Start by marking “Secrets of the Time Society (Timeless, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Secrets of the Time Society  (Timeless, #1.5)

Secrets of the Time Society (Timeless #1.5)

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  413 ratings  ·  50 reviews
There exists a secret society where one's ability to travel through time is "gifted" to members only by blood. Those who try to enter the society quickly come to realize that time is a force not to be reckoned with. Alexandra Monir's short story exclusive eBook, SECRETS OF THE TIME SOCIETY, sheds light upon the world created in her novel, TIMELESS, and forecasts the fate t ...more
Published March 13th 2012 by Delacorte Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Secrets of the Time Society, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secrets of the Time Society

Ariana
Wow, this tiny book turned my timeless world right upside down!

You know, while reading Timeless there were some turnarounds that left me breathless and I didn’t imagine a book of only 26 pages or so to be able to make me feel like that again.
I was wrong and I loved the twist in the story; now I really can't wait to see how it will affect the events from Timekeeper.

To put it simple, this story takes us back into the past, it takes us back to where Michele’s story had really begun. It’s not her
Parvathy
One thing the book Timeless was missing was a Villain. In the beginning the Time was the villain but it seems now you have a new evil travelling along side Michelle that might lead to more complications and heart stopping moments. Can't wait for the next book in the series.
Miss
WoW! Just wow!

Can´t wait for the next book!
Jessica
If you haven’t read Timeless by Alexandra Monir, you might be a little lost as to the context of this short story, but that just means you need to go read Timeless!

Although, if you haven’t read the preceding novel, “Secrets of the Time Society,” will open you up to a world where time is not linear and time travel is beyond probable.

The short story opens with the main character from Timeless, Michele Windsor, walking down a beach in present day being followed by a row of strange girls in black.
Amy Lignor
For those of you left out there who have not yet read the incredible story, TIMELESS, by Alexandra Monir, then I would suggest you do so right this second.

Recently, I was sent an eBook short story titled, Secrets of the Time Society that sets up the sequel to TIMELESS. Although I know I am about to sound like a bad commercial, “THIS is one series that you HAVE to read!” The incredible plot of these stories is so unique from anything I’ve ever read before (and that’s saying a lot, considering my
Bonnie
Update 3/16/2012: I'm officially weak. I caved and paid the $1.99. *sigh*

I don't think I'd mind paying $0.99 for this but $1.99? For 26 pages? Maybe I'm just cheap. I think I might wait till it ends up on the freebies.
Tanja (Tanychy) St. Delphi
I can't wait for the book two!!!
Andrea at Reading Lark
Review on Reading Lark: http://readinglark.blogspot.com/2012/...

This was a small treat to explain a lot of questions that are raised in Timeless. While not all of my questions have been answered, many of them have been laid to rest.

This short story sets up some tension with Michele that will no doubt be a major plot point in the second novel, Timekeeper. She is having dreams about a young girl with venom in her eyes who seems to hate Michele. Never having laid eyes on the girl before causes Mic
Pam Steinke
GoodReads Synopsis: There exists a secret society where one's ability to travel through time is "gifted" to members only by blood. Those who try to enter the society quickly come to realize that time is a force not to be reckoned with. Alexandra Monir's short story exclusive eBook, SECRETS OF THE TIME SOCIETY, sheds light upon the world created in her novel, TIMELESS, and forecasts the fate that lies ahead for its protagonist, Michele Windsor. Now that Michele is gifted, there are some who will ...more
OpenBookSociety.com
Brought to you by OBS reviewer Dawn

*Beware of possible Spoilers*

I loved it, to say the least. The 25 page short story is jam packed with information. Many of my questions were answered.

We are in Rebecca Windsor’s head. In Rebecca’s story, she is a vain and devious woman. She is introduced to the founder of the Time Society and learns the origin of her gift and how to better use it. She loses and then regains a key through nefarious means. Rebecca is willing to do anything to keep her gift, no ma
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://aurorareviews.blogspot.com/201...

What could such a scary and strange dream mean? Sixteen-year-old Michele wakes up startled in her grandparents’ mansion.

Secrets of the Time Society is a bridge, a short story, interesting on its own. It adds information and tension to the novel Timeless, answering some of the questions presented there. It also prepares readers for the next novel in the series expected to be published later this year.

This tale introduces a villain, Reb
Diana
OK, before I start, let me say that I really enjoyed Timeless. It was clever, well-conceived and written in a very readable prose. I am looking forward to volume 2.

That disclaimer aside, Secrets of the Time Society doesn't merit a volume 1.5 moniker. This is NOT a novella or even a short story, it really is more like a chapter to one of the other books in the series. There is no character development, so if one is unfamiliar with the first volume, this would be rather confusing read. Further, th
Rika - (The Unpretentious Reader)
Rebecca Windsor is a bitch.

I don't know if we're allowed to curse in here.. and sorry if I offended anyone. But the girl real is.

And I love Alexandra Monir for it.. We all love to have larger-than-life characters to adore, but nothing beats a villain worthy of desdain and to love to hate.

Rebecca surely delivers. and I just can't wait to read books to come cause I know she'd be one pain-in-the-a$$ and I'd like to see her bring it.

I mean to do something bad once, is one thing, but to go on and do
Pauline
This short book was really helpful in terms of answering some of the mysteries frokbthebfirst book. Clearly, the guy whom Rebecca loved was Michele's father. And in the upcoming 2nd book, it'll be Rebecca who would be running after Michele. But one thing bothers me, which sort of obvious here: if Philip can see Michele during her time travels, without using any of his personal stuff as a medium, then it is possible that Philip can also do time travel-- as the ending of the first book? Possible r ...more
CekMoNSter
Not really a continuation of the Timeless, but more to a spin off for the series. How instead of Michelle, there were actually a society whole made of time-traveller. I love the fact that there are some other with much power in their hands to lift the veil of time. Its a bit confusing, probably because I had missed the previous book too long. I love that there are villains here, because it`ll make the plot a lot more interesting. With that being said, it`ll probably make this one more confusing ...more
Megan
One of my favorite love stories of all time....
Ms. Bridget
This book is a great set-up for Timekeeper. I read Timekeeper before this one so I know what happens already, but I wish I had this little ebook beforehand. But no matter, it got read and answered some questions for me...especially the one I had about Milicent. It gave quite a bit of information about Rebecca to set it up for Timekeeper. You can read Timekeeper without this one but this book helps get into Timekeeper and understand some things that happened.

I can say I liked this one but Timeles
Amy
Secrets of the Time Society is a brilliantly written Short Story! It starts off with Michelle Windsor in the present and goes back in time to reveal someone in her past that finds out the truth about Michelle and wants to stop her! I would love to see more from Rebecca Windsor's prospective on what happened and if she was able to follow through with her plan to get rid of Michelle! Fantastic book that I recommend for all to read especially if you read and loved Timeless!
Noémy
PERFECT :-) I read Timeless last year and loved it. It totally took me by surprise as I had been disapointed in so many other books dealing with time travel and I really wasn't expecting this little gem. I liked it even more after reading "Secrets of the Time Society". A vilain's introduced and I can't wait to see what kind of twists Alexandra Monir's woven in the sequel ! I can't wait for Timekeepers ! Only why is it coming out in December ? Seriously it is so far away !
Mitch
I want to give this one two ratings, one as a novella and one as a supplement to the next book. As a novella, this would've only gotten a 2 at most, it just sets up the antagonist for #2 so there's really little character development and took me like 10 mins to read a (very) bare bones short story. I assume the next book would be a 4 so average out to 3 ... that might change.
Garima
This is a nice addition to the series. I actually started reading this book while I was in the middle of the second book. I thought it really cleared some things up, and I understand Rebecca a bit more. I still don't get why she wants to kill Michele. Is it just for revenge? I don't really see how killing Michele is going to help Rebecca in anyway.
Danielle
Omg, I am so sad that this book was only 22 pages long. Such a tease! But even so it was great. I hope Time Keeper touches on what this book brought up. It was cool to get a little background information on Michele's father, it wasn't much but it was something lol. I love this author and I can't wait to see what else she has in store!!!
Martina Warren
Marianna
This book may be quite short but it helped understand so much of timekeeper! It's the link between Timeless a d Timekeeper...if you skip it you'll get so confused when it flashes back to The Secrets of the Time Society.
Carie
Great teaser for the next book! Interesting new ideas about the time travel and some scary new threats. Can't wait to see how it all ties in with the continuing story and the events of the first book.
Lauren
I don't really understand these "half-novels" I liked learning some more about Michelle but still. I would just rather have the next full novel - ready for the next book in the series to come out!
Lucy
Rebecca is crazy! She is so going to make Michele's life difficult.

And I so want to know more about the Time Society, what it means to be a Timekeeper and how the actual time travelling works.
Annika
Alexandra Monir never disappoints.

here, we are introduced to a new villain: Rebecca Windsor. we are also introduced to The Time Society. as stoked as ever for Timekeeper!
Roselin Denis
Omggggg i cant wait for the next book. This little book explains so much more. It gives more secrets away and a long journey of facing evil. I cannot wait
Ask Alexandra Monir!: SECRETS OF THE TIME SOCIETY 3 19 Feb 03, 2013 01:41PM
  • Tomorrow is Today (Tempest, #0.5)
  • Glitter & Doom (Masque of the Red Death, #1.5)
  • Valkyrie Symptoms (Valkyrie, #0.5)
  • Starcrossed City (Starcrossed, #0.5)
  • Fallen from Grace (Dark Mirror, #0.5)
  • Bourne (River of Time, #3.1)
  • The Summer Before I Met You (The Lynburn Legacy, #0.5)
  • A Dawn Most Wicked (Something Strange and Deadly, #0.5)
  • The Department of Alterations (Crewel World, #0.5)
  • The Lost Boy (The Iron Witch, #0.5)
  • Untitled (XVI, #3)
  • Shadow (Paper Gods, #0.5)
  • Portrait of a Spore: The 3rd Unhidden Story (Starters, #1.5)
  • Phantom File (Dark Eden, #1.5)
  • Arriane's Day Out (Fallen Shorts, #0.5)
  • The Ash-Born Boy (The Near Witch, #0.5)
  • Timepiece (Hourglass, #2)
  • As They Slip Away (Across the Universe, #2.5)
Author and recording artist Alexandra Monir broke onto the scene in her early twenties with the release of her popular debut YA novel, the paranormal romance TIMELESS (Delacorte Press/Random House). The book caught on quickly, landing on the Barnes & Noble Bestsellers chart and being named one of Amazon's "Best Books of the Month." The sequel, TIMEKEEPER, was published in 2013. Both books in t ...more
More about Alexandra Monir...
Timeless (Timeless, #1) Timekeeper (Timeless, #2) Suspicion Timeless: Roman (Heyne fliegt)