Start by marking “Middle School: Get Me out of Here!” as Want to Read:
Middle School: Get Me out of Here!

Middle School: Get Me out of Here! (Middle School #2)

4.24  ·  Rating Details ·  7,109 Ratings  ·  632 Reviews
James Patterson's winning follow-up to the #1 New York Times bestseller Middle School, The Worst Years of My Life--which the LA Times called "a perfectly pitched novel"--is another riotous and heartwarming story about living large.

After sixth grade, the very worst year of his life, Rafe Khatchadorian thinks he has it made in seventh grade. He's been accepted to art school
Published May 7th 2012 by Little, Brown and Company (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Middle School, please sign up.

Miri Mandel You open it and read the words. Simple enough?
BaseballGirl08
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Khadidja
when my nephew told me he couldn't finish this book, i told him that he's being lazy, but after reading 103 pages i understood why he couldn't finish it. This book is SUPER BORING, i kept waiting for the so called "Funny parts" but there was none. Just a kid going through hell and using sarcasm to avoid dealing with his reality, nothing fun about moving out of your hometown to a big city and then get bullied for being different trust me I KNOW
Lily
Sep 21, 2012 Lily rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Rafe mom has just lost her job. They have moved to the big city and is now living with his grandma. He is entering middle school at cathedral school of arts. There he meets Matty, the middle school rebel. During the year Matty is encouraging Rafe to do bad things, and some of them Rafe goes along with. Rafe is also trying to figure out where his dad is.
Middle school: Get Me Out of Here is a great book. Funny, loving, and sad think anybody can relate to this story.
Ethan Haler
Oct 03, 2012 Ethan Haler rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think this book was very good. I liked how Rafe faced the biggest conflict in this book. it wa sad at the end and happy at the kind of the same time. The sad part is about is father which is devistating ,but he gets to end up where he started in the first place. i would recommend this book to readers who love funny, imagintive, and adventuruos readers!!
Aaron
Jul 19, 2012 Aaron rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rafe Khatchadorian is back for a second adventure as he strives to survive the challenges of middle school. It is the start of 7th grade, and he has finally gotten past last year's troublesome ways now that he has been enrolled in the local arts school. He is ready for the new year, but things go terribly wrong when there is a fire at Swifty's Diner, the restaurant where his mother works.

Without her income, Rafe, his sister Georgia, and his mom are forced to move away to live with his grandmoth
Aaron
Sep 21, 2012 Aaron rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ms. Yingling
When the restaurant at which his mother works burns down, the family moves from Hills Village to the city, where they stay with Rafe's grandmother in her crowded house. Rafe is bummed that he won't be able to go to Airbrook Arts, but he applies for Cathedral Art School and gets in, much to his surprise. He has trouble fitting in at first, especially since all of the students seem to excel academically and it's a lot of work. He also runs afoul Zeke and Kenny, who trash his locker with green pain ...more
Mike
I wanted to hate this book, just as much as I wanted to hate the first one. Not only was this a book plotted by James Patterson, but it was also an unnecessary sequel plotted by James Patterson. I lose virtually all credibility I have as a reviewer by enjoying this book, so throughout my reading it, I kept on waiting and waiting for something to hate, some reason to find it bad.

But you know what? This was a damn good book. There, I said it.

Rafe is a fantastically developed character, one that ki
Austin
May 24, 2012 Austin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-shelf
Sally Kruger
Jul 09, 2012 Sally Kruger rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The sequel to MIDDLE SCHOOL: THE WORST YEARS OF MY LIFE is here!

Rafe learned a few things the hard way when he set out to break the rules in book #1, and now he has a new plan. After a freak fire destroys the diner where his mother works, they move from their small town to the big city so his mom can hopefully find a job.

All this means Rafe, his little sister, and his mom will be living in cramped quarters in his grandmother's over-stuffed house. Rafe is also going to a new school. He'll be able
Mikaela Tynski
Oct 02, 2013 Mikaela Tynski rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-term
"Middle School: Get Me Out of Here!", by James Patterson is about a mischievous boy named Rafe Katchedorian who has a hard time staying out of trouble. While moving into a new and bigger city, Rafe has to try to make a good impression after being accepted into a prestigious art school called Cathedral School of Arts. This could be troublesome considering that he has become friends with the rebel of the school. Throughout his seventh grade year, Rafe faces many challenges such as figuring out the ...more
Dylan Jaynes
Sep 28, 2012 Dylan Jaynes rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
middle school was a very good, heart warming, family fun book. Rafe is just an ordinary middle schooler with a goal just 3 simple words GET A LIFE. along his adventures he makes friends and enmys. this is a book for every age and is well spoken by the main charcter rafe. You will follow Rafe and Matty for their quest of awesomeness. This book has some crude humor so if you don't like humor or your just a brat don't read this book
McKenna
i think middle school was a good book its not my favorite but it had a great story. It had some funny parts and it did make me laugh out loud moments so i say a lot of younger people would love this book.i was so sad about what happened to his dad and it made me feel like it was really happening to one of my friends from all the detail and emotion.
Lexie White
Oct 03, 2012 Lexie White rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Middle school get me out of here!was really good i loved the dialogue i love how every page we turned it was a suprise it was unpredictable exciting,happy,sometimes sad. But very interasting i would recommend it to anyone who loves excitment the only problem is the art show i wanted too know if matty the freak was going to ruin it for him.But other than that its a must read book.
Ezekiel Leyva
Nov 26, 2016 Ezekiel Leyva rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book "Middle School: Get Me Out of Here!" by James Patterson is a book about a child named Rafe Khachaturian trying to survive Middle School. Throughout his school year he tries to do something new, like get detention. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes adventure and excitement, and loves James Patterson. I loved this book very much, especially when he gets in trouble.
Leah
Sep 21, 2012 Leah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought Middle School was a great book I gave it four stars for its humor and its creativity. It was a great story and I think kids would like it. Was a little diapointed about his dad but other than a very good and funny read.
Grecia Darlene
This book was very realistic.It made me feel like this did happen to the author in real life.I learned that being friends with trouble makers isn't right.I would recommend this book to people who have a hard life.
Emma Lu
Sep 21, 2012 Emma Lu rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is really good. There is humor, saddest, and happiest! I love one of the best book i have read
Matt
Mar 27, 2017 Matt rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rafe got kicked out of his first school in 6th grade so he moved to a new city where Rafe's family could stay with his grandma. Apart from leo his imaginary friend, Rafe is once again alone.
Eli Rounds
May 19, 2017 Eli Rounds rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i gave it this many stars because it started out really funny and ended on a really good note about finding out about his dad. someone else should read it because it is a good laugh that ends on a good note. there really isnt anything that could make it better but matty talking to rafe at the very end and tell him he is sorry
Taras
Apr 07, 2017 Taras rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

Middle school get me out of here, James Patterson,
This is a fiction book about Rafe. This is a sequel to the book Middle school: the worst years of my life. I chose to read this book because I read the first book in this series and was interested of where it would go. All of the first book was in middle school and I wanted to see how it could transition into high school.

At the end of the last book, his teacher helped him get into a really great art high school. He then thinks that maybe this is
AustinC
Jan 05, 2016 AustinC rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this book is really really really really really really really really awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...more
Jordan Tinetti
Mar 07, 2017 Jordan Tinetti rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a fairly surprising good read I thought it would be too childish but it offered a good story, and good themes. I enjoyed the idea of the over exaggerated characters, and the way the main character dealt with his problems. I recommend this book to young adults in junior high and below.
Kevin
Kevin T Swafford
October 3rd
English 10-2

1.Author's Background
The author of my book MIddle School Get Me Out of Here was written by James Patterson. James Patterson was born in Newburgh, New York, on March 22, 1947. James Patterson was selected by kids across America as the Children’s Choice Book Awards Author of 2010. He is the internationally best selling author of Middle School. The Worst years of my life; the highly praised Maximum Ride novels. He now lives in Florida.
2. Literary Time Period
T
Hakim Filali
Dec 16, 2014 Hakim Filali rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think my friends will like the Middle School Get Me Out of Here for many reasons. First,they will like it because there are many good pictures. My friends will like it because we are in middle school. Second,it's very funny.The pictures are funny. Finally,my friends will love it.

The topic of Middle School Get Me OUT of Here is important for several reasons. First,the book talks about a boy who is in Middle school.The book talks about how the boy changes middle school. Second,I predict that the
Hunter O
Oct 22, 2014 Hunter O rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What happens in this book is that Rafe Khachaturian’s mother, Jules, has lost her job at Swifty’s because of the diner burning down to the ground. Now, Rafe, and his family have to move to the city with Grandma Dotty. But, everything is about to change. Rafe’s mother has set him up in an art school but only thing he has to do is additions. He makes in the school. But, he though people were nice. He gets made fun though and gets bullied. But when he found out that his friend seals stuff when he g ...more
Freud
Feb 22, 2017 Freud rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was amazing. It's like when i read a chapter i have to finish it.I can't wait to read the rest of middle school. I will recommend this book to anyone who like diary of a wimpy kid( but don't read this until you read #1
Abram W
Feb 12, 2017 Abram W rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Middle School: Get Me Out of Here!" is the follow up of Middle School: The Worst Years of My Life. This book was the perfect follow up of the first. Rafe the main character moves to the city to live with his Grandma, and while is is there he goes to Cathedral Art School and he mets a guy named Matty and together they try to figure more out about Rafe's father who mysteriously disappeared. And during the school year Rafe starts another operation "Operation Get a Life". It is a great book to read ...more
Jackie
Rafe Khatchadorian and his imaginary twin brother Leo are headed to the city, having to move with his mom and sister to grandma's house when mom loses her job. Rafe thinks it's great, at first, since he has a fresh start and clean slate to get himself under control and do great things in school. And, to make things even better, he is enrolled in the Cathedral School of the Arts, where his gift for drawing can shine.

However, when he gets there, he seems to attract bullies like magnets, and once
Kristie
Oct 16, 2012 Kristie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
•Brief summary
This book is about a boy named Rafe and his very active imagination. Rafe is being forced to move to a new city with his family to live with his grandmother. Rafe has to start all over. He moves to a new house (where he has to sleep on the couch), goes to a new school, and has to make new friends. Rafe tries to fit in to his new school. While trying to fit in and “gain a life” Rafe gets into all kinds of trouble. In the meantime Rafe is dealing with the loose of his father. Rafe kn
Nancy
May 11, 2012 Nancy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Last year we met Rafe in the 6th grade as he raised all kinds of H-E double hockey sticks. He also had a friend named Leo that kept ratcheting up the ante which didn't help at all. Turned out that Rafe had a lot of past pain he had to work through and needed to be addressed. Leo turns out to be an interesting character, indeed.

This year Rafe moves in with his grandmother in the city and has to start all over in a new school. Fortunately, he gets into another art institute for the artistically gi
Middle grade book about twins 1 1 May 18, 2017 08:54PM
Word Game 17 19 May 18, 2015 06:44AM
Children's Books: Middle School 5 21 Aug 02, 2014 07:27PM
Rams Readers Spri...: Personal Choice: Middle School: Get Me out of Here! 1 4 Apr 29, 2014 07:32PM
Middle School 2 18 Jan 20, 2013 02:22PM
  • Revenge of the Loser (The Loser List #2)
  • My Life as a Stuntboy (My Life #2)
  • The Secret of the Fortune Wookiee  (Origami Yoda, #3)
  • Journal of a Schoolyard Bully: Notes on Noogies, Wet Willies, and Wedgies
  • School, Drool, and Other Daily Disasters (Justin Case, #1)
  • Big Nate Goes for Broke (Big Nate Novels, #4)
  • The Villain Virus (NERDS, #4)
  • Ripley's Believe it or Not! Special Edition 2011
  • Zombie Kid (Case File 13, #1)
  • Traitor's Chase (The Last Musketeer, #2)
  • School. Hasn't This Gone on Long Enough? (Dear Dumb Diary Year Two #1)
  • Never Say Genius (The Genius Files, #2)
  • Revenge of the Horned Bunnies (Dragonbreath, #6)
Official US Site
Official UK Site
BookShots
JIMMY Patterson Books
Official Site for James Patterson's Middle School Series
ReadKiddoRead

James Patterson has created more enduring fictional characters than any other novelist writing today with his Alex Cross, Michael Bennett, Women’s Murder Club, Private, NYPD Red, Daniel X, Maximum Ride, and Middle School series. As of January 2016, he has sold over 350
More about James Patterson...

Middle School (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Middle School: The Worst Years of My Life (Midde School, #1)
  • Middle School: My Brother Is a Big, Fat Liar (Middle School, #3)
  • Middle School: How I Survived Bullies, Broccoli, and Snake Hill  (Middle School, #4)
  • Ultimate Showdown (Middle School #5)
  • Save Rafe! (Middle School #6)
  • Just My Rotten Luck (Middle School #7)
  • Middle School: Rafe's Aussie Adventure (Middle School, #7.25)
  • Going Bush (Middle School, #7.5)
  • Dog's Best Friend (Middle School, #8)
  • Middle School: Escape to Australia (Middle School, #9)

“All teachers who were telling everyone where to go were wearing outfits made of aluminum foil , like robot aliens . ” 4 likes
“I mean Zeke McDonald and Kenny Patel, the left and right butt cheeks of Cathedral School of the Arts.” 0 likes