3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  139 ratings  ·  19 reviews
(Note: This novel is nothing like J.A. Redmerski's Darkwoods Trilogy or THE EDGE OF NEVER - Do not attempt to read it with those expectations. You have been warned.)

The Devil gives Norman Reeves an ill-fated mission he has no choice but to accept: Find the center of Eden and reverse the Fall of Man.

Thrust into a place called Creation, Norman’s task is plagued by unimaginab...more
Published March 11th 2012 by J.A. Redmerski (first published March 10th 2012)

Incarnate by Jodi MeadowsA Million Suns by Beth RevisEverneath by Brodi AshtonInsurgent by Veronica RothFever by Lauren DeStefano
Amazing YA Covers of 2012
381st out of 736 books — 2,284 voters
Easy by Tammara WebberThe Secret of Ella and Micha by Jessica SorensenSeptember Again by Hunter S. JonesOn Dublin Street by Samantha YoungThe Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski
Best New Indie Titles
171st out of 414 books — 537 voters

More lists with this book...

Bob Milne
This is a book I likely would not have otherwise stumbled upon, had Jessica not sent me a message via Goodreads, and one I likely would have declined to review, had it not been for the previous reviews calling it intelligent, dark-minded, vulgar, and blasphemous. As much as I tend to shy away from books with religious themes, that blasphemous tag really did catch my interest, and the reviewers' talk of interwoven mythologies intrigued me enough to take a chance.

I'm glad I did, because this was o...more
C.L. Stegall
First things first… I love reading something different. If it is just a twist on a familiar theme, it better be a damned good twist. But, if it is a take on a theme I am unfamiliar with, it just makes my day. Admittedly, I feel into this story of a man’s deal with the devil wholeheartedly. I absolutely love it when I have not a clue as to what might happen next, and this story has those moments in spades.

Norman, our protagonist, is a complex, well-written character that has his own hang-ups that...more
Tiana Dalichov
Sep 08, 2013 Tiana Dalichov rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: people who like weirdness
This book was crazy. Like....messed up, horrifically detailed, scandalous...yeah, that sort of crazy.

Starting with Norman, loved him as a character. He was so crass, not afraid to speak his mind to the reader at all. He was my favorite by far out of all the characters, but Tsaeb kind of grew on me a little. Don't really understand why...

Anyways! Great plot in this one, too. It's true what the blurb says: this is NOTHING like Redmerski's other books. If you think it is and that's what you expect,...more
Sam
Devilishly Awesome... Redmerski's Best!
I love all of her novels, but this book for me, is her finest work ever; I absolutely Love it!. She is such an amazing writer and OMgosh she is an incredibly versatile author as well! Dirty Eden had me on the edge of my seat; keep me guessing and wondering what's next?!. I found this book to be very enthralling, bewitching, twisted, and unique! OMgosh...what an ending! I HOPE there will be a book two! *fingers crossed*

I rate this book:UNFORGETTABLE MASTER...more
Vampiremama
Interesting and unique. Hope there is a sequel!
Kristen Dome
Another wonderful entry from J.A. Redmerski, that DEFINITELY appeals to a more mature, dark minded audience!

From the opening line of this book, you immediately have that page-turning feel that accompanies a well written story. There were times I couldn't wait to read the next part, I felt like I wanted to skip ahead and cheat to see what happens to the characters. When I had to stop at the end of the night, I felt the need to get back to finish it. This was not a good thing when you have to work...more
Heidi R.
Dirty Eden, by J.A. Redmerski was nothing like I thought it would be...and I WAS forewarned in the Goodreads Synopsis that it would be different. It was interesting enough to make me read it to the end, because I needed to know what was going to happen next.

And here's the Goodreads Synopsis:

(This is not a YA book and is nothing like J.A. Redmerski's Darkwoods Trilogy or THE EDGE OF NEVER - you have been warned.)

Lisa Markson
Lisa's review if
ByJ.A. Redmerski

I was given a copy of Dirty Eden by J.A. Redmerski in exchange for an honest review. This was not what I was expecting to read when I looked at the cover. This was a very dark and twisted book like me just kidding. I really enjoyed the imagery the author used to give you a very visual experience in order for the reader to connect with the storyline and characters. I was unable to put the book down because I was afraid that I would miss something pivotal...more
Katie-marie
It was a little slow moving till about 50%, but once it got moving it was fantastic. The author created this amazing world and characters you can't help but love. It was unlike any book I have ever read and I highly recommend it.
Karen Attaway
Whatever "IT" is,J. A. Redmerski definitely has it! Dirty Eden is a wonderfully epic dark fantasy. It's a very Gaiman/Bulgakov-esk type novel & I loved every second of it.
Salina Stelly
There was never a dull moment in this book and it demands your full attention. I was sorry to see it end.
Skorpius
If Neil Gaiman were a woman...

Dirty Eden is a complete breath of fresh air on a virtual shelf overcrowded with formulaic dreck that seems to have taken over the industry. This is intelligent contemporary fantasy done right, and exceptionally well.

In our protagonist Norman Reeves, we have a somewhat affable fellow who hates his job and trends toward self-deprecation. But he soon finds himself staring into an alley where his fate changes with the help of the Devil, portrayed throughout as not so b...more
Beth Evant
If you are looking for something different. This is your book. I am amazed at how well written this book is. It is a complicated story but so easy to read and understand. The only reason that I purchased this book was because I had read some others from this author and I think J.A. Redmerski is a wonderful author. This book did not disappoint. Just beware, it is fiction. It is thoroughly entertaining and even funny at times. Redmerski draws you in and paints such vivid pictures of the surroundin...more
Anjuli
Not what I was expecting. This book had me confused for a while, but I was intrigued enough to want to finish the book. Tsaeb, Sophia, Norman, and Taurus were a crazy bunch of characters. The ending was kind of lack luster for me, but I definitely recommend this book. Exciting and nerve wracking at the same time.
Denise
Wow...and not necessarily a good wow. I gave this 3 stars because even though one of the strangest books I have ever read it was written well. The characters were well developed and entertaining to say the least. But after reading it I feel like I have been on a drug induced train ride.
Tabs
Hmm was ok. Not a huge fan although I have read other books by this author and enjoyed them.
Ashley Soliday
not my cup or tea but I love the author so give it a try to decide for yourself!
Lindsay
Liked the story and the very imagitive details that laid out the book.
Vicky
Interesting, different well written story. Liked it very much
Stephanie Sturtevant
Stephanie Sturtevant marked it as to-read
William L.
William L. marked it as to-read
Maral
Maral marked it as to-read
Verna
Verna marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Starlyn Legaspi
Starlyn Legaspi marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Jamison Lee
Jamison Lee marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Taylor
Taylor marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Audrey Brown-williams
Audrey Brown-williams marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Traci
Traci marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Berenice
Berenice marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
J.A. Redmerski fa...: Twisted. Dark. Humorous. 1 17 Mar 17, 2013 01:47PM
  • Ours is Just a Little Sorrow
  • Transfer Student
  • Gyges the Terrible
  • Dissidence (Dissidence, #1)
  • Night Sky
  • Allegiance: A Dublin Novella
  • Voices of the Dead
  • How to Catch Butterflies
  • The Healer's Legacy
  • iFeel (Vis Vires Trilogy, #1)
  • Haunted Lily: The Nightmare Ball
  • Uninvited (South Hills Sidekicks, #1)
  • Rogue Hunter: Inquest
  • Homemade Health - Home remedies your grandmother knew. Simple & effective treaments from the pantry
Born November 25, 1975, J.A. (Jessica Ann) Redmerski is a New York Times, USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestselling author. She lives in North Little Rock, Arkansas with her three children and a Maltese. She is a lover of television and books that push boundaries and is a huge fan of AMC’s The Walking Dead.
More about J.A. Redmerski...
The Edge of Never (The Edge of Never, #1) The Edge of Always (The Edge of Never, #2) Killing Sarai (In the Company of Killers, #1) The Mayfair Moon (The Darkwoods Trilogy, #1) Reviving Izabel (In the Company of Killers, #2)

“I felt the human disease that is ignorance suddenly leave my body. Just like that. Like a hot, desperate piss after a long car ride.” 7 likes
“The longer you look the more you see," said the twins at the same time, "the more you see, the less you are.” 4 likes