Start by marking “Scorched Skies (Fire Spirits, #2)” as Want to Read:
Scorched Skies (Fire Spirits, #2)

Scorched Skies (Fire Spirits #2)

4.16  ·  Rating Details ·  4,547 Ratings  ·  253 Reviews
Scorched Skies - book two in the YA Urban Fantasy series, Fire Spirits.

FEAR THE HEAT...

The White King has crossed the line, sounded the horn, sent out the wolves.

When blood is shed and life is lost the reality of Ari’s position as both hunter and prey finally sets in. It seems her father will stop at nothing to force her will to his own, and distracted by Charlie’s latest
Published March 11th 2012 by Samantha Young

To ask other readers questions about Scorched Skies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scorched Skies

Jaime Kennett
Dec 29, 2011 Jaime Kennett rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Anxiously anticipating spending some more quality time with Jai, Ari, and Charlie!
Purcheria
4.5 HUGE stars

Ummmm...Where to start?

This book was friggin" awesome!! I loved every minute of it. I must say that I have enjoyed all of Sam Young's books so far and this one did not disappoint. This book was an amazingly entertaining read.

Everything about it...The action, the romance, the characters...Everything well-written and the story well-told.

I will say this, I will gladly devour ANYTHING that this author writes..With pleasure!!!

Okay...Ready for book three, like YESTERDAY!!
Silvermist
Dec 11, 2011 Silvermist rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I got it i got it i got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yyyyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kathryn
Feb 13, 2012 Kathryn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, ya, pnr
WOW!! I mean, could these books get any better??? YES!!!
Scorched Skies is absolutely amazing!! From beginning to end, you are dying to know what happens and now that I have reached that end, the next book can't get here fast enough...
Ari, Jai, and Charlie's lives pick up where Smokeless Fire ended and within this book you get to see so much growth out of each of these characters. And these characters don't deal with small battles or small emotional dramas, they are hit with big, life altering,
Rachel Costa
Dec 05, 2011 Rachel Costa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As much as I loved the first book, I love this one even more. It expanded on magic (including its consequences), made Charlie a more sympathetic character (which was good because I honestly didn't like him much at first), and the relationships worked themselves out in a way that I felt wasn't too rushed or too drawn out for drama's sake. It also expanded on the world and made me ask many more questions as well as wildly speculate, which is fun! My only complaint is that after devouring this book ...more
Jena
Dec 12, 2011 Jena rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite-boys
Just wow. The uniqueness, realness, and thrills that Samantha brings to this series always seem to blow me away. I adored this installment from beginning to end!

*Spoilers for Smokeless Fire below*

We start off right where we left off in Smokeless Fire. Ever since coming back from the hospital, Ari's dad is different and still very much reserved. Charlie is now a scorcer and trying to get Ari's attention. And Jai is still her body guard... and only that. When someone close to Ari is killed, the tr
Lucy Herondale
OMG! +.+

Jai Bitar, you sexy beast!

I missed you so! +.+

Merged review:

The Gleaming King’s hybrid son, a sorcerer called Dalí, is hunting Ari, which means one more enemy to the poor Princess Jinn.
At the same time, she is struggling with her feelings for Jai and Charlie.
Ari comes to the conlusion that her time with Charlie has long passed and that she was in love with the person that he used to be. Now, he is not the same person anymore and neither is she. Her life has changed incredibly and now Ja
D.G.
Jan 27, 2013 D.G. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Scorching! Having the adult POV is definitely worth it for these sexy scenes. Reading it from Ari's POV was a bit fluffy but Jai really was more direct with his feelings. LOL, I was afraid he was going to self-combust, he was in such a fire!

Definitely a must read if you were dissatisfied with the events of book 2. This will give you something to tie you over until you read book 3. :)

Merged review:

**3.5 stars**

Scorched Skies is one of those books where you understand where the characters are comi
Madeline
Feb 01, 2012 Madeline rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2012
Loved this continuation to this series! I liked it better than the first, I think. A lot happens. I could not put it down; from beginning to end. So many things are not going as Ari ever expected them to be. Having her father finally be honest with her after finding out the truth about what she is, he tells her he wishes he had been there more for her and basically only kept her because it was the only tie he had to Sala, Ari’s mom. That was hurtful to read/hear because it’s like telling her he ...more
Caro
Jan 25, 2012 Caro rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book was on my kindle for a long time (2 weeks or something. That's long for me.) before I finally started reading it. I was pretty disappointed in the first book in the series so I wasn't really motivated to start the sequel.
Turns out I liked the sequel even less than the first book. Ari was super annoying all the time, complaining about Jai and Charlie, her situation in general and everything else, too. She expected everyone to do what she wanted them to and sulked when they didn't. She e
Christy
Jan 01, 2012 Christy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this series! Ari is just so much fun and such a dedicated friend...her sarcastic personality is right up my alley and I just want to go hang out with her.

The pop culture references are subtle yet funny....and Jai and Ari's verbal foreplay is so charming and fun. Overall love this series (of course anything by author is fabulous)

Eagerly awaiting Borrowed Ember!
Sharon
Review to come.. 4 1/2 out of 5
Nadjab
--> Rezension folgt im April
Sayjil
First things first: THIS BOOK WAS...

You know there was a time I wanted to be a witch (coz they’re freaking awesome) werewolf/lycan/shifter (seriously who wouldn’t want to be one?) then I wanted to be a nephilim (seriously? I don’t have to justify that...), oooooh then there was angels (yeah I’m pretty sure being devil’s incarnate does not qualify for this), then there was fey, warriors, necromancers and so forth BUT now I am a 100% sure that I want to be Jinn!!! Ok so who wouldn’t want to be one
Sara
This book was so amazing!! What an excellent way to continue the story of Ari, Jai and Charlie! I feel like I got so many answers in this book about the world of Jinn and the political games they play to get what they want. I loved getting to know the Clan side of it as well with the sorcerers using talismans and such to harness and store magic. It was so cool!!

The story itself starts out on a sad note and I was heartbroken for Ari through so much of the book. There were times I felt so bad, I
Shelley (Bella)
This stunning sequel takes off at a run and sets your heart racing and sputtering at the stealth in which Samantha nails us with her first devastating blow. Ari's heart is once again broken and she's forced to go on the run to hide from her pursuers.
With the White King, among others, seeking to control Ari and the power of the Seal; it's a war against time, unlimited powers and unseen enemies. Betrayals and manipulations make it hard for Ari and Jai...and Charlie, to know who to trust or where t
Joanna
Jul 01, 2012 Joanna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series, young-adult
This is like the best Jinn story ever! Ha! Okay considering this is my first Jinn story. Well if Aladdin doesn't count. Haha!

So many painful emotions! I think this is better than the first book because they bare it all! All of them showed what they really feel.

I really do love you, kid. I guess I just never loved you enough.

Ari's pain of being alone and no one to turn to was doubled over. It's like if i I was her? I might consider dying or something. I really pity her! First with the Charlie t
Solara300
Apr 10, 2015 Solara300 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Kurzbeschreibung
In diesem packenden zweiten Teil geht es für Ari nicht nur darum sich selbst anzunehmen als Trägerin des Siegles Salomons, sondern auch sich über die Gefühlswelt in ihrem Inneren klar zu werden.
Denn Ari hat mächtige Feinde in Form von dem White King oder vielen mehr.
Wird Ari es schaffen...

Cover
Das Cover ist wie schon der erste Teil der Reihe und vomm Darkiss Programm einfach nur ein Eyecatcher der mir nicht nur sehr zusagt, sondern Lust auf mehr macht.
Sehr gelungen... ;)

Charakter
Julie(Reading By The Beach)
Dec 14, 2011 Julie(Reading By The Beach) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
Well, let me just start by saying: Samantha Young, will forever be one of my favorite authors! She has amazing talent that seeps from the pages of her stories, drawing the reader into worlds that are fascinating and unique.

As Scorched Skies unfolds we get little glimpses of all the characters involved, we get to see how they think, which lends a helping hand in immersing the reader into the story. The mystery and intrigue continues from the first book, unraveling some old aspects and starting so
Ana (Owl Always Be Reading)
I know I sound like a broken record by now, but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Samantha Young!!!!! If you haven't read any of her books, you must be living under a rock. She is amazing!!! Every series is full of adventure and romance. She really knows how to capture the reader and take them to the world she has created for us to read. I have read almost all of her books and I have yet to find one that I dislike. I was beyond thrilled when I was able to read Scorched Skies and Borrowed Ember back to back.

Sc
Once Upon a Twilight

Sc
Amanda
Jan 10, 2013 Amanda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
This book took several days for me to get through it. I found parts of it sucked me in and held me and other parts really dragged and I had a hard time staying engaged.

That said, once I finished it, I did enjoy it. It got really good towards the end and the drama was starting to unfold. Well, you know, after several murders/killings a kidnapping by a half cousin of sorts, some fighting, a lot of magic, and some twisted conspiracies from family (you know, dads uncles and grandfathers).

Are you a
Marissa Teng
Jul 05, 2016 Marissa Teng rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really did love this book. I was so glad with how Ari matured in this book too. Charlie became more... likeable but I still really don't like him. I never trusted him and though i did see he had feelings for Ari, his feelings for revenge were stronger. His feelings for grief were stronger too.
I'm glad Ari mentioned Charlie having sex with some girl on her 18 birthday in her father's bed. That was eating at me since the last book and I know Ari was hurting from it. I'm glad Ari saw it for what
Diana
Nov 30, 2011 Diana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’m going to make this review really short, because I don’t know how much more I can complement this author and I really don’t want to summarize the book because I don’t want to spoil anything. Basically, when I am in dire need of reading a good love story that I know will not let me down -- I turn to Samantha Young. No questions. Every novel I have read from her thus far has not disappointed. Samantha Young is simply fabulous. Scorched Skies, like all her other novels was AMAZING!! I finished t ...more
Maddy Edwards
Mar 11, 2012 Maddy Edwards rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful. Stepping back into the amazing world of the Fire Spirits novels was like visiting an old friend: exciting, comforting, loads of fun, and a guaranteed great way to spend an afternoon. In a word, perfect. Scorched Skies is a great followup to Smokeless Fire. There is action, suspense, and romance in abundance. The personal relationships between Air, Jai, and Charlie were handled just right and I am delighted that Ari is coming into her own. The next book cannot come soon enough. A must, ...more
Quinn Loftis
May 04, 2012 Quinn Loftis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great read in this series! As with Smokeless fire I was quickly drawn into the story and couldn't put the book down. I really enjoyed Ari's character. She was a great lead heroine with strength and courage without being obnoxious. Jai is a great match for her. Although he has his own demons to battle, he is willing to do whatever is necessary to protect Ari. Very touching story. I'm really looking forward to the next in this series!
Mauna
Feb 14, 2012 Mauna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I saw this cover for the first time I thought "That is HOT... Scorching Hot!" This book has to be good. I am happy to say that the story behind that cover does not disappoint. I liked where Ari, Jai, and Charlies story takes us. We meet Fallon...loved her the minute she was introduced. I hope she sticks around. I can't wait to see what book 3 will bring.
Samantha...as long as you keep writing I will keep reading!
Mary
I absolutely adored this novel. It was everything I expected, wanted, needed, and more. As I was reading and talking about it to coworkers (yes, I read this novel when I should have been working), I stated that I wanted a confession of love by the end... Yes! I am in high spirits and eagerly anticipating the arrival of the third installment. Thank you. :)
Felicia
Jun 29, 2015 Felicia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ich liebe dieses Buch! Es ist noch viel besser, als das Erste und die Charaktere wachsen mir immer mehr ans Herz. Ich habe mich mittlerweile auch mit Charlie abgefunden, den ich im ersten Buch einfach nur schrecklich fand. Die Buchreihe ist einfach toll und ich freue mich schon darauf, den 3.Teil zu lesen.
Zarish Fatima
these series has me attuned. the story is so fast paced you just don't get bored. yes the love triangle and whole romance thing can get little irritating and some what childish. but the constant state of betrayal they all are and the motives which just don't seem to be clear ever. and spilt loyalties makes this book so much more interesting then the previous.
  • Time Mends (Timber Wolves Trilogy, #2)
  • Asylum (Causal Enchantment, #2)
  • Awry (The Archers of Avalon, #2)
  • The Binding (The Velesi Trilogy, #1)
  • Madly & Wolfhardt (Madly, #2)
  • Wanderlove (Wanderlove, #1)
  • Fearless Magic (Star-Crossed, #3)
  • Billow (Ondine Quartet, #2)
  • Lord of Desire (The Risande Family, #1)
  • Mortal Defiance (Dark Betrayal Trilogy, #2)
  • The Undying God
  • Impulse (Mageri, #3)
  • Heroes 'Til Curfew (Talent Chronicles, #2)
  • Angeldust (Dark Angel, #5)
  • Cold Blood (Dirty Blood, #2)
  • The Rise (The Alexa Montgomery Saga, #3)
  • Ivory Guard (The Guard Duet, #1)
  • Stolen (Stained, #2)
Samantha Young is a New York Times, USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestselling author from Stirlingshire, Scotland. She's been nominated for the Goodreads Choice Award 2012 for Best Author and Best Romance for her international bestseller ON DUBLIN STREET, Best Romance 2014 for BEFORE JAMAICA LANE, and Best Romance 2015 for HERO. ON DUBLIN STREET is Samantha's first adult contemporary romance s ...more
More about Samantha Young...

Fire Spirits (4 books)
  • Smokeless Fire (Fire Spirits, #1)
  • Borrowed Ember (Fire Spirits, #3)
  • Darkness, Kindled (Fire Spirits, #4)

“That's it...I'm completely giving up on boys and concentrating on staying alive.” 24 likes
“I feel like a crumpled up piece of paper that has something really important written on it. But no one will ever know what that is because all they see is something that's been discarded.” 9 likes