Start by marking “You Are Good at Things: A Checklist” as Want to Read:
You Are Good at Things: A Checklist

You Are Good at Things: A Checklist

3.53 of 5 stars 3.53  ·  rating details  ·  45 ratings  ·  13 reviews
You may be suffering from unrecognized awesomeness!

* You have the uncanny ability to always notice when someone has gotten a new haircut.
* You can make the last half-ounce of toothpaste last for a month.
* You're a genius at getting stores to let you in even though it's closing time.
* You're a wizard at resisting the urge to eat all the cheese right after grating it.

Th
Published April 3rd 2012 by Perigee (first published April 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about You Are Good at Things, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You Are Good at Things

Juliana
Clearing out my to be read pile!

This book is clever. All it is is one giant checklist of secret skills and abilities. This is the kind of book you take to lunch with a friend to look over together or give as a gift at a party.

Here are a few of my own secret skills listed in the book:

-Waking up without an alarm
-Liking a one-hit wonder band's other songs
-Citing old Far Side cartoons
-Philosophizing
-Being embarrassed on the behalf of others
-Reshelving books correctly
-Finding scraps of paper to wrap
Rebecca
Yes, I realize that I just gave this a higher rating than I did carefully researched historical monographs and ambitious works of fiction. But I try to rate books on how well they accomplish their goals, and this one accomplishes its goals well.

This is not a deep work of towering achievement--it's a gag book. A bathroom reader. And you know what? It's pretty good at that. The items are witty, such as
- sweeping things under the rug (literally)
- sweeping things under the rug (figuratively)

You won
Westley
Cute, funny book about the myriad of small (sometimes petty) things at which you may be good.
Jan 01, 2015 Sarah rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2014
Very cute.
Selket Nicole
this book reminded me of "14,000 things to be happy about" or a little of "the book of awesome." it's silly, but it's also a reminder - notice and take joy in the little things, the things that make you unique and make you you - you have a particular skill set that no one else has. the items on the list that were the most "me": walking long distances in flip-flops. check. sticking stickers to things. big fat check. guaranteed that somtehing in this book will make you smile. :)
Chezzie
Interesting, fun, empowering, obliviously sexist. They suggest checking off things you do, marking ones you want to do, and putting a minus sign next to the ones you don't wanna do. So when I've come across sexist things I put a minus next to them and the fun continues. :)
Nancy Graham
Though initially I found this book a bit repetative, I'm glad I stuck with it -- because it often made me laugh out loud. I would tackle 3-5 pages during a break or to get a change of pace from a more demanding book ... and I found it delightful. Find your rhythm with this book and enjoy the ride.
Adriana
This book is basically a giant checklist of dubious skills and talents that one might have.
Enjoyable for a little bit as a browse thru book when with friends and with nothing better to discuss, I didn’t really find it particularly interesting.
Becky
Great book for laughing with friends. It's a nice pat on the back, and will stir up fun memories.
Kim
I thought this was a book. It was in fact a very long list.
Becky
Could've been cleaner, but was enjoyable and fun to go through.
Lucy
hilarious and addictive.
Katie Shiber
SO much fun!
Stacy Jackson
Stacy Jackson marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
Abrielle Tolle
Abrielle Tolle marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2015
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2015
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2015
Bradley J. Davis
Bradley J. Davis marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2015
Regina Wilson
Regina Wilson marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Stefanie Huber
Stefanie Huber marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Renata Teixeira
Renata Teixeira marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Sho
Sho is currently reading it
Nov 25, 2014
Char Heinz
Char Heinz marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Dear Old Love: Anonymous Notes to Former Crushes, Sweethearts, Husbands, Wives, &  Ones That Got Away Dear Old Love: Anonymous Notes to Former Crushes, Sweethearts, Husbands, Wives, &  Ones That Got Away The Jottery: Thought Experiments for Everyday Philosophers and Part-Time Geniuses A Grudge Can Be Art (An Essay from Things I've Learned From  Women Who've Dumped Me) Things I've Learned from Women Who've Dumped Me