 'The Review Diaries' http://reviewdiaries.blogspot.co.uk/

Let me start by making it incredibly clear that this review relates to the book, not the film ‘Snow White and the Huntsman’ – despite the two being linked, I loved the film. My feelings for the book however are on the other end of the scale.

I usually make it a rule that books based on a screenplay/new film are to be avoided. The other way around and I don’t mind, I love seeing how a book has been adapted to make
Alisson
Oct 14, 2016 Alisson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Me gusto y es interesante una nueva version de blancanieves, claro respetando a los personajes de la historia original. Ademas que me.sorprendio que el amor verdadero se da en momentos inesperados.
Kristen
Jul 20, 2012 Kristen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fairy-tales
I saw the movie before I read this book. I enjoyed the movie so much, that I had to pick up the book and see how they compare. Now, I know this book was written based on the script of the movie, so I knew it was going to be pretty close to the movie. I think there were things I liked better in the movie and some things I liked better in the book.

Better in the movie:
1) Most of the backstory was told at the beginning of the movie - you knew who William was before she was trying to escape, etc. In
Margaret Chind
I have been looking forward to this film for a while and when I discovered there was a novelization that I should give it a whirl. This is my first read from the Poppy imprint of Hachette Book Group but I'd come back for more. Tonight I was able to turn the last few pages and finish this book and while it did not take incredibly long to read in less than a handful of sessions I am greatly looking forward to the movie even more now. It is a good thing on my timing to finish it as my Enginerd ...more
Alexis Steven
3.5 en realidad. Lo mejor del libro es sin duda la agilidad que tiene pues el lenguaje utilizado es fácil de entender, por consiguiente la lectura no se hace pesada y además pasan las páginas más rápido pues tienen algunos “dibujos” por así decirlo donde marcan el inicio de un nuevo capítulo y otro dibujo a mitad de página donde inicia la lectura.
La verdad es que no esperaba nada del libro. Al comenzarlo solo pensé en que sería igual que la película pues al contrario de la mayoría de las veces e
Haley Mathiot
You know what I love? Creatively re-told fairy-tales. You know what I hate? Terribly re-told fairy-tales made into crappy movies and then made into a book, written with poor prose. That pretty much summarizes how I feel about this (audio)book.

Let's start with the good:

1. The narrator was excellent. She also read for Daughter of Smoke and Bone, Why We Broke Up, the Iron King, and many other audiobooks. She made even the dullest most pointless sentences, pieces of dialogue, and descriptions sound
Red Kedi
Nov 20, 2013 Red Kedi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Conosciamo tutti la favola di Biancaneve.
Una cosa che però non sapevo, è che la versione originale, non è quella della Disney ma quella dei fratelli Grimm. Pare (non avendola letta non posso essere sicura) sia ben diversa dalla favola melensa a cui siamo abituati, così effettivamente, posso capire perchè il Film e il libro siano tanto diversi dalla versione che conosco.
Una cosa che mi capita poco, è la voglia di leggere un libro e vedere il relativo film. Devo dire che, andando oltre l'antipat
Katherine 黄爱芬
Snow White memang putri yg ketiban bencana ketika ayahnya memutuskan utk menikahi Ravenna, ibu tirinya. Ternyata Ravenna punya misi balas dendam terhadapnya. Ayah Snow White mati di malam pernikahannya.

Snow White tidak sempat dibawa lari dari istana. Dia tertangkap dan dipenjara selama satu dekade di menara. Karena kecerobohan Finn, adik Ravenna, Snow White berhasil melarikan diri.

Ravenna meminta bantuan Eric utk menangkap kembali Snow White yg berlari masuk ke Hutan Kelam, yg terkenal angker da
Sequel Movie 4 20 Sep 29, 2014 03:22PM
better than the movie? 6 49 Jul 19, 2014 06:57AM
♥Calling All Fang...: snow white and the huntsman 9 29 Feb 25, 2014 01:09PM
movie compared to book 10 29 Feb 16, 2013 06:20PM
We <3 Teen Books!: Snow White and the Huntsman 14 16 Jun 28, 2012 11:12AM
Goodreads Indonesia: nobar Snow White and the Huntsman berhadiah novelnya 3 184 Jun 05, 2012 09:13PM
Book Giveaways: Win a copy of film tie-in novel Snow White and The Huntsman 3 33 May 18, 2012 12:03PM
  • The Last Tear (W.I.T.C.H. Chapter Books, #5)
  • The Courage to Choose (W.I.T.C.H. Chapter Books, #15)
  • The Ash-Born Boy (The Near Witch, #0.5)
  • A Weakened Heart (W.I.T.C.H. Chapter Books, #21)
  • A White So Red
  • Cinderella (Live Action) Junior Novel
  • Red Riding Hood
  • Sleeping Beauty (Faerie Tale Collection, #2)
  • Thumbelina
  • Night World: Jez and Morgead's Night Out (Night World, Extras #7.1)
  • A Bridge Between Two Worlds (W.I.T.C.H., #10)
  • The Force Awakens - A Junior Novel
  • Amarok

“But I have come to learn there is no peace while others suffer.” 23 likes
“Who will you be when faced with the end?
The end of a kingdom,
The end of good men,
Will you run?
Will you hide?
Or will you hunt down evil with a venomous pride?

Rise to the ashes,
Rise to the winter sky,
Rise to the calling,
Make heard the battle cry.
Let it scream from the mountains
From the forest to the chapel,
Because death is a hungry mouth
And you are the apple.

So who will you be when faced with the end?
When the vultures are circling
And the shadows descend
Will you cower?
Or will you fight?
Is your heart made of glass?
Or a pure Snow White?”