REC-君が泣いた日 [REC - Kimi ga Naita Hi]

REC-君が泣いた日 [REC - Kimi ga Naita Hi]

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  73 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Aizawa Minami is a girl who has never cried in her life. She's awkward with her feelings, and she carries a camcorder to film everything she likes. Because of her quirks, she's labeled as a freak and alienated by her classmates. Satoru is her classmate and a recently retired teen actor who understands her. They quickly become friends, but what Minami doesn't know is that S...more
Paperback
Published March 15th 2011 by Shueisha

To ask other readers questions about REC-君が泣いた日 [REC - Kimi ga Naita Hi], please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about REC-君が泣いた日 [REC - Kimi ga Naita Hi]

GOTH, Volume 1 by OtsuichiThe Voices of a Distant Star by Makoto ShinkaiWanted by Matsuri HinoYume Kira Dream Shoppe by Aqua MizutoThe One I Love by CLAMP
Manga Oneshots
51st out of 218 books — 118 voters
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. RowlingThe Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsHarry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. RowlingPride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Books You Love to Read Over and Over and Over Again!
33rd out of 242 books — 79 voters

More lists with this book...

Soobie's deliriously happy
Das war erstaunlich, ich liebe "Rec", das die erste Geschichte dieser Anthologie. Mir gefallen nicht Geschichte ohne (view spoiler) aber diese war so gut!!

Akira ist ein junge und erfolgreich Schauspiler, der auf das Spielen plötzlich verzichten. Man fragt sich, warum er es tut aber es wird nur Spekulation angestellt. Während Akira in der Schule ist, kennt er Minami lernen. In der Schule glaubt man, dass sie eine Videoaufnahme einer sterbenden Katze gemacht hat. A...more
Lucie Fuentes
This is one of the first times I've been so moved after reading a very short manga. In one volume, Makino Aoi managed to overwhelm me with emotions. Her drawings are expressive, shocks and beautiful to watch.

The story is more serious and sad that the ones usually told in this type of structure. It talks about the end of a dream, working in the entertainment industry, image rights, the attractiveness of people for the sensational and sordid pictures/shows too. It is very well led by the artist.
F...more
Tina Chen
Honestly, I thought this story was going to be pretty boring. I thought it was one of those stories where they would end up together but it wasn't like that. I wasn't expecting the illness and there was a lot of honest words and feelings in this manga. It was definitely worth reading!
Catherine Williams
this is the best manga I have ever read. I wish it was published in English so I could buy it. It might be short but it is amazing
Misayurie
this manga made me cry from its 2nd chapter until the end!!!!!! sooooo touching story!!!
Jean
This 4 chapter story is about an emotional closed off teenage girl and a retiring teen actor who befriends her. It's a very short but maudlin piece where the story moves quickly and include many of the typical teenage angst tropes in the high school drama shoujou. The beauty of this manga is that it doesn't belabor or drawn out the action and story anymore than it should. While it is a bit on the quick side, it pulls you along. I enjoyed the pacing and the story.
Depuis La Foret
i read this on a holiday in the morning next to my mom when she was still sleeping. i finished the manga and my mom woke up and saw i was crying.
she asked me what happened and i told her about what i just read.
she said i was weird
whyyyyy!!!! T^T
the ending was sooooo sad
best one-shot i read so far
Naruto4Hokage(Jessica)
Jascha
I really cry not often, but this story was so absolutly heartbreaking! I just read "the final loop" also by aoi makino and the most storys were just good, the 3 one I started to cry again. Besides I really enjoy her artwork. Definitly recommending it!
Salima Korri
It was an interesting concept but I thought that it could have been way better. If it was maybe a little bit longer, then the emotions could have been conveyed better as there would have been some sort of build up. But it would make a good short Anime film!
Euryanthe
Oh god... I can't even...

Catherine
Aug 13, 2012 Catherine rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone
Recommended to Catherine by: Me
Shelves: manga
LOVE THIS MANGA!
Definitely a MUST read!
Solimar Books
Solimar Books is currently reading it
Sep 15, 2014
Alex
Alex marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Riina
Riina added it
Aug 23, 2014
flickr
flickr marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Kimi
Kimi added it
May 15, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Sekai no Hate, Vol. 01 HAL Sekai no Hate, Vol. 02 Sekai no Hate, Vol. 03 Sekai no Hate, Vol. 04