Start by marking “Crossing the Line” as Want to Read:
Crossing the Line

Crossing the Line

After years of hard work, Rachel Ryder is in the best shape of her life and a favourite to win the National Mountain Championships. So the last thing she needs is a broken arm and a distracting encounter with a beautiful doctor. Matters become even more confusing when Rachel’s treacherous ex-girlfriend arrives on the scene, determined to stop at nothing to win her back.

Wit
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 310 pages
Published March 7th 2012 by Freya Publicatinos

To ask other readers questions about Crossing the Line, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crossing the Line

angie
Mar 21, 2013 angie rated it really liked it
When I saw this for free last year I downloaded it to my Kindle app and then kind of forgot about it. The other day I remembered I had it and began reading and, wow, what a nice surprise!

Crossing The Line is not only well-written, it has its own unique feel (not just because it has such delightful British flavor) and (in another nice surprise) doesn't follow the normal lesfic formula.

There are lots of kinks that thwart any attempts at a successful relationship in the beginning (lack of trust o
Rowenah
May 30, 2012 Rowenah rated it really liked it
Wow - I really enjoyed this book. I downloaded it because I like hill running and thought it sounded like it could be fun. The author is obviously a hill runner herself because the descriptions of races and training were absolutely spot on. It was good also to read about a woman who trained to win and not just to complete a race! If I could run half as well as Rachel I would be so happy! In fact I cried at the race at the end, it was so emotively written!
The book read like lesbian chick-lit - I
T
Jul 18, 2012 T rated it really liked it
I thought i'd just wade through the plot of the competitive racing (which i don't have an interest in), and just enjoy the characters and the romance end of it. But i really got into this story!! So, it is well rounded, with great characters, fun dialog, and a gripping plot that kept me reading through the night until the end. well worth the money and just as good, if not better, than all those other authors that sell their e-books for the price of your soul.
Terry Baker
May 01, 2012 Terry Baker rated it it was amazing
Runner Rachel Ryder’s intense training has paid off. She’s never been in better shape and she’s one of the favorites to win the British Mountain Championships. Except that now she’s had an accident and broken her arm. The accident in turn is the cause of a great distraction. She meets a beautiful and alluring doctor, Alison.

Rachel and Ali both feel an immediate attraction between them. But both women have been badly hurt in the past. Plus, Ali can’t ethically date a patient. Rachel can’t afford
Kim
Jul 02, 2012 Kim rated it really liked it
Shelves: lesbian-romance
It's really between 3 and 4 stars but closer to 4 I think. It's a lesbian romance that centers around cross country running. There is some interesting info on fell running in Britain. A cat and mouse romance based on protecting your heart and misconceptions but sweet just the same. Ms. James' characters are well developed. I like that she always has, at least in the 2 novels of hers that I've read, a devious villain you can learn to distrust.
Acquafortis
Jun 13, 2012 Acquafortis rated it it was amazing
This book took me by surprise. It combined beautifully together two passions of mine, running and women in sports. Very well written and realistically set, both the training part and the lesbian drama.
I day dreamed, while not reading this book, wishing back then in my competitive years I could experience something similar to what James has intimately written about sports and falling in love in such a context.
Well done!
Kat
Aug 29, 2012 Kat rated it it was amazing

Ahhh what a story! Kept me busy and I had issues putting it down. I feel like the story reflects anyone's life with all ups and downs loved the characters, dialogue , plot. Very good work ;-)
Monique
Monique rated it really liked it
May 03, 2013
Aubrey Kirtley
Aubrey Kirtley rated it really liked it
Jul 13, 2015
T.
T. rated it it was amazing
Dec 04, 2014
Laurie Salzler
Laurie Salzler rated it really liked it
Apr 07, 2012
Maz
Maz rated it it was ok
Mar 10, 2013
Vicknia
Vicknia rated it it was amazing
Jan 06, 2013
MissyGirl
MissyGirl rated it liked it
Nov 28, 2012
Sarah Schatz
Sarah Schatz rated it really liked it
Feb 20, 2016
Marit
Marit rated it it was ok
Sep 27, 2015
Helen_281
Helen_281 rated it liked it
Jan 01, 2013
Co
Co rated it liked it
Aug 06, 2013
Sheree
Sheree rated it liked it
May 14, 2014
Derek Lazzara
Derek Lazzara rated it really liked it
Nov 30, 2015
Lindsay
Lindsay rated it really liked it
Mar 14, 2013
Bib
Bib rated it liked it
May 15, 2012
Pepper
Pepper rated it liked it
Jul 05, 2013
Sam
Sam rated it liked it
Apr 11, 2016
Laura Rymer
Laura Rymer rated it it was amazing
Apr 12, 2016
Concetta Puleo
Concetta Puleo rated it liked it
Mar 29, 2014
Bobbi
Bobbi rated it it was ok
Aug 27, 2014
V
V rated it really liked it
Jun 03, 2014
Kennedy
Kennedy rated it liked it
Jun 22, 2012
Marty Fordyce
Marty Fordyce rated it it was amazing
Aug 13, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Toni is a writer and publisher, based in Manchester. She writes novels, short stories, poetry, plays and reviews. Her novels Crossing the Line and The Lost Resort have both topped the UK lesfic charts. She has had numerous short stories published in the UK and the States. Toni lives in the north of England with her partner and a very naughty dog.
More about Toni James...