Start by marking “Secrets of the Time Society (Timeless, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Secrets of the Time Society  (Timeless, #1.5)

Secrets of the Time Society (Timeless #1.5)

3.94  ·  Rating Details  ·  452 Ratings  ·  52 Reviews
There exists a secret society where one's ability to travel through time is "gifted" to members only by blood. Those who try to enter the society quickly come to realize that time is a force not to be reckoned with. Alexandra Monir's short story exclusive eBook, SECRETS OF THE TIME SOCIETY, sheds light upon the world created in her novel, TIMELESS, and forecasts the fate t ...more
Published March 13th 2012 by Delacorte Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2012)

Ariana
Dec 13, 2014 Ariana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shorty
Wow, this tiny book turned my timeless world right upside down!

You know, while reading Timeless there were some turnarounds that left me breathless and I didn’t imagine a book of only 26 pages or so to be able to make me feel like that again.
I was wrong and I loved the twist in the story; now I really can't wait to see how it will affect the events from Timekeeper.

To put it simple, this story takes us back into the past, it takes us back to where Michele’s story had really begun. It’s not her
Katherine
I think I would have enjoyed it more if I had read it right after the first book, because I didn't remember almost any of the characters, haha!

But if you're into time-traveling, I'm sure you'll love it!
Parvathy
One thing the book Timeless was missing was a Villain. In the beginning the Time was the villain but it seems now you have a new evil travelling along side Michelle that might lead to more complications and heart stopping moments. Can't wait for the next book in the series.
Scarlet
WoW! Just wow!

Cant wait for the next book!
Jessica
Mar 13, 2012 Jessica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you haven’t read Timeless by Alexandra Monir, you might be a little lost as to the context of this short story, but that just means you need to go read Timeless!

Although, if you haven’t read the preceding novel, “Secrets of the Time Society,” will open you up to a world where time is not linear and time travel is beyond probable.

The short story opens with the main character from Timeless, Michele Windsor, walking down a beach in present day being followed by a row of strange girls in black.
Amy Lignor
Mar 22, 2012 Amy Lignor rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For those of you left out there who have not yet read the incredible story, TIMELESS, by Alexandra Monir, then I would suggest you do so right this second.

Recently, I was sent an eBook short story titled, Secrets of the Time Society that sets up the sequel to TIMELESS. Although I know I am about to sound like a bad commercial, “THIS is one series that you HAVE to read!” The incredible plot of these stories is so unique from anything I’ve ever read before (and that’s saying a lot, considering my
Maud
Feb 10, 2016 Maud rated it liked it
Interesting to see part of the story from Rebecca's point of view but it didn't really give any extra answers. I think that it would be best to read this while reading book 2 (right after chapter 8) or after finishing it since it will make little sense to you why it is so significant if you read it before picking up book 2.
Bonnie
Update 3/16/2012: I'm officially weak. I caved and paid the $1.99. *sigh*

I don't think I'd mind paying $0.99 for this but $1.99? For 26 pages? Maybe I'm just cheap. I think I might wait till it ends up on the freebies.
Tanja (Tanychy) St. Delphi
I can't wait for the book two!!!
Andrea at Reading Lark
Review on Reading Lark: http://readinglark.blogspot.com/2012/...

This was a small treat to explain a lot of questions that are raised in Timeless. While not all of my questions have been answered, many of them have been laid to rest.

This short story sets up some tension with Michele that will no doubt be a major plot point in the second novel, Timekeeper. She is having dreams about a young girl with venom in her eyes who seems to hate Michele. Never having laid eyes on the girl before causes Mic
Pam
Aug 06, 2012 Pam rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-read
GoodReads Synopsis: There exists a secret society where one's ability to travel through time is "gifted" to members only by blood. Those who try to enter the society quickly come to realize that time is a force not to be reckoned with. Alexandra Monir's short story exclusive eBook, SECRETS OF THE TIME SOCIETY, sheds light upon the world created in her novel, TIMELESS, and forecasts the fate that lies ahead for its protagonist, Michele Windsor. Now that Michele is gifted, there are some who will ...more
OpenBookSociety.com
Brought to you by OBS reviewer Dawn

*Beware of possible Spoilers*

I loved it, to say the least. The 25 page short story is jam packed with information. Many of my questions were answered.

We are in Rebecca Windsor’s head. In Rebecca’s story, she is a vain and devious woman. She is introduced to the founder of the Time Society and learns the origin of her gift and how to better use it. She loses and then regains a key through nefarious means. Rebecca is willing to do anything to keep her gift, no ma
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://aurorareviews.blogspot.com/201...

What could such a scary and strange dream mean? Sixteen-year-old Michele wakes up startled in her grandparents’ mansion.

Secrets of the Time Society is a bridge, a short story, interesting on its own. It adds information and tension to the novel Timeless, answering some of the questions presented there. It also prepares readers for the next novel in the series expected to be published later this year.

This tale introduces a villain, Reb
Diana
Mar 14, 2012 Diana rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
OK, before I start, let me say that I really enjoyed Timeless. It was clever, well-conceived and written in a very readable prose. I am looking forward to volume 2.

That disclaimer aside, Secrets of the Time Society doesn't merit a volume 1.5 moniker. This is NOT a novella or even a short story, it really is more like a chapter to one of the other books in the series. There is no character development, so if one is unfamiliar with the first volume, this would be rather confusing read. Further, th
Rika - (The Unpretentious Reader)
Rebecca Windsor is a bitch.

I don't know if we're allowed to curse in here.. and sorry if I offended anyone. But the girl real is.

And I love Alexandra Monir for it.. We all love to have larger-than-life characters to adore, but nothing beats a villain worthy of desdain and to love to hate.

Rebecca surely delivers. and I just can't wait to read books to come cause I know she'd be one pain-in-the-a$$ and I'd like to see her bring it.

I mean to do something bad once, is one thing, but to go on and do
Pauline
Apr 30, 2012 Pauline rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This short book was really helpful in terms of answering some of the mysteries frokbthebfirst book. Clearly, the guy whom Rebecca loved was Michele's father. And in the upcoming 2nd book, it'll be Rebecca who would be running after Michele. But one thing bothers me, which sort of obvious here: if Philip can see Michele during her time travels, without using any of his personal stuff as a medium, then it is possible that Philip can also do time travel-- as the ending of the first book? Possible r ...more
CekMoNSter
Not really a continuation of the Timeless, but more to a spin off for the series. How instead of Michelle, there were actually a society whole made of time-traveller. I love the fact that there are some other with much power in their hands to lift the veil of time. Its a bit confusing, probably because I had missed the previous book too long. I love that there are villains here, because it`ll make the plot a lot more interesting. With that being said, it`ll probably make this one more confusing ...more
Megan
Nov 27, 2014 Megan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my favorite love stories of all time....
Bridget
This book is a great set-up for Timekeeper. I read Timekeeper before this one so I know what happens already, but I wish I had this little ebook beforehand. But no matter, it got read and answered some questions for me...especially the one I had about Milicent. It gave quite a bit of information about Rebecca to set it up for Timekeeper. You can read Timekeeper without this one but this book helps get into Timekeeper and understand some things that happened.

I can say I liked this one but Timeles
Amy
Mar 15, 2012 Amy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Secrets of the Time Society is a brilliantly written Short Story! It starts off with Michelle Windsor in the present and goes back in time to reveal someone in her past that finds out the truth about Michelle and wants to stop her! I would love to see more from Rebecca Windsor's prospective on what happened and if she was able to follow through with her plan to get rid of Michelle! Fantastic book that I recommend for all to read especially if you read and loved Timeless!
Noémy
Nov 30, 2012 Noémy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
PERFECT :-) I read Timeless last year and loved it. It totally took me by surprise as I had been disapointed in so many other books dealing with time travel and I really wasn't expecting this little gem. I liked it even more after reading "Secrets of the Time Society". A vilain's introduced and I can't wait to see what kind of twists Alexandra Monir's woven in the sequel ! I can't wait for Timekeepers ! Only why is it coming out in December ? Seriously it is so far away !
Mitch
Mar 17, 2012 Mitch rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I want to give this one two ratings, one as a novella and one as a supplement to the next book. As a novella, this would've only gotten a 2 at most, it just sets up the antagonist for #2 so there's really little character development and took me like 10 mins to read a (very) bare bones short story. I assume the next book would be a 4 so average out to 3 ... that might change.
Garima
This is a nice addition to the series. I actually started reading this book while I was in the middle of the second book. I thought it really cleared some things up, and I understand Rebecca a bit more. I still don't get why she wants to kill Michele. Is it just for revenge? I don't really see how killing Michele is going to help Rebecca in anyway.
Danielle
Mar 17, 2012 Danielle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Omg, I am so sad that this book was only 22 pages long. Such a tease! But even so it was great. I hope Time Keeper touches on what this book brought up. It was cool to get a little background information on Michele's father, it wasn't much but it was something lol. I love this author and I can't wait to see what else she has in store!!!
Martina Warren
Mar 13, 2012 Martina Warren rated it really liked it
Marianna
Aug 10, 2013 Marianna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book may be quite short but it helped understand so much of timekeeper! It's the link between Timeless a d Timekeeper...if you skip it you'll get so confused when it flashes back to The Secrets of the Time Society.
Carie
Jan 11, 2013 Carie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great teaser for the next book! Interesting new ideas about the time travel and some scary new threats. Can't wait to see how it all ties in with the continuing story and the events of the first book.
Lauren
May 13, 2012 Lauren rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't really understand these "half-novels" I liked learning some more about Michelle but still. I would just rather have the next full novel - ready for the next book in the series to come out!
Lucy *Mrs Khalid*
Mar 02, 2013 Lucy *Mrs Khalid* rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Timeless fans
Rebecca is crazy! She is so going to make Michele's life difficult.

And I so want to know more about the Time Society, what it means to be a Timekeeper and how the actual time travelling works.
Ask Alexandra Monir!: SECRETS OF THE TIME SOCIETY 3 20 Feb 03, 2013 01:41PM
  • Glitter & Doom (Masque of the Red Death, #1.5)
  • Fallen from Grace (Dark Mirror, #0.5)
  • Tomorrow is Today (Tempest, #0.5)
  • The Department of Alterations (Crewel World, #0.5)
  • Valkyrie Symptoms (Valkyrie, #0.5)
  • Bourne (River of Time, #3.1)
  • The Spring Before I Met You (The Lynburn Legacy, #0.25)
  • Starcrossed City (Starcrossed, #0.5)
  • A Dance with Darkness (Angelfire, #0.5)
  • Scene from Haden's POV (Falling Under, #1.1)
  • A Dawn Most Wicked (Something Strange and Deadly, #0.5)
  • Shadow (Paper Gods, #0.5)
  • Origins: The Fire (MILA 2.0, #0.5)
  • Crow Memory (The Blood Journals, #1.5)
  • The Invitation: Gathering Bonus Short
  • Untitled (XVI, #3)
  • Prophet (Struck, #0.5)
  • Phantom File (Dark Eden, #1.5)
Author and recording artist Alexandra Monir broke onto the scene in her early twenties with the release of her popular debut YA novel, the paranormal romance TIMELESS (Delacorte Press/Random House). The book caught on quickly, landing on the Barnes & Noble Bestsellers chart and being named one of Amazon's "Best Books of the Month." The sequel, TIMEKEEPER, was published in 2013. Both books in t ...more
More about Alexandra Monir...

Timeless (2 books)
  • Timeless (Timeless, #1)
  • Timekeeper (Timeless, #2)