Start by marking “All Kinds of Kisses” as Want to Read:
All Kinds of Kisses

All Kinds of Kisses

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  289 ratings  ·  57 reviews
There are all kinds of kisses...
Cheep kisses. Moo kisses. Maaa kisses. Coo kisses...
But the best kiss of all...
Is Mommy's kiss goodnight. Sweet dreams, little one!

Mommies and babies aren't the only ones who enjoy sharing kisses. All throughout the farm, animal families snuggle up with their little ones, offering them warmth and love. Following a mama bird on her journey ba
Published April 1st 2012 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (first published January 2nd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about All Kinds of Kisses, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All Kinds of Kisses

Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids
This is a beautifully illustrated, sweet story about all the different kind of kisses that are around us. This particular story is set at the farm, and in reading this book with my little girl we loved seeing the different kind of kisses and love that take place between the various animals and their little ones. From mice, birds, ducks, cats, goats, dogs and more. This delightful story will be a big hit with young children. The bright colors and large illustrations make it easy to captivate youn ...more
Margaret
All Kinds of Kisses has got to be my new favorite bedtime book. Can they put it in board book format too?! Going through the farm yard each animal mama gives her baby a kiss. Educational with animal names and the sounds they make each page is a wonder. Beyond the animal pair in question in each picture there is another something to spark discussion and push the imagination further. The book ends with the best of all kinds of kisses from a human mama to her going-to-bed child. I love it! The word ...more
Great Books
A gentle tale of animal families snuggling up with their loved ones is sure to send sleepyheads to sleep. Beautiful watercolor and colored pencil illustrations are set against a pastoral background showing animals lovingly receiving and giving kisses. Reviewer 8
Mari
A sweet choice for storytime sharing. The size of the book and lovely 2 page spreads will make this easy to see, even for large groups. Older children will have fun finding the bluebird in each picture.
Vicki
Nancy Tafuri rocks for the pre-school and younger crowd. A very sweet book with all kinds of animals noises and kisses - great for children to make the noises as you read.
A nice choice for sharing during baby or toddler storytimes.
Marguarite Markley
As always Nancy Tafuri's beautiful artwork touched my heart.
meg
pretty much the perfect sweet, animal-noisy toddler readaloud.
Shannon
Perfect for story times with little ones.
Awjtf
cute book! Wonderful illustrations!
Alexandria Roberts
Goodreads All Kinds of Kisses by Nancy Tafuri Rating Date Alexandria Caitlyn Roberts Finished This Book not set Started This Book What Did You Think about this Book That is Called All Kinds of Kisses By Nancy Tafuri and Uncle Bill and Aunt Sally and Lizzie and Maggie and Grandma and Grandpa and Benjamin Scott Roberts and Robert William Roberts and Hailey and Daisy Roberts and Mabel Roberts and the Rest of the Animals and also Alexandria Caitlyn Roberts.
IndyPL Kids Book Blog
Farm animals and their babies appear in over-sized, colorful pictures giving each other goodnight snuggles and kisses. Perfect for bedtime sharing, each kiss is coupled with an animal noise - cheep kisses, peep kisses, maaaa kisses and moo kisses to make the story fun to share. Goodnight kisses are more fun if you can imagine what a moo kiss is and what it might sound like! Author: Nancy Tafuri http://www.imcpl.org/readytoread/?p=264
Tiffany
Such a sweet book full of warm and fuzzes. All Kinds of Kisses depicts many different animals, parent and child, exchanging kisses. I read this at a toddler tales and one of the toddlers came up and kissed the page and exclaimed: Sheep! Great book for mother to read to a child. Fabulous book for babies of all ages!
Sunnyvale Librarian
Nancy Tafuri's large illustrations will engage even the very youngest. The text begins, "Little ones love kisses." Mother bluebird attends to her baby and the scene continues through the farmyard and woodlands as little pigs and cows, squirrels and rabbits receive a kiss from their parent. On the last two-page spread, we see a human mommy holding her little one and giving her a kiss good night. Outside, mother bluebird is snuggled in the nest with her little babe. All Kinds of Kisses is sweet ...more
Maddypictures
Lovely! Another winner from Nancy Tafuri. This is an animal noises book, with large, colorful attractive animals which can easily be seen from across the room (perfect for storytelling!) A few of the animals have unusual or unexpected noises: "peep" for ducklings, and "eep" for baby mice, "sniff" for baby bunnies. Observant readers will note the tiny bluebird that flies across each page, as you "travel" through the barnyard and surrounding countryside many of the previously featured animals can ...more
Mary
A great read-aloud for two- and three-year-olds. The preschoolers I read it to thought these animal kisses were hilarious.
Mallory Sanchez
We enjoyed doing each of the different animal sounds. The illustrations are big and colorful.
Rebecca Reid
All Kinds of Kisses by Nancy Tafuri (Little, Brown and Company 2011) is a sweet and simple farm animal bedtime book emphasizing the fact that “Little ones love kisses.” Each two-page spread tells the kinds of kisses the little animal loves, and it ends, of course, with the little child being kissed goodnight as well. There are very few words on each page, and the gentle colored pencil illustrations perfectly match the simple message of the book and the lullaby-like tone of the words. Oversized p ...more
Amy Mason
hugs and kisses
animals
Deanna
I wanted to love this beautifully illustrated book by Nancy Tafuri however I was disappointed by the fact that the book demonstrates "All Kinds of Kisses" (little dove loves Cooo kisses; little kitten loves meow kisses and etc.) but ends with
"There are all kinds of kisses, but the best kiss of all...is Mommy's kiss good night." Fine for kids living in a traditional environment, but in a day and age where families are all kinds of different, this book seems like it will exclude a lot of little o
Karen
My four-year-old son checked this book out from the library this week.

My son was drawn to this book because of the cover illustration. We've been reading I Love You, Little One, also by Nancy Tafuri, for about four years now. He recognized the style and wanted to read this book.

All Kinds of Kisses is all kinds of perfect for baby showers. The text and artwork are perfect for babies and toddlers. It was a little young for my son, but he still really enjoyed it.

Peacegal
This is a gentle, peaceful tale set in a fantasy barnyard. Mother animals are shown lovingly caring for their young; each with a special type of kiss (sheep give "baa" kisses, ducks give "peep" kisses) she gives her baby. I really liked the message that animals' bonds with their children are special and important--even animals whose interactions we don't often consider, like hens and mice.
Lindsay
This book is not part of our library's story-telling collection (yet), but I checked it out to use it for a bilingual story time program in celebration of Valentine's Day. The illustrations are simply beautiful and are a good size for a story time setting. I also love that the book is conducive for participation. I'd use this for story time again.
Melissa
Will use this book this winter for my Hugs & Kisses Valentine storytime with the babies--it will go nicely with our Animal Kisses activity (eyelash butterfly kisses, nose-to-nose bunny kisses, bumping-forehead billy-goat kisses...). Would have loved a non-specific parent/caregiver ending instead of the best kiss being "Mommy's kiss good night."
Meg McGregor
An absolutely wonderful book that explores all the different kisses to be found on the farm!

Love dove loves COOO kisses ...
Little Piglet loves OINK kisses....
Little Bunny loves quiet - SNIFF kisses, etc.

I do very much agree that the best kisses are GOOD NIGHT kisses!

Beautiful illustrations make this book a keeper!
jennifer graves
Cute, will definitely read this in a storytime. The ending kiss is great. Yes, there are families that are traditional and not "traditional," which is fine, but every picture book cannot (nor should they have to) portray every type of family. Can't wait to use it. Great gift book as well.
Jenny
My 3 yo has enjoyed this book. I think its real strength is in the illustrations, which are quite lifelike and show loving relationships between the mother animals and their babies. My 3 yo likes the animal sounds and loves that I give her a quick kiss after each animal baby gets a kiss.
Mama
Kiddos loved this for their bedtime story. As I read the story, after each kind of kiss, I made the animal sound, and kissed each kid. They thought it was great, and they were giggling up a storm!

Moooo Kiss
Maaaa Kiss
Cheeep Kiss
Meeeeoooww Kiss
And more animals from the barnyard...
  • Tuck Me In!
  • I Spy on the Farm
  • A Kiss Like This
  • Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star
  • A Kiss Means I Love You
  • One Two That's My Shoe!
  • Time for a Hug
  • Hello, Day!
  • No Two Alike
  • Flip, Flap, Fly!: A Book for Babies Everywhere
  • Tip Tip Dig Dig
  • Do You Know Which Ones Will Grow?
Nancy Tafuri is probably best known as the creator of Have You Seen My Duckling?, a 1985 Caldecott Honor Book described by Parent’s Choice as “beautifully precise yet emotionally affecting.” Trained as a graphic designer, Tafuri has authored more than 45 books over 30 years for the very young.

When Tafuri first attempted picture book illustration in the late 1970’s picture books were aimed at five-
More about Nancy Tafuri...
Have You Seen My Duckling? The Busy Little Squirrel Blue Goose Five Little Chicks I Love You, Little One