Start by marking “Where Angels Rest (Mann Family, #1)” as Want to Read:
Where Angels Rest (Mann Family, #1)

Where Angels Rest (Mann Family #1)

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  196 ratings  ·  44 reviews
A RACE FOR SALVATION

Mass Market Paperback, 464 pages
Published November 20th 2012 by Forever (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Where Angels Rest, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Where Angels Rest

Jill

Erin Sims has fought for eleven years to clear her brother of a murder conviction. Now he's given a stay of execution, Erin has just seven days to uncover new evidence. The man she believes to be the real murderer has been tracked to a small town in Ohio, with a new identity and an assumed name. Not prepared to wait for the local police to check the man's identity, she travels to Hopewell, Ohio.

Nick Mann has been sheriff in Hopewell for five years, returning to his hometown with his dau
Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥
4.5 Stars

This is the first book I've read by Kate Brady and it won't be the last!

description

Dark and full of twists and turns, this book grabs you by the throat from the prologue and never lets you go. Breathtaking and intense, a suspense book that has you guessing and looking constantly over your shoulder.

Dr. Erin Sims has spent her whole life looking after her little brother. She now has only 7 days to save him from death row. She is willing to sacrifice everyone and anyone in her quest, that for the pa
Saly
The heroine was amazing, she was so strong after all she had been through as a girl and then fighting for her brother all these years. The hero well had this guilt over what had happened to his wife because of him and took her under his wing. I guessed pretty early on who the killer was though but I still enjoyed the book.
Jess
Review posted: Happily Ever After - Reads

Erin’s brother Justin was convicted of a murder that she knows he’s innocent of. She’s managed to get him a one week stay on his upcoming execution to prove that the murderer is still out there. She believes a man now going by the name Jack Calloway is the one responsible and she tracks him to Ohio in the hopes of finding evidence against him, or at least enough evidence to bring doubt into the case to in turn help her brother. What ends up happening is a
Pamela(AllHoney)
The first book in the series Mann Family by Kate Brady. Erin Sims has been trying to save her brother from the death penalty for 11 years and time is running out. She has a week to find evidence in Ohio or her brother's sentence will be carried out. In Ohio Erin meets Nick Mann, small town sheriff. Nick is reluctant at first to listen to the crazy lady. Eventually more information comes to light and more people are ending up dead. Will Erin be next?

Learning who the killer was wasn't that much of
Yvonne
4.5 Stars

I've read Kate Brady before and I was excited to finally get this one in my hands. I wasn't disappointed. This was a terrific balance of suspense and romance - loved it!
Judi
It’s been a couple years since my last Kate Brady fix and let me state emphatically that Where Angels Rest was well worth the wait.

I devoured it and loved every fan-freaking-tastic minute of it. The plot was riveting and pulse pounding and keep me reading well past my bedtime.

It’s a monumental task but 7 days is all Erin Sims has to prove per brother Justin’s innocent. Erin steadfastly refuses to believe her brother committed the murder of a Senator’s daughter and she’s sure she knows who the r
Donna
I won a copy of this book through a Goodreads First Reads giveaway. I have to say that I was very pleasantly surprised by just how good the writing was in this book. The plot moved quickly, the mystery was fairly complex and inventive, and the characters were complicated in their history and personality. The only downside for me was that I guessed the identity of the perpetrator at the time that he was first introduced, so the revelation of the answer to the mystery did not take me by surprise. ...more
Kris
4 STARS

(I received an ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review).

"A RACE FOR SALVATION
For the past decade, psychologist Erin Sims has been helping victims of violent crimes move on with life . . . but the one person she can't save is the one who matters most. In only seven days, her brother will be executed for a murder he didn't commit. Convinced she knows the identity of the real killer, Erin is determined to find the man and bring him to justice.

A COUNTDOWN TO DESTRUCTION
Sheriff N
D.B. Reynolds
I've read and admired Kate Brady's previous books, and looked forward to this one eagerly. It didn't disappoint. Brady introduces a new set of characters, the Mann Family, who are apparently going to be the center of a new series. This first book begins with Nick Mann, former LA Homicide detective, now Sheriff of his small hometown in rural Ohio. Nick is a terrific character -- handsome, smart and with just enough tragedy in his past to make him hesitate when it comes to loving someone new. Ente ...more
Cindy ~ SnS Reviews
Lots of mystery and suspense with a hot headed Sheriff and a woman desperate to save her brother from being executed.

Erin Sims brother has been on death row for 11 years. She has spent those 11 years trying to prove he didn't do it. On the eve of his execution she manages to produce enough evidence for the Attorney General to give a 7 day reprieve to check out the evidence she has found. She had always believe one man was the murderer and she had hounded him for 11 years until he changed his na
Diana Leigh
Rating: 4½ Stars

Erin Sims will do anything to save her brother from death row, and for over a decade she's worked tirelessly to prove he was falsely convicted of murder. With her brother's execution just one week away, Erin travels to a rural Ohio town, where she believes the real killer is hiding.

Sheriff Nick Mann is not thrilled when Erin steamrolls into town making shocking accusations about one of Hopewell's prominent citizens. Nick left Los Angeles for the backwoods of Ohio hoping to escape
Mary Gramlich
Nick Mann likes his quiet job as Sheriff in small town Ohio, he lived life in Los Angeles long enough to appreciate a quiet night on patrol. He is raising his daughter and knows being a widower can get lonely but that is a small price to pay for security. Erin Sims has not known a minutes rest since her brother was wrongly accused of murder. Erin has been on a vendetta to track down the real killer and bring him to justice before her brother is executed. The problem is the man Erin knows is the ...more
Aislynn (Stitch Read Cook)
The last eleven years for Erin have been all about proving her brother isn’t a murderer. She needs to prove to everyone he’s innocent and put the real killer behind bars. Unfortunately for Erin, everyone seems to be working against her and her brother only has moments before his life will be over.

With the suspect in her sights, she follows him to his new home under a new name. Determined to prove he’s the killer, she tries to make him confess. As she arrives in small town Hopewell, she’s greeted
Nikki Brandyberry

I found this book to be well wrote but unable to hold my attention and make me care much about the story line. The romance between Nick and Erin felt almost like an afterthought to the author. There just didn’t seem to be a lot of heat associated with them. While I appreciated the suspense aspect of the book the romance was lacking. I could get behind both of the characters not wanting to get involved but once the characters grew I was hoping they would both show a bit more emotion. Nick for his
Tara
I was so surprised by this book. I did not expect to be as sucked into the plot as I was.......

This book took me on so many twists and turns on who was doing all the killing. I'll admit, it took me quite some time to figure it out. This story was so well written, we meet so many characters that what often becomes overwhelming and hard to follow in other books, draws you in and fills in the story for you with this book. So amazingly suspenseful, I loved it.

I really liked Erin. She was a strong wo
Ellen Parker
Psychologist Erin Sims is granted time for one final attempt to save her brother from execution. She’s convinced the real murderer has changed his name and moved to Hopewell, Ohio. The local sheriff, Nick Mann, is busy chasing demons from his own past and needs convincing to take Erin seriously. It’s only after the accidents, vandalism, and disappearances begin that he uses all of his resources, from the past as well as the present, to expose the serial killer and his motives.
Ms. Brady’s charact
Jan
Erin Sims has 7 days to act on new evidence and stop the execution of her younger brother. She rushes to rural Ohio to find the man she is sure is the real killer and uncovers more horror than she ever expected.

I enjoyed this romantic suspense novel. Although the crimes are horrific, they are not described in too much detail. I like that the book focused on the people in the story more than the crimes. I really liked Nick Mann, the sheriff and love interest. He has a compelling back story and is
Kay-em
Started off a little slow but picked up dramatically about half way through.
Debrafleming
Same as the other Brady novel I've read, this one was a little fluffy and cheesy, but overall fun and suspenseful. A quick read that I enjoyed, with likeable characters,
Keri
NTM author KB really packed a powerful suspense punch in this book. Luckily I have the 2nd one already good to go. Amazingly good read. The romance was light, but the sparks between Erin and Nick was singing my fingers. The only niggle was the ending when Erin's meets her brother for the first time after 12 years. After all that we don't even get to see them hug and what did her brother mean by his statement? So I hope we get his book and we get a deeper explanation. Other than that...hella good ...more
Becky
This was a fun read! I enjoyed the pace, I enjoyed the characters, I enjoyed the intrigue. While I was able to figure out "who done it" before the official reveal, it was a GREAT reveal. The characters were alive, and I really wish that there were more to their story! This is a great vacation read doesn't require much thought and yet you find yourself guessing all the way through! It was a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon after having worked 10 day's in a row!
For me this book was not really that great. It was easy to figure out who the killer was, you knew he had the main character at the end from the first few pages so the middle was just fill to get you to that part for me. It had the potential to be great if the first few pages were not there but it gave the entire book away and I have no idea why I wasted my time reading it. Maybe because I actually bought it and did not want to feel like I wasted my money.
Freda mans
Another great suspense thriller from this author, though One Scream Away is still my favorite.
I love a really good, scary story, and Kate Brady delivers every time. This story was especially interesting with how the murderer killed its victims, as I felt it was something new and unheard of. That's hard to do nowadays when everything has been done before. Not a lot of "firsts" left.
Definitely a gem for thriller fans!
Jane
Strong suspense. Decent romance but wished there was more exploration of feelings. Really enjoyed both main characters. Mystery keeps you guessing without unrealistic red herrings. Did wonder at the seemingly sudden unraveling of the villain. So wished more of the emotional/mental aspects were explored more but the suspense part makes up for it. (and there is a strong romance). Think readers will love the caretaker Nick.
Tami
"Where Angels Rest" by Kate Brady is a fantastic read. At first, I was hesitant because of the premise of serial killings, but Kate Brady has created a page turning,fast-paced story that keeps the reader engaged, engrossed and emotionally attached. Realistic characters take the reader through a carefully woven, fulfilling tale of suspense, malice and even love. I highly recommend this book.
 PuMbA's MoMmy*•.♥.•*
** I won this book through a Good Reads Give- A- Way**

This was a rollercoaster of thrills!!! I found a new suspense author that I will be reading more on! I am so thankful I won this through the give-a-way. WOW!! Brady knows how to deliver action in this novel. It was very creepy to imagine the "Angelmaker" make his clay figures/masks. & the ending was even more surprising!!!
Dawn ♥ romance
Lots of intrigue and exciting action in this romantic suspense but not much romance. The main characters baggage sure took a long time to unfold and the hero had a concerning anger management problem. Psychologist Erin is trying to overturn her brothers execution and looks to small town sheriff Nick for help.
have read several Kate Brady books by far is the best. So much pulse pounding action and a good romance thrown in? Can't beat that . It's like watching a movie... a great movie!! As a matter of fact this would make a great movie. Read this in one day and can't wait for the next one!
Jeannie Lopez
This was a great mystery . I loved the way it was written and the twist and turns.. Now I knew who the murder was right away , but as my husband says i have a knack for that , he hates to watch movies with me for that reason.
Great characters and great writer.. Bravo!!!
  • 'Til Death
  • One Dark Night
  • If You Know Her (The Ash Trilogy, #3)
  • Midnight Secrets (Wildefire, #1)
  • Hide from Evil (Dead Wrong, #2)
  • Midnight Fear (Chasing Evil Trilogy, #2)
  • Edge of Survival
  • Impulse (Faces of Evil #2)
  • The Edge of Night
  • Did You Miss Me? (Romantic Suspense, #14)
  • Razing Kayne (Walking a Thin Blue Line, #1)
  • Scorched (Tracers #6)
Kate Brady began writing fiction when her doctoral research became tedious. For years, she wrote in the closet, penning several novels that—thankfully—remain there. Now, she leads a double life. Some days, she’s a choral conductor and professor of music education. Other days, she plays with imaginary people on her computer.

Kate lives in Atlanta with her husband, two children, and an array of furry
More about Kate Brady...
One Scream Away (Sheridan, #1) Last to Die (Sheridan, #2) Where Evil Waits (Mann Family, #2) Last To Die: Number 2 in series (Sheridan) One Scream Away: Number 1 in series (Sheridan)