Start by marking “Dremiks” as Want to Read:
Dremiks

Dremiks

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  46 ratings  ·  19 reviews
They had a deal...
One hundred years in the future, Earth’s decimated population jumps at an alien offer of inter-stellar technology. All they have to do in return? Travel to the far side of the universe and save the dying planet Dremiks.

Some agreements are easier to keep than others...
The crew and passengers of ISA shuttle Hudson are about to test the extent of their loyal
Published March 20th 2012 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about Dremiks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dremiks

Embrace by Stacey RourkeThe Conduit by Stacey RourkeSacrifice by Stacey RourkeWingless and Damned by Dawn WhiteProject ELE by Rebecca Gober
KBR Best Indie Books 2012 (Scifi/fantasy)
14th out of 102 books — 353 voters
The Bridge To Caracas by Stephen DouglassShadow Hills by Anastasia HopcusThe Secret Magdalene by Ki LongfellowKerri's War by Stephen DouglassThe Tainted Trust by Stephen Douglass
Lesser Known Authors
188th out of 3,418 books — 4,141 voters

More lists with this book...

Matt
Not bad. The character dialogue was believable and interesting enough to keep reading. The main characters are great. The ideas behind the story are interesting, and pretty cool, however I didn't feel like it all came together properly.

Although the dialogue reads well, entirely too much of it is spent shipboard for the first half of the book. The (view spoiler) that happened shipboard didn't read like there was any sense of urgency prior to the arrival at Dremiks. Also
Gertie
I do love space stories and had been looking forward to reading this one for a while. In the end I did enjoy this one, althogh not quite as much as I had expected to; after giving it some thought I think I was influenced by a higher than normal amount of editing errors. One of the issues was a slightly bizarre use of waive everywhere wave should have been used. (The author is looking into this.)

Unfortunately typos can sometimes lead to my being harsher on a book - I think partly because they tak
Laurel
Pandora's Book
I loved Dremiks. I want to get that out of the way now because it’s all I’ve been saying for almost a week. This is apparently Cassandra Davis’s debut novel, and it’s a good one.

There are spaceships. There are bombs. There’s aliens. And conspiracies, power plays, deception and saboteurs…There’s even chocolate.

But first, there’s a treaty.

Humans and Dremikians have worked out an agreement for humans to begin settling on the planet of Dremiks, which is now inhospitable to the Dremikians. All they h
Warneke Reading
Could not put this one down! This is one of the few books where I did not see the plot twist coming! Great story development and writing. As a man reading a woman protagonist, I did not find her difficult to understand. She and her challenges are relatable. I consider this an accomplishment for any character in a science fiction story. I also found the other characters interesting and well developed. The premise and world of Dremiks is fascinating, exciting, and I eagerly anticipate coming back ...more
Theresa
Once I started reading "Dremiks", I couldn't stop. I was driven to install the Kindle reader on my computer, my tablet, and my phone, just so I didn't have to be apart from this amazing novel before I reached the end. It was refreshing to read a novel that managed to have a strong (yet realistically human) female lead character without taking a tone of misandry. I genuinely hope Cassandra Davis continues to write in this universe, as I find myself eager to hear of Commander Maggie O'Connell's ne ...more
John Abbott
Cassandra Davis has done a wonderful job with this book! The political fighting amongst the humans was one thing, but added to that the aliens made it even better.

It plays out as a political/mystery in space but is so much more than that. Space Opera readers should definitely take a look at this.

I will definitely recommend this book to those that like the genre. Heck even if they don't like the genre I'll recommend it.
Rita Monticelli
Scroll down for the English version.

Un’appassionante space opera

C’è tanto lavoro dietro questo romanzo. Lo si percepisce dalla sua lunghezza, la complessità della trama, la quantità di personaggi e come le loro vicende sono intrecciate, la cura dei dettagli e persino la sua suddivisione in un gran numero di scene, che ci forniscono il quadro di una storia davvero imponente, una di quelle per cui non vedi l’ora di rimetterti a leggere.
In un’atmosfera un po’ alla Star Trek troviamo l’equipaggio de
Chris Weakley
While I can admit to being somewhat biased because the author is a dear friend, I will say that I enjoyed the book immensely. It is a very good first novel and she sets forth an interesting universe that I hope she will return to again. I would like to see more interaction with humans and the other races.

I would definitely put this on my summer beach reading list.
C.M. Huddleston
Dremiks is a combination of Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica, and the Big Bang Theory — in other words — great plot, abundant characters, plenty of action, enough science to make the story credible, and just enough romance to keep you believing that all this could really happen. I look forward to reading more from Cassandra Davis.
Teresa
I am slightly biased because I know the author ... but even if I didn't I would read this for the wonderful and strong female protagonist. Witty with quick, sharp writing and a wonderfully written interpersonal relationships.
Marlene
Cassandra Davis has created a fantastic universe and developed some truly engaging characters to play in it. I really enjoyed reading this book and recommend it to every lover of science fiction space drama out there.
Karen
I had a blast with this book. (You've just got to read the foot washing :D) The characters were wonderful. Great read by a new author!
Noah Murphy
Book starts off really slow, but about a third of the way in it picks up. But half-way through, you are hooked.
Chad Sayban
In the not-so-distant future, a race of aliens has offered Earth a deal – The Dremikians will provide humans with their advanced technology if humanity agrees to save their doomed home planet of Dremiks from destruction. What the crew of the Hudson – Earth’s first intergalactic starship – don’t realize is that there are a those who don’t want them to succeed, or even reach Dremiks. Captain Hill, Commander O’Connell and the rest of the crew will have to confront deception, sabotage, political wra ...more
Mariachiara
Trama: L’umanità ha quasi distrutto a forza di guerre la Terra, ma ora ha la speranza di poter colonizzare altri pianeti grazie ai Dremiks, una razza aliena approdata sul nostro pianeta, poiché il loro era diventato incompatibile con la loro fisiologia. Pacifici, hanno deciso di donare agli umani la tecnologia per il volo spaziale in cambio di un favore, cioè che li aiutino a rimodificare in parte l’ecologia del loro pianeta madre per potervi così tornare, naturalmente gli umani potranno a loro ...more
Masquerade Crew
MARK WOOD'S REVIEW

Dremiks is the name of an alien planet on the edges of the known universe and it is in trouble. Its inhabitants need us to mine a very important element that will help halt the planets destruction and in return, they will help us establish a colony there. And so, a new spaceship, fitted with Dremiks technology, heads out to the distant stars.

Dremiks is your classic, average space-opera with much of the action set in deep space as the crew and colonists deal with unplanned pregn
Elizabeth (Stuffed Shelves)
This is another one of those space stories. Coincidentally I was in the mood for such a book, when I found this one out. Unfortunately due to the high amount of grammar and spelling issues, I had difficulty really getting into this book. I assumed that a book with spaceships, aliens, conspiracy, and massive explosives, would have a bit more substance to the story line.

It didn't help that the most of the book seemed to be an introduction to the ship and the characters on board. The author hints
Amanda Chalifoux
sounds like a thrilling book!
Abby
Abby marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
Soco
Soco marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
Chris
Chris added it
Apr 27, 2015
Claudia
Claudia marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2015
Ztyu
Ztyu marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
Caitlin Colbert
Caitlin Colbert is currently reading it
Apr 15, 2015
Patricia Moss
Patricia Moss marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Ishimura
Ishimura marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Space Opera Fans : Dremiks by Cassandra Davis 11 53 Mar 20, 2015 05:52PM
  • At the End (The Road to Extinction, #1)
  • Lux 1.1: Seeds (Lux, #1)
  • Strangers
  • Ascent (The Party Series, #1)
  • Letters to Mom
  • What Would Satan Do?
  • I Can Only Give You Everything
  • Dead Things
  • Finding Ava (Finding Ava, #1)
  • Beginning With the End: A Memoir of Twin Loss and Healing
  • No Alternative
  • Scattered Ashes
  • Puppet
  • A Touch of Honor (The Honor Trilogy #1)
  • Six of One
  • Sweet so Fragile
  • Santa Claus and Little Sister
  • Ascending Into Euphoria: A Collection of Poetry
Cassandra Davis (Amy to her friends and family) was raised an army brat: constantly traveling, making new friends every four years, and surrounded by an unique military culture. In the seventh grade, she complained to her English teacher that she’d read every fiction book in the library. The teacher handed Cassandra a blank notebook and told her to write her own stories.

After working as a US Senat
More about Cassandra Davis...

“Do I think it was inherent nobility that brought us out here?” He shook his head. “Maybe. I don’t call it nobility, though. I think it’s our innate human need to champion the underdog. We are constant optimists. We’re the emotional descendents of the caveman who stood defiant in the front of the wooly mammoth. We rebuild cities at the base of Vesuvius, get back on the bicycle when we fall off, whack that hornet’s nest every spring. Humans cheer for the couldn’t be, believe in the shouldn’t be. We love causes; the harder, the more lost they are, the more we love them. Is that nobility?Maybe. Maybe it’s a pernicious genetic defect that makes our species susceptible to shared delusion. Whatever it is, it keeps life interesting.” 2 likes