Start by marking “Ice Tomb” as Want to Read:
Ice Tomb

Ice Tomb

NASA lures volcanologist Erica Daniels to a conference in Houston by promising to consider her for their upcoming mission—establishing the first moon base. Instead, her archrival and ex-lover, David Marsh, gets the plum assignment, while she’s sent to Antarctica. An irritating British archaeologist and a brilliant Russian astrophysicist accompany her on a journey through u ...more
Published January 5th 2012 by Smashwords (first published September 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Ice Tomb, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ice Tomb

Joy Sallegue
Aug 05, 2014 Joy Sallegue rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Originally posted on Simple Joys in Life:

A few weeks ago, my boyfriend and I went to BookSale and purchased five books which cost ten pesos each. Pretty cheap right? One of the books we bought was Ice Tomb, a science fiction written by Deborah Jackson.

I am not a sci-fi fan so I didn’t expect that this book would excite me and make me want to read inside a moving vehicle. I don’t normally do that (no-no for our eyes!). But Ice Tomb is just worth all the trouble. It is sooo good.

Ice Tomb is a stor
May 27, 2016 Jarek rated it did not like it
Shelves: kindle
Ice Tomb by Deborah Jackson is one of very few books which I disliked so much, I couldn't finish them. In this case I gave up after struggling through about one-third of the book.

The premise of "Ice Tomb" might be fine, but the writing is definitely inadequate, and the end result is a novel, which is boring and irritating at the same time. One of its many annoyances is the eyes fetish permeating the writing. For each and every person appearing in the book, no matter how insignificant, their eyes
Faye Hicks
Jul 31, 2012 Faye Hicks rated it it was amazing
This story grabbed my interest right from the start - it’s fast paced and interesting, and I had a hard time putting it down. I especially liked the main character, Erica. She’s not particularly likable, but that just made her more realistic and interesting to me. I also liked the way author Deborah Jackson captured the competitive (and often ruthless) nature of the academic world. I live and work in that world every day and the events in this book were entirely believable to me. Also, the scien ...more
Sarah (Workaday Reads)
This book had a little bit of everything from volcanos, a trip to the moon, a trip to Antarctica, Atlantean myth, romance and disappearing scientists. It seems like a wide variety, but it does tie together to form a cohesive story. Not exactly plausible, particularly the later part of the book, but it is certainly entertaining.

There were scientific explanations provided for everything that happened along the way. While this makes sense since the story has all scientist characters, it was a bit m
Jody Walker
May 18, 2015 Jody Walker rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
No, Just NO!! Could not even finish it. Started out great, just got worse and worse. It seems a lot is going to happen, but it just did not get there. I waited and read what seemed like the same thing over and over - still waiting. Never happened. Life is too short - I gave up and put it away. Maybe one day.. doubtful
Sep 11, 2016 Ruby rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really good

I was surprised by this book. I had a hard time putting it down so I could sleep a little. The ideas in it caught me by surprise. I really liked it. I hope her other books are just as good. I will find out.

Nov 02, 2015 Alana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Great read I loved the science and archaeology aspects of this book.
I highly recommend it, I couldn't put it down.
Great Book

Just sit back and enjoy a good adventure. It's a good what if story. You get a good feeling for how things could happen.
Sep 27, 2014 Tina rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
No. Just ... no. The concept, excellent. The writing, so-so. The bloody swooning-and-submitting-to-the-strong-male bits?

Jan 06, 2016 Cudeyo rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Empecé el año 2016 con mal pie, y es que no me ha gustado nada este libro. Me ha resultado pesado, aburrido, y encima con la típica historia romántica de chica que, a pesar de ser un genio en su trabajo y tener supuestamente un carácter fuerte, necesita tener al chico dominante a su lado. Puafff .

Está catalogado como libro de ciencia ficción, con suspense, pero con tanto toque romántico no se yo.

Para darle más "empaque" al libro, la autora se pierde en explicaciones científicas que creo que sól
Aug 17, 2013 Mythros rated it really liked it
This an interesting read. Jackson did a good job blending portions of hard sc-fi with fantasy sc-fi. The action takes place in 2 brutal unforgiving environments, the moon & Antarctica. There are mysteries about the disappearance of teams sent out before Daniel's team. Also mysteries that require a volcanologist.
Some of my favorite reads about people pitted against tremendously dangerous environments that they have to battle for survival. Sometimes the objective is accomplished sometimes it'
Craig Norborg
Aug 07, 2014 Craig Norborg rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun book, interesting storyline.
Susan Moore
Dec 17, 2015 Susan Moore rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Futuristic thriller.

I like how Deborah Jackson used the story of Atlantis for part of her plot. Strong female characters enrich a typically male driven plot involving Antarctica and the moon. Writing is excellent. I loved the teleportation and the physics review. This made for a good reread 3 years after I bought it.
"He gazed up into Erica's enormous cobalt eyes, frothing with concern, or was it pity?"

If it weren't for the gems like the one above I would consider giving the book three stars. I liked the first half, it was a solid set-up to an Antarctic mystery, but the second half was too technobabbly and the romantic suspence was just meh.
Jul 21, 2015 Scott rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ancient aliens, apocalyptic end of the world thriller
Dec 03, 2012 Steve rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one goes in some in some strange directions in the beginning only to take some twists and turns that bring things back around in some unexpected ways. Then everything ends with a conclusion that I didn't anticipate.
Nikki Campana
Feb 21, 2013 Nikki Campana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was packed full of adventure, well written, had characters you invested in and was fast paced. This was the first time I read anything by Deborah Jackson and I will be reading her again. Very entertaining.
Jonathan Westbrook
The story was unique enough to keep me interested, but the author needs to give her characters more to do to express themselves other than raising eyebrows, biting lower lips, and traipsing all over.
Melissa Merry
Mar 23, 2014 Melissa Merry rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

great read, kept me hooked till the end. it did get a little technical at times for my tastes, though
Very interesting story line yet lacks depth in literacy maturity and shows an over maturity in scientific content.
D. Quarles
Nov 29, 2012 D. Quarles rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this book and was very disappointed the next book is not available.
Feb 25, 2013 Kenny rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very creative and interesting book. I really enjoyed this one.
Mike Welch
Sep 23, 2013 Mike Welch rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the tale and didn't want to put it down.
Oct 24, 2012 Snudson rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Can't believe I wasted time reading this book.
Mar 19, 2014 Melangell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun read.
Emilia added it
Oct 17, 2016
Gordon marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2016
Wes rated it it was amazing
Oct 06, 2016
  • The Celtic Conspiracy
  • The Nemesis Worm
  • 65 Below
  • Parallel Worlds: Nothing is as it seems
  • The Dying Times (The Survivor Chronicles. #1)
  • Dominatus
  • Gorgon (Alex Hunter, #5)
  • Everywhere But No Place (Messages From The Unseen World, #1)
  • Freehold
  • Subterrestrial
  • The Dark Lady: A Romance of the Far Future (Birthright #13)
  • Lifeline
  • Nuclear Winter Wonderland: A Wild Tale of Nuclear Terror, Kidnapping, Gangsters and Family Values
  • The Blood King Conspiracy (Matt Drake, #2)
  • The Ghost Pirate's Treasure: Mystery of the Jaguar Warrior (Paranormally Yours, #1)
Deborah Jackson grew up in the Toronto region, received her undergraduate degree from the University of Ottawa and worked for many years in the healthcare field before beginning her writing career. She is the author of several science fiction and historical fiction novels. Deborah is a member of the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators and Speculative Fiction Canada. Articles about ...more
More about Deborah Jackson...