Start by marking “Snow White & the Huntsman” as Want to Read:
Snow White & the Huntsman

Snow White & the Huntsman

3.37 of 5 stars 3.37  ·  rating details  ·  3,727 ratings  ·  529 reviews
A breathtaking new vision of a legendary tale. Snow White is the only person in the land fairer than the evil queen who is out to destroy her. But what the wicked ruler never imagined is that the young woman threatening her reign has been training in the art of war with a huntsman who was dispatched to kill her.
Published June 5th 2012 by Poppy (first published January 1st 2012)

Richard Denney
I did it!! I finished the book before I saw the movie at 5:00pm today.

You know what? I loved the book and the movie. Charlize Theron is a wonderful actress and she went hard as the Evil Queen "Ravenna". Chris Hemsworth *Swoon* I love him and as "Eric" he was perfect. I can't see anyone replacing him. Now onto Snow White... Snow... Oh, Snow... Kristin... Snow... WHY? To be honest I still don't think she brought anything to "Snow White". I'm sorry Twilighters but she will forever be Bella f
Anzu The Great Destroyer
I have no idea why I wanted to read this book. I just saw the cover and felt like I had to do it. Are they trying to brainwash me? Quick, bring me my tin foil helmet!

Snow White and the Huntsman comes as a pretty good concept. I like the idea of the Raven Queen, the creepy forest, the Huntsman *coughchrishemsworthcough* and Snow White being finally useful. But imagine having to squeeze all this in 200, give or take, pages. It feels hurried. Many scenes end up shortened, stiff and uninteresting. T
Jan 24, 2015 Helen rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Kristen Stewart fans
Recommended to Helen by: The movie
Unlike most, I rather enjoyed the Snow White & the Huntsman movie. Charlize Theron as Queen Ravenna was almost hypnotic to watch, while Chris Hemsworth was – as usual – an utter treat to see in yet another period-esque yet action based film. These two were in their element throughout. Even the newbie actor Sam Claflin did a good job.

The cinematography and scenery were fantastic. And the costumes were just fabulous! These two elements were the movie's strongest points, which is why it was nom
Caroline Victoria Murphy (CazzReadsYA)
Warning: MIGHT be spoilers.. I say a bit about the plot but I've done my best to leave out spoilers, but a couple might of slipped

I've seen the advertisement for the film on TV many times and it looks amazing, but going to the cinema is so expensive so I can't afford it which is why I decided to pick up the book instead.

And I'm so happy I did..

As you can tell from the title, this is a re-telling of the fairy tale Snow White by Brothers Grimm and it was also made into a Disney movie.

I am a huge
Jenna~Ice Queen~Dreams
3.5 stars.

Quick, enjoyable book. The ended ended WAY too fast though. I am excited to read other books by this author though, for sure.
I should have known better than to read a book based on a movie based on a folk tale, but I read it anyway. It had a lot of potential, plot-wise; I would be all about a well-written story in which Snow White escapes her evil stepmother and is trained to fight in order to kill the evil queen. But the book moved too fast. A teenage girl who has been locked in a dungeon for ten years is not going to be physically fit, even if she had spent those years doing situps and pushups and jogging in place ( ...more
Brittain (Tara Belle Talking)
I so wish this book was better. I wish it was 200 pages longer and written with more detail.

Alas, it is not so.

Full review this afternoon. Such disappointment. Wow.
Tie-in books are hit and miss, usually miss.

“Snow White and the Huntsman” was a definite miss. I really wanted to like it, because I was so excited about the movie. The trailers looked amazing!

I read the book to tide me over until the movie comes out on DVD, as I won’t be seeing it in the theatre. But reading the tie-in made me not want to see the movie at all. The story, which seemed so cool and different in the trailers, was boiled down to a lackluster tale that went from A to B to C.

The wr
Who will you be when faced with the end?
The end of a kingdom,
The end of good men,
Will you run?
Will you hide?
Or will you hunt down evil with a venomous pride?

Rise to the ashes,
Rise to the winter sky,
Rise to the calling,
Make heard the battle cry.
Let it scream from the mountains
From the forest to the chapel,
Because death is a hungry mouth
And you are the apple.

So who will you be when faced with the end?
When the vultures are circling
And the shadows descend
Will you cower?
Or will you fight?
Is your hear
First of all, I haven't yet seen the movie...
Secondly, dispite giving this book 3 stars (I felt it was too rushed all the way through) I did enjoy it, and I still want to see the movie. (Chris Hemsworth DOES help swing this though lol)

To summerise: A nice, quick read :)
Stephanie (Stepping out of the Page)
I confess that I'm a little wary of reading books based on movies as it seems a little unnatural - surely movies should be based on books? Still, I wanted to know what all the fuss was about surrounding Snow White and the Huntsman. To be honest, I lack the concentration span for films, so it was actually great to see that a novel was being released - I can use my own imagination and take it at my own pace.... but now, after reading the book, I do want to go and see the film version!

I have read
I'm beginning to think that books based on movies are forever doomed. From last year’s Red Riding Hood to this new gothic fairy tale remake, these types of books are setting the bar excruciatingly low for their kind.

I want to begin this review by saying that I have not yet seen the Snow White and the Huntsman movie. I do plan to see it when it comes out on DVD I’ve actually heard great things about it, which is why I picked up the book in the first place. Unfortunately, the book sucks.
I mean, Bl
Since I saw the movie, that's probably why I gave this 2 stars, at first. This was a shoddily written book. I could have done better at writing it. It should have been listed as a junior novelization, it's that poorly written, except some junior novelizations are quite good. I like the character of the Huntsman, which saved this. More back story could have been included on every character, including Snow White.

She spent most of her life in a tower, yet she wasn't bitter, but kind. She should hav
Mae Faller
My bestfriend gave this book to me on my birthday so I started reading it right away :) It was quite an easy read. I finished withing 5 hours. Anyway, as everyone may already know its a book based on a movie that's base on a folk tale. The plot was promising though I think the story moved wayyy too fast. Snow White was trapped inside the dungeon for 10 years, it's a bit skeptical that she learned how to fight and hold a sword in just a few days. How the heck did she also have the stamina to run ...more
Ashlee Telschow
Lyndi Steinhilber
Can't wait to see the movie!
It needs to hurry up and be June 1st already, SWATH is the movie I am most excited for this year for sure!
Kristen Stewart makes a perfect Snow White, she is so beautiful and talented. and Chris is a perfect choice for the Huntsman!
I can't wait to see the chemistry between Chris and Kristen as The Huntsman and Snow!

Kristal Kitap
bu kitabı okuyacağınıza masalını okuyun daha iyi. -_- hiç bişey yoktu kitabın içinde. dümdüz okundu ve bitti.
Haley Mathiot
You know what I love? Creatively re-told fairy-tales. You know what I hate? Terribly re-told fairy-tales made into crappy movies and then made into a book, written with poor prose. That pretty much summarizes how I feel about this (audio)book.

Let's start with the good:

1. The narrator was excellent. She also read for Daughter of Smoke and Bone, Why We Broke Up, the Iron King, and many other audiobooks. She made even the dullest most pointless sentences, pieces of dialogue, and descriptions sound
This review was written for 'The Review Diaries'

Let me start by making it incredibly clear that this review relates to the book, not the film ‘Snow White and the Huntsman’ – despite the two being linked, I loved the film. My feelings for the book however are on the other end of the scale.

I usually make it a rule that books based on a screenplay/new film are to be avoided. The other way around and I don’t mind, I love seeing how a book has been adapted to make
Having seen the movie last weekend I decided to read this as a fill-in whilst waiting for another book to come out. I had read about 60% of it before changing to the book I was waiting for, then went back and read the rest this morning. I must say that I really enjoyed it. I realise that it was a movie tie-in book and written from the script but I found that it was really well written and slightly different to the movie. I honestly couldn’t picture the movie cast members as the characters though ...more
Simay Yildiz
Türkçe yorum:
English review appears on

For the first time in a very long time, I bought a book at the grocery store, and I felt like it was produced by the grocery store. I was rather upset that I couldn't see the movie, and now I've decided I'll just wait until it's on DVD so I can just rent it to kill my curiosity.

Yes, the book was a 'darker' Snow White story, but everything happened so fast that if you don't know t
I saw the movie before I read this book. I enjoyed the movie so much, that I had to pick up the book and see how they compare. Now, I know this book was written based on the script of the movie, so I knew it was going to be pretty close to the movie. I think there were things I liked better in the movie and some things I liked better in the book.

Better in the movie:
1) Most of the backstory was told at the beginning of the movie - you knew who William was before she was trying to escape, etc. In
Red Kedi
Conosciamo tutti la favola di Biancaneve.
Una cosa che però non sapevo, è che la versione originale, non è quella della Disney ma quella dei fratelli Grimm. Pare (non avendola letta non posso essere sicura) sia ben diversa dalla favola melensa a cui siamo abituati, così effettivamente, posso capire perchè il Film e il libro siano tanto diversi dalla versione che conosco.
Una cosa che mi capita poco, è la voglia di leggere un libro e vedere il relativo film. Devo dire che, andando oltre l'antipat
Book Angel Emma
Review by Madison

When the beautiful but deadly Queen Ravenna murdered the King and captured the kingdom; Snow White was locked away, in a cell where she would spend the next ten years of her life.

However, when Ravenna's beauty and power begin to fail she calls for Snow White in order to consume her heart; the purest heart of them all. Miraculously, Snow White escapes.

Ravenna sends Eric, the Huntsman, to retrieve her. When he uncovers Ravenna's deceit he spares Snow White. Instead of disappearing
Bec ♥ Live for the ones you love ♥
What did I think of this book? The answer...I'm not sure. Yeah, I enjoyed it and all, but I'd seen the movie first so I'm not sure how to feel about the book. Was it written before or after the movie? During like Red Riding Hood was? Although that was a bit of a fail...the book wasn't very good. But I'm not talking about that book, I'm meant to be talking about this one. Snow White's character didn't develop much, simply because she didn't have much of a story, what with being locked in a room m ...more
1,5 stars

The story had potential. If only it had been developed.
I haven't seen the movie. But since i love fantasy, and i love fairy-tales retellings, i was willing to give this one a try.(the fact that i bought it for less than 4 euros, helped..)

I imagine that this is the movie's script, or something of the kind, because unfortunately this hasn't any depth. Cardboard characters, cardboard set...

The characters have no soul: Snow white, pale skin, red lips, good person. Eric: widower, grieving,
Despair Speaking
I have no idea how to rate this book so I opted with three because it wasn't boring and it was... well, okay. Not bad, not good. You know, that sort of thing.

I had watched the movie and I wasn't impressed. Of the plot I mean. The visuals was stunning and the setting was beautiful. My favorite scene was when Ravenna was surrounded by her (yeah, you guess it) ravens. I have a copy of the movie and I repeated that scene like twice. The second best scene was when the mirror took its "human" form. Bu
Alexis Steven
3.5 en realidad. Lo mejor del libro es sin duda la agilidad que tiene pues el lenguaje utilizado es fácil de entender, por consiguiente la lectura no se hace pesada y además pasan las páginas más rápido pues tienen algunos “dibujos” por así decirlo donde marcan el inicio de un nuevo capítulo y otro dibujo a mitad de página donde inicia la lectura.
La verdad es que no esperaba nada del libro. Al comenzarlo solo pensé en que sería igual que la película pues al contrario de la mayoría de las veces e
Encruzilhadas Literárias
Confesso-me que fui ler o livro após ter visto o filme por achar que este tinha muitas lacunas. Houve coisas que aconteceram muito rápido e o fim soube-me a pouco. Assim sendo, quando descobri que havia um livro do filme decidi ir lê-lo. Infelizmente, para mal dos meus pecados, só a meio do livro e após uma pesquisa na internet é que me apercebi que o livro é apenas uma transcrição do filme com uma ou outra nova informação e não o livro que deu origem ao filme.

Esta situação entristeceu-me pois a
Solara Martin
The book "Snow White and the Huntsman" was full of adventure and surprises around every corner! The main character Snow White was a very kind and smart person. She was locked up for 10 years in the castle. But when she escaped the whole story changed. She met many other characters. The Huntsman, her old childhood friend William, and many mythical creatures. The book was just so good! I could hardly put it down! The detail was amazing, I could imagine everything that happened! I was always wantin ...more
Sequel Movie 4 16 Sep 29, 2014 03:22PM
better than the movie? 6 48 Jul 19, 2014 06:57AM
♥Calling All Fang...: snow white and the huntsman 9 29 Feb 25, 2014 01:09PM
movie compared to book 10 29 Feb 16, 2013 06:20PM
We <3 Teen Books!: Snow White and the Huntsman 14 15 Jun 28, 2012 11:12AM
Goodreads Indonesia: nobar Snow White and the Huntsman berhadiah novelnya 3 184 Jun 05, 2012 09:13PM
Book Giveaways: Win a copy of film tie-in novel Snow White and The Huntsman 3 33 May 18, 2012 12:03PM
  • Friends Forever (W.I.T.C.H. Chapter Books, #26)
  • The Last Tear (W.I.T.C.H. Chapter Books, #5)
  • Keeping Hope (W.I.T.C.H. Chapter Books, #18)
  • Reawakened (Once Upon a Time, #1)
  • A Bridge Between Worlds (W.I.T.C.H. Chapter Books, #10)
  • The Ash-Born Boy (The Near Witch, #0.5)
  • A White So Red
  • Once Upon a Beanstalk
  • Beautiful Beast (Enchanted Fairytales, #1)
  • Red Riding Hood
  • Amarok
  • Painted Blind
  • The Secret History of Tom Trueheart (Tom Trueheart, #1)

“But I have come to learn there is no peace while others suffer.” 22 likes
“I hold life sacred, even more since I’ve tasted freedom,... But I've lost my fear of death... But if you join me, I will gladly give my life for you. Because this land and its people have lost too much.” 12 likes