Start by marking “Gaea's Chosen: Event Horizon (Gaea's Chosen, #2)” as Want to Read:
Gaea's Chosen: Event Horizon (Gaea's Chosen, #2)

Gaea's Chosen: Event Horizon (Gaea's Chosen, #2)

4.77 of 5 stars 4.77  ·  rating details  ·  13 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Dr. Marcus Gilpin left Earth with the woman he loved, but the very science he put his faith in promised her to another man…

Six months after waking in unknown parts of the galaxy, Marcus Gilpin is still recovering from a mauling that nearly killed him. His love gone, his ship lost—a crew of twenty now numbers only five, and he should have been among the dead.

He’s not entire
ebook, 1
Published March 6th 2012 by Smashwords Edition

To ask other readers questions about Gaea's Chosen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gaea's Chosen

Siobhan Muir
Did you read Gaea's Chosen: The Mayday Directive? If you have, you'll know that tough-as-nails characters run in Ms. Michaels' blood. In the Mayday Directive, we got a taste of Marcus Gilpin and he came across as a sullen, grumpy nerd. But in Event Horizon, we find out why he's so sullen and grumpy, and damn if he doesn't have a good reason! This is Marcus' story and he has to solve a pretty big mystery that could kill him and all he cares about if he doesn't get it right. No pressure.

Gaea's Cho
Kathryn
Flying through space has never been my "thing" but as with the first book, this one has me totally captured with the characters. Marcus, healing from injuries hears a voice from his past. It's not a voice he ever thought he'd hear again. Fall in love ..... upon a star.
L. T.  Dalin
When I started reading this, I was momentarily confused, as I'd just finished book #1, and I expected it to still be narrated from Gemma Bryant's POV. It wasn't, and as soon as I understood that, it was a breeze.

Seeing it from a different perspective was a clever move, because it made me sympathize with a character which was previously not high on my good boy's list.

This sequel tied up a lot of lose ends. It was very interesting to get more information on the crew, and follow them on their miss
Aniko Carmean
Event Horizon is the second in Cara Michael's Gaea's Chosen series. I bought it before I even finished The Mayday Directive, wanting more Gemma and wishing for more Ruarc. Although not as rich in subtext or as rife with Big Questions as The Mayday Directive, Event Horizon does what good sci-fi should do: it gets us to examine our own culture and experiences to find larger truths about what is acceptable, ethical, and moral.

Tegan and Marc are engaged. They are about to take to the stars, travelli
J.M. Filipowicz
The protagonist in the second installment is Dr. Marcus Gilpin, who we know from The Mayday Directive as the man pheromone-paired with Gemma Bryant in a scientific match-making. Instead of love, he delivers Gemma a hearty dose of assholery. In Event Horizon we see a different side of Marcus, a man devastated to find that the woman he loves has been paired with someone else, and worse, that she is among the presumed dead. Marcus survives a mauling by an alien ape-cat, but his emotional scars run ...more
Roy Huff
Roy Huff marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2013
Cara
Apr 11, 2013 Cara added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: wrote
Daniel Swensen
Daniel Swensen marked it as to-read
May 01, 2012
Denna
Denna marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2012
Nellie
Nellie is currently reading it
Mar 08, 2012
Gaea's Chosen: The Mayday Directive Their First Noelle Gaea's Chosen: Heavenly Bodies (Gaea's Chosen, #3) Orange Karen: Tribute to a Warrior